• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

I watched two episodes of Haikyuu! I obviously just started, so I can’t form much of an opinion yet. Blue Lock is still one of my top anime, but I’m hoping I can get the same enjoyment out of Haikyuu. (It seems promising so far, in my opinion!) It’ll be nice to get into another sports anime!

I caught up with Oshi No Ko manga (ch. 119) and I just wanna say something.

It’s funny now seeing comments from the anime-only people argue whether it should be Akane or Kana who ends up with Aqua. Right now, having read the manga, I personally want none of them to be with Aqua anymore, I need Aqua to stay 10 million miles away from these girls. 😭 I feel especially bad for Kana bc she doesn’t know ANYTHING about Aqua so she’s so easily manipulated, whereas Akane slowly pieced together the story and actively just wanted to help Aqua (until his latest stint). I’m all for angst but Aqua has been sending so many mixed signals it’s insane, it’s driving me nuts thinking about how he truly feels for these two girls. How much of what he’s said is a lie? How much is true? Does he even know how to love anymore? What is love?

When he complimented Kana and she became all flustered and left, he basically admitted to how easy it would be to manipulate her and ohhhhh boy my blood BOILED. I remember some chapters ago he said he wanted to keep Kana close because he wanted to use her I think? Or something along those lines ohhhh I‘m so mad.

I’m biased but basically I want to protect Kana that’s all. I just want her to be happy my bbgirl 😭 Also I have nothing against the story itself, the reason why I’m so passionate about this whole debacle is precisely because how well it’s written lmao I’m so invested it hurts 😭

Last edited:
anyone else feel like anime just isnt hitting the same for them anymore?

idk if its just a combination of growing up, falling out of the target demo, and tastes changing but i find myself dropping all the newer anime i try. i was watching "oshi no ko" with my gf recently but we both agreed it wasn't worth continuing as soon as it started turning into another weird harem thing. afterwards i started this 2004 anime "monster" and it was really good, it's definitely a more mature story and i found it to be a lot more interesting. maybe its just me but I wish we'd see less series focusing on highschoolers and middleschoolers and more series about adults?

anyone else feel like anime just isnt hitting the same for them anymore?

idk if its just a combination of growing up, falling out of the target demo, and tastes changing but i find myself dropping all the newer anime i try. i was watching "oshi no ko" with my gf recently but we both agreed it wasn't worth continuing as soon as it started turning into another weird harem thing. afterwards i started this 2004 anime "monster" and it was really good, it's definitely a more mature story and i found it to be a lot more interesting. maybe its just me but I wish we'd see less series focusing on highschoolers and middleschoolers and more series about adults?
I feel this too. I'm in my late twenties so it should come to no surprise that content intended for teens isn't appealing to me much anymore.

Funny enough, two shows I've been watching are Bungo Stray Dogs and Spy x Family, both of which contain main characters as adults. I do love some anime that have teens, of course, but I've gotten picky over what I watch.

The typical tropes don't do it for me either. Usually I can tell what route a show is going and stop watching which saves me a lot of time that I wasted earlier on when I was more new to anime.

I still like anime, that isn't going away anytime soon, but I definitely am not the target audience for a lot of it.

I don't really care what age the protagonist or main characters are as long as the story is good and the animation is good... but maybe that's just me. I do know there's plenty of anime that have adult protagonists already, they're just not as prevalent or easy to find...

I still like anime, that isn't going away anytime soon, but I definitely am not the target audience for a lot of it.
Anime is also very broad. It’s not a genre per say, but there are lots of genres within anime. You (not you, just generally speaking) certainly cannot watch one anime and think “this isn’t for me.” A lot of people aren’t the target audience, but I know that it’s given up on by some because it’s all seen as one whole genre that’s the same when that just isn’t the case.

Unknowingly, I felt that way as a high schooler. I refused to give other anime a chance because I tried two that just weren’t my cup of tea. For those curious, the two were Fairy Tail and Soul Eater. Try to think about what non anime shows you are into and go from there. This way you can see if anime really isn’t your thing.

I recently found a few I’ve been really into. I believe I was looking within the wrong genre.

Anime is also very broad. It’s not a genre per say, but there are lots of genres within anime. You (not you, just generally speaking) certainly cannot watch one anime and think “this isn’t for me.” A lot of people aren’t the target audience, but I know that it’s given up on by some because it’s all seen as one whole genre that’s the same when that just isn’t the case.

Unknowingly, I felt that way as a high schooler. I refused to give other anime a chance because I tried two that just weren’t my cup of tea. For those curious, the two were Fairy Tail and Soul Eater. Try to think about what non anime shows you are into and go from there. This way you can see if anime really isn’t your thing.

I recently found a few I’ve been really into. I believe I was looking within the wrong genre.
Oh absolutely. I've seen lots of various genres within anime to know what I prefer to stick to (supernatural, slice of life, mystery, drama) and what to avoid (harems, ecchi, isekai, sports, mecha). Those that watch one anime and dismiss anime as a whole are definitely missing out imo. It's something you gotta explore and figure out for yourself.

I'm glad you found your niche! That's half the battle!

I agree with everyone else above. A lot of the popular anime series tend to have younger main characters because that is the target demographic, but there are plenty of anime out there with adult characters or some that may have younger characters who are dealing with serious, adult-level situations. Most of the time, you have to dig a little deeper to find those shows but they do exist.

Speaking of which, I just finished season 1 of Made in Abyss today and I cried my eyes out. The last episode was so emotional. I know there's a movie in between season 1 and season 2 that is canon, so I'm going to try to find time to watch that next. After that, I'm not sure what to do about season 2 because apparently it's a Hi-Dive exclusive. I may have to get a free trial or something to watch it when I'm ready. I watched season 1 on Amazon Prime.

Last edited:
Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Tokito and the Upper Rank demon Gyokko continue to face off against each other. With newfound strength and speed, Tokito manages to get Gyokko riled up and evades his aggressive attacks. And then, with one special move, it's over in an instant! Gyokko gets beheaded and disintegrates into nothing. Gyokko's downfall was his arrogance, which made his senses dull so that he couldn't accurately predict Tokito's next moves. We get a special scene at the end in which Rengoku told Tokito to do his best. RIP Rengoku. 🥲

Meanwhile, Tanjiro and company struggle desperately against the other Upper Rank demon, which has combined into a more powerful demon. Just when it seems like it's over for Tanjiro, Love Hashira Mitsuri Kanroji shows up and saves him, and then goes to face the powerful demon. Will she be able to succeed?

Next time on Demon Slayer season three, episode ten. "Love Hashira Mitsuri Kanroji." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I think I’ve watched enough of Haikyuu to form an opinion on it now. I really like it. I’ll be honest: I watched the first episode a few months back and I wasn’t sure about it. I had my reservations. I hadn’t picked it up again until recently, and I’m up to episode six, as of this post.

I’m not sure if I will love it as much as Blue Lock, but it’s up there for sure. I didn’t really understand much about volleyball before the anime, but I was able to learn a little more about it. Not sure what was holding me back at first, but I’m emotionally invested now.

Today I watched the Made in Abyss movie Dawn of the Deep Soul which is the follow up to season 1 and precursor to season 2. I thought I had some idea of just how messed up this story was going to get. Nope. Prushka's storyline wrecked me. 😭

I must be a glutton for punishment because all I want to do is watch more.

We interrupt your normally scheduled broadcast to announce that...

I finally watched the third My Hero Academia movie, My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission!

I thought the movie was really good. Rody Soul was an interesting character with a unique Quirk that Midoriya got to meet. I did find it a bit odd how the villains basically gave the heroes almost enough time to find and remove the Quirk Factor Trigger Bombs, but the way in which Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Rody won was AWESOME! All of them were pushed to their limits and managed to come out on top by going beyond. Flect Turn and his Quirk made for an interesting and difficult fight for Midoriya, but ultimately Midoriya came out on top by using an ultimate move with One For All.

My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission ranks in at a solid 8/10 on the anime movie scale. Until next time!

We interrupt your normally scheduled broadcast to announce that...

I finally watched the third My Hero Academia movie, My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission!

I thought the movie was really good. Rody Soul was an interesting character with a unique Quirk that Midoriya got to meet. I did find it a bit odd how the villains basically gave the heroes almost enough time to find and remove the Quirk Factor Trigger Bombs, but the way in which Midoriya, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Rody won was AWESOME! All of them were pushed to their limits and managed to come out on top by going beyond. Flect Turn and his Quirk made for an interesting and difficult fight for Midoriya, but ultimately Midoriya came out on top by using an ultimate move with One For All.​
Got me wanting to rewatch this movie now haha, Heroes Rising is my favorite MHA movie but I think the story in this one was the best out of the 3 movies. Plus Rody is just a fantastic character, wouldn't mind seeing him in the actual anime somehow.

I’m slowly watching more episodes of Haikyuu. I really like it. It’s definitely a different feel than Blue Lock even though both are sports anime. Blue Lock takes a different approach which some may not like, but I love it. In my opinion, it’s more of a shonen that has to do with sports.

Blue Lock is definitely still my favorite right now. Haikyuu is the only other sports anime I’ve watched and it’s nice to see their approach. I really like it, as well. I’m happy both shows are continuing.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! A new episode of Demon Slayer is here!

Mitsuri saves Tanjiro and then goes to fight the younger combined Upper Rank demon. After getting a bit overconfident, she doesn't realize until Tanjiro tells her that the emotion body of the demon isn't the main body and gets hit by a big sonic sound attack. However, Mitsuri manages to withstand it thanks to her strong constitution. As she blacks out for a bit, we get some backstory on her, how no boy/man wanted to marry her because she eats a lot, is super strong, and has pink hair. At one point she dyed her hair black in order to try and get married, but was afraid of living the rest of her life as a lie.

Mitsuri was reassured by the leader of the Demon Slayer Corps that people just envy her talent and want to be her. From then on she went back to being her natural self and became a Hashira, and became exceptionally good at it too.

As Mitsuri was about to get her head punched off by the emotion body of the Upper Rank demon, Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Genya took her to the ground to save her. To show her thanks and uphold her Hashira responsibilities, she then took on the emotion body of the Upper Rank demon while Tanjiro and the others searched for the main body. They finally found it, and thanks to Genya and Nezuko, are on the verge of wiping it out. Will they be successful though?

NEXT TIME ON DEMON SLAYER SEASON THREE, THE FINALE! "A Connected Bond: Daybreak and First Light." You definitely won't want to miss it! (y)

Finished watching Michiko and Hatchin recently. I liked it even though it left me with a lot of questions at the end.

Now I’m finally getting around watching Cowboy Beebop for the first time!

Finished watching Michiko and Hatchin recently. I liked it even though it left me with a lot of questions at the end.

Now I’m finally getting around watching Cowboy Beebop for the first time!

Awesome! I hope you enjoy watching Cowboy Bebop. It truly is one of the best out there. :giggle:

Away from the topic of sports anime — Prior to watching Haikyuu, I had the urge to watch Mob Psycho 100. I watched quite a few episodes of that and it was… way better than I thought. It’s a show I took a break from so I could watch Haikyuu, but I’ll definitely get back into it at some point. Sports anime are just taking priority for me at the moment, lol.

I actually regret not watching some of these sooner. The only reason I knew about Blue Lock was because of some random recommendation on Reddit. That was the first anime I really got into, like deep into.
I even got some merch from that one, lol.

Back