• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Yeah, in my opinion the show has kind of gone downhill after the creator passed away. I'm still invested enough to want to see how it ends, but volume 9 was like a side quest. They dropped the entire main plotline and plopped some of the characters in another world for no real purpose. That's just how I felt anyway.
I'm just basing my opinion on the little bit I did see. Just don't want to invest that much time watching 9 seasons of a show. I did see that they have this Justice League/RWBY crossover and the way they portrayed Batman and Wonder Woman is hilarious. It's like they gave the writing rights to a fan-fiction 13 yr old writer lol.

Demon Slayer is great for a starting anime. If I’m curious about an anime, I’ll watch the first three episodes and continue if it catches my attention. I just found Demon Slayer not only intriguing but very easy to follow for someone newer to anime.

It’s also nice seeing all the Demon Slayer stuff. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been at work and some kid or young adult walks in wearing a Demon Slayer shirt. It’s a nice conversation starter, especially with anime in general growing in popularity.

I'm just basing my opinion on the little bit I did see. Just don't want to invest that much time watching 9 seasons of a show. I did see that they have this Justice League/RWBY crossover and the way they portrayed Batman and Wonder Woman is hilarious. It's like they gave the writing rights to a fan-fiction 13 yr old writer lol.
I have seen the Justice League/RWBY crossover. It was fun for what it was. Not to be taken seriously, of course, but Batman was really hilarious.

Finally finished the dub of My Hero Academia season six... it was every bit as amazing as I thought it would be, just like the sub was. MHA is one of the few shows where the dub is good too imo.

Not sure what I'm going to watch next. I know I'm watching weekly Demon Slayer episodes, but other than that, nothing. I'm kind of on an anime break though since I watched so much last year, including finishing Naruto Shippuden. Once I feel like it, however, I'm going to start Haikyuu! To The Top next, since that's a show I've been wanting to watch for awhile (and it combines two of my favorite things, sports and anime, so why wouldn't I watch it?).

Haikyuu is also something I’ve been wanting to watch. I feel like it’s something I’d be into since it has to do with sports, like you said. I actually watched the first episode a while ago only to get an idea what it was about, but hadn’t picked up since. It’s actually one of the first shows I’ve seen when I searched for “top sports anime.”

On the topic of sports anime, have you considered watching Blue Lock? Anime in the sports genre honestly hold my attention more than any other genre I’ve watched. I know anime is very broad and I always felt like I’ve been trying to get into the wrong genre, when there are other anime more up my alley — not to say I’m not into other genres, but they don’t hold my interest nearly as much. I can indulge in sports anime.

I think Blue Lock is great, and I’m looking forward to season 2. I’ll be waiting for the dubbed, though.

Last edited:
On the topic of sports anime, have you considered watching Blue Lock? Anime in the sports genre honestly hold my attention more than any other genre I’ve watched. I know anime is very broad and I always felt like I’ve been trying to get into the wrong genre, when there are other anime more up my alley — not to say I’m not into other genres, but they don’t hold my interest nearly as much. I can indulge in sports anime.

I think Blue Lock is great, and I’m looking forward to season 2. I’ll be waiting for the dubbed, though.

I've seen people say good things about Blue Lock. Personally, from the snippets I saw of it, I'm not a fan. More power to those that enjoy it, however!

I finished the first season of Blue Lock. I think I binged it in a little under three days? This is the first anime I felt like I could indulge in and couldn’t wait to find out what was next. I got so deep into this, lol.

Planning on watching Haikyuu in the next few days while I wait for the second season of Blue Lock. I think I’ll start from the very beginning since I’ve only seen the first episode of Haikyuu.

I dropped A Place Further Than The Universe after giving it a second try. I just don't find the story engaging and the characters feel flat. You would think an anime about four girls going to Antarctica would be exciting, but it's not.

I'm finally continuing The Quintessential Quintuplets season 2. It's as delightful as the first season.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya continue their battle against the Four Emotions Upper Rank demon. Genya is in some sort of regeneration mode which allows him to take hits and regenerate himself. Tanjiro notices that even after beheading the four demons, they don't disappear, and searches for the fifth demon, the "head" of this Upper Rank demon. He and Nezuko get distracted by the four parts, however, so Tanjiro tells Genya to go search for it and behead it. Genya tries to, but is unable to with his attacks. Therefore, he shields Tanjiro from a devastating blow, and then Tanjiro tries his chance at beheading the head of the Upper Rank demon. Will he succeed?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode seven. "Awful Villain." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Bocchi the Rock! is getting an official english manga release in October this year! That mixed with all the Bungo Stray Dogs Wan and Laid Back Camp releases, it's been solid for the manga releases!

i started watching hunter x hunter a few months ago, but i've sort of stalled out. i really like it, but i just can't seem to make myself watch any more. :( maybe i'll take a break from one piece to catch up a bit

As Tanjiro is about to behead the small body of the Upper Four demon, he is attacked by the emotions bodies combined. Genya had witnessed the Anger Demon consume the others, and fuse into an even stronger demon. Now, Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko must face off against a foe unlike any one they've met thus far.

Meanwhile, Tokito is still stuck in the Water Prison Pot Blood Demon Art from the other Upper Ranked demon. At first, he thinks he's going to die and gives up, but the kid he saved comes back and gives him air into his lungs, enabling him to break out of the move with his own. Will Tokito get inside the shack in time to save Haganezuka from the demon while Haganezuka is still crafting the legendary sword?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode eight. "The Mu in Muichiro." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I don't know if this is the right place but do any of you have live action/western movie recommendations for someone who likes slice of life anime?

I just finished watching To Every You I’ve Loved Before. Without spoiling much, let’s just say that this the first time that I regret choosing blue. I should have started with the other movie first. I was confused throughout the whole film.

As Tokito pulls the spikes out of him after escaping the Water Prison Pot Blood Demon art, some lesser demons begin to gang up on him. We get some backstory on him, about how his mother and father were both kindhearted people. His mother, however, became deathly ill, and while going to get herbs for her, his father fell off a cliff and died in a storm.

With no mother or father left at a young age, Tokito spent his days with his brother, Yuichiro, who was harsh to him and said helping others isn't a good thing. He even pushed away the notion of them becoming swordsmen.

One fateful night, a demon invaded their shack, and Yuichiro saved Muichiro from a deadly attack, leaving him without his arm. In a fit of rage, Muichiro killed the demon by leaving it paralyzed outside until the sun came up. As Yuichiro was dying, he prayed that only he would suffer, and Muichiro would be okay.

Remembering all of this, and his brother's final words about him being kindhearted and helping others, Tokito unlocked new strength and became even faster than before, gaining marks on his face like Tanjiro has. Tokito made quick work of the lesser demons and then slashed Gyokko, protecting Haganezuka and the other swordsmith. After dealing a couple more wounds to the Upper Rank demon, now, the real fight begins...

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode nine. "Mist Hashira Muichiro Tokito." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Just saw Bungo Stray Dogs season 5 is set to come out on July 12th! Really excited for it haven't really been watching any anime for the last month or so as all my free time lately has been me playing Zelda like an addict :LOL:, but starting to get that anime itch again that needs scratching. Season 4 was really good but kinda left off at a weird place, just happy don't have to wait much longer for the new season as I'm ready to see what happens next.

Oh and I also watched Spy x Family for the first time about month ago as well, I held off on watching it cause wasn't sure it was the kinda anime for me but honestly I absolutely loved it. Probably the most wholesome and funny new show I've watched in a while, I really loved the family dynamic they had going on and all the characters. Even characters like Becky and Damian that I didn't think I'd like turned out to be great, definitely highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Back