• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

After messaging @Midoriya the other day about finding a playlist of the full versions of the MHA Academia openings but it not being overly friendly for sharing I've gone and made my own.

I scoured YouTube for what I believe to be official versions of the full songs by the original bands. Original music videos included as well (though they just have a still image for "The Day"). None of these songs are mine obviously, but below you will find the playlist.

Hopefully this works I've never made a playlist and shared it before haha.

I won't have a chance to watch the latest episode until this weekend, but as soon as I do I'll read everything in your spoiler. I'm already not looking forward to this episode after last week's episode, but I'm going to watch it anyway for...closure? 🤷‍♀️
'closure'
thats funny
anyways yeah be prepared to be disappointed.

Ok I can’t even right now... so my Deku figure came yesterday and well my Ochaco figure came today. Talk about crazy good timing! They look so good together!!!

F0B41433-91BE-4FC1-BB2D-393ED1FC957F.jpeg

Unfortunately it distorts her face (which I was aware this figure has this issue). I don’t mind too much though as I prefer her without the helmet anyways.
75D8AFA3-D467-4D05-82F6-6CCC6E4C4572.jpeg

Last edited:
C5sgoJA.gif

Just watched the season finale of Jujutsu Kaisen (2020)!

It was really awesome to watch Itadori and Kugisaki unleash their abilities and take down the special grade curses Eso and Kechizu. Seems like all of the first-years have grown tremendously already. It’s unfortunate that Fushiguro’s sister is still under a curse’s influence, but it’s to be expected. The small heart to heart between Itadori and Kugisaki was good. I’m really looking forward to what the next season brings. Also, looks like my man Gojou is taking the credit as always. :ROFLMAO:

Review for Jujutsu Kaisen (2020):

Jujutsu Kaisen isn’t your typical shounen anime. Yes, while most of the show is comprised of action and fights as compared to other anime, it also has its comedic moments, its cool moments, its sad moments, and its... weird moments. Everything from the dialogue between the characters to their motivations, the settings, and even the themes are all really well done, and are a bar, if not several bars, above other shounen anime. If you’re interested in the genre, supernatural things, or just want to have a good time, this show is for you. Not to mention the openings and endings are banger AF. Jujutsu Kaisen (2020) exorcises its way in on the anime scale at a hot 10/10 (and would be above that if possible). :cool:

—-

Really looking forward to the season five premiere of MHA tomorrow as well as the volume eight finale of RWBY! :)

Ok I can’t even right now... so my Deku figure came yesterday and well my Ochaco figure came today. Talk about crazy good timing! They look so good together!!!

View attachment 364205
Unfortunately it distorts her face (which I was aware this figure has this issue). I don’t mind too much though as I prefer her with the helmet anyways.View attachment 364206
Distorted Uraraka face is so funny 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I watched the season finale of Jujutsu Kaisen tonight. It was awesome, as expected from this anime. I thought Kugisaki really had a chance to shine in this episode. She was one of my least favorite characters up to this point (because there are just so many other great characters), but she went up quite a bit in my esteem after this fight.

It seems like MHA is already available on Crunchyroll, but I didn't have time to watch it since I decided to finish up Jujutsu Kaisen first. I'll catch up this weekend.

Watched the season five premiere of My Hero Academia!

It was nice seeing the students back in school and still on their way to becoming full-fledged heroes. The emergency drill was interesting. Mirio Togata falling into rivers now is a meme and no one can convince me otherwise. 😂. Also funny that Amajiki just wanted to go home even though he was acting as a villain. It looks like Class 1-A was able to successfully win in the emergency drill. It’s still frustrating that Midoriya can’t unleash his full power without hurting someone too badly (at least, that’s why I’m guessing he restrained himself from hitting Amajiki). The flashback from Endeavor in which Dabi was there was really interesting, and now I’m curious to see if any kind of deal was made since Endeavor was essentially powerless at the time. Hawks being a traitor isn’t really a surprise as I already kind of knew about that. Next episode looks even more interesting. Looking forward to it!

Later today I’ll be watching the volume eight finale of RWBY. Looking forward to that as well. :)

Watched the season five premiere of My Hero Academia!

It was nice seeing the students back in school and still on their way to becoming full-fledged heroes. The emergency drill was interesting. Mirio Togata falling into rivers now is a meme and no one can convince me otherwise. 😂. Also funny that Amajiki just wanted to go home even though he was acting as a villain. It looks like Class 1-A was able to successfully win in the emergency drill. It’s still frustrating that Midoriya can’t unleash his full power without hurting someone too badly (at least, that’s why I’m guessing he restrained himself from hitting Amajiki). The flashback from Endeavor in which Dabi was there was really interesting, and now I’m curious to see if any kind of deal was made since Endeavor was essentially powerless at the time. Hawks being a traitor isn’t really a surprise as I already kind of knew about that. Next episode looks even more interesting. Looking forward to it!

Later today I’ll be watching the volume eight finale of RWBY. Looking forward to that as well. :)
I want to find a video where it's just the opening itself with the animation but I cant find one 😅

I want to find a video where it's just the opening itself with the animation but I cant find one 😅

I know right. Crunchyroll never has the openings and endings on their channels anymore until much later. I was going to comment that I absolutely LOVE the new opening and ending though! It’s more lighthearted and a nice change of pace from last season. :)

Boy do I have some things to say about the series (i think season 3 will never happen and shouldn't happen)/season finale of The Promised Neverland Season 2
I loved season 1 of the promised neverland. I highly recommend it. It was well thought out, cute, and very wholesome while facing dark, sad things. It showed healthy relationships between siblings. It was so good. I was really excited to watch season 2 and when I did, well the first episodes were very underwhelming, and although I haven't read the manga I know most of the spoilers and people said it was straying away from the manga. I was okay with that. The manga ending kind of sucked. It was rushed and didn't feel as smart or well thought out as the beginning of the manga/show. Emma loses her memory, and lets just say that doesn't sit well with me. But anyways, forget the manga, we're talking about the anime here. After episode 5 when Norman came back, I had mixed feelings. I was excited to see my main man here, but I was also confused on why he was being all genocide like. So those episodes happened, and the timeskip was a little confusing, and everything was rushed, but I still thought, 'hey they can turn this around, right?'
Episode 9 was quality content. I loved episode 9. I actually felt with the characters and the music and the mood. I cried when Norman cried, and I really, really, liked that episode. I was so stoked to see something that could potentially be better than the manga and I thought they could end the 'norman betraying everyone again' arc and wrap up season 2 with them preparing a long preparation to save the kids still at the farms. Season 3 could of made this really good. There was hope.

but noooooo.

Episode 9 was a turning point. Everything was good.
Episode 10 decided to push everything leading up to this point off a cliff. It had crazy plot twists with no explanation, and things didn't make sense. Everything was turning out good. That's not what this show is about. Not everyone just gets saved. Its not like there's just no conflict. But that's what ep 10 and 11 did! There just wasn't conflict. I wasn't intrigued. I had to stop myself from constantly checking my phone. Even when there was an interesting plot, like norman possibly dying from the tests, it was quickly resolved that same episode, like what the heck?!?
Same thing happened with Peter Ratri. He could've been an interesting character. Had this been not the SERIES FINALE, I would've been interested in his character arc and his backstory. But 7 minutes into the last episode of the show and I'm so disappointed. He just had what I would call a naruto filler character backstory and died like that. I didn't even care.
So suddenly, Isabella's on their side. She was literally insane in season 1, and I thought she was going to hunt down the kids after what happened at the beginning of season 2. But instead she's grandma, and good, and how? (but i'll get the unanswered questions soon enough, dont worry) And everyone decides to forgive her. After an unhealthy relationship of pretending to give these kids a good life, they decide to love her? THEY WERE RUNNING FROM HER.
I wasn't liking this episode. At all. So suddenly, all random conflict that showed up is suddenly resolved out of nowhere confusingly, and more plot twists happen. Emma mentions this promise she would make and how she's going to stay behind and I'm like, "YES season 3 could turn this around and we could get some quality content! we can learn more about the characters and the demons!" although I was sad to see iconic characters like Gilda and Phil leave. It would be okay. Emma and Norman and Ray can be besties and have good moments again.

BUT NOOOOOOO.

They do a giant time skip with little flashes in between their lives, and though I thought it was cute, it was A TERRIBLE ENDING! WHAT EVEN HAPPENED?
Honestly I'm so unsatisfied. I feel like they really could've had potential and gone somewhere in season 2 but truly they failed at it terribly. It wasn't really a bad ending, but it was not good. I wish I could forget about it. I hate that it has to be over because of the ending.
unanswered questions time also dont mind me raging in the background
1. So what the heck was the whole promise thing that Emma was talking about?
2. Speaking of Emma, did she liberate the farms? What even happened in the timeskip?
3. More deep into the promise thing, why did they bring up this plot on the LAST EPISODE if they were just going to leave it unanswered? Was there a promise made?
4. What happened to Isabella? Did everyone find out that Ray was her child (and why the heck did they ignore that) and did she meet someone and get married?
5. How about Mujika and Sonju? Did they just feed everyone their blood and stuff or are the demons going to starve?
6. So yeah, what about the demons? (period- there's so many questions i could ask but I'm just going to leave it at that)
7. What about Emma and Norman? (i mean i don't want to get too deep into ships here but he did have a crush on her) What up with that?
8. What was with that shot of Emma and Mujika? I perceive it as friendship but what were the producers trying to tell us through that?
9. What was that whole season 1 deal with 'the one' and 'nafiri'? Why are they just throwing that out the window?
10. James Ratiri/William Minerva. What even were his goals? What happened to him (that small flashback explained nothing to be honest)

Psychologically, season 1 was so good.
Season 2 kind of ruined everything.
Obviously there were interesting good parts, but the cons just outweighed the pros.
(obviously this is my opinion so you guys can feel free to argue, and although im mad about the ending i feel its better than the manga ending, and i think after a week or so of being mad i'll be ready to accept that season 2 sucked and i'll move on to binge watching demon slayer 🙃)
The episode just came out so there isn't a lot of news articles and such about it, but I liked this person's point of view on the series and I think you guys should read it: https://butwhythopodcast.com/2021/03/25/review‌-the‌-‌promised‌-‌neverland‌-‌season‌-‌2‌-‌episode‌-‌11/
edit: wow i just realized how much i just wrote, i am so sorry to whoever had to read this.
So I finished up The Promised Neverland today and I just have to say that I agree with literally EVERYTHING you said here. I loved season 1 and I honestly thought this could become one of my favorite anime of all time, but they ruined it with season 2. If the last 2 episodes didn't exist and had become the basis for a fully fleshed out story arc for season 3, I probably would have been okay with that.

And seriously, what was with all of those images at the end? I get that they were supposed to show the character and story progression during the time jump, but it just left me frustrated. What did some of those images even mean?!?

Just watched the volume eight finale of RWBY!

So, basically, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, And Yang all fall into the abyss and die. Jaune basically kills Penny so that Winter can have the winter maiden’s power. Then Jaune doesn’t make it out of the place in time and dies as well. That one guy with the long arms (forgot his name) basically shields Qrow, Harriett, the other girl, and Robyn from an explosive blast and dies. General Ironwood loses. Pretty sure Jacques Schnee died when Atlas fell on top of Mantle, but who cares about him? Cinder and Salem get away and evil wins. Well, um... okay then. 😂 Will there be another volume? If so, I’m looking forward to it!

Review of RWBY (volume eight): Full disclosure, this volume isn’t bad, but it’s a LOT darker than the rest of the series. And it isn’t necessarily well done either. Kind of feels like RWBY has lost its edge as a show. Still, I will say that the fights were pretty good and the settings were nice. RWBY volume eight ranks in at 5/10 on the anime scale. Not heavily in favor of it, but didn’t strongly dislike it either.

Professor Ozpin: “But wait, viewers! That’s not the end of the show! Don’t you want to know how, as Cinder and Salem were getting away, Cthulhu Pikachu appeared, defeated Cinder, and then took on Salem. And don’t worry. Cthulhu Pikachu can’t die either. So the rest of the episodes of this show will feature Cthulhu Pikachu annoying Salem to no end so that she can’t do anything else, and thus, Cthulhu Pikachu saves Remnant from Salem. Oh, the things Cthulhu Pikachu would do just to annoy Salem. My goodness, it’s boring me just reading these off one by one! Can you even call this a proper fairy tale anymore? I’m not sure. Well, the end. Goodnight. At least I didn’t have to die. Booyah!”

Cthulhu Pikachu:

PrIQymK.jpg

—-

Um, well, anyway. Looking forward to the series finale of Attack on Titan tomorrow! :D

Okay, so apparently I jumped to conclusions and Attack on Titan season four (the final season) is going to have a part two much like season three had two parts. Part two is set to release sometime in winter 2022. Just really hoping that means January or February 2022 and not December, LOL. Please don’t make us wait. ;_;

Anyway, the final episode for part one is out now and I plan on watching it soon. :D

Okay, so apparently I jumped to conclusions and Attack on Titan season four (the final season) is going to have a part two much like season three had two parts. Part two is set to release sometime in winter 2022. Just really hoping that means January or February 2022 and not December, LOL. Please don’t make us wait. ;_;

Anyway, the final episode for part one is out now and I plan on watching it soon. :D
I jumped to the same conclusion but while watching the episode that I thought would be the finale today, I realized there was no way they were wrapping everything up yet. To be fair, when I looked it up it seems they didn't announce that there would be a part two until right after the final episode of part 1 aired in Japan, so we couldn't have known.

Now the waiting begins...

At least we have My Hero Academia and other shows to get us through until then. :)

I jumped to the same conclusion but while watching the episode that I thought would be the finale today, I realized there was no way they were wrapping everything up yet. To be fair, when I looked it up it seems they didn't announce that there would be a part two until right after the final episode of part 1 aired in Japan, so we couldn't have known.

Now the waiting begins...

At least we have My Hero Academia and other shows to get us through until then. :)

Yeah, apparently it was set to be an Attack on Titan movie, but was changed to a part two at the last moment. I’m really glad they did though as it’ll give the series more screen time than it would have received from just a movie. That, and ngl, but an Attack on Titan movie sounds kind of weird to be honest. 🤨

Yeah, apparently it was set to be an Attack on Titan movie, but was changed to a part two at the last moment. I’m really glad they did though as it’ll give the series more screen time than it would have received from just a movie. That, and ngl, but an Attack on Titan movie sounds kind of weird to be honest. 🤨
Well, I have watched the live-action Attack on Titan movies and they definitely didn't do the story justice, but then again live-action rarely does. I'm glad they switched it from a movie to more episodes, too. I don't want the ending to be a disappointment after all this time.

I don't watch a lot of Anime but one I got super into was The Promised Neverland. Season 1 was so amazing and I was excited for Season 2 until it got absolutely destroyed T~T
I haven't read the Manga but I spoiled a lot of it like the characters that were coming in Goldy Pond and other major things so I was looking forward to it after Season 1 and 2 years it ended up being horrible. I'm so sad that it got destroyed because I have never really gotten into an anime as much. But now I'll just read the Manga for sure even though I don't really read Manga, I just love this one and am willing to read it. I didn't finish the anime but know parts of how it ended and it was a good thing I stopped lmao o~O

So I finished up The Promised Neverland today and I just have to say that I agree with literally EVERYTHING you said here. I loved season 1 and I honestly thought this could become one of my favorite anime of all time, but they ruined it with season 2. If the last 2 episodes didn't exist and had become the basis for a fully fleshed out story arc for season 3, I probably would have been okay with that.

And seriously, what was with all of those images at the end? I get that they were supposed to show the character and story progression during the time jump, but it just left me frustrated. What did some of those images even mean?!?
Exactly. Season 3 would've redeemed this show.
and the images were referencing SEVERAL (50+ chapters i believe) arcs and things that happened in the manga which could've been a great season 3 because the goldy pond arc in the manga is gold- but they decided to 'explain' everything and start a new plot but INSTEAD OF DOING SEASON 3, they just decided to finish it up with a powerpoint show.
anyways sorry that i rage but i hope you understand my thoughts.
I don't watch a lot of Anime but one I got super into was The Promised Neverland. Season 1 was so amazing and I was excited for Season 2 until it got absolutely destroyed T~T
I haven't read the Manga but I spoiled a lot of it like the characters that were coming in Goldy Pond and other major things so I was looking forward to it after Season 1 and 2 years it ended up being horrible. I'm so sad that it got destroyed because I have never really gotten into an anime as much. But now I'll just read the Manga for sure even though I don't really read Manga, I just love this one and am willing to read it. I didn't finish the anime but know parts of how it ended and it was a good thing I stopped lmao o~O
i didn't really like the manga ending, and although i didn't read it, im sure its at least better than season 2.

Finally got around to watching the last episode of season four part one for Attack on Titan!

I thought it was interesting how Yelena killed her own comrade. Not sure if Armin crying in support of Zeke’s plan was real or fake. Looks like a huge battle is going to come up between Yelena’s forces + the Jaegerists versus the invading Marleyans. Definitely looking forward to it!

Can’t wait for the final episode (for now) of Black Clover to come out soon! It should be good for sure. Also, apparently there’s going to be a Jujutsu Kaisen movie and a Black Clover movie. Looking forward to those as well. :)

I just watched the season finale of Black Clover during my lunch break at work.
No surprise that the woman at the end of last episode was Asta’s Mom they look so alike. I can see why she sent Asta away now even though she clearly didn’t want to. Her raising the magic-less devil was super cute though.

The fight between Asta and his devil was neat especially since Asta was able to hold his own just using his left arm and Yami’s sword. After the fight I knew all along that Asta wouldn’t make the devil binding contract. Of course he would befriend the devil instead. I really look forward to seeing where this all goes once the series returns after its hiatus.

You can tell it’s clearly not over as people still need rescuing and everyone seemed pretty pumped about getting everyone back somehow.

Dunno if I posted this already and this isn't really anime but I just gotta say that throughout my journey of collecting all of the Durarara!! light novels, I still have no idea why book 8 is nowhere to be found. You'd expect it to be the final book that's hard to find or something. It's really odd. I have 12 out of 13 and it's driving me batty.

Back