Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

About the news that's coming on the 22nd, I'd advise keeping your hopes low.
Do you mean this news?
20230821_112231.jpg

I know Pokemon reveals should be kept with low expectations nowadays considering the...direction that they go in with designs.

Let's just wait until then 🍵

God dang I love how everyone sorta kinda knew about the hints for the new rfake weeks before Pokemon teased it, with Riddler Khu mainly giving hints over the last month towards a Macha Sinistea rfake.

If you didn't see the new Present be sure to get your Mew!

You can get your Mew in S/V by entering the code: GETY0URMEW

The Mew will be given a random Tera type and a STAB move for its Tera type. You can change it at the eatery if you don't like it. The code will be active until the Teal Mask is released next month.
Almost forgot about this! How do you redeem this and is it something that you can redeem in your save files of both Scarlet and Violet?

God dang I love how everyone sorta kinda knew about the hints for the new rfake weeks before Pokemon teased it, with Riddler Khu mainly giving hints over the last month towards a Macha Sinistea rfake.
Hate him or love him, Khu is always right

Almost forgot about this! How do you redeem this and is it something that you can redeem in your save files of both Scarlet and Violet?
Bring up the menu and select Poké Portal. Connect to the Internet. One of the options on the side of the Poké Portal is Mystery Gift. Click on that and then it will bring up more options to choose from. Click Get with Code/Password. Enter the code.

Yes, you can get one in Scarlet and one in Violet.

A new mon was revealed today 🍵

Meet Poltchageist, a Grass/Ghost mon similiar to Polteageist. You will be able to find it in the Teal Mask DLC when you go to Kitakami.

poltchageist.jpg

I'll add more when the website is updated. Anyone liking the Galar pandering?

Update:

Poltchageist is similar to both Sinistea and Polteageist but is a different mon. A Wugtrio/Toedscruel situation basically or as Khu says an RFake (regional fake)

Poltchageist has a new ability: Hospitality

20230822_101141.jpg

Update:

Poltchageist is similar to both Sinistea and Polteageist but is a different mon. A Wugtrio/Toedscruel situation basically or as Khu says an RFake (regional fake)

Poltchageist has a new ability: Hospitality

View attachment 509854
Healing them up just to slowly drain their life force later lol a twist on "kill them with kindness" lol 🍵☠️

A new mon was revealed today 🍵

Meet Poltchageist, a Grass/Ghost mon similiar to Polteageist. You will be able to find it in the Teal Mask DLC when you go to Kitakami.

View attachment 509835

I'll add more when the website is updated. Anyone liking the Galar pandering?
I like them overall, but there's something about the texture on it that feels a bit off. If you'd shown this to me without context, I would have assumed it's a fakemon based on how uneven the eye lines are, and how soft/blurred the other patterns on the model are.

I like the ability though. Could be a good mon to have with you when faced with double battles, and I imagine baton passing into it when your other team member is low on health could be a good strategy (I assume, I'm too lazy to get into competitive battling).

I like them overall, but there's something about the texture on it that feels a bit off. If you'd shown this to me without context, I would have assumed it's a fakemon based on how uneven the eye lines are, and how soft/blurred the other patterns on the model are.

I like the ability though. Could be a good mon to have with you when faced with double battles, and I imagine baton passing into it when your other team member is low on health could be a good strategy (I assume, I'm too lazy to get into competitive battling).
I also like the ability as it fits the inspiration for the Pokémon and how Japanese households often serve tea whenever they have guests. I remember when I was little, my sister had a piano teacher who was Japanese and my grandma grew up in Japanese occupied Taiwan and could speak the language and before my sister’s piano lesson, grandma would serve tea to the teacher and chatted with her in Japanese.

Hate him or love him, Khu is always right
Antics again. Would be surprised if she's a Ground type trainer but those hairpins could point to her as a Clay relative...I'd love a Chimecho evo though...

F4LPE-sa8AArYh2.jpeg

Shinkai's Paldean Prize - Update 12
Been a while since I've shared a Nuzlocke update, but we've finally leveled up enough to defeat the Glaceado gym.

The first three Pokemon were taken down by Jumpman and Andrew, but then... (cue that emotional piano music)... Andrew's dig didn't kill the Cetitan all the way, and Andrew died to his Cetitan's Ice Spinner. Jumpman took out the rest. This is truly the first major death of the run. Andrew had been our sweeper for multiple gyms so far, his helpfulness undoubtable. I guess the difficulty curve was just too much.
I had a Lv 40 Frigibax named Gubs in the box, so I leveled him up, evolved him into Arctibax, and continued on. It only gets worse from here. May Andrew forever be missed. He was my plan for the Steel and Flying elite four members, but I guess some else will take the role.

And people complained about Fire/Fighting...

View attachment 510345
As someone whose favorite type is Grass and who also likes the Ghost type and spooky things in general, I see no problem with this. 😜

The Fire/Fighting was more egregious because they were the regional starters and for three regions back-to-back no less. Makes me wonder whether people would still be annoyed, even if just to a lesser degree, if they were spread out more instead of one right after the other.

As someone whose favorite type is Grass and who also likes the Ghost type and spooky things in general, I see no problem with this. 😜

The Fire/Fighting was more egregious because they were the regional starters and for three regions back-to-back no less. Makes me wonder whether people would still be annoyed, even if just to a lesser degree, if they were spread out more instead of one right after the other.
Oh I love Ghost types too! I'm not knocking the combo at all. Grass/Ghost is probably one of the more interesting type combos for a Grass type. You can see how varied they can be.

As for Fire/Fighting...I think the combo got a bad rep because it was only for starters. Also...Emboar was bad compared to Blaziken and Infernape and its design was what no one was expecting (Btw I think it has a great shiny). If Emboar was good in competitive and/or in design it would've been different. No ones complaining Fire/Ghost getting a repeat because Skeledirge is good with Unaware and looks cool and different from the anthropomorphic Fire starters of the past gens.

i gotta confess, for the price... it's not wow-ing me or enticing me to buy. sword/shield dlc was already pushing it with the price, and this one is a fiver more but somehow doesn't look as... good? maybe that's just because scar/vio wasn't my type of game. i've been playing on a new save while i'm vacationing and the open world is still a bit too open for me. (preferred PLA, where it was still open-world but staggered.) and i really wish it was level-scaled, which i can only assume the dlc also won't be, because it just results in me one-shotting everyone. i also had to laugh a little during the presents when they showed a sweeping shot of some mountains and it was like... super ugly when they were clearly framing it as the opposite.

the new pokemon aren't super exciting to me either. the only one i remotely like is ogerpon. it would be nice, getting ninetales and mightyena back, but like... they're not worth £31.50. (and i don't think rapidash is set to return, so... definitely not worth it.)

idk... i'm going to wait until they release and look into them more, what the maps are like and how long the content lasts before i decide, because based on what i've seen so far, i can't justify the cost, esp. when base game is still buggy. it's just a little disappointing to see this level of quality from the largest and richest media franchise in the world lol, especially when you start comparing it to games like genshin impact which are free to play and much prettier even on the lowest settings. (yes, they are different genres, yes they aren't in the same style, but that's still no excuse for the poor graphics pokemon pushes out when they make as much money as they do. scarvio was a step in the right direction, but it suffers from being rushed and seemingly low effort.)

Well, Scarlet and Violet didn't convince me with their trailers, but then playing it, I had some fun. I loved the characters. It's one of the few times when they actually seem to have a personality lol. Anyway, I found Sword and Shield to be better games, especially raids. The story is quite interesting. I think the story will pretty much continue with the DLC, which is something I hope, because it means that GF is making a slightly more complicated story. I'd love that. On the other hand, I'm not happy at all that it might be needed to pay to play the entire story. However, there's also to consider that it's basically what we've been doing when purchasing a third title...

Khu is back and with a new riddle. This time with a guessing game

"Guess his type: 🔨🐉⚡👿"
Compress_20230829_084621_1760.jpg

I initially thought Dragon but this is the Terastal gen and they might throw a curve with all the BB Elite 4 so...maybe Dark. It is mentioned that he is a trouble student, repeating years. He is also wearing a jacket with Maschiff and his hair is in the shape of a Zorua's. Even if he is a relative of Drayden, it doesn't guarantee that he uses Dragon types.

I think maybe. My opinion is that Simisear might have been better received it it was released in Gen VI or later given it literally debuted in the very next Gen after Infernape with the main problem being they’re both fire monkeys with very similar body shapes and sizes and both have Blaze as their main Abilities.

A new wave of icons and borders are available for NSO. These include Terapagos and Ogerpon and repeat of previously released ones such as the Charcadet evos and Gimmighoul.
Pokemon-Scarlet-Violet-icons-wave-5-Aug.jpg

Back