• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Get ready to defend and slay! The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three is here!

Naofumi and company are traveling while trying to avoid Motoyasu when a bunch of highly skilled enemies attack. Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Filo are nearly wiped out, but S'yne arrives just in time to provide backup! Together they take care of the enemies. S'yne wants to live in Lurolona Village, but Naofumi doesn't completely trust her yet, so he keeps an eye on her.

Meanwhile, everyone from the village is steadily getting stronger and gaining levels. Naofumi takes them to the capital to upgrade their classes so that they can unlock their true potential.

Next, Naofumi and company go on a hunting mission to find and kill some bandits and their leader. But during this mission, Naofumi runs into Motoyasu and... Ren?!?

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode six. "Where You Point Your Strength." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Just watched the Attack on Titan finale and... wow. I already knew what was going to happen because I've read the entire manga, but it's always a different experience taking in the story as an animation. The Attack on Titan series has meant so much to me for so long. Watching the end like that is a bittersweet feeling. What a journey.

I also watched the Attack on Titan finale. I'm still processing my thoughts and feelings, but it most certainly has been a journey.

1699241188772.png

Get ready to eat some peanuts and infiltrate the enemy ranks. Spy x Family season two is here!

Yor, or the "Thorn Princess," is given her next assignment: to protect the surviving wife and son of a family from assassins and help them cross the border. To do this, Yor must board a cruise ship. However, Anya wins a ticket to the ship in a raffle, and so now both Loid and Anya are on the ship as well. While Yor and the lady she's trying to protect are talking, little do they know they're being listened to... just what will happen next?

Next time on Spy x Family season two, episode six. "The Fearsome Luxury Cruise Ship." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Since Attack on Titan is finally complete, I started watching it. It's about time...

Currently I'm on episode 4 of Season 1, because.. I've never really seen it >_> And what I have seen.. was about 10 years ago, when it first started airing. I would have been 12. Anyways, my favorite still stands since I was 12. Armin Arlert. However.. I also really REALLY like Mikasa. From what I've seen, and how she looks after Eren.. I relate to her a lot, honestly. ;w; I can't wait to keep watching more!

It's my boyfriends favorite anime, so I felt like I was missing out.. Of course I had to start watching!

Anyways, I'll be back with more updates!

I watched the Attack on Titan finale last night...and I was not expecting it to hit me in the feels that much LOL. It will be weird not waiting for what at one point felt like infinite new parts of their story, but I am happy with how it ended.

Other than that, I finished season one of Noragami and I really enjoyed it! I planned to start Link Click after finishing it, so I'll be back for season two when I finish that for sure. As for airing stuff I've been watching Jujutsu Kaisen, Spy x Family, After School Hanako-kun, and Tokyo Revengers. It seems like a lot but it's like 4 episodes a week so I somehow stay on track haha. I've read the manga for the latter three so it's always fun seeing stuff I read a while ago animated.

Want magical anime transformation sequences? of course you do, you wouldn't really be browsing this thread if you didn't like anime!

I'm up to episode 40 on Eyeshield 21 as of this post. I put other anime on hold to focus on this one. It sucks that they have little to no merch for the more obscure anime.

i was browsing youtube looking for more precure stuff, and this showed up in my recommended:
it's really good! would recommend listening to!

So much has happened in Episodes 5 and 6 of Attack on Titan S1..

It's nice to learn more about Mikasa's backstory, as I genuinely wondered why her and Eren lived together, knowing they weren't related. I think Episode 5 dragged on a lot for me because SO much was going on. It felt like I had been sitting there for at least an hour thinking 'when is this going to end?!', the suspense was killing me 😭

When Eren came to save Armin from that super fast Titan that runs weird (I forget what they're called, and to avoid spoiling myself on anything, I'm not looking it up LOL).. I wanted to scream, cry, and cuss all at once. Eren's 'I can't die here' quote was super moving, but then proceeded to get EATEN?! Like what was the point? I just know Mikasa isn't gonna be happy with that when she finds out, lol. But I know Eren doesn't die THAT fast into the anime, he's literally the main character of the entire thing? 😭 I was still on the edge of my seat the entire time. I love Armin but the way he shut down after seeing Eren lose part of his leg and all of his friends get devoured, it kind of annoyed me.. But I understand why he did that. He's just scared... I would be too, honestly. I relate to Armin a lot, I know not a whole lot of people liked him in the beginning, but he's always been my favorite lil dude.

I had an idea of watching one episode of a comforting/feel-good anime for every 10 episodes of Attack on Titan I watch. But I have no idea what I'd like to watch with it, lol. I think if I just sat and watched the entirety of the series without something happy to watch along with it, I'd just get super depressed.

I'm watching New Game!

I think it's ok so far... am hoping for some feel-hood stuff!
It took me a bit to get into it but now I love the series lol. The first few episodes are just eh, they all act like moe idiots tbh and it bothered me but it got better the more you go along in. I especially liked the second season. Lots more development happens there.

All caught up on Tokyo Revengers so far with @nyx~ !

Honestly, wasn't expecting Emma to die.. but like, once the foreshadowing came I kinda knew it was bound to happen. :^/

Seeing Mikey's reaction and overall mood in the last few episodes was really heartbreaking. I love Mikey so so much, seeing him so distraught and.. numb.. It hurt a lot. Broke my heart right in half ;-;
This makes me hate Kisaki even more tbh 😭 I'm really praying he gets a redemption arc of some kind, where he's actually A GOOD PERSON. But I am also highly doubtful, lol.

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

Sukuna, the King of Curses, who has taken over Itadori's body for awhile, completely and utterly annihilates Jogo. Meanwhile, Megumi is almost taken out by the reincarnated Toji, but after learning his full name, Toji stops his assault and takes himself out instead. Unfortunately for Megumi, one of the earlier villains comes back and slashes him...

Sukuna also finally meets up with Uraume. With things looking bleak for the sorcerers, just how will they handle the new major threat in the awakened Sukuna?

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode seventeen. "Thunderclap Part Two." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to defend and slay! The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three is here!

Naofumi and company run into Ren and Motoyasu fighting. At her suggestion, Naofumi lets Eclair engage Ren in a duel in order to bring him back to his senses. She is successful, and Ren learns that he really can depend on others in order to get stronger and win. Motoyasu is shown to be strong as well, and so now the only Cardinal Hero that Naofumi needs help from to defeat the Phoenix is the Bow Hero...

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode seven. "The Girl and the Dragon." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to eat some peanuts and infiltrate the enemy ranks. Spy x Family season two is here!

Yor has to keep the lady and her baby safe until they change ships, but there's a bunch of assassins after them. Yor manages to avoid drawing attention to herself while dealing with the assassins in... uncanny ways. Meanwhile, Loid follows Anya around everywhere. At one store Anya really wants to buy something, but notices a tough man is coming at the oncoming Yor with murderous intent. Anya tries to prevent Loid from finding out while also trying to help Yor. Thankfully, Yor notices his bloodlust just in time and dodges an attack from him. Just how will this super dangerous cruise ride be resolved?

Next time on Spy x Family season two, episode seven. "Who Is This Mission For?" You won't want to miss it! (y)

O.K., so I watched the Attack on Titan finale part 2 around a week ago, and here are my thoughts from it:

I thought the ending was done pretty well. I didn't like it at first because it was depressing, but I talked with another friend about it off-site, and I guess I shouldn't have expected anything other than a depressing ending, lol. I thought the way the one person we THOUGHT couldn't do it, Mikasa, ended up killing Eren in his Founder Titan form was beautiful. But the fact that 80% of the population perished was disappointing to me, although I guess that's also to be expected given the odds they were up against. All in all I do like how they ended the series, because for a series that pretty much mirrors real life, it makes sense that there's always going to be conflict. It's just human nature to fight and kill each other, sadly.

I do have to wonder how the talks with the Paradis Islanders went, but oh well. At least everyone fulfilled their duty in the end to stop the ENTIRE population of the world from being wiped out. It is pretty sad that Eren thought this was the only way, but I mean, that could happen to anyone. As said in ATLA, "anyone is capable of great good or great evil."

It's sad knowing there won't be any more, but it truly was and is a legendary series at this point. RIP Eren Jaeger.

I was randomly scrolling the internet earlier and saw the spoiler that Nanami dies. :| Time to cross JJK off my list of stuff I care about watching.

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

As Megumi is about to be killed by the assailant, he unleashes a ritual that binds them both. If it is completed, Megumi will die and so will the assailant, but if anyone kills Mahoraga which the ritual summoned, the ritual will be void and Megumi will live. Not wanting to let Megumi die, Sukuna inside Itadori's body intervenes and uses the full extent of his technique plus his Domain Expansion: Malevolent Shrine, all in order to destroy a large part of the city and Mahoraga as well. Sukuna then releases himself from Itadori's body to show him the devastation he caused while being possessed. Itadori throws up on the side of the road in shock. Meanwhile, the barrier around where Gojo is is still active, but a half-alive and burnt Nanami is slowly walking forward... just what will happen next?

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode eighteen. "Right and Wrong." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Naofumi and company let Ren, the Sword Hero, serve breakfast for everyone in-between training. Then, Naofumi and company encounter Rat, a researcher who specializes in monster research. Naofumi decides to let her help them out. He and Wyndia, one of the village children, find a dragon egg that was sent from Siltvelt. Naofumi is tasked with carrying it around while waiting for it to hatch. Eventually it does, and Wyndia names it "Gaelion." At one point, however, Gaelion accidentally eats a Dragon Stone from Naofumi's time in another world, and grows big and menacing. It flies away as the others look on in shock. Just how will Naofumi and company rescue Gaelion and protect Melromarc from disaster?

Next time on The Rising Of The Shield Hero season three, episode eight. "Dragon's Den." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Back