• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

I'm currently watching the English Dub of The Dangers In My Heart. I've been meaning to watch it and only got around to it last night. I was waiting for my episodes of the dubbed to release. It's a good watch but I also know romance anime is an acquired taste so I'd only recommend if you are into that sort of thing.

Boy Haibane Renmai is just really good, that long with neia_7 and lain are my holy trilogy of anime from Abe and i wish we had more anime like this than the dog****, we get with the amount of meh seasonals especially isekai these days.

I really liked Haibane Renmai. Wasn't crazy about Lain, but I feel like I need to watch it again because it's possible some parts just went over my head. Never heard of NeiA_7, but now I'm really curious. I'm probably gonna end up watching it once I'm done Moon Phase and caught up on some of this season's new series.

I started Hyouka! I see what I've read people talking about where they obsess over kinda boring mysteries but it's been a nice time trying to guess the answer to each mystery so I don't mind too much. I'm on ep 6 now which is still near the beginning so we'll see how the rest of the show pans out. Also can I mention how great of a dub voice Oreki's got? It's EXTREMELY fitting. I'm not crazy about Chitanda's much but I tolerate it since Oreki's is so good. The other two friend's voices are really fitting as well.

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

Itadori sees people being attacked by monsters, but can't help them, so he leaves it up to Inumaki. He then descends down the steps into the train station towards Gojo, but runs into an angry Choso. The two engage in combat until Itadori is getting beat up, and so Mechamaru devises a plan for him. Unfortunately, Itadori loses in close combat and is about to be killed by Choso. Somehow, however, maybe due to the influence of Sukuna, memories that don't exist flood Choso's mind and cause him to miss delivering a finishing blow to Itadori. Itadori is found by a couple others not long after. Oh no! Is this the end for Yuji Itadori?! Is this the end of Jujutsu Kaisen?! Only time will tell.

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode fourteen. "Fluctuations." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to defend and slay! The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three is here!

Naofumi, Raphtalia, and company head to the slave trader at Siltvelt and purchase Fohl and Atla, two demi-humans who are white tiger siblings. They then return to Lurolona Village and bring all the demi-human slaves they purchased back there. With time and effort they continue rebuilding the village to its former glory.

Unfortunately, however, some slavers attack the village. Thankfully, Fohl finds the signal flare Naofumi left behind and fires it, and the Shield Hero's party returns to the village and beats up the slavers. Since Naofumi can't execute the leader because it would upset nobles, he decides to sell them all off to Siltvelt as slaves, which deters people from attacking the village in the future.

Naofumi and company are then called to Melromarc Castle by the queen, because they have found the whereabouts of the Spear Hero...

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode four. "The Operation to Capture the Spear Hero." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to eat some peanuts and infiltrate the enemy ranks. Spy x Family season two is here!

Yor's brother finds himself working hard and not sleeping. His latest assignment is to take in an author who is spreading falsities about the West. After doing careful research and planning, he finds where the man is shipping the letters at, captures the buyer, and takes the man in.

Meanwhile, Anya is watching an episode of Bondman Spy Wars, where Bondman is shown to solve literally every problem and get all the women. Unfortunately this backfires though as they don't like that he can't choose between them. Anya thinks watching this show makes her an adult, but Loid doesn't think so.

In the first bonus special, Anya wants to ride an animatronic polar bear, but Loid is against it. He caves, however, and Anya has fun riding it. It goes a whopping 3 miles per hour!

In the second bonus special, Anya wants to use the pool, but ends up getting scarred for life. RIP.

In the third bonus special, Damian is thought to be asleep, but isn't and gets up on time for the day. Meanwhile, Anya stays asleep dreaming about a mission with Bondman... Loid shakes her a bunch, but to no avail, and she's late to class...

Next time on Spy x Family season two, episode four. "The Pastry of Knowledge/The Informant's Great Romance Plan II." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Started watching S2 Part 2 of Tokyo Revengers with @nyx~

To be honest.. I'm enjoying the episodes? But they're also making me rage. 😭 I muted my mic for one of the episodes, the third one, because it just made me SUPER mad.

Where the future Kisaki tries to shoot Takemichi.. then Naoto takes the bullet for him instead. THEN?! Yeah, there's unfortunately a then. Kaku-chan comes and shoots Takemichi. :^/ I don't know if my hatred for Kisaki outweighs my love for Mikey, or not. Because as much as I love Mikey.. there is SO MUCH HATE in my heart for Kisaki 😭

I have yet to finish the manga, so maybe my opinion on Kisaki will change. Or not. LOL.

Mei Mei and Ui Ui work together to exorcise the curse they're facing. Thanks to Mei Mei's skill as a Jujutsu Sorcerer, her side wins. After walking out of the domain that vanished, the fake Geto is waiting for her...

Meanwhile, Nanami, Naobito, and Maki take on a very powerful curse named Dagon. As things start to go south, Megumi appears and prevents Dagon from using his guaranteed-hit attack in his own domain. Megumi devises a plan for Nanami, Maki, and Naobito (who has lost his right arm) to escape through his domain, but just as they're about to jump out, a surprise guest appears! Just who could it be???

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode fifteen. "Fluctuations Part Two." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to defend and slay! The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three is here!

Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo set off to look for Motoyasu, the Spear Hero, while leaving the others in charge of Lurolona Village. Once they find him, however, they learn that his former comrades have abandoned him due to how weak he was. Naofumi then spots Ren, the Sword Hero, but Ren is still distraught after all his party members ended up dying... Naofumi tries to convince Ren to fight the Phoenix with him, but to no avail. Malty, or should I say WORD THAT SHOULD NOT BE UTTERED HERE convinces Ren for now that Naofumi is lying, and escapes with him.

Motoyasu is then enthralled by Filo's dancing and singing, and wants to marry her, but Filo doesn't feel the same way. However, for now at least it seems he's on board with fighting with Naofumi against the Phoenix... next up, Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo continue to search for the Sword and Bow heroes... but will they find them and convince them in time?

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode five. "Each of Their Paths." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to eat some peanuts and infiltrate the enemy ranks. Spy x Family season two is here!

In the first mission, Anya and her schoolmates are tasked with acing a quiz and final exam that will determine if Anya and Becky get to stay together. Since Anya hasn't been doing too well grades-wise, they look for other options. They hear about a supposed rare pastry that makes whoever eats it more intelligent. Anya, Becky, and Damian's gang race to get the last macaron that is the pastry of knowledge, but George beats them to it! They then play Old Maid in cards with each other to determine which four out of the five of them will receive the macarons. At first, Anya uses her mind-reading powers to cheat, but, not wanting anyone to find out, she plays dumb for a bit and still manages to win the game over Lord Damian. Anya then goes on a quiz-taking spree... and the final results are, she failed anyway! : O

In the second mission, Franky helps Loid out, but in return wants help with his romance life. Unfortunately for him, Loid has already left to do his mission... Franky decides to search for a cat called Mr. Kopi himself in order to impress a lady. He keeps asking for help locating it, but can't. Finally, Yor agrees to help him. After a couple inventive mishaps in a street, Yor finally pounces on and catches Mr. Kopi for Franky. Franky brings the cat back to the lady he was trying to impress, but turns out that she's already married! Franky walks away dejected, but not wanting to press any further as he'd rather live for his job. Poor Franky.

Up next time some big happenings are going on! Stay tuned!

Next time on Spy x Family season two, episode five. "Plan to Cross the Border." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I think I need something old and goofy, with villains like classic Team Rocket.

I can think of a few titles like that like Yatterman, Nadia: the secret of Blue Water, and Mon Colle Knights. Dinosaur King actually had the same voice actors, but they couldn't use them for Pokemon anymore?

Are there any others?

Finished watching Witch from Mercury recently. I think it's the first Gundam series I've watched to completion. I highly recommend it.

Currently watching JJK, Spy x Family, and Lycoris Recoil. One of these days I'll finish watching some of the series I've started but I prefer reading manga these days.
Can I ask what show those guys in sig are from?

The surprise guest is a reincarnated Toji! He's here and beats the ever-loving crap out of Dagon. Once Dagon is finished off, the domain ends, but the other sorcerers aren't sure if he's an ally or foe. He sends Megumi out of the building and faces him.

Meanwhile, Jogo kills three of the sorcerers on the spot using his fire powers: Nanami, Maki, and the old man Naobito. But are they dead for good?

MEANWHILE, two girls wake up Sukuna. Jogo gets there just in time, but Sukuna is whimsical and doesn't easily give in to their desires. The girls are both killed by Sukuna. Then Sukuna declares that if Jogo can land a blow on him, he will submit to his wishes. Now, the real battles are about to unfold...

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode sixteen. "Thunderclap." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Back