• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Some super slay updates from me!

♡ I finally finished rewatching Durarara!!, and I LOVE it SOO much more than when I watched it as a kid. The ending of the first season had me all frustrated, so I need to keep watching. I think there's 2 more seasons? But I heard neither of them are as good as the first.. :^/
Yeah, Drrrx2 is more rushed. I still enjoyed it a lot but there was way more content squeezed when it could've benefited on having more episodes. Plus there's the artstyle change depending on how you feel about it lol

Finished season 2 of Goblin Slayer tonight! Enjoyed it just as much as the first season and hoping to see a third season eventually as it definitely left off with the hint of more to come.

Now, just have to catch up on Rising of the Shield Hero, hopefully before the winter season anime begins. 🛡️

Ave Mujicas anime has a confirmed release date for January 2025. it was later than expected, but i do not mind waiting until then. It was already assumed that Ave Mujica will be added to the game, considering MYGO was added in September 2023. Ave Mujica are MYGOs rivals, and the two units are intertwined. i assume Ave Mujica will be added to Bandori in spring 2025.

i have seen a handful of fellow Ave Mujica fans show disapproval, not at the animes release date, but more so because it is assumed Ave Mujicas members will not be mentioned much until the animes release date. perhaps Ave Mujicas members will be shown in upcoming MYGO event stories, considering each of the Ave Mujica members have 2D models in game already.

i saw someone concerned regarding Ave Mujicas state until the anime release. they went on to say, there is not much room for inclusion for them until 2025. Ave Mujicas members wont be appearing in any (bandori) official art, considering official art only contains characters that are already featured in-game.

Ave Mujica content will be mostly void until January next year, depsite them being very important to MYGOs story and development. I wonder if MYGOs writing and development in-game will suffer as a result.

I'm getting back into watching anime again and just watched Stein's Gate for the first time, I definitely understand why people rate this anime so highly now. Honestly I think it might be the best show I've ever watched, I'm usually not a big fan of time travel shows but this anime definitely changed my perspective on not only time travel but also what a 24 episode show should be in general. It was just so well made I could go on and on about it but I'll just leave it at that honestly just mad at myself for not watching it sooner lol.

Think I'm going to give Frieren a watch now, been seeing and hearing a lot of good things about it online hope it's good.

The new PreCure season has been revealed! Wonderful PreCure! This season will be animal themed, and is set to premiere this February, as most Pretty Cure seasons do. If you want more info about this season and are thinking of tuning in come Feb, here's the teaser website link: https://www.asahi.co.jp/precure/wonderful/. Personally, I'm looking forward to this season because the lead cure is literally a dog (a Papillon, to be precise), and dogs are my fav animal.

I am rewatching Hunter x Hunter. I really hope the Mangaka soon gets better and can continue the Manga 😭 Greed island is the best arc but I also love the chimera ant arc - ready to cry at the end again.

I am also watching Frieren. Top Anime with German words as names that don't make sense haha But I like it so far a lot.

Apothecary Diaries is also amazing! I love the style and animations and the strong female lead!

I FINALLY started Haikyu!! like I wanted to. I'm only on the third episode, but I'm loving it so far. I can't wait to get to some of the actual matches with Hinata and Tobio playing together. Should be a lot of fun to watch. 🤩

I FINALLY started Haikyu!! like I wanted to. I'm only on the third episode, but I'm loving it so far. I can't wait to get to some of the actual matches with Hinata and Tobio playing together. Should be a lot of fun to watch. 🤩
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I took so long to watch it but I wasn't disappointed. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

I'm on episode six now of Haikyu!! and loving it so far. Tobio and Hinata's combo quick attacks are INSANE, and the comedy is top tier as well. I can't wait to binge more. Given that I love both sports and anime, and this is a really good sports anime, this show will probably end up being one of my top favorites. Especially since the OST is very similar to the one in My Hero Academia.

Finally got around to watching Zom 100: Bucketlist of the Dead. I first heard about the manga series two years ago from a Youtube video. It seemed interesting, but I didn’t get around to reading it.

Based on the last episode, I presume that there will be more seasons. I can’t wait to watch them.

I just keep getting closer and closer to finishing Chobits!

It's much more different in the manga, from what I remember reading the manga.. It seems the way things happen are out of order, compared to the anime? And there are some scenes in the anime, that aren't in the manga. Like the trip to Minoru Kokobunji's beach-house. Or where Chi and Hideki help Ms. Hibiya clean the apartments! I think both the anime AND manga are really good though ;w; Planning on finishing both tonight c:

After I finish Chobits, I plan on watching more Attack on Titan, and possibly starting Link Click, per @nyx~ 's recommendation :3 We also have to watch more Tokyo Revengers but I won't talk about that >_>

I'd like to catch up on Jujutsu Kaisen as well.. I've been really sleeping on it 😭

I'm all caught up on Rising of the Shield Hero! Another season concluded! Overall, I liked it but I will put some thoughts in the spoiler.

My biggest issue with this season and the series as a whole has been the slave aspect. I could ignore the fact that Raphtalia and several of the children were purchased as slaves because it seemed to be more of an act to grant them freedom within the confines of the world where they lived. But it really rubbed me the wrong way when Naofumi casually mentions to a new character that she will have to accept a slave crest for him to trust her. I understand that he has been betrayed in the past, but this was really inexcusable to me.

Also, how do these heroes keep falling for Myne's tricks?!? One after the other to the point where it's become a bit ridiculous.

But...Sadeena is awesome! She is the highlight of the season for me. 🔱

Yeah, the whole slave crest thing has turned some people off from the show, but I know at least for the normal villagers it's so that they can be free like you said. I do have to mention when Naofumi asked to put a slave crest on that new character that bothered me and caught me off guard, because I really didn't think it would be necessary, lol. It just gets a bit weird when he has to start doing this for every new person he encounters (not literally, but you know what I mean). I mean what's next, is he going to ask the blacksmith to accept a slave crest? 🤣

The heroes thing, however, that was kind of the entire point of the season to be honest. Up until this point the other three Cardinal Heroes have been seen as a laughing stock, not just in the anime but by viewers of it as well. So this season was mostly focused on Naofumi trying to round them up and whip them into shape, mainly because if he didn't the queen of the Filolials would kill them all. It has less to do with the Phoenix and more that if they don't work together, she will easily overpower and kill them all, including Naofumi. Do have to admit that Myne tricking them one by one is a bit of a stretch, but I mean, given that they didn't really have contact with each other it makes some sense.

Glad you enjoyed the season though! I'm hoping season four will be even better, I think they have a lot of good things lined up for us.

I mean what's next, is he going to ask the blacksmith to accept a slave crest? 🤣
Now that would be funny! 😂

But the fact that he would ask that of a female and not a male is also part of the frustration. Oh, well. I'm not going to drop an otherwise great series over that. Just felt like it was a drawback that was worth mentioning.

I'm on episode 10 now of Haikyuu!! and still loving it to death. The emotions in this show are so raw and good, each episode is so well done that I can't believe it.

I do kind of remember how season one ends due to seeing spoilers in the past, but even if it ends how I think it does, it won't deter me to continue watching. 😤

caught up with the latest episode of "fluffy paradise" and i can't wait for the next episode!
the series so far has been adapted amazingly from the light novel 🫂

Untitled227_20240118080039.png

hi! erin here!!

i used to watch a lot of anime back in 2020-ish, and i've fallen out of it, but i would like to watch more!

i'm struggling to find something i can watch, so here's some animes i like already and what i'm looking for in a show:

- toradora!
DONT GET ME STARTED i love this anime, its one of my favourites!!! it has that older but not-so-old vibe to it, i love the way the characters are drawn and the way they all interact, especially minorin and ami!!

- love, chuunibyo and other delusions!
i can never spell chuunibyo (chunibyo? chunibyou?) but its such a great anime that i always associate with toradora. i also watched this with my mum and she loved it too so...

- happy sugar life
I NEVER FINISHED IT 😭 because they took it off amazon prime!!! its such a contrast between the cutesy cover and then the dark and twisted themes, i love when people do that (DDLC is one of my fav games)

- wotakoi: love is hard for otaku
so chill and easy to watch, i love the art style and the voices so much!! also the op is so catchy i cant help but sing along every time!

- spy x family (season 1)
i havent caught up yet!! i love the aspect of the romance between yor and loid, as well as anya and bond!! (is that the dogs name??)

things i'm looking for:
- easy to watch
maybe a slice-of-life anime? something that i can watch while doing other things like playing games
- romance
it doesn't have to be a BIG aspect in the show, as long as it's there. if i can easily ship two characters i'm fine
- good characters
not the stereotypical ones, but characters who has so much personality and story that i get to learn about
- not too long
i want the episodes to be around 25-30 minutes, with maybe 2-3 seasons? i'll also accept spin-offs and movies
- idols
i LOVE idols!!!! they dont have to be in it, but it would be fun to see some idols.

my watchlist:
- oshi no ko (watched the first ep)
- zombieland saga
- the 100 girlfriends who really really etc.
- blend s
- demon slayer

there's more but i can't think of them rn!! any suggestions?

View attachment 531960

hi! erin here!!

i used to watch a lot of anime back in 2020-ish, and i've fallen out of it, but i would like to watch more!

i'm struggling to find something i can watch, so here's some animes i like already and what i'm looking for in a show:

- toradora!
DONT GET ME STARTED i love this anime, its one of my favourites!!! it has that older but not-so-old vibe to it, i love the way the characters are drawn and the way they all interact, especially minorin and ami!!

- love, chuunibyo and other delusions!
i can never spell chuunibyo (chunibyo? chunibyou?) but its such a great anime that i always associate with toradora. i also watched this with my mum and she loved it too so...

- happy sugar life
I NEVER FINISHED IT 😭 because they took it off amazon prime!!! its such a contrast between the cutesy cover and then the dark and twisted themes, i love when people do that (DDLC is one of my fav games)

- wotakoi: love is hard for otaku
so chill and easy to watch, i love the art style and the voices so much!! also the op is so catchy i cant help but sing along every time!

- spy x family (season 1)
i havent caught up yet!! i love the aspect of the romance between yor and loid, as well as anya and bond!! (is that the dogs name??)

things i'm looking for:
- easy to watch
maybe a slice-of-life anime? something that i can watch while doing other things like playing games
- romance
it doesn't have to be a BIG aspect in the show, as long as it's there. if i can easily ship two characters i'm fine
- good characters
not the stereotypical ones, but characters who has so much personality and story that i get to learn about
- not too long
i want the episodes to be around 25-30 minutes, with maybe 2-3 seasons? i'll also accept spin-offs and movies
- idols
i LOVE idols!!!! they dont have to be in it, but it would be fun to see some idols.

my watchlist:
- oshi no ko (watched the first ep)
- zombieland saga
- the 100 girlfriends who really really etc.
- blend s
- demon slayer

there's more but i can't think of them rn!! any suggestions?

View attachment 531961
I know of one show about male idols. Uta No Prince Sama. I'm pretty sure it was a "dating sim" before the anime. I've only seen the first season out of four. At the very least, this would lend itself to the shipping you mentioned. I don't know what sort of aesthetic you are after.

The otaku title you mentioned reminded me I've been wanting to see Himouto Umaru-chan. I'm pretty sure it's about a popular girl that is secretly a hardcore otaku when she's at home.

I know of one show about male idols. Uta No Prince Sama. I'm pretty sure it was a "dating sim" before the anime. I've only seen the first season out of four. At the very least, this would lend itself to the shipping you mentioned. I don't know what sort of aesthetic you are after.

The otaku title you mentioned reminded me I've been wanting to see Himouto Umaru-chan. I'm pretty sure it's about a popular girl that is secretly a hardcore otaku when she's at home.

thank you for the recommendations!

i will check out uta no prince sama definitely! the characters look so cool!

himouto umaru-chan is one i've also been meaning to watch but haven't had the time!!

Back