• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Just watched the latest episode of Black Clover. Hard to believe next week will be the last episode for a while. Though I don’t mind a break personally.

I honestly wasn’t expecting to see the elves again so soon but hey. Nice to hear positive news about what happened to Tetia at least.

Asta actually going head to head with his devil is pretty interesting, though with the way the episode ended I’m not so sure they will actually be fighting. I look forward to the next (and last) episode for a while.

Just finished watching the latest episode of RWBY and that was certainly a series of what the heck moments. 😂

Aw, yeah! Thanks for reminding me that RWBY is back. Damn, they’re already in episode 12....I really joined the season late.

Aw, yeah! Thanks for reminding me that RWBY is back. Damn, they’re already in episode 12....I really joined the season late.

Yeah, I still watch it after all this time haha. Been watching since volume one. I was referring to episode 13 though. I’m not sure if it’s available for everyone yet, but it will be before too long. I had to do a double take after watching that episode to make sure I saw everything right. 😂

Yeah, I still watch it after all this time haha. Been watching since volume one. I was referring to episode 13 though. I’m not sure if it’s available for everyone yet, but it will be before too long. I had to do a double take after watching that episode to make sure I saw everything right. 😂
13 episodes?:eek: I’m guessing that the season is almost over. Ah, I’m so excited now!

13 episodes?:eek: I’m guessing that the season is almost over. Ah, I’m so excited now!

Yeah, I just looked it up because I was curious as well and it looks like there will be 14 episodes this volume, so just one left to go. Seems like Jujutsu Kaisen, Attack on Titan, RWBY, and Black Clover are all ending around the same time. :)

Just got a notification that my Deku figure is out for delivery today!!! A birthday present to myself I suppose haha. Plus Ultra!

Despite being ordered a few days ahead Ochaco on the other hand is still stuck in limbo (different seller/shipping company). I had no idea FedEx was so slow in the US. Though the store I bought her from always uses FedEx and they had better prices than the seller I got Deku from (but they didn’t have Deku in stock).

Just crazy to think not only was Deku ordered after Ochaco, but Deku also came all the way from California to Ontario compared to Ochaco who has been stuck in New Jersey for about 2 weeks now.

I really look forward to getting Deku tonight though, and I’ll be happy as long as I get Ochaco eventually. :)

Update: Deku is here!!! PLUS ULTRA!!!

Don’t mind the bad lighting it’s a bad time of day and my room isn’t the greatest. Also don’t mind the Sailor Moon figures in the background aha.
C53ECFA4-E592-4CB0-BF98-2906FA2CA09B.jpeg
3F483634-24A6-489B-8DED-D431947E1435.jpeg
2BBF6A59-303E-4663-A8B3-EC4F2EEFCAE5.jpeg

Gonna display him in the box (sans plastic insert) as I’m out of space in my actual display case.

Love the quality on him. He’s by far the biggest and nicest figure I currently own. I highly recommend the ArtFX line they are pricey but 100% worth the price.

Boy do I have some things to say about the series (i think season 3 will never happen and shouldn't happen)/season finale of The Promised Neverland Season 2
I loved season 1 of the promised neverland. I highly recommend it. It was well thought out, cute, and very wholesome while facing dark, sad things. It showed healthy relationships between siblings. It was so good. I was really excited to watch season 2 and when I did, well the first episodes were very underwhelming, and although I haven't read the manga I know most of the spoilers and people said it was straying away from the manga. I was okay with that. The manga ending kind of sucked. It was rushed and didn't feel as smart or well thought out as the beginning of the manga/show. Emma loses her memory, and lets just say that doesn't sit well with me. But anyways, forget the manga, we're talking about the anime here. After episode 5 when Norman came back, I had mixed feelings. I was excited to see my main man here, but I was also confused on why he was being all genocide like. So those episodes happened, and the timeskip was a little confusing, and everything was rushed, but I still thought, 'hey they can turn this around, right?'
Episode 9 was quality content. I loved episode 9. I actually felt with the characters and the music and the mood. I cried when Norman cried, and I really, really, liked that episode. I was so stoked to see something that could potentially be better than the manga and I thought they could end the 'norman betraying everyone again' arc and wrap up season 2 with them preparing a long preparation to save the kids still at the farms. Season 3 could of made this really good. There was hope.

but noooooo.

Episode 9 was a turning point. Everything was good.
Episode 10 decided to push everything leading up to this point off a cliff. It had crazy plot twists with no explanation, and things didn't make sense. Everything was turning out good. That's not what this show is about. Not everyone just gets saved. Its not like there's just no conflict. But that's what ep 10 and 11 did! There just wasn't conflict. I wasn't intrigued. I had to stop myself from constantly checking my phone. Even when there was an interesting plot, like norman possibly dying from the tests, it was quickly resolved that same episode, like what the heck?!?
Same thing happened with Peter Ratri. He could've been an interesting character. Had this been not the SERIES FINALE, I would've been interested in his character arc and his backstory. But 7 minutes into the last episode of the show and I'm so disappointed. He just had what I would call a naruto filler character backstory and died like that. I didn't even care.
So suddenly, Isabella's on their side. She was literally insane in season 1, and I thought she was going to hunt down the kids after what happened at the beginning of season 2. But instead she's grandma, and good, and how? (but i'll get the unanswered questions soon enough, dont worry) And everyone decides to forgive her. After an unhealthy relationship of pretending to give these kids a good life, they decide to love her? THEY WERE RUNNING FROM HER.
I wasn't liking this episode. At all. So suddenly, all random conflict that showed up is suddenly resolved out of nowhere confusingly, and more plot twists happen. Emma mentions this promise she would make and how she's going to stay behind and I'm like, "YES season 3 could turn this around and we could get some quality content! we can learn more about the characters and the demons!" although I was sad to see iconic characters like Gilda and Phil leave. It would be okay. Emma and Norman and Ray can be besties and have good moments again.

BUT NOOOOOOO.

They do a giant time skip with little flashes in between their lives, and though I thought it was cute, it was A TERRIBLE ENDING! WHAT EVEN HAPPENED?
Honestly I'm so unsatisfied. I feel like they really could've had potential and gone somewhere in season 2 but truly they failed at it terribly. It wasn't really a bad ending, but it was not good. I wish I could forget about it. I hate that it has to be over because of the ending.
unanswered questions time also dont mind me raging in the background
1. So what the heck was the whole promise thing that Emma was talking about?
2. Speaking of Emma, did she liberate the farms? What even happened in the timeskip?
3. More deep into the promise thing, why did they bring up this plot on the LAST EPISODE if they were just going to leave it unanswered? Was there a promise made?
4. What happened to Isabella? Did everyone find out that Ray was her child (and why the heck did they ignore that) and did she meet someone and get married?
5. How about Mujika and Sonju? Did they just feed everyone their blood and stuff or are the demons going to starve?
6. So yeah, what about the demons? (period- there's so many questions i could ask but I'm just going to leave it at that)
7. What about Emma and Norman? (i mean i don't want to get too deep into ships here but he did have a crush on her) What up with that?
8. What was with that shot of Emma and Mujika? I perceive it as friendship but what were the producers trying to tell us through that?
9. What was that whole season 1 deal with 'the one' and 'nafiri'? Why are they just throwing that out the window?
10. James Ratiri/William Minerva. What even were his goals? What happened to him (that small flashback explained nothing to be honest)

Psychologically, season 1 was so good.
Season 2 kind of ruined everything.
Obviously there were interesting good parts, but the cons just outweighed the pros.
(obviously this is my opinion so you guys can feel free to argue, and although im mad about the ending i feel its better than the manga ending, and i think after a week or so of being mad i'll be ready to accept that season 2 sucked and i'll move on to binge watching demon slayer 🙃)
The episode just came out so there isn't a lot of news articles and such about it, but I liked this person's point of view on the series and I think you guys should read it: https://butwhythopodcast.com/2021/03/25/review‌-the‌-‌promised‌-‌neverland‌-‌season‌-‌2‌-‌episode‌-‌11/
edit: wow i just realized how much i just wrote, i am so sorry to whoever had to read this.

Damn. I put on Ready to (the opening to BNA) and I'm already feeling like putting it on repeat then NIGHT RUNNING (the ending) on repeat the again and again.

We got some news about the 3rd My Hero Acadamia movie this morning. Not sure talking about it is consider spoilers, but announcing the release date is fine, right? It's coming out the 6th of August this year in Japan! I'm really excited for it, especially as it seems to take place during one of my favorite arcs. 😄 I hope it comes to US soon after, I've been lucky enough to have been able to see the previous two movies in theaters. Gotta keep that streak up haha.
1616721720335.png

The boys are going international!
ExTluLVWYAIRGkM.jpg

Boy do I have some things to say about the series (i think season 3 will never happen and shouldn't happen)/season finale of The Promised Neverland Season 2
I loved season 1 of the promised neverland. I highly recommend it. It was well thought out, cute, and very wholesome while facing dark, sad things. It showed healthy relationships between siblings. It was so good. I was really excited to watch season 2 and when I did, well the first episodes were very underwhelming, and although I haven't read the manga I know most of the spoilers and people said it was straying away from the manga. I was okay with that. The manga ending kind of sucked. It was rushed and didn't feel as smart or well thought out as the beginning of the manga/show. Emma loses her memory, and lets just say that doesn't sit well with me. But anyways, forget the manga, we're talking about the anime here. After episode 5 when Norman came back, I had mixed feelings. I was excited to see my main man here, but I was also confused on why he was being all genocide like. So those episodes happened, and the timeskip was a little confusing, and everything was rushed, but I still thought, 'hey they can turn this around, right?'
Episode 9 was quality content. I loved episode 9. I actually felt with the characters and the music and the mood. I cried when Norman cried, and I really, really, liked that episode. I was so stoked to see something that could potentially be better than the manga and I thought they could end the 'norman betraying everyone again' arc and wrap up season 2 with them preparing a long preparation to save the kids still at the farms. Season 3 could of made this really good. There was hope.

but noooooo.

Episode 9 was a turning point. Everything was good.
Episode 10 decided to push everything leading up to this point off a cliff. It had crazy plot twists with no explanation, and things didn't make sense. Everything was turning out good. That's not what this show is about. Not everyone just gets saved. Its not like there's just no conflict. But that's what ep 10 and 11 did! There just wasn't conflict. I wasn't intrigued. I had to stop myself from constantly checking my phone. Even when there was an interesting plot, like norman possibly dying from the tests, it was quickly resolved that same episode, like what the heck?!?
Same thing happened with Peter Ratri. He could've been an interesting character. Had this been not the SERIES FINALE, I would've been interested in his character arc and his backstory. But 7 minutes into the last episode of the show and I'm so disappointed. He just had what I would call a naruto filler character backstory and died like that. I didn't even care.
So suddenly, Isabella's on their side. She was literally insane in season 1, and I thought she was going to hunt down the kids after what happened at the beginning of season 2. But instead she's grandma, and good, and how? (but i'll get the unanswered questions soon enough, dont worry) And everyone decides to forgive her. After an unhealthy relationship of pretending to give these kids a good life, they decide to love her? THEY WERE RUNNING FROM HER.
I wasn't liking this episode. At all. So suddenly, all random conflict that showed up is suddenly resolved out of nowhere confusingly, and more plot twists happen. Emma mentions this promise she would make and how she's going to stay behind and I'm like, "YES season 3 could turn this around and we could get some quality content! we can learn more about the characters and the demons!" although I was sad to see iconic characters like Gilda and Phil leave. It would be okay. Emma and Norman and Ray can be besties and have good moments again.

BUT NOOOOOOO.

They do a giant time skip with little flashes in between their lives, and though I thought it was cute, it was A TERRIBLE ENDING! WHAT EVEN HAPPENED?
Honestly I'm so unsatisfied. I feel like they really could've had potential and gone somewhere in season 2 but truly they failed at it terribly. It wasn't really a bad ending, but it was not good. I wish I could forget about it. I hate that it has to be over because of the ending.
unanswered questions time also dont mind me raging in the background
1. So what the heck was the whole promise thing that Emma was talking about?
2. Speaking of Emma, did she liberate the farms? What even happened in the timeskip?
3. More deep into the promise thing, why did they bring up this plot on the LAST EPISODE if they were just going to leave it unanswered? Was there a promise made?
4. What happened to Isabella? Did everyone find out that Ray was her child (and why the heck did they ignore that) and did she meet someone and get married?
5. How about Mujika and Sonju? Did they just feed everyone their blood and stuff or are the demons going to starve?
6. So yeah, what about the demons? (period- there's so many questions i could ask but I'm just going to leave it at that)
7. What about Emma and Norman? (i mean i don't want to get too deep into ships here but he did have a crush on her) What up with that?
8. What was with that shot of Emma and Mujika? I perceive it as friendship but what were the producers trying to tell us through that?
9. What was that whole season 1 deal with 'the one' and 'nafiri'? Why are they just throwing that out the window?
10. James Ratiri/William Minerva. What even were his goals? What happened to him (that small flashback explained nothing to be honest)

Psychologically, season 1 was so good.
Season 2 kind of ruined everything.
Obviously there were interesting good parts, but the cons just outweighed the pros.
(obviously this is my opinion so you guys can feel free to argue, and although im mad about the ending i feel its better than the manga ending, and i think after a week or so of being mad i'll be ready to accept that season 2 sucked and i'll move on to binge watching demon slayer 🙃)
The episode just came out so there isn't a lot of news articles and such about it, but I liked this person's point of view on the series and I think you guys should read it: https://butwhythopodcast.com/2021/03/25/review‌-the‌-‌promised‌-‌neverland‌-‌season‌-‌2‌-‌episode‌-‌11/
edit: wow i just realized how much i just wrote, i am so sorry to whoever had to read this.
I won't have a chance to watch the latest episode until this weekend, but as soon as I do I'll read everything in your spoiler. I'm already not looking forward to this episode after last week's episode, but I'm going to watch it anyway for...closure? 🤷‍♀️

So my boyfriend called me tonight for my birthday and we talked about a lot of things including anime and manga. I kept mentioning MHA and without specifically saying he should watch it I seem to have planted the seed as he sounded interested in checking it out at some point. :p

My job here is done. PLUS ULTRA (lol)

Just watched the latest episode of Black Clover. Hard to believe next week will be the last episode for a while. Though I don’t mind a break personally.

I honestly wasn’t expecting to see the elves again so soon but hey. Nice to hear positive news about what happened to Tetia at least.

Asta actually going head to head with his devil is pretty interesting, though with the way the episode ended I’m not so sure they will actually be fighting. I look forward to the next (and last) episode for a while.

Finally got around to watching it and it was really interesting.

I’m glad all the Magic Knights and Guardians are okay. Those explosions definitely could have caused a lot of damage had the Magic Knights there not stopped them. Also can’t wait to see the next episode and what becomes of the devil-binding ritual. Is that woman with the green eyes that the devil remembered Asta’s mother? I have a feeling she might be related to Asta, but I’m not sure. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I’m now officially caught up with everything. I can’t believe there’s only one episode of Jujutsu Kaisen, RWBY, Attack on Titan, and Black Clover left. It’s definitely going to be weird only watching My Hero Academia and Naruto after having watched so many shows at the same time for awhile. It’ll be a nice change of pace for me though, and much appreciated.

Speaking of which, it’s officially Jujutsu Kaisen Friday! Really looking forward to the season finale coming out today! :D

Okay, so I barely ever watched Animes, but the ones I watched are definitly worth mentioning.
Just be aware, if you're not into gore / horror then better don't google them. :D

My absolute favorite is "Deadman Wonderland".. I would lie if I said that I didn't dream once.. or twice.. okay, maybe more than this about the male main character. >->

I also love "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" and watched "Umineko No Naku Koro Ni" because of it, but Umineko was too confusing for me and one scene was just too much gore for me. I couldn't eat after that for a while and had to pause the series for at least a month, lol.
But I finished it and I still have no clue what on earth happened in it. All I know is that I want to be a blue haired anime girl now >o<
My brother was the one that told me about "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" and he said I'm like "Rika".. cute but psycho, which sadly fits xD
If one day I'm skinny enough I want to cosplay her so badly. By far my favorite anime character :3

And of course, "Death Note".. the classic. It was my first Anime ever and I loved it! Nate is just such a cutie, I wish he was real ;x
Funnily enough, a friend that I later found also likes Death Note and he always calls me "Near" now and he's "L" for me.
We are like brother and sister, haha. =)

Also, I hope my boyfriend won't somehow find this, because he hates weebs and he knows I like anime a bit, but not THAT much 😂

Okay, so I barely ever watched Animes, but the ones I watched are definitly worth mentioning.
Just be aware, if you're not into gore / horror then better don't google them. :D

My absolute favorite is "Deadman Wonderland".. I would lie if I said that I didn't dream once.. or twice.. okay, maybe more than this about the male main character. >->

I also love "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" and watched "Umineko No Naku Koro Ni" because of it, but Umineko was too confusing for me and one scene was just too much gore for me. I couldn't eat after that for a while and had to pause the series for at least a month, lol.
But I finished it and I still have no clue what on earth happened in it. All I know is that I want to be a blue haired anime girl now >o<
My brother was the one that told me about "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni" and he said I'm like "Rika".. cute but psycho, which sadly fits xD
If one day I'm skinny enough I want to cosplay her so badly. By far my favorite anime character :3

And of course, "Death Note".. the classic. It was my first Anime ever and I loved it! Nate is just such a cutie, I wish he was real ;x
Funnily enough, a friend that I later found also likes Death Note and he always calls me "Near" now and he's "L" for me.
We are like brother and sister, haha. =)

Also, I hope my boyfriend won't somehow find this, because he hates weebs and he knows I like anime a bit, but not THAT much 😂
Good to know! I adore the Higurashi series and have kinda wanted to check out the Umineko series. Glad to know it's still gorey but also kinda confusing.

Back