• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Okay, so apparently I was dumb and didn’t think to check the news. There was an earthquake that happened in Japan, so the newest episode got pushed back a week. Completely understandable and I hope the people there are doing okay. 💚

For now, I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s Black Clover episode.
Same here. I was all hyped to watch the new episode yesterday and couldn't figure out why it wasn't there. I looked it up today and now I totally understand. Hopefully everyone in Japan is doing well and looking forward to next week now.

Today’s Black Clover episode was really good!

We learned about Nacht, the Vice Captain of the Black Bulls, who is apparently devil-possessed and has been a spy in the Spade Kingdom for a long time. He has agreed to teach Asta how to use his devil powers. Then there was an emergency Magic Knights Squad Captain meeting, and Nacht shared the information he had with them on the Advent of Qliphoth (which is the way the world is connected with the underworld for the devils to appear). Everyone agreed to go and rescue Yami and William together. Looks like my prediction was right about the Magic Knight underlings going to save their captains. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

SK8 The Infinity though guys!!

I adore Miya and Reki. They're both sooo cute!! I'm watching dubbed so I'm behind from the sub but am really enjoying so far! It was a random watch too. My sister and I were making fun of some of the crappy and lazy new anime openings and then Sk8 came up and we both were like OMG this actually looks awesome, let's watch it!

Today’s Black Clover episode was really good!

We learned about Nacht, the Vice Captain of the Black Bulls, who is apparently devil-possessed and has been a spy in the Spade Kingdom for a long time. He has agreed to teach Asta how to use his devil powers. Then there was an emergency Magic Knights Squad Captain meeting, and Nacht shared the information he had with them on the Advent of Qliphoth (which is the way the world is connected with the underworld for the devils to appear). Everyone agreed to go and rescue Yami and William together. Looks like my prediction was right about the Magic Knight underlings going to save their captains. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Only 2 episodes left so unless they wrap things up quick I can see it ending on a cliffhanger. Only time will tell. Either way I look forward to seeing where the story goes. :)

I’m on episode 92 of Naruto now, and at around the part where Naruto has to master Rasengan in a week (and the introduction of Lady Tsunade into the series). Still moving kind of slowly on it, but I’ll be done with season four soon, and then I’ll be about halfway through the show (which of course, afterwards, I’m going to have to watch Naruto Shippuden :oops:).

Well I have just spent probably too much money on an Ochaco Uraraka figure. I’ll share pics when it arrives. 😅 Safe to say I’m starting to get hype for the next season of MHA. Wooo!

So I also just ordered the Deku figure from the same set. 😅 I would have ordered him earlier but he was out of stock from most online stores. So he’s coming from a different place than Ochaco which isn’t a bad thing cause she’s been stuck in New Jersey since Friday... Her tracking has updated recently but it’s still saying the same location. I had to order both from the US so it’ll probably take a while to get either of them. Doesn’t help that Deku is coming from California. Oh well as long as they come eventually I’ll be happy. :)

I just watched most of season 2 of tpn (i didn't watch episode 10) and-
wow.
i don't really know how to feel.
honestly i'm missing norman's old personality and i know that its supposed to show that he's changed but still
the plot is a little different than the manga so i hope the ending of the anime overall is different than the manga ending cause that sucked
for one moment i really thought norman was gonna die again, honestly i feel like that problem was resolved a little too quickly
i'm missing the suspense. i feel like that there isn't a lot of intense moments and it's quite sad
i don't think it's as good as season 1 (for many, many reasons) but i don't regret watching it
ISABELLA IS GRANDMA
ACTUALLY
WOW THAT WAS A TWIST
vincent is annoying and i never trusted him
for some reason i feel like when norman and emma met its like in those movies when the popular girl comes back with a whole new set of friends and the childhood friend gets abandoned and ghosted
like they just aren't clicking
but ray and emma are having adorable moments (brother and sister vibes aw)

GILDA WITH HER HAIR UP

anyways im not good at explaining my thoughts but what do you guys think?

x99dQoG.gif

*was

The most recent episode of Jujutsu Kaisen that came out today was interesting!

I’m glad we got to see Fushiguro grow as a character and as a fighter. His domain, Chimera Shadow Garden, looks like it could be pretty deadly once complete. Looking forward to seeing Itadori and Kugisaki face the other two curses in battle.

Which reminds me, there’s only one episode left of Jujutsu Kaisen in season one! Oh no! What ever shall we do? Really looking forward to the season finale next Friday! :D

Is anybody still watching Yashahime? I think there were one or two others on here who were following it.

Anyway I watched the season finale and tbh I wasn't impressed,
but then again the only episode I've really gotten into was the one detailing Setsuna's backstory. :/ Idk these past couple episodes have been better and I was really thinking I'd be down with watching another season, but I feel like the writing is too fast-paced and they're not really fleshing out the characters and their relationships the way they ought to. Setsuna emerged as my favorite of the three girls in the latter half but her death scene didn't feel that impactful (although I was pretty moved by her referring to Towa as her sister for the first time), it just felt like a setup for The Big Fight at the end, whose stakes I... didn't really understand. I get he seems to be training them (? in a way), but Zero seemed like the much more obvious target until Kirinmaru killed Setsuna.

I'm hoping next season will somehow be better. Idk if they thought it'd just be one season so they sped through production on the first half, learned it'd be two during the second half so they tried to pump the brakes a little and resolve some plot lines while leaving others open, or what. Maybe I'll just be wearing my clown makeup again this fall lmao
Inuyasha is one of my favorite series so I'm kind of sad but not totally surprised since I never really understood the point of a sequel. Idk man.

Last edited:
Is anybody still watching Yashahime? I think there were one or two others on here who were following it.

Anyway I watched the season finale and tbh I wasn't impressed,
but then again the only episode I've really gotten into was the one detailing Setsuna's backstory. :/ Idk these past couple episodes have been better and I was really thinking I'd be down with watching another season, but I feel like the writing is too fast-paced and they're not really fleshing out the characters and their relationships the way they ought to. Setsuna emerged as my favorite of the three girls in the latter half but her death scene didn't feel that impactful (although I was pretty moved by her referring to Towa as her sister for the first time), it just felt like a setup for The Big Fight at the end, whose stakes I... didn't really understand. I get he seems to be training them (? in a way), but Zero seemed like the much more obvious target until Kirinmaru killed Setsuna.

I'm hoping next season will somehow be better. Idk if they thought it'd just be one season so they sped through production on the first half, learned it'd be two during the second half so they tried to pump the brakes a little and resolve some plot lines while leaving others open, or what. Maybe I'll just be wearing my clown makeup again this fall lmao
Inuyasha is one of my favorite series so I'm kind of sad but not totally surprised since I never really understood the point of a sequel. Idk man.
I just heard some things about it. I'm going to let it get further along before giving it a chance, since I know the Inuyasha's creator isn't involved past the character designs.

I watched Your Name again tonight. I watched the sub version back in 2016. This time I got to see the dub. I was pleasantly surprised to recognize a couple of the English voice actors so that was fun. I really enjoyed revisiting this movie.

I had forgotten about the movie taking place 2016 (same year it released). So I found the part that was “a few years later” amusing as they clearly show a calendar and it says 2021. Perfect time to rewatch it I suppose. :)

I just heard some things about it. I'm going to let it get further along before giving it a chance, since I know the Inuyasha's creator isn't involved past the character designs.
I keep hearing inconsistent things regarding Rumiko Takahashi's involvement-- some say she's only involved with the character designs, some say she has final say on the scripts, but I can't find any actual source on what she's doing.

I think it has glimmers of being really good, this has just been a pretty rocky first season. Hopefully this is as low as it gets and now that the girls seem to have some concrete motivation it'll move along better.

So today I watched Season 2 Episode 10 of the Promised Neverland and all I can say is that I'm disappointed. I've enjoyed the season up to this point but...

the only thing this episode really had going for it was the reunion with Phil, which was very touching. There were numerous twists and re-directions that seemed to come out of nowhere. They really needed more time to delve into some of the backstories and flesh out the motivations if they wanted things to play out the way they did. As it was, it just moved from one thing to the next in a very disjointed fashion with no real explanation. I was not pleased.

So today I watched Season 2 Episode 10 of the Promised Neverland and all I can say is that I'm disappointed. I've enjoyed the season up to this point but...

the only thing this episode really had going for it was the reunion with Phil, which was very touching. There were numerous twists and re-directions that seemed to come out of nowhere. They really needed more time to delve into some of the backstories and flesh out the motivations if they wanted things to play out the way they did. As it was, it just moved from one thing to the next in a very disjointed fashion with no real explanation. I was not pleased.
I was about to write something about this too.
I agree with basically everything you said. It was too confusing and unlike season 1, the plot twists came out of no where and made no sense. For starters, I am positive that the demons wouldn't stop eating humans that willingly. Honestly I don't know whats going to happen next and I feel like there's too many plotholes.

Just finished watching the latest episode of RWBY and that was certainly a series of what the heck moments. 😂

I’m going to watch Attack on Titan next and I think it’s going to be much of the same. :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Can confirm it was much of the same. Looking forward to the Attack on Titan series finale next Sunday!

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve posted these anywhere on here before. I went to Anime North in Toronto back in 2019 (before the chaos hit). I was dumb and never took a photo of my full cosplay by myself but oh well. I had permission to take/share these photos with fellow cosplayers otherwise I wouldn’t be sharing them here. I didn’t know any of them personally.

I cosplayed Wendy Marvell from FairyTail.
Selfie from when I first got to the event (it was a few hour trip from where I live). I think I left home around 4 or 5 in the morning to get there for opening time haha.
84D1FD26-00C8-48FF-864F-A36C1383C2B5.jpeg

Met fellow guild mate Natsu (I really should have handed my bag off to a friend...)
4E7FB4E3-97F4-40C6-B719-F1945AF2BA64.jpeg

Also Lucy (really that bag...)
E11B962C-0B57-4887-A9A3-1B8A9947FFDD.jpeg

Highlight of the day was getting to meet Brittney Karbowski (English voice actress for Wendy). Normally you have to pay for photos but she loved my cosplay so much she took her own picture and later posted it to Twitter (with my permission of course) so I saved this from there haha.
D47C87AB-0A2A-4257-80BC-5017B7CDEBC7.jpeg

She also signed this for me.
21D32CEF-4F29-459A-BA23-CB356BEC3E93.jpeg

I still have the full cosplay so maybe if I can get more temporary tattoos I’ll get a proper picture of just the full cosplay one day.

Last edited:
I am watching Horimiya rn and I am so sad there won't be a second season. Then again most romance anime don't which is :(

This may be my new favorite

Back