• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Bungo Stray Dogs talk!!

Can we just talk about the fact that Teruko's english voice is Cherami Leigh? Oh my goddddd. I've been waiting since 2021 to know what her voice sounded like. I'm not a manga reader for BSD but I've seen photos and panels of her and automatically had an idea of what I pictured her sounding like and Cherami pulls it off very well! I feel the same as the english voice for Nikolai too! Absolutely perfect. I'm so happy, guys.
Literally just watched that episode, and yeah I really liked Teruko's and Nikolai's voice actors as well. Nikolai's ability reminds me of Robin from One Piece with hands coming out of portals, but apparently his ability is even more than that. Things are looking really rough for the detective agency right now, glad they got the port mafia somewhat on their side at least. Chuuya showing up at the end of that episode has got me HYPED for next week.

Apparently Attack on Titan released a 1 hour episode too today, gonna have to check that out. Looking like 2023 is gonna be one heck of a year for anime, already so many amazing anime releasing right now and more too come I'm really excited for.

What will Vigilante Deku do on his own to stop the villains and defeat All For One once and for all? The battles continue... now.

Midoriya and the pro heroes raid the mansion that Lady Nagant mentioned, but it turns out to be a trap, with All For One saying he is focused on Midoriya now. The communication device ends up being an explosive and detonates, but thankfully everyone narrowly manages to survive.

Consumed by responsibility, grief, loneliness, and a warped sense of justice, Midoriya continues to hunt down villains as Vigilante Deku, not even giving himself time to rest or eat.

As one of the jailbreakers, Dictator, is about to finish him off since Midoriya is exhausted, Bakugo fires an Armor Piercing (AP) shot at Dictator, and the other students all show up to help Midoriya out. Once Dictator is dealt with, Midoriya tells the others to get away, but they refuse.

With both sides at an impasse, Class 1-A has no choice but to fight Midoriya with all of his new Quirks and One For All, stop him, and make him see that he needs help and isn't in this fight alone. Will they be able to stop someone regarded as the tactician or top strategic hero of the students though? A fierce fight between old allies is ahead...

Next time on My Hero Academia season six, episode twenty-three. "Class 1-A versus Deku." You won't want to miss it! Go beyond! Plus ultra! (y)

I just finished watching Part 1 of Attack On Titan The Final Chapters and it was AMAZING! I'm excited for Part 2 to air in the fall. <3
Yes!!! I just watched this as well and it was truly epic! But I'm so disappointed that we have to wait yet again. I want more!

My poor Hange-san literally going out in a blaze of glory. She got the heroic end she deserved, though. 😭💐🪦

Yes!!! I just watched this as well and it was truly epic! But I'm so disappointed that we have to wait yet again. I want more!

My poor Hange-san literally going out in a blaze of glory. She got the heroic end she deserved, though. 😭💐🪦

I knew it was coming from reading the manga, but it didn't make it any easier to watch. :'( You're right, though. It certainly was a heroic end!

Currently (slowly) watching the first season of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid because I love dragons, and my husband watched it years ago and wants me to see it all. We're also (slowly) working through Nichijou because it's just too good.

Dragon Maid is really cute and fun. I feel that I connect most with Kanna and Fafnir. Yes, those are too strikingly different personalities, but... hey.

I finally started actually watching G Wing. It's good! I don't really have any in-depth thoughts rn (other than that I find Relena simultaneously endearing and hilarious, like
she really just said "gotta go back to Earth to see my terrorist boyfriend 🚶🏼‍♀️" after her father got assassinated, but she was also down to fight... I love her
Also the OP slaps

I've started watching Volume 9 of RWBY. I've watched the first 2 episodes and still have to watch the 3rd to get caught up. This season is definitely different. I do like aspects of it, but it's a huge tonal shift from where Volume 8 left off so I still think it feels out of place. We'll see how it turns out.

I finally started actually watching G Wing. It's good! I don't really have any in-depth thoughts rn (other than that I find Relena simultaneously endearing and hilarious, like
she really just said "gotta go back to Earth to see my terrorist boyfriend 🚶🏼‍♀️" after her father got assassinated, but she was also down to fight... I love her
Also the OP slaps
The only Gundam I've seen is the goofy G Gundam. I let a youtube anime reviewer talk me out of G Wing, despite not agreeing with a lot of other stuff he says, like his deep hatred for Mihoshi from the many Tenchi series. of course I'm just getting around to watching what he finds her so annoying in, and I'm liking it more than I thought I would, because of him.

Now that the rumbling has been activated, a vast field of Wall Titans and Eren sweep across the land, destroying everything in their path... just what will our small band of "heroes" be able to do to try and stop them?

The one hour special starts with the band trying to get the airship to take off. As they're about to fly into the air, Floch shows up and shoots bullets into the tank. It has to be patched up, but while the mechanics are working, the rumbling and Eren appears, ready to wipe them out. With no other options and not wanting to lose any more Titans, Hange Zoe makes a valiant display of skill and strength to take out enough Wall Titans for the rest of the band to escape. Unfortunately, she dies in the process.

With Armin now in command, the group flies towards Fort Salta, one of humanity's last great hopes for stopping the rumbling. The fort releases airships towards the oncoming rumbling, but is taken out by Eren's use of the Beast Titan. Just as it seems like there's no hope for the people left, Armin and company land right on top of Eren and in front of the Beast Titan, ready to either make Eren stop... or die trying.

What will happen to what's left of humanity? Look forward to Attack on Titan: The Final Chapters part 2 this fall! (y)

What will Vigilante Deku do on his own to stop the villains and defeat All For One once and for all? The battles continue... now.

All of Midoriya's fellow student heroes have shown up to try and stop him and make him see that he needs their help. Midoriya tries to get away using his new Quirks, but everyone combines their Quirks together, with Tenya Iida's being last, and successfully capture him. Their words slowly but surely get through to him, ending with Bakugo, who apologizes and tells him that he always rejected him because of how much stronger he was than Bakugo.

Midoriya trembles at this and finally goes with everyone back to U.A. High School, which has put up its super tough and layered barrier. However, waiting inside the shelter are all the civilians who say they don't want Midoriya to be brought back because it'll put them in danger. Midoriya knows this and tries to leave, but finally Uraraka grabs his hand to make him stay. When the heroes are suffering, who helps the heroes?

Uraraka is about to say something to everyone that may change their minds. Just what could it be?

Next time on My Hero Academia season six, episode twenty-four. "A Young Woman's Declaration." You won't want to miss it! Go beyond! Plus ultra! (y)

The only Gundam I've seen is the goofy G Gundam. I let a youtube anime reviewer talk me out of G Wing, despite not agreeing with a lot of other stuff he says, like his deep hatred for Mihoshi from the many Tenchi series. of course I'm just getting around to watching what he finds her so annoying in, and I'm liking it more than I thought I would, because of him.
SEED was the only Gundam I'd watched up until recently. G Gundam... sounds interesting lmao. I'd like to watch the original series after I finish up Wing, although I might be Gundamed out at that point and have to take a lil break again. I'm curious to know what that YouTuber didn't like about it!

Speaking of Gundam

Sunrise released a new trailer for season two of Witch from Mercury!
apparently at some point in the trailer Suletta reiterates her promise to get Miorine to her 17th birthday, at which point they can wed and Miorine ostensibly leave for Earth
which got me thinking "wow this series seems to place a really high importance on birthdays"
and then I remembered what happened on Eri's birthday in Episode 0 (and one could even say the original fake Elan on his "birthday"), particularly to Nadim
...really hoping Suletta doesn't die on Miorine's birthday lmao

I watched the season 2 finale of To Your Eternity today. This season had some ups and downs, but overall I still enjoyed the show. My thoughts are in the spoiler.

The introduction of Prince Bonchien Nikolai La Tasty Peach Uralis was a bit of a surprise. The character was so ridiculously flamboyant that he didn't feel like he belonged in this deeply introspective anime about surviving hardship and loss. However, I came around once his story began to unfold and I saw that under all of that spectacle he was a loyal and tender-hearted person. He masked his pain, fear, and uncertainty with a grandiose persona, but deep down he had a lot of insecurities. His ability to see spirits also gave a lot of insight into Fushi's abilities and through Bon's guidance Fushi was able to push his boundaries and do more than ever before.

I did have a very real issue with the character of Todo who was in love with Bon. Initially, Todo presents as a male and I was cool with that. However, later it's revealed that Todo is a actually a female who is mistaken for a male simply because she gained weight. When she loses that weight, Bon recognizes her as a girl he met when he was younger. The whole weight gain/loss aspect was very distasteful.

When Fushi learns that he can resurrect certain people, the show delves into the value of human life and how Fushi's humanity is tested when viewing other people as expendable due to their 'immortality'. I thought that was really well done, but then it almost feels pointless after the battle because he just brings everyone back.

At the very end, we see a spoiler of where the next season will take us. A significant amount of time has passed and Fushi is now in the modern day world with cars and he's shown holding a plastic cup of coffee. I'm really not sure I'm on board with this. I liked the fantasy old world feel of the first 2 seasons. I never expected him to end up in our world. I'll wait to see a season 3 trailer before I make any further judgements, but I'm not thrilled.

SEED was the only Gundam I'd watched up until recently. G Gundam... sounds interesting lmao. I'd like to watch the original series after I finish up Wing, although I might be Gundamed out at that point and have to take a lil break again. I'm curious to know what that YouTuber didn't like about it!

Speaking of Gundam

apparently at some point in the trailer Suletta reiterates her promise to get Miorine to her 17th birthday, at which point they can wed and Miorine ostensibly leave for Earth
which got me thinking "wow this series seems to place a really high importance on birthdays"
and then I remembered what happened on Eri's birthday in Episode 0 (and one could even say the original fake Elan on his "birthday"), particularly to Nadim

It is over 20 min. The guy is easier to watch than some reviewers, and is well informed, but I think he's attempting to lampoon some of the wrong titles for views. His review of G Gundam does have a lot of interesting comments.

Last edited:

Speaking of Gundam

Also this is a review of the movie that takes place after the series, so you might want to wait to watch it, but he does get into why he doesn't like the show, before he gets into movie details.

Also this is a review of the movie that takes place after the series, so you might want to wait to watch it, but he does get into why he doesn't like the show, before he gets into movie details.
Haha I was planning on waiting to watch it until afterward! It doesn't look too long, which is nice; tbh I don't watch my criticism so much as read it so a very long video is even more off-putting to me lmao

I watched the season 2 finale of To Your Eternity today. This season had some ups and downs, but overall I still enjoyed the show. My thoughts are in the spoiler.

The introduction of Prince Bonchien Nikolai La Tasty Peach Uralis was a bit of a surprise. The character was so ridiculously flamboyant that he didn't feel like he belonged in this deeply introspective anime about surviving hardship and loss. However, I came around once his story began to unfold and I saw that under all of that spectacle he was a loyal and tender-hearted person. He masked his pain, fear, and uncertainty with a grandiose persona, but deep down he had a lot of insecurities. His ability to see spirits also gave a lot of insight into Fushi's abilities and through Bon's guidance Fushi was able to push his boundaries and do more than ever before.

I did have a very real issue with the character of Todo who was in love with Bon. Initially, Todo presents as a male and I was cool with that. However, later it's revealed that Todo is a actually a female who is mistaken for a male simply because she gained weight. When she loses that weight, Bon recognizes her as a girl he met when he was younger. The whole weight gain/loss aspect was very distasteful.

When Fushi learns that he can resurrect certain people, the show delves into the value of human life and how Fushi's humanity is tested when viewing other people as expendable due to their 'immortality'. I thought that was really well done, but then it almost feels pointless after the battle because he just brings everyone back.

At the very end, we see a spoiler of where the next season will take us. A significant amount of time has passed and Fushi is now in the modern day world with cars and he's shown holding a plastic cup of coffee. I'm really not sure I'm on board with this. I liked the fantasy old world feel of the first 2 seasons. I never expected him to end up in our world. I'll wait to see a season 3 trailer before I make any further judgements, but I'm not thrilled.

I totally agree with your thoughts on the season and finale. Another thing that I found rather distasteful was what ultimately ended up happening with March. Tonari said she understood her pain and provided her with a means to end it, but I'm not sure that was a choice that should have been offered to a child. I'm not trying to touch on euthanasia in general in any way, I just thought this was a strange turn of events, especially because Tonari went on to live her life. I'm not sure Fushi would have been happy with that happening to March. Not that it really matters, I guess, because I suppose he can just revive her in Season 3. I'm really not feeling this new modern setting. I think the show will definitely lose some of its appeal.

Just finished the first season of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, and we're a couple of episodes into Season 2.

Ilulu's boobs are so big.

I totally agree with your thoughts on the season and finale. Another thing that I found rather distasteful was what ultimately ended up happening with March. Tonari said she understood her pain and provided her with a means to end it, but I'm not sure that was a choice that should have been offered to a child. I'm not trying to touch on euthanasia in general in any way, I just thought this was a strange turn of events, especially because Tonari went on to live her life. I'm not sure Fushi would have been happy with that happening to March. Not that it really matters, I guess, because I suppose he can just revive her in Season 3. I'm really not feeling this new modern setting. I think the show will definitely lose some of its appeal.
Yes, I totally agree with you about March! I felt like the show was supposed to be about the value of life, but some of the decisions in this season did the complete opposite. It cheapened and devalued life because Fushi can just bring them all back. But what about the insane amount of grief that March has experienced in her short little life? He could have stuck around for her sake, even just a little bit longer to make sure she would be okay, but instead he didn't even listen to any of their concerns and basically went 'away' without even a proper goodbye. It was really frustrating to watch.

Back