• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

EDIT2: Also, I almost forgot to announce this, but only 1 WEEK to go until My Hero Academia season four is released!!! Who all is excited for this upcoming season and what are you looking forward to in it? :D

I... actually never watched this anime before. I heard so much about it over the time but for some reasons
I didn't check it out yet.

I... actually never watched this anime before. I heard so much about it over the time but for some reasons
I didn't check it out yet.

You definitely should! If you’re interested in action/adventure, heroes, and good storytelling plus really cool fighting scenes, then I recommend you watch MHA. You should start with season one of course, but every season pretty much has something to look forward to in it. c:

You definitely should! If you?re interested in action/adventure, heroes, and good storytelling plus really cool fighting scenes, then I recommend you watch MHA. You should start with season one of course, but every season pretty much has something to look forward to in it. c:

Sounds interesting! I will definitely check out the first season in the next days and will working forward till
I catch up with the current season. May take some time since I also watching other anime at the moment
and also being busy here and there on some days with everyday life. :)

Watched the most recent episode of Black Clover.

Black Clover episode 104:

Luck, now under the control of the elf Rufel, attacked a village with powerful lightning magic. Magna and Vanessa showed up, only to find out that it was their friend who was being controlled. Because of the immense difference in power, Vanessa had to use her red thread of fate magic to prevent Magna from being instantly killed by Luck/Rufel. Eventually, Vanessa ran out of magic and Magna as well. As Magna was about to die, Vanessa’s magic used the last of its thread to bring Asta into the fight, who blocked Luck/Rufel’s attack just in time. Asta was able to close the gap a lot in speed and fight Luck, but needed help from the others as well because even Luck’s very high speed proved to be too much for Asta. Asta, Magna, and Vanessa used a combination attack where Magna used a variation of his explosive scattershot fire magic to put smoke on the field, and Vanessa used a thread to throw off where Luck could sense Asta. Asta then managed to be right above him and smack him to the ground with his new anti-magic sword. Asta, Magna, and Vanessa are now pinned on top of Luck trying to get Asta’s new anti-magic sword to touch him so it can remove the “effects” of the reincarnation spell. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

Only 4 days left until My Hero Academia season four!!! :D

Last edited:
Whoa... :0 Haven't been around in some time. The last anime that I've watched was Fruits Basket (2019) and it was great to have finally finished it when I did. Pretty excited to see when season two of the English dub is going to be released. At the moment... I am kind of on break from watching anime since I'm not really feeling it and I don't want to force myself to watch anime when I'm not in the mood for it.

im probably going to rewatch s3 before s4 comes out so i havent forgotten everything lmao

picked death note back up and oH my god i forgot how good it is

Well, it looks like season four of My Hero Academia was delayed due to Typhoon Hagibis striking Japan. This is apparently the second typhoon in three weeks that has struck Japan. I’m keeping my heart and prayers with the people of Japan... hopefully they can make it through this alright. </3

Watched the most recent episode of My Hero Academia a little earlier. It is now available to watch on Crunchyroll/VRV and Hulu.

My Hero Academia episode 64 (season four, episode one):

This was more of a recap episode, but basically Mr. Tokuda, a freelance journalist, visited a news agency and said he would get information on who the next successor of One For All is. He eventually found out, by studying Class 1-A, that it’s Izuku Midoriya, but he decided to keep Midoriya’s secret a secret out of deep respect for the situation and how All Might saved his father when he was younger. There was a touching moment at the end of the episode where Tokuda got a picture of himself and Midoriya, however, and stored the picture inside his body, since his quirk allows him to take pictures from anywhere on his body. My favorite part of the episode is when a retired All Might walked into a store and was given ALL the meat buns by a crying and grateful clerk, xD. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes this season.

Finally finished Rising of the Shield Hero today. Unfortunately, VRV hasn't been very cooperative lately so it took longer than I wanted. Anyway, long story short...I absolutely loved it! Looking forward to seasons 2 and 3 which I understand have already been announced.

1. I have never thought a character deserved to die more than Myne and I wish Naofumi hadn't saved her. I hate the whole 'good guys don't let anybody die' mentality sometimes, and in this case Myne proved me right by turning right around and trying to poison Naofumi's party in the very next episode. I would have enjoyed seeing her get what she deserved.

2. What is up with the other heroes being so stupid and oblivious? I can see having one of them be that way and Motoyasu fits the bill perfectly, but Ren and Itsuki seem like they should be a little smarter and shouldn't believe Myne's tricks. Their hatred of Naofumi becomes frustrating to watch at times.

3. With those things said, it's still a great show with excellent characters. There are so many good characters to choose from that I'm still not sure who is my favorite. Raphtalia is awesome, Filo is cute and fun, Fitoria is sooo OP, and I'm really interested to learn more about Glass, Therese and L' Arc.

Watched the most recent episode of Black Clover!

Black Clover episode 105:

Asta, Vanessa, and Magna finally managed to get rid of the reincarnation spell placed on Luck, and he reverted from an elf to his original self. He cried and thanked them for returning him to normal, and even took them back to the Black Bulls base, which was in ruins. Waiting there was Grey, Gordon, and Henry, who were upset that Gauche had turned into an elf and went to the royal capital. Then... from the woods... came a hungry monster, Charmy!! Asta and the others thought that Charmy had been reincarnated as an elf as well, but thankfully the side of her face just had sauce on it. Charmy healed them up, Henry found out what having true friends means, and he used his magic to transform the base into a black bull that can charge. Now all of them are headed together to the royal capital in order to save the others. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

Old news but has anyone watched Mirai Nikki?

It's an interesting specimen, that's for sure haha.

YUKI

rewatched evangelion recently. watched it on netflix this time around and tbh the dub isn't bad. last time i watched eva was when i was 14, and i enjoyed it but didn't really understand its nuances. rewatching it now, i can really appreciate it a lot more.

Back