• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Super exited for the Demon Slayer season 3 finale on Sunday! I'm also currently watching an anime with my boyfriend called Mongolian Chop Squad. I'm really enjoying it so far, we're on episode 7. There are a total of 26 episoes. It's fun to watch especially because I'm learning ukulele and my boyfriend has played guitar for like 10 years, I played violin growing up, and am also learning keyboard, so we're both really into music. :)

"Koyuki Tanaka's boring life is changed after meeting Ryusuke Minami, a local musician with a bad attitude, who introduces him to foreign music."

Last edited:
I'm rewatching some episodes of the Nelvana dub for Cardcaptor Sakura. There are many issues with it, as everyone knows, and I'd never recommend it to anyone lol but there's something so old school about it that it's charming all the same. I do wish the name pronunciations and translations were actually right though. It's distracting.

Finished Buddy Daddies last night. Started off weak imo, but it got sooo good. Shame it's only one season though.

I'm also sad that it was only one season. I was satisfied with the ending, but I just got so attached to the characters that I would have been happy with a few more episodes.

Party hard and get ready to SLAY! The SEASON FINALE OF DEMON SLAYER/KIMETSU NO YAIBA IS HERE!!

Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko work together to try and kill the Upper Rank Four demon, Hantengu. Meanwhile, Misturi holds off the combined other body of the demon and its vicious attacks.

Tanjiro attacks the demon, but it grows in size and unleashes a sound wave on Tanjiro and Genya. It then jumps off a cliff with Tanjiro and Nezuko following. Tanjiro uses Hinokami Kagura to behead the demon, but unfortunately for him Hantengu's real body is within the heart of the bigger body. Hantengu then runs away and starts chasing three humans to try and eat them and regain his energy.

As the sun is coming up, Tanjiro has to make a choice though. Save Nezuko from burning to ashes in the sun since she's a demon, or go and kill Hantengu once and for all. Unable to decide, Nezuko decides for him by kicking him into the air. Tanjiro cries and then steels himself, using the new sword forged by Haganezuka and his Hinokami Kagura technique in order to behead Hantengu's real body once and for all.

Even though he's won, Tanjiro sinks to the ground, crying that Nezuko is gone forever, since she was the reason he started on this journey. However, the others tell him to look, and lo and behold, Nezuko is okay and is able to withstand the sun! Tanjiro says thank goodness and the day is saved.

As Mitsuri is about to run out of stamina and die, the other body of Hantengu fades to ashes since Tanjiro beheaded the real body. Mitsuri rushes to the others and embraces them in a hug, saying that they've won. Even Genya is impressed by Tanjiro's growth. Tanjiro and Nezuko then leave the Swordsmith Village among cheers from the crowd directed at Tanjiro for saving them. All's well that ends well.

Or is it??? Unbeknownst to Tanjiro and Nezuko, Muzan has learned of Nezuko's ability to withstand the sun and still be a demon, which is exactly one of the two things he's been looking for for one thousand years. And if he consumes Nezuko, he will become pretty much invincible.

What journey will our heroes go on next? Will Tanjiro be able to protect Nezuko? Only time will tell...

And now for a season in review!

Demon Slayer/Kimetsu No Yaiba season three is a pulse-pounding sequence of adventure and then action since near the beginning. With different allies from Inosuke and Zenitsu, Tanjiro grows a lot as a character in order to overcome the Upper Rank demons that invade. This season, which is so well animated by Ufotable, is right up there with past seasons in terms of quality. Perhaps the only misgiving of the season was that there weren't more episodes, but that's to be expected with how much action there was in this season. Holy Kasugai Crow! Demon Slayer season three ranks in at a searing 9/10 on the anime scale. Until next time! (y)

As we get closer to July, Jujutsu Kaisen season two is currently set to release in just several weeks. I'm so EXCITED for it! While we're waiting, what are some of your favorite moments from the first season? For me personally it's when Itadori has to watch all the different media and references all the older anime techniques and moves that were used.

Also, ngl, but the season two opening is looking pretty great. :lemon:

Honestly I don't remember too much about season 1 of Jujutsu Kaisen, I definitely need to give it a rewatch before season 2 starts and watch the movie as well. All I really remember is the animation was amazing and it was darker and more gory then most shonen animes I've seen.

Time to finally get back into watching some anime though for me, think I'm gonna start the new season of Demon Slayer tomorrow. Been waiting on the season to end so I can binge it, really looking forward to it. One of my friends keeps talking about Hell's Paradise and Dr. Stone all the time as well, so I may give those a watch too.

As we get closer to July, Jujutsu Kaisen season two is currently set to release in just several weeks. I'm so EXCITED for it! While we're waiting, what are some of your favorite moments from the first season? For me personally it's when Itadori has to watch all the different media and references all the older anime techniques and moves that were used.
I'd probably need a refresher to remember all my favorite moments, but the one you mentioned where Itadori is watching anime is definitely up there. Also, I think the moment when Gojo removes his blindfold because you just know things are going to get crazy. And Panda's backstory and learning about his siblings was very moving.
One of my friends keeps talking about Hell's Paradise and Dr. Stone all the time as well, so I may give those a watch too.
I have to recommend Hell's Paradise. I'm loving it! The main character stands out a bit from other shounen being so quiet and reserved. There's a lot of good characterization and depth to the story and the animation is absolutely gorgeous. I always look forward to the next episode.

I finally finished the first season of Haikyuu tonight. Slow and steady, right? I might watch a bit of the second season tomorrow since I have off work.

The second season of Blue Lock will likely not release until next year. I plan on rewatching the first season in a few months or so to prepare for it. I honestly can’t wait. The character development here is outstanding.

There are other anime I was thinking about looking into, but I don’t want to watch too many at once. Blue Lock is one I’ve seen and is a definite rewatch. I am currently watching Haikyuu! I’ve only seen a few episodes of Mob Psycho 100 but it’s gave a good impression so far. I wanted to continue that after Haikyuu.

During this anime break I'm on, I decided I may pick up and watch RWBY volume 9. From LadyDestani's review of it, it sounds like I wouldn't be missing much if I didn't watch it. However, I figured I might as well since I've already seen the first 8 volumes. So long as I'm not missing any new releases, I'll probably start watching it soon.

Before that, however, I finally watched the first Black Clover movie, Black Clover: Sword of the Wizard King!

It was everything I was expecting and then some. The movie told an interesting tale from the past that came back to haunt the Clover Kingdom, but thankfully Asta and allies managed to save the kingdom by surpassing their limits. Conrad Leto made for an interesting villain in that he started out just like Asta did but deviated from his path. Asta's phrase "My magic is never giving up" was his as well, albeit for a far more sinister cause. The movie managed to introduce interesting side villains as well as all kinds of crazy new magic that we hadn't previously seen in the original 170-episode series. It's no wonder the movie actually has good ratings across all sites, including Rotten Tomatoes. The movie manages to encapsulate what makes Black Clover so great and channel it into an almost two-hour smackdown marathon. Despite the lack of amazing animation for the series, its ability to put something together so spectacular for the big screen symbolizes Yuki Tabata's and the show's producer's unwillingness to give up on the show. Keep on keeping on, Black Clover, and surpass your limits! Black Clover: Sword of the Wizard King garners a perfect 10/10 on the anime movie scale. Until next time! (y)

Today I watched the final episode of KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! It's a prequel to KonoSuba that follows Megumin's journey before she joins Aqua and Kazuma. It was pretty much what I expected. It's a fun watch if you're a fan of Megumin and the Crimson Demons, but nothing to be taken seriously. There are inconsistencies between the prequel and the already-established story, but it's fine if you just turn your mind off and enjoy it for what it is.

I decided instead of watching RWBY volume 9 or rewatching the first season of Jujutsu Kaisen, I'd start rewatching Black Clover, but in the dub! I love it just as much as I did years ago when I started watching it. Asta's dub screams are going to take some getting used to though...

I need to watch the third season of Demon Slayer, and I was planning on doing that since the dub is available.. however I decided to watch the Black Clover movie instead and I absolutely loved it. The animation was so beautiful and I really wish the show would come back with the same caliber of animation but I don't foresee that being the case, I really miss the anime and wish it would return but something tells me if it does come back it won't be until late 2024 or early 2025. So to help make me miss Black Clover less I am rewatching Black Clover instead of watching season 3 of Demon Slayer. Whoopsie.

Currently watching Chobits and Hell's Paradise. Once I'm finished with those, I'll go to Blue Lock and probably S3 of Demon Slayer.

Here's my MAL and then my Anilist!

I just made an Anilist so it's not completely up to date with my MAL. Just fyi >w>

I'm really enjoying Hell's Paradise though. c:

Started my rewatch of Jujutsu Kaisen last night, I forgot just how athletic Yuji was right out the gate, dude is like the greatest athlete that was ever born and doesn't even play any sports lol. Guess he had to be though otherwise he probably would have died in the first episode. Also forgot how much the opening and endings to this show slaps, definitely feeling like I'm about to really enjoy rewatching this hardly remember anything about it from my first watch.

You guys got me intrigued now too about Black Clover, never watched it before but after hearing such good things about the new movie I'm definietly gonna have to add it to the ever growing list of animes I need to watch (which is seriously getting way too long but I guess that's a good thing haha).

Finished Hell's Paradise! It's so so good. I'm excited for season 2. But I'm going to start reading the manga today, I think, so I don't have to wait forever to see what happens next LOL

I also finished Hell's Paradise! It's amazing! Highly recommend! 10/10

I got a lot of Madoka Magica vibes as I was watching it. It's not your typical shounen anime.

Gabimaru, is far from the usual energetic, overly positive hero trying to better themselves, save everyone, or make the world a better place. He is somber and focused on reaching his own goal of returning home to his wife. He is in nearly every respect the personification of his nickname: Hollow.

The saying "don't get attached" would be an understatement here. Death is prevalent. With half of the cast being killers and the other half executioners, you know it's going to be bloody, but both are thrust into a survival situation where they must work together to make it home alive. Without giving any spoilers, it touches on some very heavy themes.

The biggest similarity to Madoka Magica is the imagery. Hell's Paradise is full of eerie and hauntingly beautiful visuals. They captivate and disconcert at the same time. The rich colors and gorgeous scenery hint at more disturbing things hidden beneath, because life is born of death and decay.

This anime blurs the lines between good and evil, reality and fantasy. It explores life, death, immortality, and humanity. Well worth the watch. Can't wait for season 2!

Currently watching: Oshi no Ko (but i'm reading the manga), KNY (new season, but finished reading the manga), rewatching Katekyo Hitman Reborn (my most favorite anime), and Sugar Apple Fairy Tale~

Finished S2 of Tokyo Revengers with @nyx~ and honestly.. I'm sitting here reading the manga and will probably be up all night reading it HAHAH. Mikey is so close to my heart, it's not even funny. His character is so well-written and played to me, regardless if it's subbed or dubbed. His story is also really heart-wrenching so far, but I'm not looking forward to the rest of his story when I read the manga 😭

Back