• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

It looks really good; I honestly still miss the 2D models though. I’m a little iffy on the open world aspect since I think open world is kinda overrated; some of the open world ganes I tried were so overwhelming like Assassin’s Creed Origins with too much to do and explore, i couldn’t progress because anxiety, or focus. I’m hoping it won’t be like that.

I’d love for the game corners or something like what we had in pokemon red returned and maintain the no rlc transactions ofc. They were so fun; I love when games have small mini games and really cool prizes too.
i am very interested in trying this game out regardless. Bugs me that people got so upset over something that involved no micro transactions at all. :/

Aside from these small things, I am keeping expectations low to avoid being disappointed. I hope it will be one that I’ll like since I really miss playing pokemon (just don’t miss the ivs and all the complicated stuff 😅). I’d also like to see other pokemon from other generations in it too without needing to have played the new diamond/pearl, sword/shield or trade, some previously event only pokemon catchable without needing to go to events (like mew), but that is probably asking too much 🤔

Sorry this is all over the place.

I'll wait until we know all the version exclusives before deciding for sure, but I'm heavily leaning towards getting Scarlet right now. I like the past aesthetic a bit more, and I prefer its box legend as well.
Also, I love Smoliv and I will protect it with my life

Don't plan on buying.

I wasn't impressed by the trailers, most likely the same old same old when it comes to the pokemon series. Also the graphics still look so bad to me, like an Xbox 360 game. Starters are meh. Fuecoco is def the cutest though.

serve me up a tall glass of those professors because i am thirsty

i love the legendary designs and i sincerely don't know why. they're gawdy as heck and a bit absurd. one of them is a freaking jet lizard. so weird but i adore it.

Until I see what the lore is for this game I will remain cautiously skeptical. If it goes back the whole "defeat evil team/beat gym leaders/become champion" type story I may not get it because I am so sick of that formula in every Pokémon game. At least with Legends Arceus they did something different which was so much more needed.

I love what I'm seeing so far! Very interesting. Personally, I'm on team Scarcoco (Scarlet + Fuecoco) for sure. Lechonk is so adorable! ☺️🐷🐽💞 With a name that's fun to say and a cute round design, it's no wonder why it became an instant fan favorite. Also, it's like Game Freak lifted one of the little piggies from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker over their heads and plopped it right into the world of Pokémon! It makes me sooooo happy!! Chonky cousins 🥰
448-4487029_link-and-pigs-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker.png
250px-Lechonk.png

Hey I just realized we have 5 months to go until release and we don't have the region name yet! I wonder why 🤔

I'll wait until we know all the version exclusives before deciding for sure, but I'm heavily leaning towards getting Scarlet right now. I like the past aesthetic a bit more, and I prefer its box legend as well.
Also, I love Smoliv and I will protect it with my life

I feel the same way. Back when all we had were the game titles and starters I was leaning Violet cause I pretty much always choose the cool colour themed game over the warm one (the only “warm” themed game I’ve chosen was Firered over Leafgreen), but the past theme and legendary of Scarlet is making lean hard towards it. Wouldn’t hurt for a change honestly. :)

The professor also kinda reminds me of the prehistoric lady you can play as in Chrono Trigger and I really like her and think she’s cool.

3D540E38-8DE5-4224-9939-9E74292FFCDA.jpeg

I knew it! Never trust a professor that doesn't have a tree name!

5ee3dlx99e391.jpg

I'm watching a video where someone is talking abt these games and they keep referring to Fuecoco as "foo-coco" whic is so annoying to me lol. just a heads up to anyone else who might not know, it's a combination of "fuego" (fway-go, spanish word for fire) and cocodrilo (spanish word for crocodile) so it's pronounced "fway-coco" :)

Hmmm one of them is Sus (yes I had to say it and I know Among Us is a dead meme but I had to say it)
Hey! Sus is not dead yet! I have to say that both of them are sus. Professors are almost always interested in the scientific aspects of Pokémon, not their lore. Plus, everyone knows that professors have tree surnames. That's just a truth in the Pokémon world.

Anyone else think that these could be our villains?
Yes, because these two professors are themed past and future, just like the legendaries. It can't be just a coincidence. It may also go with GF's recent pattern of the "evil team" not being the true antagonist of the game (aether foundation in gen 7, macro cosmos in gen 8).

On the topic of professors, these two might share a surname (if Sada and Turo are each one’s first names, which isn’t likely unless they are married) that might have to do with a tree. In the meantime, however, I’d like to know what plants have “Sada” and “Turo” in their name.

I checked out the Pokémon YouTube channel and they are currently running shorts featuring each of the previous regions. The most recent one is a short featuring Unova and was released on June 2. Going by the calendar, Kalos should be released around June 9, Alola around June 16 and Galar around the 23rd. This countdown should end with the new ScarVio region at the end of the month. Most of the shorts take scenes from the Pokémon anime / Ash's journey so I highly doubt they will feature Hisui as a region. This means we should get another trailer this month on June 29 or 30, which might reveal the region name. Pokémon likes doing these sort of buildups so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Seeing the legendaries only reaffirmed my choice of Violet. Kind of got Lunala vibes from it. Maybe it's just me.
I'd definitely appreciate a plot twist with evil professors. I guess it's my age but the old formula is wearing thin on me a bit. Not setting my hopes too high and just going to enjoy the ride. That grass kitty is too precious.

Anyone else think that these could be our villains?
Maybe. I find it odd that one of them has fangs. It makes me think of how some pokemon can take human form. But if I remember right, they didn't talk but these professors do talk.

Back