• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

R. Parkers vs Re-Tail Name

Which name do you prefer?

• R. Parkers

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Re-Tail

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • I like both equally

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don't like either of them

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Timon1771

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm quite interested to hear what people think between "R. Parkers" and "Re-Tail". Is there one name you prefer over the other, or do you like both equally?

R. Parkers sounds better. It's the kind of 'local family' name that you would expect to see in a small village/town.

I like Re-Tail, personally. It's cuter to me :) Retail store, "redone" products. Cute!

I like them both equally. R Parkers is catchy and cute, but the joke would go over most people's heads in Western Countries. (Who's Parker?). Re-tail was great replacement for it.

I liked the joke in R. Parkers better, but I understand it wouldn't have translated into English too well.

I wish they had been able to come up with a more 'punny' name though. Re-Tail is not horrible, but it didn't make me laugh the way "Nook's Cranny" did or "R. Parkers"

I'm fine with either but IMO Re-Tail fits more. I just wish they would've kept the old names for Nook's store.

I'm fine with either but IMO Re-Tail fits more. I just wish they would've kept the old names for Nook's store.

One way to look at it, it's a fresh start, or a new leaf to turn over, so why not?
But I see your point anyway, it does take some of that nostalgic charm away.

Re-tail sounds cuter to me. And it makes more sense, too. With a name like R.Parkers it's hard to see what they sell in their store just be looking on the outside unlike with Re-tail where you almost know right away. At least that's how I see it...

I kinda like R-Parker a little more because it sounds like you are trying to say Alpacca :p and its country store ish.. But Im not reeealy all that fussed what its called!

I like them both for different reasons.

In Japanese, R.Parkers is a cute play on the way they would say "Alpaca". While knowing the origins still allows the cute play on words to be obvious to those who speak English, more casual gamers or those who just don't care about name origins would probably just assume the name stands for "Reese Parker's" shop.

Re-Tail just sounds adorable because I picture little fluffy tails every time I look at it.

Back