• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I finally got around to watching the season 5 premiere of My Hero Academia! Such a fun episode and a great start to the season.

I was a little behind because I found two OVAs that I hadn't watched yet called "Do-or-die Survival Training." So, of course, I had to watch those first. But now I'm all caught up and ready to go.

I just watched the season finale of Black Clover during my lunch break at work.
No surprise that the woman at the end of last episode was Asta’s Mom they look so alike. I can see why she sent Asta away now even though she clearly didn’t want to. Her raising the magic-less devil was super cute though.

The fight between Asta and his devil was neat especially since Asta was able to hold his own just using his left arm and Yami’s sword. After the fight I knew all along that Asta wouldn’t make the devil binding contract. Of course he would befriend the devil instead. I really look forward to seeing where this all goes once the series returns after its hiatus.

You can tell it’s clearly not over as people still need rescuing and everyone seemed pretty pumped about getting everyone back somehow.

Just watched it as well, and

I called it that Licita was Asta’s mother. It’s interesting how both Asta and Liebe were children of hers (though Liebe was adopted, of course). It’s sad that she had to die to protect Liebe from the devil Lucifero. I thought it was great how Asta chose to befriend Liebe instead of binding him as a servant. Really shows his true character. I’m definitely looking forward to when this show returns in the future!

Well, now all I have to watch for awhile is My Hero Academia and Naruto. I plan on watching the season five premiere again before season five episode two comes out this Saturday. :)

I’m on episode 97 of Naruto now, which means I only have around 8 episodes to go until I finish season four. May try to just binge it all tonight since I have time, but we’ll see. On another note, not too much longer now until the second episode of MHA season five comes out!

With the majority of my anime shows ending their seasons last week, I decided to check out a new anime: Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood. The first episode was really just setting up the story so I'm not sure how good it will be yet, but it's got some pretty imagery and an interesting concept. I'm willing to continue giving it a chance.

Finished season four of Naruto yesterday and I really enjoyed the season. All I can say is Orochimaru and Kabuto are creeps. 😂

Also, the battle between the three legendary sannin was awesome.

Rewatched the season five premiere of MHA just now in preparation for the second episode. The first episode of each season has been mostly a recap episode for awhile, so I’m definitely looking forward to where the show progresses from here. Also, once this arc is over I have heard that things get a lot darker...

People are saying good things about something called World Trigger. Not seeing a physical listing on my preferred online shop. Blu-ray is up for pre-order for a discounted $97?!

Well I’m randomly awake at 6am and the new MHA episode just went live on Crunchyroll about 30 mins ago. May as well watch it now. 🤩

Edit: Just finished watching it and
Endeavour is trying to make amends with his family. Probably a little too late in my opinion but at least he’s trying? He has a matching scar with Shoto now too which is interesting. It’s still weird seeing him without his signature flames all over his body.

Finally some more insight into One for All/All for One. So One for All was originally given from All for One to his quirkless brother. Interesting. I’m curious to find out more in the future. Deku is the 9th to get it but I’m curious how this will also affect him going forward.

Last edited:
Just watched the most recent episode of MHA!

It seems I may be wrong about Hawks. Looks like he’s infiltrating the League of Villains as a double agent at the request of the heroes side. Still waiting to see if he betrays his status as a hero though. Also, it looks like there’s trouble in the Todoroki family (I definitely imagined that in Present Mic’s voice, xD)! I think the most interesting part of the episode, however, was towards the end where we got some backstory into All For One and the original holder of One For All. The past “vestiges” or holders of One For All looked interesting and I’d really like to know more about them at some point. Looks like next episode is going to feature Class 1-A versus Class 1-B. Looking forward to it for sure!

Just watched the most recent episode of MHA!

It seems I may be wrong about Hawks. Looks like he’s infiltrating the League of Villains as a double agent at the request of the heroes side. Still waiting to see if he betrays his status as a hero though. Also, it looks like there’s trouble in the Todoroki family (I definitely imagined that in Present Mic’s voice, xD)! I think the most interesting part of the episode, however, was towards the end where we got some backstory into All For One and the original holder of One For All. The past “vestiges” or holders of One For All looked interesting and I’d really like to know more about them at some point. Looks like next episode is going to feature Class 1-A versus Class 1-B. Looking forward to it for sure!

Haha I see you are up first thing in the morning as well! True MHA fans aren’t we? :LOL:

I was finally able to watch the finale for RWBY volume 8 today on Crunchyroll.

It definitely left a lot of questions up in the air about the fate of Team RWBY and Jaune. When Yang fell first, I thought maybe she died, but when all of them fell I figured they must be transported somewhere else. The brief clip after the credits seemed to confirm that. Wherever they are, it will probably not be good and I'm sure they'll have to work hard to get back to everyone else.

I agree with @Midoriya that this volume didn't have the same pull and energy as some of the early volumes. I wonder if that's due to the loss of the show's creator. But there's still enough to keep me watching to the end. I want to see how they finally defeat Salem, assuming they do.

GUYS!!! THE BURST GEN OF BEYBLADE HAS ENTERED THE FINAL SEASON. RIP FOR A FEW YEARS UNTIL THE NEXT GEN.
This is the opening. Not much action, but I like it.

I'm trying to watch Hunter X Hunter dub beyond the Greed Island arc but can't find an option for free that is legal. Any help?

Edit: Sorry to be annoying but I prefer dub lol

Ahh, finally been able to catch up on the weekly animes I've missed out while out of state and man am I sad to see them go. 😔

The ending of Black Clover really tugged at my heartstrings. Asta never losing his way? Always love to see it! Was really anticipating for that backstory to the demon that's been attached to Asta, never expected them to be brothers. Leaves me asking who or what Asta's father is, if his mom had the ability to drain mana and life force. Can't wait till it makes it's return in a few years, though, in the meantime am looking forward to the movie that's coming out!

The ending of Beastars season 2 was pretty wild, but I liked even the outrageous parts. Nothing like letting your bro eat your leg so he can power up to really cement your friendship hahaha. Am super tempted to dive into the manga while I wait for season 3 though, definitely can tell it's heading to some interesting territories.

Glad to see MHA return! The first episode is really fun. Mirio is an absolute goofball, love him for it haha. Second episode is a great start to this upcoming arc! I hardly ever read ahead to an anime, but as I follow what's currently happening in the manga, it's really nice looking back and really understand what a character's feelings and motivations are from the beginning. Next weeks episode is going to be a fun one for sure though, really looking forward to it. 😃

THIS IS A PSA. A PSA. JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURES STONE OCEAN ANIME (PART 6) IS CONFIRMED TO BE IN PRODUCTION AND COULD BE RELEASED AS EARLY AS NEXT YEAR. HYPE!!!

Alright, that is all. XD.

THIS IS A PSA. A PSA. JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURES STONE OCEAN ANIME (PART 6) IS CONFIRMED TO BE IN PRODUCTION AND COULD BE RELEASED AS EARLY AS NEXT YEAR. HYPE!!!

Alright, that is all. XD.

I am so hyped for this... 6 is such a good part but it's been a few years since I read it so it will be a good refresher :)

Plus I got my friends into jojo during college so we will probably be watching together and experiencing with them for their first time :blush:

Fruits Basket Season 3 should finally drop in just a couple more hours! I’m not big into romancey Shojo type anime most of the time (I watch way more Shonen on a regular basis), but when I do it completely sucks me in. I guess it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure genre of mine haha. 😅

Edit: I can see that the sub is now live on Crunchyroll as well as the dub on Funimation. I can't wait to get home this evening to watch it!

Last edited:
I just finished watching the first episode of season 3 of Fruits Basket. I'm excited for the final season!

I normally don't want a cheesy, everybody is happy type of ending, but that's honestly what I'm hoping for with this anime. I don't want to see a single one of the characters upset or left out...except maybe Akito.

P.S. I haven't read the manga so I'm going into this blind. I have no idea how it ends.

Watched a couple episodes of season five of Naruto. So glad that Idate was able to beat Ugly-Rectangular-Face-Guy in a race (that’s not his name, that’s just what I call him 😂 ) with the help of Naruto and friends. Next time I watch I’ll be looking forward to the fight between Naruto and Sasuke. Going to be interesting for sure.

ok ik this isn’t technically anime but i just read some snk final chapter spoilers!
i liked the final chapter. i’m kind of sad that eren’s plan from the beginning was to sacrifice himself... but i thought the whole flashback thing with him and armin, and them seeing the world in the paths made it at least bittersweet. + the last page is also kind of nice. i’m also happy that my fave characters survived, jean and connie (ok sasha died a while ago but she made a reappearance) ALSO LEVI LOOKS COOL??? with his scars and such. ok that wasn’t super plot-revealing but i think that’s most of what i wanted to say :’)

Back