• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Should I go for Dr. Stone or Demon Slayer? I'm thinking Demon Slayer might be popular enough to be an evergreen title, giving me more of a chance to get a pick it up. That would put a priority on the other one. I don't want to trust a streaming service with anime. Anyone remember Neon Alley? Not completely sure what happened to it, but i don't think it's a option anymore.

Should I go for Dr. Stone or Demon Slayer? I'm thinking Demon Slayer might be popular enough to be an evergreen title, giving me more of a chance to get a pick it up. That would put a priority on the other one. I don't want to trust a streaming service with anime. Anyone remember Neon Alley? Not completely sure what happened to it, but i don't think it's a option anymore.

Demon Slayer for sure. Dr. Stone isn’t bad by any means, but Demon Slayer is really, really good. Plus, it has a movie now too (which serves as the second season).

Never heard of Neon Alley before.

Should I go for Dr. Stone or Demon Slayer?
I personally liked Dr. Stone better but I'd say go for Demon Slayer. The animation of Demon Slayer is just amazing and it has a really good storyline, plus like Midoriya said there's the bonus of the movie and season 2 is coming out later this year.

I watched the final episode of Slime Diaries today. It was 100% filler, but it was cute. It went season to season, covering various Japanese traditions and holidays as Rimuru introduced them in his town. I love learning about cultural things like that.

I'm not a fan of filler (really, who is) but at least this was presented as such under its own separate title. I appreciated that versus shoving the episodes into the main storyline somewhere.

Now I'm looking forward to the return of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime with Season 2 Part 2 in July.

Still missing one volume of Saiyuki Reaload Gunlock. I know that and Saiyuki Reload are bland with different voices compared to the original, but I still feel I need to see it. I should be going after the Galaxy Angel spin-offs. Those weren't available for a while. I hope Funimation didn't just crap out a low effort re-release.

-It's actually handled by Nozomi Entertainment, and less than $70! I just assume Funi is sitting on what i want anymore, if anyone has it. Plus it looks like it's actually Aniplex of America that has the overpriced box sets. With Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood having 2 box sets at $124 each, and they have Black Butler and Gurren Lagann as well. I'm rambling.

Last edited:
Has anybody seen Dorohedoro? I saw it while scrolling through Netflix yesterday and thought it looked interesting. Me and the boyfriend are looking for a new show to watch while we have dinner lol

An all new episode of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia just released!

Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki met up with Endeavor to work at his agency and were immediately called into battle against the villain Pluto. They managed to capture Pluto as well as his underlings thanks to the help of Hawks. Hawks tried to indirectly relay information to Endeavor that the liberation army was on the rise and numbered a great amount of people. After reading the book on the meta liberation army Endeavor received from Hawks, Endeavor figured this out too. Meanwhile, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki got acquainted with the actual agency of Endeavor, which is super busy all the time.

Up next on My Hero Academia, Midoriya learns to control his newfound power more while at Endeavor’s agency. There’s expected to be a one week break between now and the next episode, which means the next episode will air on the 10th of July! You won’t want to miss it! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

I recently started Steins;Gate after I finished Death Note and it's definitely kept me interested. The Death Note ending was really good as well, I didn't expect it to end the way it did tbh. Along with those I've been watching Kemono Jihen as the dub comes out (I like watching it while I draw so I can't read subtitles at the same time lol) and I'm enjoying it as well.

Zombie Land Saga Season 2 has ended and it left off with quite a bang. This season gave a lot more backstory while still working in the quirky humor that the series is known for. Yet, it still left quite a few questions unanswered. I hope to see a Season 3 since it doesn't seem like one has been confirmed yet.

Currently watching code Geass season 2 and omg I might binge
Question to the ppl who have watched it
What side are you on lelouch to make a world for Japanese or sazuku I really want to know

So Funimation butchered Shin Chan's dialog, episode order, event segment order for seemingly no reason. Accuracy has been in their mission statement from the beginning.
Post automatically merged:

Did the One Punch Man ova only come in the collectors edition?

Last edited:
Back