• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

What will Vigilante Deku do on his own to stop the villains and defeat All For One once and for all? The battles continue... now.

With the civilians not wanting Midoriya inside the U.A. barrier because Shigaraki is after him, Ochaco has no choice but to go atop the tower with a megaphone and shout out to everyone about how he needs a place to rest. About how safe the place is, and how everyone should be supporting him too, and not just the other way around. Ending her speech with the saying that even people with special powers are not special.

Someone from the crowd starts chiming in and one by one the people begin to accept that Midoriya needs a base of operations, along with the other heroes, in order to defeat Shigaraki with All For One and all the villains. This change of events surprises even Hawks himself.

Meanwhile, All Might goes to try and bring back the rest of the evacuate-rejecters, but unbeknownst to him and everyone else, a sinister presence is following him...

IT'S HERE! NEXT TIME, ON MY HERO ACADEMIA SEASON SIX, EPISODE TWENTY-FIVE, THE FINALE! "No Man Is an Island." You won't want to miss it! Go beyond! Plus.... ULTRA! (y)

Everything's fine now. Why? Because the season finale... is HERE!

All Might has a run-in with Stain the Hero Killer. At first Stain doesn't believe that he's actually All Might, but oddly enough he passes information from Tartarus along to him and tells him to come back and defeat him one day.

Meanwhile, Midoriya rests and recovers and everyone is already used to knowing that Midoriya is the 9th holder of One For All. All Might comes back and Midoriya, the rest of the heroes, and him talk, with him saying he's acquired information.

All Might also has a talk with the police force and says that based on the new information and what they know, instead of Shigaraki's All For One form being complete in two months, it will only take three more days...

With a high sense of urgency, the world leaders gather to send out heroes from their countries to fight Shigaraki in his new form. However, one of them is already on their way, an old disciple of All Might's, Stars and Stripes. She is the top hero of the United States of America and is on her way to fight Shigaraki.

Midoriya and the others from Class 1-A have a newfound conviction to defeat Shigaraki and All For One once and for all and get everything back, and make the world an even better place than it was before.

And now for a season in review!

While previous seasons of My Hero Academia may have fallen off the wagon a bit in terms of quality, season six doesn't pull any smashes, as it gathers what season five did well to set it up, and sets it all out on display. The gruesome fights and darker tone to season six is a new direction for the series that follows the manga, and a much needed one to show the other side of how things can go. From the fights to the story-writing to the new characters introduced, My Hero Academia season six maintains a high level of quality on par with both of its amazing openings. Perhaps one of the only flaws with the season is the very fast pacing, although that is to be expected since the story still follows the manga.

My Hero Academia season six ranks in at a perfect 10/10 on the anime scale. Until next time. See ya!

Y'all! Bungo Stray Dogs season 5 has been announced for July 2023! Daaang! That's so awesome! I'm skeptical since April Fools Day is right around the corner lol but if it's legit, that's crazy that it's so soon! It would explain why it took a long time for season 4.

Yeah I saw that season 5 got announced today too! I couldn't believe it either just 3 months away and season 4 I think literally just finished up today haha. I still need to finish up season 4 I got to episode 7 I think and decided I wanted to let more episodes build up then binge the rest, it's been really amazing so far. Kinda crazy too since I saw it took nearly 4 years for season 4 to come out, guess I became a fan of the show at the right time lol.

Decided I wanted to rewatch MHA before I finished up season 6 as well since it's been a while since i rewatched it all, so that's what I've been mostly watching lately. It's funny rewatching it and noticing things I didn't pay much mind to the first time I saw it, the story really has been building up for what's happening in season 6 this whole time but just didn't really notice it before.

I’m at the beginning of the third season for My Hero Academia. I’ve been binging it and ended up taking a long break, but I recently got back into it. I just couldn’t find it in me to sit down and watch again. I love the show, but I have to be in the mood to watch things.

I hope to catch up soon and be able to watch the newest season.

Finally finished season 6 of MHA, might be my favorite season of MHA which is saying something because I have crazy nostalgia for the previous seasons. The Deku vs Class 1-A episode might be the most emotional I've ever gotten watching anime before, it was just perfect in every way possible had my grown self crying like a baby lol.

So many interesting storylines heading into season 7 now with Shigaraki/AFO about to be 100% completed, but I'm also super curious as to what Dabi and Toga are going to be up to next season as well. I guess we all know what Dabi wants which is to make Endeavor and his family lives as much as a living hell as possible, but I feel like Toga is such a wildcard I'm not really sure what she wants other then to do whatever she feels like doing. Looks like Stain could be a very interesting character as well next season, seems like his loyalty is with All Might but everybody else who knows.

I'm just happy Deku is back at UA now, as strong as he has gotten now he's still just one person and there's an army of villains now after him. He's gonna need all the backup he can get, looks like America is on the way to save the day though at least haha.

Time to finish up the rest of season 4 of Bungo Stray Dogs now! Think I'll just rewatch the season from the beginning, super excited to binge this.

Last edited:
After the brutal fight with an upper rank demon, a new season of Demon Slayer begins... now!

We got to see Tanjiro come out of his coma with the hilariousness of Inosuke being on the ceiling and watching him. Meanwhile, Zenitsu is off on a mission with other Demon Slayer Corps members. Tengen basically walked himself off the battlefield with his wives despite being badly wounded and poisoned, lol...

But Tanjiro finally arrives at the Swordsmith Village! This is the place where all of the new Demon Slayer Corps swords are made, for slaying demons. More funny skits with Mitsuri Kanroji, one of the Hashiras, as Tanjiro runs into her. He also spots the Mist Hashira there as well. Tanjiro decides to stay in the village for now in order to get a new sword... but lurking in the depths are two more upper rank demons... frustrated by their last loss, they seek revenge against the Demon Slayer Corps. Just how will Tanjiro and allies handle this new threat?

Coming up next, season three, episode two. "Yoriichi Type Zero." I'll get to this one later. ⚔️

Last edited:
I've started watching 3 anime airing this season.

Hell's Paradise
This one seems pretty promising so far. Interesting story and characters plus lots of action. I can't wait to keep watching. 🌺

Ancient Magus' Bride (Season 2)
I loved the first season, so I was excited to see this anime return. The story's just getting started, but I'm hoping for good things. ♈

Konosuba: An Explosion on this Wonderful World
This show is as silly and fun as I would expect from a prequel based in Megumin's village. 💥

Belle (movie, English dub)
I wanted to see if this is something that my niece would be interested in watching, since she loves to sing. The songs and visuals were gorgeous. I was instantly hooked with the opening song “U”. The plot became messy towards the end, but not enough to refuse watching it again in the future.

This easter egg caught me off guard, but it was a nice surprise. My nephew loves Pete the Cat.
5BD0A1A1-ED1C-438E-80A3-E6636BE74399.jpeg

Yesterday I finally finished Blade of the Immortal and I really loved it. It was a very thoughtful anime with deep character motivations and development. The art style and audio choices (utilizing everything from silence to nature sounds to haunting tunes played on classic Japanese instruments) made the experience feel unique. The story was moving and, while I often questioned Rin's decisions, I didn't consider that a detriment to the story because I don't understand why everyone in real life does the things they do and the characters felt real enough that I could extend that same courtesy to them. 10/10

Disclaimer: The anime has a lot of blood and gore and covers themes that could be very triggering for some people.

This easter egg caught me off guard, but it was a nice surprise. My nephew loves Pete the Cat.
My nephews love Pete the Cat too! That's a cool thing to pop up

Edit: I just realized what movie you're talking about, I saw that back in theaters when it came out two years ago! I did not know about Pete the Cat then

Last edited:
Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tanjiro has a run-in with the Mist Hashira, Tokito, who he tries to stop from taking a kid's key for a Mechanical Doll. Tanjiro fails, however, and is easily knocked out by Tokito. When Tanjiro wakes up he finds out that the kid's name is Kotetsu, and as thanks for standing up for him, Kotetsu vows to train Tanjiro to become even stronger using the Mechanical Doll.

The Mechnical Doll is known as Yoriichi Type Zero, and has been around for centuries. As Tanjiro begins to develop his skills as a swordsman and is able to see ahead of the Opening Thread, the doll breaks apart from his attack, thus revealing a sword from over 300 years ago! Just what will happen after this astonishing discovery?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode three. "A Sword from Over 300 Years Ago." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Last edited:
It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m almost halfway through Scum’s Wish. It’s mainly romance, but those are the types of media I can indulge in. I’m enjoying it so far. I’m glad it’s shorter, too, since I can’t really get into the longer anime (ie: One Piece — that’s super long) with few exceptions.

Also, I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I started watching Demon Slayer a few months back. It’s been easy to follow for someone newer to anime and I’m into it. My favorite character has definitely been Giyu Tomioka.

Note: I’m not yet on the third season of Demon Slayer, but I’m getting there. I’ve just been working a lot lately.

It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m almost halfway through Scum’s Wish. It’s mainly romance, but those are the types of media I can indulge in. I’m enjoying it so far. I’m glad it’s shorter, too, since I can’t really get into the longer anime (ie: One Piece — that’s super long) with few exceptions.
I haven't heard of that before so I looked it up, seems like a fairly unique premise/perspective when it comes to anime!
And I tend to prefer shorter series as well.

I realized recently when my VPN I can finally watch a bunch of Ghibli movies on Netflix I've never seen before so that's probably what I'll watch next for anime. For AoT I'm waiting until fall when the final part airs to watch the final parts.

I've never watched it, but I've heard good things about Scum's Wish. Maybe I should check it out sometime.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tanjiro and Kotetsu discover the sword from the Sengoku period, at which point Haganezuka wrestles it from them and says he will polish and restore it.

Meanwhile...

An unsuspecting swordsmith dies in a vase. Yes, a vase.

...which actually turns out to be an Upper Rank demon. Ooo!

Tanjiro and the Mist Hashira Tokito are then talking when ANOTHER Upper Rank demon crawls into the room. Tokito quickly beheads it, but Tanjiro knows from his previous fight that Upper Rank demons don't die immediately once they're beheaded all the time. The demon multiplies into four. Tokito is flung away! Genya is stabbbbbbbbed. Tanjiro hails a cab! Or a... flying demon I should say, that came from the earlier one. He's flung into the forest, and is on the verge of being killed.

With all the mayhem unfolding, Tokito remembers Tanjiro's words about helping others and goes to save the little kid that's about to be an animal cracker snack for the big fish-headed demon.

Just how will Tanjiro and others regroup from this invasion of Upper Rank demons???

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode four. "Thank You, Tokito." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Last edited:
I dont watch much Anime, but one show I’ve seen is Kirby Right Back at Ya!
The show is absolutely amazing!
The JP and dub theme songs are BANGERS (JP ver has two theme songs)!
Also, there never seams to be a dull moment in the anime, it’s either the action, Kirby being downright ADORABLE, or some funny stuff happening, this has to be one of my favorite shows/movies based off of Nintendo series, and if you love Kirby, I’d recommend this anime! I’ve seen somebody put every episode (yep, all 100 of them!) onto YouTube, but I think they’re being taken down, so I’d watch the ones still on there while you can (there in Japanese, but most of them are subbed)

I'm watching (arguably) far too many shows this season:

Oshi no Ko - haven't started yet
Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia: nice astronomy SoL
Mahoutsukai no Yome Season 2: I enjoyed the first season and am already loving the second in its college setting
Tonikaku Kawaii 2nd Season: same as above. I liked the first season and am on board for the second. Very sweet!
Skip to Loafer: seems like an adorable SoL so far - funny & relatable as someone who also grew up in a smaller town
Tengoku Daimakyou: didn't know anything about this one, but intriguing Sci-Fi mystery story so far
Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru: more of a classic shoujo story (sucker for them, so, of course, it's on my watch list)

Pleasantly surprised with the stacked selection this season.

haven't touched seasonal anime in a hot minute (last was ranking of kings), but there were a number of things that caught my eye this time around!

love the skip to loafer manga and was super happy about the adaptation being announced. the animation/art style so far is every bit as soft and sweet as the source material, and the slow and grounded take on highschool romance is refreshing.

oshi no ko is a bit of a harder recommend, but if you can look past some of the weird ~animeisms~ you'll find a snappy and engaging story. the first episode is the length of a feature film and is vivid eye candy. definitely go into it blind.

the second season of gundum witch also looks great, but I still need to start the first haha. will watch eventually - 'Utena but with mechas' is a hard sell for me.

re: scum's wish, for the people looking into it in this thread - I liked it a lot more than I thought I would! if you can stomach copious amounts of melodrama it can be a fun watch, with an ending that surprised me (in a good way). the art is also subtle but lovely.

Back