• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I watched the newest episode of My Hero Academia yesterday and it was really good. I look forward to seeing what the next few episodes hold for Deku. I love that even 5 seasons in his powers continue to develop in interesting ways.

I also just remembered that the next episode of Fruits Basket just released. I'll have to watch it when I get a break later. Especially after that cliffhanger last week. 😬

Started watching My Hero Academia from the beginning (but English dubbed this time) with my boyfriend. He seems to like it so far. Heck he even sneakily had the 3rd episode already queued up to go while I was busy cleaning/unpacking stuff last night haha.

I will still keep up with the latest ongoing season as well but subbed.

I can't find a listing for any Gainax title since they split, made Studio Trigger, put out Promare.
Huh I thought Gainax was making the Rebuild movies, but apparently Anno started his own studio to do so? And it looks like they sued Gainax in 2016, so I wonder if that might be part of the problem, in addition to Trigger's existence.

Huh I thought Gainax was making the Rebuild movies, but apparently Anno started his own studio to do so? And it looks like they sued Gainax in 2016, so I wonder if that might be part of the problem, in addition to Trigger's existence.
I just saw an ad for an overpriced Gurren Lagann set listing with the movies I didn't know about. I don't know what is going on.

I think the only Gainax stuff I have is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Gurren Lagann, and Nadia Secret of Blue Water. Did want Flcl and Kill la Kill.

Last edited:
I started reading Witch Hat Atelier the other day. Every panel is absolutely stunning! I completely understand the hype.

I also picked up the first volume of Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction since it was made by one of my favorite manga artists. The premise actually sounds pretty funny! Knowing Inio Asano, the backgrounds will be photo realistic while the characters are borderline grotesque at times.

A new episode of My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia released earlier! Who will end up winning the fifth match between Class 1-A and Class 1-B?!? Find out NOW!

Shinso had used brainwashing to stop Midoriya’s new quirk‘s rampage, and then Midoriya and Uraraka dodged Class 1-B’s next attack. It turned into a free-for-all with Midoriya following Shinso, Uraraka taking on Monoma, and Mineta and Ashido taking care of the others. Midoriya used his new quirk again to stop debris from falling on him that Shinso let down, but he could only use it for so long until it disappeared again. It seems this power can only be used fully once he’s mastered One For All. He then chased after Shinso using One For All at 8%. Uraraka took Monoma to the jail and put him in, but figured out that he had left a surprise copied quirk to hit Midoriya. However, remembering Midoriya’s words to her, Uraraka went to help out Ashido and Mineta instead, who were both about to be captured. She smacked one of the Class 1-B team members using Gunhead martial arts, and then Ashido and Mineta got free and turned the tables on the rest of them. Midoriya dodged Shinso’s final attack and slammed him to the ground using One For All, with enough force that he couldn’t move but also so he wouldn’t injure Shinso. Midoriya, Uraraka, Mineta, and Ashido put the rest of the Class 1-B team members in jail including Shinso, and Class 1-A won! Since Class 1-A won the first match, lost the second, ended up in a draw on the third match, and then won the fourth and fifth matches, Class 1-A won the event. More questions arose as to what Midoriya’s new power was, but he responded by saying he was scared and didn’t even fully understand it himself.

Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Not exactly anime as it’s western animation with heavy anime influence but I got my signed print of Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender recently. Signed via Streamily by his English voice actor Dante Basco. The package was actually bent and clearly soaked in water at one point even with a fragile do not bend sticker on it. Thankfully it came in a plastic sleeve and only has a slight curve in the middle with no creases. I’ll get a proper frame for it at some point, but for now it’s just in the plastic sleeve.

CB855F87-2DD9-41F0-91A4-8EA346ACF5DB.jpeg

Heads up to anyone keeping up with Fruits Basket. I just heard that today’s episode is delayed until 9pm est tonight. (Episodes normally come out on Monday at 1:30pm est). I went to watch it during my work break and it wasn’t up yet. Guess I’ll be catching it tomorrow instead.

Episode 10 of SSSS. Dynazenon was super good! Animated by Kai Ikarashi, this episode was wonderfully experimental. I was experiencing Gainax nostalgia, for sure.

&I love love love Koyomi and Chise ; ;

I just saw an ad for an overpriced Gurren Lagann set listing with the movies I didn't know about. I don't know what is going on.

I think the only Gainax stuff I have is Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Gurren Lagann, and Nadia Secret of Blue Water. Did want Flcl and Kill la Kill.
I've been wanting to watch Nadia for awhile! Would you recommend it?

I own Gurren Lagann as well, but that's it. I had no idea they ever even released the movies in the west, interesting.

Back