• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Release Week: How will you spend it?

I feel like everyone on this forum is waiting for school to be out to finally enjoy New Leaf. And that's awesome. I'll be home from college around May 5th...1 month of waiting!

I have a counter on my work pc counting down the days, everyone at work knows why :)
I will be taking the day off, June 14th, can;t wait!

Well, I am considering taking the day off from work the following day, but basically sned the time before I leave for work then once I finish dinner until 10:30 when I would go to bed.

Forget sleep.

Oh of course! :D The good thing is that it's after school ends for me, so at least I don't have to worry about that. I'm just hoping they don't give me a really long shift on that day because I need the money.

I might get the game in California maybe pretends on what day I leave for my cousin mission fair well. Yes I'm Mormon.

I'll have a few days to fully enjoy the game before I go off to a five day academic camp. Not sure if I'll have time to play it while I'm there or not. I might end up resetting my town if I miss all five days of playing.

I work Sundays, so I'll be taking that day off. Then I'm going to wake up early and head straight to Walmart and pick it up. Then, I'll end up playing all day. :D

I'm so insanely excited, I can't even contain it.

How will I be spending release week? Doing 3 science exams and an English exam. -_-

Buuut, my last exam (that I know of) is on June 13th, so a day before the release date!! :D

I'm going to be "Sick" once I get it and take days off from school XD (but not really! Also I ordered it off of amazon so it won't come until about June 11th probably :()

Actually amazon does a street date guarantee still I believe, so you should have it on the 9th :D

I graduate from high school on June 6th, then some of my friends are having grad parties the few days after, and then... Animal Crossing!! The release day is perfect for me :D I feel like the night before will feel like Christmas, not being able to sleep because of being so excited for the next day. I was thinking of going at midnight, but honestly I'd rather have a good night's sleep before so that I can actually play all day the next day without getting exhausted.
I'm going to start an ACNL blog/diary so I'll spend the release week playing/blogging simultaneously :) I'm hoping the blogging (I've never run a blog before) will make my game experience even more awesome!

I will be working from as soon as I get out of school till I get a good $470 for my Wii U. Whenever I have free time and have a day off (Speaking of which, I find it stupid for those of you who are going to be playing New Leaf at work, have fun being unemployed! :lemon:...) As soon as June 9th comes, I'll probably spend a good 2-3 days on New Leaf though! :cool:

Playing the game, seeing the NA reaction to the English version, sitting down with a catalogue of items and a notebook and going for it on the 14TH!!!

I'm so glad school will be ending in June, and then I'll have so much more time during the summer to play. :D

(Speaking of which, I find it stupid for those of you who are going to be playing New Leaf at work, have fun being unemployed! :lemon:...)

Some people have the luxury of being able to relax and read a book (or play on their 3DS) when things are going slow at work. I am sure they won't be playing it when they're not supposed to, and even so, it's not nice to judge.

Right.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to lose their job over playing a game. When I was working I brought my 3DS to work every day and played it when things were going slow and on my breaks.
People don't just get rid of their workers for something as little as that.

I will be working from as soon as I get out of school till I get a good $470 for my Wii U. Whenever I have free time and have a day off (Speaking of which, I find it stupid for those of you who are going to be playing New Leaf at work, have fun being unemployed! :lemon:...) As soon as June 9th comes, I'll probably spend a good 2-3 days on New Leaf though! :cool:

My job allows me to pretty much do whatever when my work is done. I still have an Xbox here to play sky rim when things are slow and my boss bought a big flatscreen for our enjoyment. Perhaps one day you will have a good job that allows such fun, until then you should think before you type :D

(Speaking of which, I find it stupid for those of you who are going to be playing New Leaf at work, have fun being unemployed! :lemon:...) :

wow! my boss is happy for me to find ways to pass the time when i have all my work done and there are no customers needing serving. Try not to be so judgemental

Landscaping my town, placing out my character's tents before some villager comes in and ruins everything.

Exactly.

I'm so glad school will be ending in June, and then I'll have so much more time during the summer to play. :D

I have the whole release week off. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually amazon does a street date guarantee still I believe, so you should have it on the 9th :D

I, too have it pre-ordered from Amazon. I'm wondering if we will have it on the 8th...I believe that the 9th is on a sunday and mail isn't usually delivered then. But, yes, generally Amazon is pretty good at getting pre-orders out to people the day it's delivered.

I'm debating taking the following day off of work so I can have a full day of playing. Other than that, I'll probably play before I have to go in, and *maybe* on my break. Possibly at work if we happen to be slow enough that week. I can't wait until that weekend tho when I'll have all the time I want to play and possibly some friends to play with.

Back