• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

R. Parkers vs Re-Tail Name

Which name do you prefer?

• R. Parkers

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Re-Tail

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • I like both equally

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I don't like either of them

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
After being accustomed to R.Parkers, it took a while to get used to Re-tail. I like both just as much for their silly word play.

I think the Re-Tail pun is just so fitting to the light humor that the AC series has and R. Parkers makes no sense in an English-speaking game, so I voted for Re-Tail.

R.Parkers was a play on words for the shop's owners and Re-Tail is a play on words for the shop's function and I guess vaguely includes the owners as well. Re-Tail is better.

I like Re-Tail, it fits the theme of redoing furniture better. Though I DO get the R. Parker's joke! :D

Click the spoiler for the joke!
In Japan, R and L sound the same, so if you said R like L in 'R. Parkers', it sounds kind of like "L Packas", and Reese and Cyrus are Alpacas. :D

^
It's not that they sound the same, but rather the Japanese language doesn't have a distinct sound for "L" [in their alphabet] so it is replaced with an "R" sound. The Japanese used 'R.Parkers' to poke fun at their accent when pronouncing "Alpacas". This is why it wouldn't have worked if NoA stuck with the same name. :p

Same goes for Korea, they use ㄹ(rieul) to replace "L/R" and ㅍ(pieut) to replace "P/F" sounds depending on the consonant or vowel that follows after.

Languages are fun. :)

I think the Re-Tail pun is just so fitting to the light humor that the AC series has and R. Parkers makes no sense in an English-speaking game, so I voted for Re-Tail.
Completely agree. Both teams did great in creating a suitable name for the Alpaca duo.
I like both, but Re-Tail gets my vote sine I'll be playing the NA version.

Both names took me a while to warm up to, but I currently like the sound of "R. Parkers" since it sounds more like a company name.
However, I'm starting to like Re-Tail too. :blush: Both names work well!

Back