Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Shinkai's Paldean Prize - Update 6

I KNOW I know, I'm sending way too many posts in a row and stuff, but I finally managed to get some screenshots.
At this point, Icing the Shroodle has died. He served the team well, and he was soon to evolve into a Grafaiai. It's sad that couldn't happen.
I'm about to take on the Fire Team Star base with Naclstack, Pawmo, and Cyclizar as the new team member. If you didn't know, in this Nuzlocke, I am allowed to catch and use only one of each Gen 9 Pokemon, and if a Pokemon faints, it dies.

Here's the current team:
2023081218564000-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Here's the Graveyard (R.I.P. Stick, Butter, and Icing):
2023081218565200-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Here's my progress:
2023081218571300-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

And here's my Profile:
2023081218573600-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Shinkai's taking a selfie with his beloved Affogato (his Floragato), but his face says otherwise. The pain of loss has removed his former happy-go-lucky facial expression. At least he still has his Pokemon. Most of them. He mourns their death, but he's determined to go on. Stick was his sweeper up until his demise, and Butter fought valiantly at the Cortondo gym. Icing had helped him since his addition to the team back at Los Platos but wasn't a match for one rogue trainer on the beach. One thing, however, stays in his mind. They all died in the same way. Fighting with determination, only to all be crushed by the power of a Critical Hit. His own determination holds strong. He will not lose.

Last edited:
I KNOW I know, I'm sending way too many posts in a row and stuff, but I finally managed to get some screenshots.
At this point, Icing the Shroodle has died. He served the team well, and he was soon to evolve into a Grafaiai. It's sad that couldn't happen.
I'm about to take on the Fire Team Star base with Naclstack, Pawmo, and Cyclizar as the new team member. If you didn't know, in this Nuzlocke, I am allowed to catch and use only one of each Gen 9 Pokemon, and if a Pokemon faints, it dies.

Here's the current team:
View attachment 507088
Here's the Graveyard (R.I.P. Stick, Butter, and Icing):
View attachment 507089
Here's my progress:
View attachment 507090
And here's my Profile:
View attachment 507091
Shinkai's taking a selfie with his beloved Affogato (his Floragato), but his face says otherwise. The pain of loss has removed his former happy-go-lucky facial expression. At least he still has his Pokemon. Most of them. He mourns their death, but he's determined to go on. Stick was his sweeper up until his demise, and Butter fought valiantly at the Cortondo gym. Icing had helped him since his addition to the team back at Los Platos but wasn't a match for one rogue trainer on the beach. One thing, however, stays in his mind. They all died in the same way. Fighting with determination, only to all be crushed by the power of a Critical Hit. His own determination holds strong. He will not lose.

I love reading your updates! I'm somewhat of a Nuzlocke challenge master, so it's interesting to see someone doing a challenge on the newest games. It looks like you're continuing to do well despite the heavy losses. Keep up the good work and keep us posted! 😤

I love reading your updates! I'm somewhat of a Nuzlocke challenge master, so it's interesting to see someone doing a challenge on the newest games. It looks like you're continuing to do well despite the heavy losses. Keep up the good work and keep us posted! 😤
Yeah, thanks! As I've mentioned this is my first ever Nuzlocke, so I may do more in the future! At the end, I'm going to do a drawing of all my members. I've hit the point where I'm becoming really emotionally attached to my Pokemon, so...
I hope my starter never dies, that's all...

Edit:

Shinkai's Paldean Prize: Update 6.5

Bikeboy the Cyclizar and Jumpman the Naclstack both swept the Fire team star base, netting us our seventh badge! Off to the Titan Orthworm... tomorrow! Shinkai is tired. So is Pawmo.

Last edited:
Another new video dropped during Worlds. Here's the new info:

1. Psychic Noise is a new Psychic move that prevents the target to heal
2. Upper Hand is a new (assumedly Fighting) move that hits an opponent using a priority move and flinches them
3. Raging Bolt is Electric/Dragon and has Thunderclap, an Electric priority move
4. Iron Crown is Steel/Psychic and has Tachyon Cutter, a Steel move that is guaranteed to hit two times
5. Terapagos is hinted to be able to use all types??? Obviously a tease for the final trailer and keep us in suspense.

Edit: Forgot to mention that ALL starters are in the game when Indigo Disk releases!

Also...there is a 19th type that is only accessible through Terastalization

F3Zlk-QbYAAzuzU.jpeg

Last edited:
Woah, that is big fricking news. I wonder how that will shape up competitive?

Shinkai's Paldean Prize: Update 7

Anyway, Andrew swept Titan Orthworm! Nuzlocke is going pretty good...

Last edited:
Shinkai's Paldean Prize: Update 8

Affogato took down Veluza and Wugtrio, and Andrew took down the overpowered Crabominable which usually one-shots with Crabhammer, but with a focus sash Andrew manages to survive and barely take the badge on one hp. With his hands shaking from the almost death of Andrew, Shinkai held the water badge in his palm, his determined face reflecting on the cold metal.

Last edited:
Woah, that is big fricking news. I wonder how that will shape up competitive?
Anyway, Andrew swept Titan Orthworm! Nuzlocke is going pretty good...
Not sure. People are guessing it will be like Legend Plate Arceus and make Tera Blast always super effective or it will give Tera Blast typeless damage, which alreadys exists with Struggle.

Shinkai's Paldean Prize - Update 9

Took a break from Nuzlocking, and just beat the hardest fight in the whole run so far. Atticus's Skuntank and Muk are easy prey to Teletubbie the Oinkologne's Yawn+Dig combo, but his two Revavrooms his HARD. Atticus's team sometimes uses ground and fire moves, so I couldn't use any steel types for the poison immunity. The first one was eventually taken out by dual efforts from Oinkologne and Naclstack, but the Starmobile almost caused three deaths. Thank Arceus for Max Potions, but the Starmobile not being affected by Oinkologne's yawn caused him to barely survive after being hit with its Noxious Torque. Cyclizar finished the last quarter of it's HP with a few neutral-effective Fire Fangs while the rest of his team is on the brink of collapse, and I respect the hell out of him for it.
It was a wild and frightening ride. I bet in-game Shinkai might have trauma from what he's been through. Rarely the true feeling of loss, but the shock and overwhelming anxiety of the near-death of his companions.

Last edited:
Shinkai's Paldean Prize: Update 10

The Medali gym has been defeated, and if you know anything about my team, you can tell what that brings!
While leveling up before the gym, this happened!
2023081316240000-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Flower Trick will be great for this playthrough. Also, during the gym battle, Pawmo, who's now a Pawmot, (also hooray! didn't get a screenie though...) almost died AGAIN, but survived due to his Focus Sash that I'd given him due to how many times this has happened.
After the gym battle, I easily defeated Nemona with Meowscarada, Pawmot, and Cyclizar. At the end of the battle, this happened!
2023081317211300-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Here's my team, too.
2023081317273200-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg

Very exciting. Looking at his team, a smile has been brought to in-game Shinkai's face for the first time in a long while. The difficulty curve only starts from here, though.

Last edited:
Shinkai's Paldean Prize: Update 11

Been a bit since an update on the Nuzlocke, but I've now got three more badges! I've defeated the Montenevera gym, beaten mainly by Affogato the Meowscarada and Bikegirl the Cyclizar (formerly Bikeboy, didn't realize she was a she at first), the Quaking Earth titan, also beaten by Affogato, and the Alfornada gym, also beaten by Affogato, but also a bit was done by Teletubbie the Oinkologne. The full team is all around level 48. I even did some shopping for clothes in Cascaraffa yesterday :>

Last edited:
Dont spoil the tea fun! 🤫
I’m not. As far as I know, the box isn’t going to be opened until the 22nd. Everyone over at Serebii think that there is something very significant about this date and that whatever is inside the box is related and probably something huge.

I went ahead and bought the DLC since I realized I had Gold Points and I was able to get a discount. So now I'll see what this DLC is like. I haven't played Scarlet and Violet since December 2022.

Am I insane or does making sparkling sandwiches with encounter power suddenly need specific herba mysticas? I’ve always made them with just any 2 before but now when I use anything except salty it seems I get catching power instead of encounter power. :/

A Pokemon Home update has been announced
Source coming from Serebii:

"Pokémon HOME has confirmed that Version 3.1.0 is to release on September 13th 2023, alongside The Teal Mask DLC for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. With this update, there will be a fix for an unitended behaviour where, if you take a Pokémon from one game and put it in another, and use an item to change its Ability, its Ability change won't be reflected when returned to the other games so if you send a Pikachu with Static from Scarlet & Violet into Sword & Shield and use an Ability Patch on it, it will display as Lightning Rod in Sword & Shield but still Static after returning to Scarlet & Violet.

After the Version 3.1.0 update, this will now carry over between games meaning if you change it to Lightning Rod, it will remain Lightning Rod across all games. If you've already made changes, put them into the game you changed the ability before the update and then put it back into HOME after the update."

This was honestly needed. Don't know why they're waiting til Teal Mask release to do this. If I want to use an Ability Patch on a mon it should remain as that ability. Obtaining an Ability Patch can be difficult and I feel for players who lost their HAs on mons because of this.

About the news that's coming on the 22nd, I'd advise keeping your hopes low. Sure, they could surprise us like Nintendo did during the June direct, but we've seen what Scar/Vio are atm.

(also unrelated, but I recently imagined Ace Attorney but with Pokemon and I cannot get it out of my head lol)

Back