• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is a much larger game than I'm generally comfortable with, so I'm going to sort out my reads while I'm writing.

The last game I played, I played with Heyden, Damniel, Glow, and Antonio on this game.

I would say that both Heyden and Damniel are playing fairly similarly to how they did last game, which brings me to my problem.

Damniel was mafia last game.

Super obvious mafia too. They pushed on a lot of points that made little sense and ended up forcing a lynch onto someone that I thought was obvious town.

But it was only obvious after the flip happened.

A problem I have right now is that I feel as if I lot of pushes by Damniel could be genuine but don't seem very... valid?

Like I'm not entirely sure what question I'm avoiding. Nor do I care enough to reread, yet you mention it 4-5 times as if it's some sort of important thing that people need to comment about. It's pretty common scum thing.

Anyways, the only reason I'm explaining this read is because.

If Damniel is mafia that means that Trundle is town.

I will admit that althought I snapread Trundle as town, his posts are kinda forgettable. I feel like such an early push on him generally means he's town though, so I'd much rather flip onto someone else.

quick question if damniel is town then is trundle maf

and if trundle flips first does it also apply

Anyways, the next thing I want to say is that if we're playing a 20 person setup, we can generally assume that ~1/4 of the town is mafia. I'm... gonna be honest. 20 is way too high. If there's 5 mafia that means town has 7 lynches + 1 for every mafia they lynch. So that means that either town has a lot of unique roles or that the mafia is ridiculously weak.

So I've said this before, but I'm a PR with a relatively weak role, so right now I'm leaning towards the latter. Basically, the only issue I have is that if there ISN'T some sort of investigative role the game gets shot into the water by doing what I'm doing, but it's not really an issue.

The mafia has to be afraid of an investigative role, so they don't really have a chance to kill me.

Basically the reason why I'm saying all of this is that I don't believe the mafia has two kills. It's POSSIBLE that there's some sort of town vig/dayvig, but honestly we don't really need it.

We should NL today.

i’ve been pretty lax, i’ve stated a few comments about trundle but it’s never been grilling. you & antonio have grilled him tho. i don’t think my jacob vote is too out of the blue at all. i think his reads and his shady attempts at grasping for staws bc of RQS is pretty scummy and ive stared that.

i don’t think i grilled anyone? wdym

you pressed trundle a lot with me and antonio earlier

also

@N e s s Is No lynch an option

i don't support a no lynch but idk if its even possible
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, the next thing I want to say is that if we're playing a 20 person setup, we can generally assume that ~1/4 of the town is mafia. I'm... gonna be honest. 20 is way too high. If there's 5 mafia that means town has 7 lynches + 1 for every mafia they lynch. So that means that either town has a lot of unique roles or that the mafia is ridiculously weak.

So I've said this before, but I'm a PR with a relatively weak role, so right now I'm leaning towards the latter. Basically, the only issue I have is that if there ISN'T some sort of investigative role the game gets shot into the water by doing what I'm doing, but it's not really an issue.

The mafia has to be afraid of an investigative role, so they don't really have a chance to kill me.

Basically the reason why I'm saying all of this is that I don't believe the mafia has two kills. It's POSSIBLE that there's some sort of town vig/dayvig, but honestly we don't really need it.

We should NL today.
what was your role again i remember you claimed but didn't realize you were being serious

i’ve been pretty lax, i’ve stated a few comments about trundle but it’s never been grilling. you & antonio have grilled him tho. i don’t think my jacob vote is too out of the blue at all. i think his reads and his shady attempts at grasping for staws bc of RQS is pretty scummy and ive stared that.
fair enough

you pressed trundle a lot with me and antonio earlier

yeah but even when i did press a little i said my gut thinks he’s town. that’s never wavered. i don’t think i hard flipped like you seem to think i have.

quick question if damniel is town then is trundle maf

and if trundle flips first does it also apply

Ok I was actually going to talk about this, the reason why I was willing to jump to the conclusion that IF damniel was mafia, that means Trundle is town is because the way Damniel played was by generally blitzing a player that they thought was scummy. Interestingly enough, if Trundle were to flip mafia, I don't think I'd read Damniel a particular way.

But I actually think it's more interesting to assume the case where Trundle is town.

Because in that situation, I think it's actually safe to say that there's ALWAYS some sort of mafia in the lynch. Either one who hopped on because they saw Damniel lynching an easy town, or it could just be Damniel.

So let's take another step back, is it easier to assume that Trundle is mafia, or is it easier to assume that one of the four people who had voted Trundle at some point was mafia.

I will admit I stopped reading because it's kinda painful with 20 people. But I still think that this circumstance makes more sense than not.

Vote mechanics mean so much more than words :))))

honestly i think ppl are still gonna vote trundle anyway bc he’s been hard grilled all of these two days. you vs him reminded me a lot of me v toad in other games. lmao

Vote Count - 1:4

Trundle [5]: Damniel, Antonio, DinoTown, Locket, Emolga59
Jacob [3]: Trundle, f11, tae
Heyden [1]: Geoni
amazonevan19 [0]: Jacob
Not Voting [11]: Oath2Order, PunchyDaHufflepuff, amazonevan19, PandaDarling, Sheabae, glow, Shawo, Mogyay, Heyden, Harbour, Jacob

Currently at [5] votes, Trundle is currently set to be lynched.

You have roughly 2.5 hours left to lynch someone, day ends at 8:00 PM CST. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day is Lynched. Majority to immediately lynch is 11. Please remember that voting is mandatory.

If we went with a NL it wouldn't be that effective imo. Depending on who gets killed tonight, a NL would give us less information.

NL is a waste of a day and we will only go through with that if there is no candidate 30 minutes before EoD

i'm not gonna pretend to know the mechanics and set ups of games but we could be in the exact same position tomorrow if we NL

I was going to get annoyed but this probably isn't common knowledge.

I'm going to use a smaller game as an example, but if there's 10 people and 3 mafia. (Barring any vig roles)

1 lynch, 1 kill. 8 people 3 mafia.
In this situation, if you lynch wrong you're dead, and you also have an extra person to read.

However, if you don't lynch on the first day.

9 people 3 mafia.
1 lynch 1 kill. 7 people 3 mafia.

This is the perfect number to be at. Because you still lose if you lynch wrong, but now you have one less person to read.
That's how the logic goes at least.

I'm also not comfortable lynching someone who's probably town for no reason besides "we need to lynch someone."

I can empathize why you're voting for me but I'm just curious if you would consider me to be the only player grasping at post that have even small red flags to them?

I'm thinking, like (if you're even town) you just called out Trundle for his wording on The Town. Clearly its grasping but didn't it still ping you as a red flag? because you still brought it up. Are you considering voting anyone else who has brought even less evidence to the table than I did ? I tried forming original thoughts, grasping or not I still feel like for day one they're valid/not even that pathetic. I dont want to play woe is me but I just feel like an easy target because I really did lay out a lot of thoughts on singular posts, so i think there should be more of a thought out valid reason to vote me idkk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back