• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I really hope they don't go back to the Red and Blue Formula that has been done to death so many times.
What I really hope is that they learn from Legends and make the necessary changes so that we dont have to go back to the old formula. The main problem is that Masuda and friends are stuck in the past and cant really innovate. We'll probably be getting 8 Gyms again. Yeah, you can fight them in any order but so what. They might even add another Dark type Gym to make it even more "special". As someone whos played since RBY the whole gym system is boring to me now. I need this game to be different in a way that can make want to buy it and not wait for BoTW2 or other games. What they really need to do is take notes from Legends. Make Frostbite and the Snow weather a thing and get rid of Frozen status, make items consumables for the former trade evos, etc. Knowing GF though, they'll take a step forward with the new true open world and take steps back and do something stupid.

Last edited:
I can not wait for this game I hope we get more info soon
I wouldn't count on next month for any new info. Most likely in May or June. It is surprising though that we still don't know the region name so maybe it will be revealed along with new regional forms

No official news yet but there's some info that's "leaked" by a very reputable chinese leaker. He's hinting that the ScarVio legends will be Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric. I really hope not, considering how I'm tired of Dragon being a legendary typing. Take what I'm putting on here with bags of salt. I'm pretty positive we'll get more official info after Golden Week.

Last edited:
No official news yet but there's some info that's "leaked" by a very reputable chinese leaker. He's hinting that the ScarVio legends will be Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric. I really hope not, considering how I'm tired of Dragon being a legendary typing. Take what I'm putting on here with bags of salt. I'm pretty positive we'll get more official info after Golden Week.
I am surprised how "quiet" things have been since this game has been announced. I have a feeling it could get delayed (which I won't be surprised if it does). I know some people are going to go off on "leaks" but take things with a grain of salt.

Yeah its been pretty silent for a while but the chinese riddler is legit. Most run-of-the-mill leakers have outlandish "leaks" like Dunsparce evos and would be lucky if they could get one predicted mon right. The riddler has the cred though. In his PLA riddle before the datamines he got every single new mon right. Not just one of them, ALL OF THEM. I wouldn't post this for any leak but since its him it may end up being real. He's definitely someone who has inside info. Like you said though, one still have take it with a grain of salt because he might not have a lot of info like he had for PLA and BDSP.

The Chinese riddler has got something. Says news will be soon. I believe him, considering around this time is usually when the second trailer for new games drop.

As a random thought, I really hope the rest of the dex consists primarily of Pokemon we can't catch in the other Switch games. I just want to transfer these shinies on my Home account to an actual game.

New trailer tomorrow according to the official Pokemon twitter account!
20220531_100018.jpg

It looks good! I was worried at the beginning that performance wasn't being improved, but as the trailer continued I didn't see it there as bad at all. This makes me feel a little better about the lag problem but I'm still going to be weary of it since there are weather and seasonal cycles involved. I'd definitely pick violet after seeing the legendaries if I were to get a copy. I feel like these are better designed than sword and shield ones. Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye on this game for dumping. I'm personally still going to stay skeptical for my own benefit.

Well I seen the new trailer and (sigh) I am feeling mixed on it. On hand it does look better than the last trailer with the graphics, there are some new Pokémon that I haven't seen before, and of course it has that Legends Arceus feel to it so I know for a fact its going to be open world, but still part of me is still worried that they are going back to their routes of Pokémon. I still have no idea what the story is and if there is a new evil team we have to deal with and if we are going back to fighting gym leaders and becoming champion yet again.

I could be wrong, and I hope I'm wrong so I am still giving this game the benefit of the doubt that it can be better than Sword and Shield. The new legendries look pretty cool and its coming out by November 18, 2022 (I wont be surprised if it gets delayed though)

As a pig enthusiast.... Lechonk. Chonky. My best friend.

The legendaries look kinda like Digimon tbh! Something very sci-fi about their appearances.

Not sure if I'll be playing this iteration of Pokemon (haven't even finished Legends or BD/SP yet) but I'm here to see what S/V will bring to the table.

eh. not keen on the idea of game-exclusive professors. i wanted to choose violet, but i don't want to be stuck with the ugly as heck gigachad-looking dude even if i do suspect i'll agree with his 'stance' more. the scarlet professor having fangs looks pretty stupid. i don't care for either of the legendary designs, so that's not going to sway me, fortunately. i'll probably wait to see what the other version exclusives are and see if the clothes (assuming there's customization) are being made version-exclusive too. if they are, i'll probably have to go violet and just ignore mr. ugly.

on the bright side, at least that female 'rival' i've finally been waiting for is here.

Neither of the legendaries do much for me. I’ll probably go with Violet since I like the professor more.

I adore the other newly revealed Pokémon though. All three of them are equally adorable. Lechonk and Smoliv will definitely be on my team!

Last edited:
Just a few notes on the trailer...

1. Motorcycle Legendaries
Someone pointed out how the boxart legends resemble motorcycles. This does confirm what riddler khu has said and that we are able to ride them in the game. It may also be a reason why the pokestops look like petrol stations.

2. The theme is Past and Future
If there are remakes of these games, most likely Past Scarlet and Future Violet. The boxart legends also have a past/future theme to them. Koraidon has a feral, primitive look while Miraidon has a futuristic, robotic sort of look. The professors names are also based on the Spanish words for past and future, pasada and futuro.

3. The professors might be villains
The fact that Professors Sada and Turo resemble the boxarts heavily may indicate that they might be the true villains of their respective games. It would be the first time that a professor would also be an antagonist.

4. True open world, true level progression
If we can fight the "gyms" in any order this may mean that gym leader lineups may also be different depending on what order. It would be interesting from a gameplay perspective to see if this will be the case and how it effects the ingame story/progression.

5. Possible themed teams?
I noticed that the "Grass-type" arena had a lot of flowers but the flag had a flame symbol, meaning that maybe this particular arena is a Sun weather arena, rather than a monotyped arena. Raihan was technically Dragon, but centered his strategy on weather. Maybe ScarVio will have the first true themed "gyms" or arenas.

Back