• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Finished season two of Haikyuu!! now. It was a lot of fun and very enjoyable to watch. I'll put my thoughts in spoilers below.

Karasuno's evolution was amazing to watch. Each and every player on the team got so much better that it's almost insane. I have to say, when Daichi hit his head I knew he would be fine eventually. I know on YouTube in the comment section that people joke/meme that he dies, but I didn't really believe it since it sounded idiotic and also really out of place for a volleyball anime. Like they came here to play volleyball, not kill each other, lol. Although apparently that's a running joke in the fandom. It's just terrible, lol.

Karasuno's revenge against Aoba Johsai was amazing and I bet tasted really, really good for them. The last point scored by Hinata was the stuff of legends. Now it'll be interesting to see how they do against the top team in the prefecture, Shiratorizawa Academy. It looks like season three is only 10 episodes, but covers the entire match, so it'll definitely be exciting to watch. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh and hey, would you look at that. 198 pages. :blush:

I found the season button, it has a section for Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, and Golden Wind. No Stone Ocean, but I know netflix has that one because people online complained about how they handled the release of it.

Disney+ shouldn't be the functional equivalent to Crunchyroll. It obviously doesn't have the amount of titles Sony/Funi/roll have gobbled up like Pacman, but it's a start.
I don't know, I just remember waiting forever for the dub of One Piece to update. I could go and watch the sub, but I grew used to hearing all of the English voices. So I figured it was worth mentioning because Funimation takes it sweet time with releasing the dubbed episodes due to copyright and negotiations take forever. The worst was a year like I said, but sometimes it's still 3 months-6 every now and then.

I watched around 4 episodes of Haikyuu!! season three the other night, and it was AWESOME. Especially,

The point scored by Tsuki to even the sets between Karasuno High School and Shiratorizawa Academy in the finals. A longtime friend of mine from here definitely not named DubiousDelphine mentioned in the past that he got a point too, but I didn't know it would happen like that. Blocking really can be make or break in these matches.

I'm really excited to make it through the next six episodes and finish the season, and then I'll be able to start season four. 🏐 🔥

I'm glad I didn't buy Black Lagoon. It's more dry and dark than I expected. There is an episode or two with a comedy relief character, but they aren't funny. I'm not saying it's bad, but I probably would be in the mood for Berserk either.

Just finished season three of Haikyuu!! It was nothing short of amazing.

Tsuki really was the MVP of the entire thing. Without his logical thinking helping everyone defend better, I don't think they would have won in the finals and gone on to nationals. Hinata's last shot was beyond impressive. Dude really does fly, even though he's short. Everyone else played their parts and it was a monumental win for Karasuno High School!

The ending to that season gave me chills and reminded me a lot of the Texas Rangers World Series victory last year. In both cases not a lot of people expected either team to win, but both Karasuno High School and the Texas Rangers pulled it off in the end (yes, I am aware Karasuno High School is a fictional place).

It will be very interesting to see how Hinata, Tobio, and everyone else stacks up against the other schools at nationals. I'm really, really, really looking forward to watching season four! 🤩

If anyone cares. A while ago I made a list of 29 things I'd like to see. Disney+ has 4.

They have:
-Soul Eater
-Black Lagoon
-Black Butler
-Akame Ga Kill

I want to see:
-Soul Hunter
-Ramen Fighter Miki
-Rune Soldier
-Jing King of the Bandits
-Nanbaka
-G Gundam
-Grimoire of Zero
-Oban Star Racers -might be French
-IGPX
-Hinomaru Sumo
-The 4 Project A-ko movies
-Midori Days
-Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan
-Toradora
-Inukami!
-Kaiba
-Mind Game
-Fafner
-Eatman

I felt it was necessary to not include some titles.

i’ve been watching horimiya from a friend’s recommendation. it’s really enjoyable, not at all what i expected. it’s a romantic anime but they didn’t dance around it for 9999 years, so already off to a good start. the main guy is awesome too.
1707002337960.jpeg

I am now trying to get back into anime again since I had to take a break due to school, I didn't want to watch anything new or anything that I needed to pay full attention to because I didn't want to have too many things to distract me.

I'm starting to get back into watching One Piece which has been a little hard because I can't remember what happened in the previous episodes I had watched about a year or so ago. I remember bits and pieces but I'm on episode 600 now so I'm just watching a lot of recaps to refresh my memory since I am really confused as to what is going on. The fish-man island arc though was awful, I did not like it at all. I'm still iffy on whether or not I will stop watching it because I am sooo lost.

I need to watch the new Demon Slayer episodes, and the Attack on Titan ones and JJK as well. I also think Dollhouse or umm Shadow Dollhouse I forgot the exact name of it has a new season so I should probably watch that too.

Disney+ is deciding to crack down on password sharing in a month. So I have to choose one show to binge. I've narrowed it down to Ladybug, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo.

Fairy Tale and Naruto Shippuden are too long for this. For some reason they only have season 1 of Food Wars and Dr. Stone.

Found out that NEITHER of the Haikyuu!! movies have had a U.S. release yet, and the first big one is releasing soon in Japan, and will probably arrive to the western market 6 months from now. So all I have left for now is to finish S4 of the show, but I've been deliberately slowing down on it because once I finish that, I'm not really sure what I would watch next, haha.

Found out that NEITHER of the Haikyuu!! movies have had a U.S. release yet, and the first big one is releasing soon in Japan, and will probably arrive to the western market 6 months from now. So all I have left for now is to finish S4 of the show, but I've been deliberately slowing down on it because once I finish that, I'm not really sure what I would watch next, haha.
I don't think we ever got the Food Wars or Fairy Tale ovas either.

I guess it's not an anime but I recently watched Pokemon Concierge. It was super cute and I really like the stop-motion clay/felt-mation. I'm hoping there's more where that came from, I loved it!

Dunno if you guys use it, but you can now request an username change at MyAnimeList again:

If you check the requirements, the inactive account only has to meet one requirement. I got my name from an account that last logged in in 2021.

Dunno if you guys use it, but you can now request an username change at MyAnimeList again:

If you check the requirements, the inactive account only has to meet one requirement. I got my name from an account that last logged in in 2021.
How snooty is it over there?

I do appreciate Death Note but I guess it's no longer the mid 2000s.

I was always a fan of the forgotten series Trigun. The movie can be found on tubitv. I always liked Trigun. Y'know, Vash the Stampede and all that. Spoiler: 15 seconds after the gun fight with the "final boss", Vash lands the first hit. It's basically over at that point.

Back