• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I just got around to finishing Demon Slayer, Fire Force and Fruits Basket.
Is Dr. Stone done with its season too?
Because that one also!

I just got around to finishing Demon Slayer, Fire Force and Fruits Basket.
Is Dr. Stone done with its season too?
Because that one also!

i dont think dr stone is done yet, correct me if im wrong tho.

its been amazing so far, im liking something more light hearted after steins gate lmao

Started Asterisk War. Getting through episode 1 was worth it.

oh ive watched that! honestly loads of people hate it. i quite liked it, not for the harem aspect but for the actual story. also both the ops are amazing dont skip them lol.
still annoyed it got cancelled but there u go

So who is ready for Fall 2019 anime?

Last edited:
So who is ready for Fall 2019 anime?

Me!!! I’m looking forward to a lot of things to be honest, especially bnha season 4.

Just watched the most recent episode of Black Clover and made it to episode 17 of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures.

Black Clover episode 103:

From Asta’s desperation he was able to unleash a new sword from his grimoire, which is able to remove magic effects after they have gone into effect. With this and Yuno’s help, Asta was able to restore a Purple Orca magic knight back to his original human self. They then headed further towards the capital and saw two lights, so they split up. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 2 episodes 14-16:

The three pillar men, Wamuu, Esidisi, and Kars are awakened and kill a guy that makes Caeser Zeppeli mad. Joseph Joestar has to rush in and save him and Robert E. O. Speedwagon from certain doom. In doing so, however, Joseph is given one month to live by Wamuu and Esidisi with poison rings attached inside his body. Joseph must defeat them in one month or he will die. Joseph Joestar and Caesar Zeppeli then go to train with Hamon coach, Lisa Lisa, and embark on various tasks and challenges in order to master Hamon. With only around a week remaining, the training to fight the pillar men is fierce... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes.

BUMP.

Watched a bit more of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 2 Battle Tendency last night.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 2 episodes 17-20:

Joseph Joestar and Esidisi engaged in battle, and Joseph managed to beat him using an improvised technique and predicting what his opponent’s next move would be. Unbeknownst to Joseph, however, Esidisi’s brain was on his back and followed him back to where Lisa Lisa and Suzie Q were. Esidisi’s brain then took over Suzie Q’s body, and Joseph Joestar and Caesar Zeppeli had to do a tag team Hamon move of both positive and negative energy to defeat Esidisi once and for all while also not harming Suzie Q any more. After that, the group traveled to Switzerland, where they encountered a reborn Stroheim, now a cyborg. Kars of the three pillar men was there as well, and Joseph and Stroheim battled Kars before Joseph was able to snag the red stone of Aja and Kars fall down an icy ravine. Finally, Joseph, Caesar, and the group traveled to a place and met Wamuu at a mansion. The initial decision was to not approach the mansion, but Caesar being blinded by rage and having his own reasons went ahead and was defeated by Wamuu after dealing severe damage to Wamuu. With his last Hamon energy, Caesar sent the antidote and his headband to Joseph. Saddened at Caesar’s death, Joseph cried out, “SHIZZZZZAAAA!!!” And Lisa Lisa cried as well. Now the two must head on to face an injured Wamuu and Kars, the last two of the pillar men... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes.

recently started one called Guitly Crown, its dubbed on hulu. its pretty interesting, hard for me to describe thou, so heres a description i found.

?Guilty Crown? is set in the year 2039 when Japan, which was once a great nation, has now fallen under the rule of a cruel military group known as the GHQ after the outbreak of a deadly virus known as the ?Apocalypse Virus?. Opposing this are a bunch of freedom fighters who are led by Gai Tsutsugami, who despises the GHQ and is determined to overthrow their rule with the help of his guerilla group. This is where Shu Ouma, the main protagonist, enters the story after he unknowingly acquires the ?Power of Kings? when he runs into a member of the guerilla group named Inori Yuzuriha. Shu is now forced to join the group and fight against the GHQ. Along with this, he must also learn to control his newfound power so that he can put it to some good use.

Soon, Shu finds himself getting dragged into an action-filled war where he unravels even greater conspiracies and finds himself in the middle of many lies and secrets that go all the way to the ?Apocalypse Virus?

Shu is vocied by the same guy as Ken Kaneki in Tokyo Ghoul, which got me more into it. i've only got 2 episodes left plus the OVA. im excited to see how the season ends.
i've seen rumors about a second season possibliy coming out in 2020 or 2021, but im not sure thats accurate at all. like i said, rumors.

I might have to try that one again sometime, I had trouble getting past the first episode. Still, tastes can always change, right?

Almost finished with Asterisk War, I'm sad there's no season 3 ... :'(

I might have to try that one again sometime, I had trouble getting past the first episode. Still, tastes can always change, right?

Almost finished with Asterisk War, I'm sad there's no season 3 ... :'(

it took me about 4 episodes to start getting into it. think im gonna finish it tomorrow

side note, i cant wait for more Tokyo Ghoul!
i also watched this one new one recently, Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest
i found it on hulu and its a little weird, especially one of the last few episodes with this dragon.
its a Harem, which im not really a big fan of, but i checked it out. it kept me intrigued at very least haha

I just started watching Zombie Land Saga, after finally finding out where that meme with the girl
getting hit by a truck come from, lol. At first I thought it's some horror 18+ anime, since the truck
scene was kinda brutal, until I realized that it's actually a comedy anime. For now, I only watched
the first episode completely as well as some clips on YouTube from the other episodes. I will watch
all episodes in the next days. So far, Saki is my favorite, mostly because of her personality.

Last edited:
now on the second season of noragami, the first season was great so excited to watch the second
also both ops are perfect change my mind

it took me about 4 episodes to start getting into it. think im gonna finish it tomorrow

side note, i cant wait for more Tokyo Ghoul!
i also watched this one new one recently, Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest
i found it on hulu and its a little weird, especially one of the last few episodes with this dragon.
its a Harem, which im not really a big fan of, but i checked it out. it kept me intrigued at very least haha

I think Arifureta is somewhere on my watch-list, actually. Though I can't remember where exactly...

- - - Post Merge - - -

On another note, I started Magical Girl Raising Project. Stuff got real pretty fast.

Finished JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 2 Battle Tendency.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 2 episodes 21-26:

After losing Caesar, Joseph Joestar and Lisa Lisa (later revealed to be Elizabeth) head to face off against Wamuu and Kars. Joseph and Wamuu fight in a chariot arena styled fight, and while it seems like Joseph might lose, he uses improvised strategies including using Wamuu’s own bow shot and Caesar’s headband in order to defeat Wamuu. From there, Lisa Lisa faces off against Kars, but is stabbed when she defeats only a double of him, since he cheated. Joseph fights him and he falls to his doom. It seems like he’s out of the running, but then he puts the mask with the red stone of Aja in it on himself and gains the power of any animal, becoming nearly invincible like a god. Joseph can do nothing but run away in a plane, and he leads Kars into the fiery pit of a volcano. Unfortunately though, Kars lives and slices Joseph’s arm off. As it seems like Joseph Joestar is about to die, he holds the red stone of Aja in front of Kars’s attack and it conducts the Hamon brilliantly, allowing an eruption to occur that blasts Joseph and Kars high into the sky on a rock. Kars gets hit further by some other rocks and is rocketed out into space, freezing in space and floating away forever. Meanwhile, while it seems that Joseph Joestar is dead because everyone is at his funeral, Joseph shows up and is surprised to find out they didn’t know he’s still alive (the rock he was on shielded him when it fell back into the ocean). Joseph marries Suzie Q and is told by Lisa Lisa, or Elizabeth, that she is his mother. Up next is Stardust Crusaders, part 3, which is set in the year 1987 and follows the story of Jotaro Kujo. This is when Stand abilities will start being introduced and explained... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes.

EDIT: Robert E. O. Speedwagon in top 10 anime deaths. NOOOOOO (just kidding, I know he died at old age from a heart attack, but it’s sad to see him go)!

EDIT2: Also, I almost forgot to announce this, but only 1 WEEK to go until My Hero Academia season four is released!!! Who all is excited for this upcoming season and what are you looking forward to in it? :D

Last edited:

After losing Caesar, Joseph Joestar and Lisa Lisa (later revealed to be Elizabeth) head to face off against Wamuu and Kars. Joseph and Wamuu fight in a chariot arena styled fight, and while it seems like Joseph might lose, he uses improvised strategies including using Wamuu’s own bow shot and Caesar’s headband in order to defeat Wamuu. From there, Lisa Lisa faces off against Kars, but is stabbed when she defeats only a double of him, since he cheated. Joseph fights him and he falls to his doom. It seems like he’s out of the running, but then he puts the mask with the red stone of Aja in it on himself and gains the power of any animal, becoming nearly invincible like a god. Joseph can do nothing but run away in a plane, and he leads Kars into the fiery pit of a volcano. Unfortunately though, Kars lives and slices Joseph’s arm off. As it seems like Joseph Joestar is about to die, he holds the red stone of Aja in front of Kars’s attack and it conducts the Hamon brilliantly, allowing an eruption to occur that blasts Joseph and Kars high into the sky on a rock. Kars gets hit further by some other rocks and is rocketed out into space, freezing in space and floating away forever. Meanwhile, while it seems that Joseph Joestar is dead because everyone is at his funeral, Joseph shows up and is surprised to find out they didn’t know he’s still alive (the rock he was on shielded him when it fell back into the ocean). Joseph marries Suzie Q and is told by Lisa Lisa, or Elizabeth, that she is his mother. Up next is Stardust Crusaders, part 3, which is set in the year 1987 and follows the story of Jotaro Kujo. This is when Stand abilities will start being introduced and explained... definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes.

EDIT: Robert E. O. Speedwagon in top 10 anime deaths. NOOOOOO (just kidding, I know he died at old age from a heart attack, but it’s sad to see him go)!

EDIT2: Also, I almost forgot to announce this, but only 1 WEEK to go until My Hero Academia season four is released!!! Who all is excited for this upcoming season and what are you looking forward to in it? :D

I'm looking forward to season 4 of My Hero Academia! I don't really have anything in particular that I'm expecting to see, but I'm just looking forward to more Tsu-chan since she's my favorite character from the show. :p

looking forward to seeing more of togata bc he seems like one of the main characters for this season

Back