• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I watched A Silent Voice last night. Not sure how to feel about it. I wish it didn't need to build this romance when it should really focus on the declining mental health of the two main characters.

Not exactly anime but still related. I’ve been playing Clannad on Switch again (it’s the visual novel version of the anime). I just finished the Misae route and it was a bit odd but interesting. Now I’m starting the Tomoyo route and I know many people say it’s their fave route so I look forward to finding out why. After that I should be able to start the true “canon” Nagisa route. I’ve only had the game 2 years now haha. 😅

Watched the most recent episode of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia that just came out!

Midoriya talked with All Might about seeing the original holder of One For All as well as All For One. It seems like this conversation between Midoriya and the original holder of One For All is the only time it has happened, so All Might doesn’t know a lot about it. The clash between Class 1-A and Class 1-B where they’re battling in teams looks like it’s going to be really good. Shinso transferring to the hero course is (somewhat?) expected since he mentioned wanting to be a hero in the past and he’s also in the opening for the fifth season. Looks like Jurota Shishida of Class 1-B thought he had the jump on the Class 1-A team, but now has to deal with Shinso’s quirk. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I'd like to see someone here react to Sanrio's "Ringing Bell" or "Chirin's Bell". I haven't seen it.
It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember it being that bad. Sure, it's more brutal and heavy than you'd expect a movie by Sanrio to be, but people act like it's on the level of Watership Down or Plague Dogs, which it's not.

Since I last posted, I finally finished Jujutsu Kaisen! It's super good and I cannot wait for the prequel movie!

I'm so close to finishing Demon Slayer. I'm actually going to watch the movie in theatres on the 24th! I'm really excited for that. Will post my thoughts on it once the time comes! :3

I'm gonna finish Rent-a-Girlfriend in the near future, but until then, I gotta finish Durarara!! as well... T^T

Gonna start watching Cowboy Bebop sometime soon, too. Has anyone watched Cowboy Bebop? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the watch? :0

Gonna start watching Cowboy Bebop sometime soon, too. Has anyone watched Cowboy Bebop? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth the watch? :0

Cowboy Bebop is definitely worth the watch. It was one of the first anime shows I watched and I immensely enjoyed it. I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like it. Just be warned that it deals with some heavy themes and there’s a fair amount of violence. If you’re okay with all of that, I’d say go for it. The characters are all well-written, as is the story. Hope you enjoy it, friendo. :)

It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember it being that bad. Sure, it's more brutal and heavy than you'd expect a movie by Sanrio to be, but people act like it's on the level of Watership Down or Plague Dogs, which it's not.
Right, more a Grave of the Fireflies, less of a Gantz?

Looks like Dish// (the band who did the newest opening for My Hero Academia) finally posted the official full version of the song on YouTube. Sadly not a music video but oh well, it’s still nice to have the full song. I have added it to the playlist I made of all the official full versions of songs from the MHA openings. I’ll link the playlist below in case some one would like it and missed/lost the link last time I shared it. :)

I thought this season would be horrific, so I was pleasantly surprised when I tried out about 16 shows over the weekend and found almost all of them decent!

I think I'll be keeping up with the following:
MHA, of course
86: Eighty Six - this had an interesting premise and reminded me of older anime.
Nomad: Megalo Box 2 - I loved the first Megalo Box and this one doesn't disappoint.
Mars Red - I'm not huge on anime vampire stories, but I feel like a lot of care went into this one...curious to see where it's headed. Also the ending song...Hyde!
SSSS. Dynazenon - I loved this one! I'm liking it even more than Gridman. I love that the cast is a bunch of delinquents.
Odd Taxi - Amazing??? Probably going to be AOTS for me.
Godzilla Singular Point - Surprisingly decent.

& there's a few other shows I haven't watched yet but am interested in, so this list has potential to grow!

I'd like to see someone here react to Sanrio's "Ringing Bell" or "Chirin's Bell". I haven't seen it.

I watched Ringing Bell a couple of years ago. Yeah, it was a little heavier than I expected, and one of the character's actions seemed a little weird to me at the time, but I remember it being okay. It seemed a little dated, but I guess that's to be expected.

Nintendo announced a new Switch Lite colour today. It seemed familiar to me...
A4130065-2122-46F9-B2BE-F77868493D9C.jpeg

Fruits Basket Season 2 Episode 14:
C47B19DA-DB01-4E5B-8725-AD51C81A70D2.jpeg

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Not exactly anime but still related. I’ve been playing Clannad on Switch again (it’s the visual novel version of the anime). I just finished the Misae route and it was a bit odd but interesting. Now I’m starting the Tomoyo route and I know many people say it’s their fave route so I look forward to finding out why. After that I should be able to start the true “canon” Nagisa route. I’ve only had the game 2 years now haha. 😅

Finished Tomoyo's route. I didn't absolutely love it like most people seem to but I will agree that it was an overall good route. I can finally start into the true canon story now with Nagisa's route and I can't wait. Even if After Story is likely to follow it and I'm likely to bawl my eyes out more than once just like with the anime.

I’m at episode 111 of Naruto now. I’ve watched 110/220 episodes, so I’m halfway done with the show! What a wild ride it has been so far. I’m interested to see if the squad Shikamaru assembled to bring Sasuke back to the Hidden Leaf Village will succeed or not. Definitely looking forward to the second half and then Naruto Shippuden!

It’s the SatAM, time for a new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode!

Kirishima and Koda got captured by the Class B team and things were looking tough for the Class A team, even after capturing Tsuburaba. That was, until Kaminari, Tsuyu, and Shinso came up with a plan to try and win. First, Tsuyu cloaked the three of them in her mucus smell so that Shishida couldn’t tell who was who. Then, Kaminari got intentionally captured by the enemy to try and draw their attention away from the others. Shinso brainwashed Shiozaki of Class 1-B while being hidden, and Tsuyu carried her away to the jail. Rin got captured as well. Shishida went after Shinso, though this proved to be a fatal mistake as Tsuyu came back and threw Rin into Shishida, knocking them both out. Both Shiozaki, Rin, and Shishida of Class 1-B were successfully captured and the Class 1-A team + Shinso wins! It was a very exciting episode and the Class A team’s recovery and strategy was well done. Up next will be battle two. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

I thought this season would be horrific, so I was pleasantly surprised when I tried out about 16 shows over the weekend and found almost all of them decent!

I think I'll be keeping up with the following:
MHA, of course
86: Eighty Six - this had an interesting premise and reminded me of older anime.
Nomad: Megalo Box 2 - I loved the first Megalo Box and this one doesn't disappoint.
Mars Red - I'm not huge on anime vampire stories, but I feel like a lot of care went into this one...curious to see where it's headed. Also the ending song...Hyde!
SSSS. Dynazenon - I loved this one! I'm liking it even more than Gridman. I love that the cast is a bunch of delinquents.
Odd Taxi - Amazing??? Probably going to be AOTS for me.
Godzilla Singular Point - Surprisingly decent.

& there's a few other shows I haven't watched yet but am interested in, so this list has potential to grow!
Somehow threw myself into watching seven shows this season. Odd Taxi has also been my favorite thus far, so I’m happy to see it’s on someone’s list! :D They portray character interactions so well and leave a lot for us to find and start thinking about. I love the driver’s candid responses to everything haha.

It’s a nice break from standard tropes and mysteries laced with predictable drama.

Since I'm following fewer anime this season, I decided to check out The Slime Diaries. It's just a cute little spin-off of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime that follows daily life in the town. It won't be something I watch as a priority, but when I have a day with no other current anime to watch, it's a nice filler.

Started watching Cells at Work with my boyfriend yesterday. I’ve seen it before but figured it was one he’d enjoy that isn’t too long as a first series to get into together.

This is my first time watching it dubbed though and the fact that Cherami Leigh voices the main character (the ditzy red blood cell) makes me really excited to watch it again. I love her as a voice actress. I knew it was her the second I heard the voice. :)

Back