• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

the second season of gundum witch also looks great, but I still need to start the first haha. will watch eventually - 'Utena but with mechas' is a hard sell for me.
It's very very good, but I am both an Utena and a mecha fan (albeit kind of a casual for the latter).

Speaking of, I have spoilers for episode 16:
Miorine @ Prospera this episode:
EbavkbrXQAAlsVN.jpg

also me @ Prospera when she started preying on Miorine lmao

I'll be very sad if this does end in eight episodes, but certain things are looking that way while others are pointing at more. I think this could be a good 36 episode anime, or even 30 imo. I still feel like there are things left to explore here, but I suppose we shall see. I'm hoping a physical release comes to the West at some point, I'd definitely buy it.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tokito saves the kid from the fish-headed demon successfully, and they rush to go save the swordsmith. Meanwhile, Tanjiro is about to be taken out by the Joy Upper Four demon, but manages to evade death and even ride him to where Genya and Nezuko are. Genya evades death as well and catches the Upper Four demons off guard. Tanjiro uses his quick intuition to pull the polearm out of Nezuko and she saves him, but another one of the parts of the Upper Four demon comes back and knocks them to the ground.

With Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya on the verge of death, and Tokito busy going to save the swordsmith, it's up to Mitsuri to go and save the village and everyone in it! But will she arrive in time?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode five. "Bright Red Sword." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've posted here because I've been busy.

I recently finished RWBY volume 9. I was unsure about this season after seeing the trailer and sadly that feeling never went away. There were things I liked: new characters, tributes to Alice in Wonderland, deeply emotional self-examination, and heavy thought-provoking themes. And yet, it all felt like it could have been done...better? It seemed displaced from the RWBY universe, more like a spin-off than a true canonical story. If some of the same story elements had been used but in a setting that felt like it belonged on the same plane as Remnant I think I would have liked it much better. I know there are fairytale aspects in RWBY, but the Alice in Wonderland crossover was too blatant. I found myself wondering what direction the show would have taken if Monty Oum was still here.

Also, last weekend I started watching Made in Abyss! I've never watched it before so I'm starting with season 1. I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm already loving it and can't wait to watch more this weekend.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tokito and Kotetsu go and save another swordsmith, and then encounter Gyokko, one of the Upper Rank demons. Tokito engages him in battle, but is quickly trapped in his Blood Demon art, Water Prison Pot.

Meanwhile, Mitsuri makes it back to the village in time and takes care of the invading demons while saving the villagers. She then rushes to the chief of the Swordsmith Village and saves him as well.

At the same time, Tanjiro is being carried by Nezuko as they try to flee from the other Upper Rank demon. She then transforms his sword with her Blood Demon art, and Tanjiro uses a snazzy new Hinokami Kagura move, Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance to behead three of the bodies of the demon at once. Tanjiro then sees that Genya has beheaded the fourth, but at the cost of slowly turning into a demon himself. Will Genya complete the transformation into a demon?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode six. "Aren't You Going To Become A Hashira?" You won't want to miss it! (y)

Last edited:
I don't know if I mentioned it here, but I just started to watch season 5 of My Hero Academia. It's been so long since I watched season 4 that I can't remember my thoughts on it lol. I vaguely remember you asking my thoughts on both when I got around to watching it, Midoriya. But despite my crappy memory, I'd have to say that season 5 is shaping up on a much faster pace. Or at least being more interesting. Which is probably why I don't remember much of season 4. It was probably forgettable.

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but I just started to watch season 5 of My Hero Academia. It's been so long since I watched season 4 that I can't remember my thoughts on it lol. I vaguely remember you asking my thoughts on both when I got around to watching it, Midoriya. But despite my crappy memory, I'd have to say that season 5 is shaping up on a much faster pace. Or at least being more interesting. Which is probably why I don't remember much of season 4. It was probably forgettable.

Yeah, the show dips in quality during season four. Season five is when it picks back up though. And season six is just...

1683507121258.png

That wasn't to say that season 4 didn't have some good moments, but there must've been a lot of unnecessary moments to. Since I can only remember fragments lmao.

Yeah, the first arc where they're fighting the Shie Hassaikai is pretty good, but uh, the "school festival" arc after that was kind of subpar, lol. 💀

I started watching Bocchi the Rock! last night. I saw two eps and am enjoying it so far. From what I've seen so far, they portray social anxiety well and it makes me happy. Something like Komi Can't Communicate bothered me lots strictly because they classified social anxiety as quirky and kawaii for a waifu to have. I have social anxiety (but luckily not to the same degree as Bocchi) so it's frustrating to watch it being treated as funny and cute when it's not at all. It's crippling and destroys chances in life. Like Bocchi, I too turned to online life to make friends in my teen years and while it was super fun, not having many real life friends still serves as a problem today. Bocchi's internal thoughts are very realistic and I've had them myself. I look forward to seeing how she kicks it in the butt and maybe give some tips for me lol. Also the Pop Team Epic facial expressions are amazing and super unique for a show like this and I dig it. The VA for Bocchi nails it too.

Is it a moe blob show? Certainly. But it feels like a K-On! where it's just girls having fun instead of focusing on how hot they are and I like that so far. Hopefully that doesn't change the further I watch.

Oh nooo. A new figure of Shana from Shakugan no Shana went up for pre-order today. After the exchange rate, taxes, and shipping, it'd likely be over $500. 💀 One of the shows that initially got me into the medium.

View attachment 494312

I must be strong.
It’s so beautiful! 😭 I wouldn’t be able to resist! As I go look it up…

Oh nooo. A new figure of Shana from Shakugan no Shana went up for pre-order today. After the exchange rate, taxes, and shipping, it'd likely be over $500. 💀 One of the shows that initially got me into the medium.

View attachment 494312

I must be strong.
I haven't seen the series but that figure is gorgeous! Love the wings!

I've been enjoying demon slayer (the visuals this season are sooooooo amazing). It's funny because as I get older, I lean more toward shounen anime than I thought I would.

We also marathoned several episodes of the campfire cooking in another world show; no drama, lots of Japanese cooking, and you can walk away without missing much. It's a nice thing to watch while folding laundry or doing dishes.
Makes me crave Japanese food, though...

I don't watch as much anime as I used too before but here's ones Im currently watching!

Geijutsuka Art Design Class; Im really loving this one! Unfortunately I've seen some ratings on it and people calling it boring :(( As an artist myself there's some things I've barely learned from this anime which I've found pretty fascinating! I've also seen what I'm sure are manga covers, THEY LOOK SO AWESOMEMEM id recommend if you like comedy/slice of life (?) Or if your a artist! Beginner or advanced, whatever you are it does provide some cool things to know and learn about
moving on!
Lucky Star; I like it! I've started it a few months ago but haven't finished it yet, close though! I have mixed opinions on it but overall its keeping me entertained.
Banana Fish; Im rewatching this one, i honestly cannot get enough of it even though it still leaves me heartbroken <\\3 I love the artstyle and it's story it's so interesting to me

There's a few others but I'll leave off here since I'm tired now =_=

I don't watch as much anime as I used too before but here's ones Im currently watching!

Geijutsuka Art Design Class; Im really loving this one! Unfortunately I've seen some ratings on it and people calling it boring :(( As an artist myself there's some things I've barely learned from this anime which I've found pretty fascinating! I've also seen what I'm sure are manga covers, THEY LOOK SO AWESOMEMEM id recommend if you like comedy/slice of life (?) Or if your a artist! Beginner or advanced, whatever you are it does provide some cool things to know and learn about
moving on!
Lucky Star; I like it! I've started it a few months ago but haven't finished it yet, close though! I have mixed opinions on it but overall its keeping me entertained.
Banana Fish; Im rewatching this one, i honestly cannot get enough of it even though it still leaves me heartbroken <\\3 I love the artstyle and it's story it's so interesting to me

There's a few others but I'll leave off here since I'm tired now =_=
I'm curious to hear about your opinions on Lucky Star! It's one of those shows that, I wouldn't say hasn't aged well, but definitely is a product of its time lol. Was kinda more funny/relevant back in 2007 when it aired. It still makes me chuckle here and there but I struggle to do a full rewatch. I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's because I've aged and my tastes of changed, who knows.

i'm gonna rewatch given ! i first watched in 2019. ;D saw that i posted about it here so am gonna assume i watched it in the same year you know

It's been a while since I've posted here because I've been busy.

I recently finished RWBY volume 9. I was unsure about this season after seeing the trailer and sadly that feeling never went away. There were things I liked: new characters, tributes to Alice in Wonderland, deeply emotional self-examination, and heavy thought-provoking themes. And yet, it all felt like it could have been done...better? It seemed displaced from the RWBY universe, more like a spin-off than a true canonical story. If some of the same story elements had been used but in a setting that felt like it belonged on the same plane as Remnant I think I would have liked it much better. I know there are fairytale aspects in RWBY, but the Alice in Wonderland crossover was too blatant. I found myself wondering what direction the show would have taken if Monty Oum was still here.

Also, last weekend I started watching Made in Abyss! I've never watched it before so I'm starting with season 1. I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm already loving it and can't wait to watch more this weekend.
I never watched RWBY, but I have a friend who was really into it and hyping up the volume 9. So after seeing them post clips and stuff on Twitter I just decided to watch the last few episodes. I know that's cheating, but I didn't want to really invest so much time into a show. I think pacing with the show is a huge issue. Could just be me jumping in with no clue about the characters and all that, but it didn't look like they really gave scenes the time they needed to blossom. It was more of a rigid schedule they just wanted to keep and were adamant about it.

Like there's really no acknowledgment that Ruby dies by her friends. They just brush it off and then later they are all sunshine and rainbows because paper people are rock people or something. Bad pacing and writing in my opinion.

I never watched RWBY, but I have a friend who was really into it and hyping up the volume 9. So after seeing them post clips and stuff on Twitter I just decided to watch the last few episodes. I know that's cheating, but I didn't want to really invest so much time into a show. I think pacing with the show is a huge issue. Could just be me jumping in with no clue about the characters and all that, but it didn't look like they really gave scenes the time they needed to blossom. It was more of a rigid schedule they just wanted to keep and were adamant about it.

Like there's really no acknowledgment that Ruby dies by her friends. They just brush it off and then later they are all sunshine and rainbows because paper people are rock people or something. Bad pacing and writing in my opinion.
Yeah, in my opinion the show has kind of gone downhill after the creator passed away. I'm still invested enough to want to see how it ends, but volume 9 was like a side quest. They dropped the entire main plotline and plopped some of the characters in another world for no real purpose. That's just how I felt anyway.

I haven't posted here in awhile ^^ But I recently made an area on my island thats dedicated to one of my favorite manga! I wanted to see if anyone knew where its from! Since this is an anime thread!

Im curious if anyone knows the manga/anime :)

2024042615280700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

(Ngl these two villagers are really big hints)

Last edited:
Back