• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

my watchlist:
- oshi no ko (watched the first ep)
- zombieland saga
- the 100 girlfriends who really really etc.
- blend s
- demon slayer
I've seen Zombieland Saga and Blend S. They're both pretty good. Between the two, I would say I liked Zombieland Saga more.

A few other suggestions in the romance vein:
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- Komi Can't Communicate

And a fun slice-of-life anime:
- WataMote (about an extremely awkward unpopular girl trying to fit in)

The otaku title you mentioned reminded me I've been wanting to see Himouto Umaru-chan. I'm pretty sure it's about a popular girl that is secretly a hardcore otaku when she's at home.
This is another great anime! You're absolutely right about the premise and it's hysterical. Definitely recommend!

If you want a romance anime, I highly recommend The Dangers In My Heart. It has a dubbed version as well. It centers around the romance between two characters and it's honestly one of the best I've seen, even for those not interested in the romance genre. Another one I'd recommend is Scum's Wish. It's also a romance anime with a little more drama.

I've seen Zombieland Saga and Blend S. They're both pretty good. Between the two, I would say I liked Zombieland Saga more.

A few other suggestions in the romance vein:
- Kaguya-sama: Love is War
- Komi Can't Communicate

And a fun slice-of-life anime:
- WataMote (about an extremely awkward unpopular girl trying to fit in)

This is another great anime! You're absolutely right about the premise and it's hysterical. Definitely recommend!
KOMI CANT COMMUNICATE!!!

i have seen this, its one of my favs and im actually reading the manga rn!!

i cant believe i forgot abt it 🫠
Post automatically merged:

If you want a romance anime, I highly recommend The Dangers In My Heart. It has a dubbed version as well. It centers around the romance between two characters and it's honestly one of the best I've seen, even for those not interested in the romance genre. Another one I'd recommend is Scum's Wish. It's also a romance anime with a little more drama.
ooh i'll definitely check those out!! ive head some good things abt scums wish!!

I know of one show about male idols. Uta No Prince Sama. I'm pretty sure it was a "dating sim" before the anime. I've only seen the first season out of four. At the very least, this would lend itself to the shipping you mentioned. I don't know what sort of aesthetic you are after.

The otaku title you mentioned reminded me I've been wanting to see Himouto Umaru-chan. I'm pretty sure it's about a popular girl that is secretly a hardcore otaku when she's at home.
I LOVE UtaPri! I never finished the anime, BUT I loved the rhythm game so so much!! I'm so sad they shut down the national servers for it 😭

I've made it to episode 20 of Haikyuu!! now!

Hinata and Tobio's coordination is scary af, LOL. I would not want to be the opposing team. I was fully expecting them to win the first match of the Inter-High tournament. That second match against Dateko, however, that I was not expecting... also yeah, now that they're about to face Aoba Johsai I can see why they're going to lose. Oikawa Toru is just too much for them. Ah well, should still be fun to watch. And then it'll be onto season two!!! 🤩

My friend recommended me To Your Eternity and I finished the first season. The first episode is an easy 10/10, but it's also easy to get into the plot even if you're not the biggest fantasy fan (like me). Really enjoyed all major plots except for the last big setting, but maybe it got old within 20 episodes. I do expect things to go downhill a bit, but I've also heard good things about the last episode of the second season. I will take a break from it though. Cannot recommend the first episode enough though.

Disney+ has an anime titled Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Weird name, I have a manga with a weirder name I can't say here.
Post automatically merged:

Holy crap, I wasn't expecting Kill la Kill, Dr. Stone or Madoka Magica on Disney+

Last edited:
Finished season one of Haikyuu!!

Wow. Just wow. I knew the season would end like that, but I didn't know it would end like that. I'm really looking forward to starting season two and watching Hinata and Tobio continue to evolve their game, along with the other players. The Spring Tournament should be fun to watch. 🏐

Today I watched the first episodes of 'The Witch and the Beast' and 'Meiji Gekken: 1874'. Both are interesting so far but I'll need to see more before I can form true opinions on them.

I just find it very funny that funimation had to cancel a show 3 episodes into a simulcast for being outside their standards a few years ago, now some of their previous edgy stuff is on Disney+, and probably would be beyond the mouse's standards, if they gave a crap.

Currently watching Black Lagoon, maybe Black Butler.

Started "I'm in Love with the Villainess". I'm not a fan of ikesai, but I needed some yuri fun. I was not expecting them to talk about being gay in episode 3 and how queer girls shouldn't be treated as predators. Excited to see where it goes.

I just find it very funny that funimation had to cancel a show 3 episodes into a simulcast for being outside their standards a few years ago, now some of their previous edgy stuff is on Disney+, and probably would be beyond the mouse's standards, if they gave a crap.

Currently watching Black Lagoon, maybe Black Butler.
Six or so episodes into Black Lagoon, I could go for something with a lighter tone. Most of the Disney+ stuff seems to be from Funimation. Any suggestions? They don't have Umaru-chan. That one might be under Sentai Filmworks still, so Hidive might have that.

Disney+ has some Jojo, but it looks like a hodgepodge of episodes. Why is that?

-As in parts 1 and 2 available, with a part 3 Stardust Crusader episode, the Sun, in part 2.

Last edited:
I'm on episode three of season two of Haikyuu!! now. I have to say, I was expecting to have to wait until much later in the season to see the revered "ja-PAN!" meme, but it happened in the very first episode. I know that's a favorite scene of @nyx~ , and it was just as hilarious as she said it would be. :LOL:

I'm really excited to watch the rest of the season. It looks like there's a lot of good parts this season, which I'm looking forward to. Planning on watching a couple episodes tonight, actually. 📺

Watching more Link Click tonight c:

I'm really enjoying it so far! ^.^ I'm on episode 4 because I stopped to chat with some friends in Discord ><

But after I finish Link Click, I think I'm gonna watch more Attack on Titan, or maybe TR S2 P2 with @nyx~ c:
and then try to finish Demon Slayer S3 because I've reeeeeally been putting it off.. And my friend wants me to watch JJK S2 >_>

Disney+ has some Jojo, but it looks like a hodgepodge of episodes. Why is that?

-As in parts 1 and 2 available, with a part 3 Stardust Crusader episode, the Sun, in part 2.
Probably licensing rights? One Piece/Funimation has went on hiatuses quite often leaving the episodes/dvd sets having a long lull between releases. I think the worst was a full year or more in 2011. The Japanese Funimation side would often put a halt on the dubbing because of negotiations for episodes and sometimes they had to just not dub some episodes because agreements could not be met. So maybe that's why it's all spotty with the episodes?

I never really followed it that much. I just kept wondering what was taking so long and would look up the release date or news and I kept coming across discussions that they were being really stubborn with their negotiations.

Probably licensing rights? One Piece/Funimation has went on hiatuses quite often leaving the episodes/dvd sets having a long lull between releases. I think the worst was a full year or more in 2011. The Japanese Funimation side would often put a halt on the dubbing because of negotiations for episodes and sometimes they had to just not dub some episodes because agreements could not be met. So maybe that's why it's all spotty with the episodes?

I never really followed it that much. I just kept wondering what was taking so long and would look up the release date or news and I kept coming across discussions that they were being really stubborn with their negotiations.
I found the season button, it has a section for Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, and Golden Wind. No Stone Ocean, but I know netflix has that one because people online complained about how they handled the release of it.

Disney+ shouldn't be the functional equivalent to Crunchyroll. It obviously doesn't have the amount of titles Sony/Funi/roll have gobbled up like Pacman, but it's a start.

I'm on episode 13 of season two of Haikyuu!! now and really enjoying it still. The growth of all of the players this season is amazing. Really excited to see the rest of the matches they'll play this season! 🏐 🔥

Back