• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm extremely apologetic for this whole wall post, but it seems like 99.8% of the discussion happens when i'm asleep. ;(

is this meant to be a gut read, because there's nothing about emolga's rqs that really has anything ai.

it seems to me that you've contradicted yourself here?
most of the reads i'm seeing right now are meta-based but i don't trust the accuracy within them, as some players have mentioned that they haven't even played in a while. i'm starting to deduce that this a popular way of reading people in these forums?
punchy, you seem to be focused on players that you're familiar with (especially mog), but i'd like to know your thoughts on others too.

everybody's meta and playstyle is not the same. shawo may be playing similarly to you when you started, but they may be taking a different approach, as they could possibly be any role that we're not aware of at the moment.

not necessarily, they're still yet to answer the rqs so i wouldn't have known, but i'm not going to jump on that yet.

the words 'townlock' and 'day one' don't go together well, unless there was a slip (in which there isn't so far). punchy's playstyle may be like this, but i'd love for his thoughts on people besides mog and shawo.

it wasn't actually a joke post, as f11 explained. it was said to be an actual read because they were sus of how jacob called an interaction 'town vs town', leading people to think that he is town because of the read he gave himself.

enjoy it while it lasts.

yes, i was and still sort of am still uncertain as i'm adapting to the different play-style and people here.

i 100% don't believe that punchy has a post filter that pertains to his role. yes, he does type in distinct lines but other than that, the pattern is inconsistent and i wouldn't see why he wouldn't be able to tell us if he a had a post filter? highly doubt that this game is experimental.

my random thoughts as i was reading the thread:
- dino is a learning player so i have no read for her now. however, i feel like a player influenced by mafia teammates would probably want to act more intellectual instead of faking the newbie act.
- i agree with mog when she states that there is no connection between her and trundle. if one flips a specific role, i can't really see that being linked to the other person. it was just a reaction test, not anything that could potentially connect their roles in my opinion.
- i'm null on trundle; part of me thinks he's town because his overthinking seems kind of normal. he's been called out for it and he keeps on doing it, making me think that it's just something he naturally does? i would believe that a mafia would stop doing what they're sussed for so they could get higher up others' reads list. another part of me is just confused by his behaviour and wording (the article stuff is really perplexing to me), i can't really say any more than that.
- sheabae has been learning which i understand, and the only substantial post they've made is their rqs, which have been dry. would like to hear more from them too.
- i need to hear more from shawo too. i sus them the most so far.
the tone of this post feels REALLY passive-agressive

don't know if this is ai or if this continues

I was going to get annoyed but this probably isn't common knowledge.

I'm going to use a smaller game as an example, but if there's 10 people and 3 mafia. (Barring any vig roles)

1 lynch, 1 kill. 8 people 3 mafia.
In this situation, if you lynch wrong you're dead, and you also have an extra person to read.

However, if you don't lynch on the first day.

9 people 3 mafia.
1 lynch 1 kill. 7 people 3 mafia.

This is the perfect number to be at. Because you still lose if you lynch wrong, but now you have one less person to read.
That's how the logic goes at least.

I'm also not comfortable lynching someone who's probably town for no reason besides "we need to lynch someone."

i mean there's been reasons given by numerous people on lynch candidates, it's not just pulled out their ass (well for the most part i think lol..)

I was going to get annoyed but this probably isn't common knowledge.

I'm going to use a smaller game as an example, but if there's 10 people and 3 mafia. (Barring any vig roles)

1 lynch, 1 kill. 8 people 3 mafia.
In this situation, if you lynch wrong you're dead, and you also have an extra person to read.

However, if you don't lynch on the first day.

9 people 3 mafia.
1 lynch 1 kill. 7 people 3 mafia.

This is the perfect number to be at. Because you still lose if you lynch wrong, but now you have one less person to read.
That's how the logic goes at least.

I'm also not comfortable lynching someone who's probably town for no reason besides "we need to lynch someone."
This is a larger game than that, though. Going through with a lynch gives us more information. We have no idea what the mafia's KP is, and lynching will give us insight based on how everyone interacted.

So to clarify one more thing. A lot of actions take place at night. You guys will probably keep telling me "You're wasting a lynch" (Which isn't true.)

Even a pseudo-investigative role will be 10x more useful in this situation. Right now we're lynching someone with 20 people who haven't even interacted enough, and expect anything besides a town lynch d1. Not to mention the chance to fish out a potential PR.

EVEN if we assume the worst case, that the mafia has really strong night actions, we still have so much to gain from even a potential death flip at night.

Think over what I said. I'll try to tone it back since ya'll don't really seem like mechanical players.

lmfao why did tae just switch to jacob that doesn’t make sense why they just called jacob our for doing that

tbh my only other real vote i’d go for is geoni. he talked big but i also feel like there wasn’t a lot of real substance to it.

pandas absence makes me anxious.
same with glows silence. they’re both usually big players but where they at?

Interestingly enough, we already have interactions from the lynch, and at the same time, it's going to be really ingenuine to read someone based on their d1 lynch. I'm sure most players haven't participated enough for you to tell me that if they vote someone it means something.

On the flip side, the valid point that you don't know the mafia KP exists (assuming that's kill power.)

But I actually said earlier, we either have to assume that mafia is incredibly weak, or that town is really strong.

Especially since I've seen my role, I think it's easier to assume that the mafia is really weak.

I'll put it another way. I think lynching town here is ACTIVELY detrimental to winning. Only in the case where you're 100% sure your lynch is mafia. (Which you shouldn't be.) Is there any reason you should vote anyone here. And due to the fact that a fairly decent majority is on trundle, the alternative will be a flip by a lot of people who probably don't even have a strong read on the person.

Even though I think Damniel is playing very similarly to his mafia game, I still wouldn't go ahead and lynch him today because I think that's BAD.

I mean, I don't understand why people think Jacob is worst then trundle...

Did you guys not just forget what trundle did?

lmfao why did tae just switch to jacob that doesn’t make sense why they just called jacob our for doing that

bc my gut says trundle is green & my only other vote thoughts aren’t structured either but i don’t wanna not lynch & i gotta vote before EOD so what do you want from me?

shawo's talking a lot jesus

they're wrong but idk if it isn't towny

also i'm reading up and daniel feels like he's ready to jump onto any lynch canidate

doesn't sit right with me

dad also might be pocketing me tbh

My pr role is actually cop and we're lynching hayden for calling me mafia, that's my cop report.
So I've said this before, but I'm a PR with a relatively weak role, so right now I'm leaning towards the latter. Basically, the only issue I have is that if there ISN'T some sort of investigative role the game gets shot into the water by doing what I'm doing, but it's not really an issue.

Shawo claims they are PR but it apparently isn't cop like they said before

why are you claiming so early and we should we believe you give you fake PR claimed last game?

Interestingly enough, we already have interactions from the lynch, and at the same time, it's going to be really ingenuine to read someone based on their d1 lynch. I'm sure most players haven't participated enough for you to tell me that if they vote someone it means something.

On the flip side, the valid point that you don't know the mafia KP exists (assuming that's kill power.)

But I actually said earlier, we either have to assume that mafia is incredibly weak, or that town is really strong.

Especially since I've seen my role, I think it's easier to assume that the mafia is really weak.

I'll put it another way. I think lynching town here is ACTIVELY detrimental to winning. Only in the case where you're 100% sure your lynch is mafia. (Which you shouldn't be.) Is there any reason you should vote anyone here. And due to the fact that a fairly decent majority is on trundle, the alternative will be a flip by a lot of people who probably don't even have a strong read on the person.

Even though I think Damniel is playing very similarly to his mafia game, I still wouldn't go ahead and lynch him today because I think that's BAD.
If the mafia end up going for inactives and taking down the inactives, then we'll be left with almost nothing from what happens overnight.

I don't think we should do a NL, a lynch is our best chance to get information. Extra information may or may not come after night.

I would like more people to interact with me, mostly because I believe I can convince. Anyone. Because I'm right.

I don't think anyones read should be as strong as they make it out to be.

Whoever said "we get interactions from the lynch" is talking about the same idea.

"We need to lynch someone to get interactions so I can read the game."

There's other BETTER ways to get interactions. Especially since you can do it through a NIGHT kill, instead of a lynch.

If the mafia end up going for inactives and taking down the inactives, then we'll be left with almost nothing from what happens overnight.

I don't think we should do a NL, a lynch is our best chance to get information. Extra information may or may not come after night.

Extra information will come from the night. It's actually impossible to assume a 20 player mafia game has no investigative role.

And if an inactive dies we don't lose anything.

You guys realize we're not wasting a lynch right?

If you look at the numbers we still have the same amount. I really, really doubt that mafia has two kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back