• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Ah a just checked VRV and it's not available in my region, i wished UK wasn't so strict with streaming. Does crunchy roll still have that annoying bug where you can't rewind the video? That's why I stopped using them.

Subbed is alright. But when it's a fast pace action anime, the subtitles have a tendency to appear and go really quickly. I end up rewinding it and it kills the pacing a little.

I haven’t noticed a bug like that when using them, so I would imagine it’s gone now. Also, subs and dubs is really just up to preference to be honest.

Crunchyroll depends on the anime whether they have it available in English dub or not. Of the 10ish anime I’ve watched on there so far maybe 2 or 3 of them had the dub available.

But I definitely use it for My Hero Academia as the new episodes are available shortly after they air in Japan. They don’t have the dub for that one though.

I also don’t have any problem backtracking in the video though I pretty much always watch on mobile if that matters.

Like Holla said, there’s only a handful of shows on Crunchyroll that have the English dub. If you want the English dub for most animes I think you would be better off checking out Funimation or maybe Hulu as well. Again, I don’t know a lot about other streaming services as I’ve only watched anime on Crunchyroll and VRV. This is just an educated guess based on what I’ve heard from others in the past. c:

Also another reason I use Crunchyroll is because it’s one of places where I can anime that’s available in my country. A lot of popular ones are US only which is super annoying.

I personally use VRV to watch all my anime now, because I also watch RWBY and gen:LOCK by RoosterTeeth whenever they are on, and Crunchyroll doesn?t have that. I don?t know if VRV/Crunchyroll has English dubs for their anime. I?m pretty sure Funimation does, but then again I don?t know if Funimation has My Hero Academia season four yet. I usually watch the subs for anime, so yeah.

Maybe someone can clarify this though and help you out more. c:

I have a question for you. Do you have problems with VRV? We've been using it for a few months now after switching from Crunchyroll and during the trial month it was fine, but since then it's gotten really frustrating. We randomly get the 'space invader' error when trying to watch episodes saying to try back later. Sometimes we can get into the episode if we try again right away, but often we have to go watch something else on another service and come back. I can't tell if the problem is with VRV or our internet, but we didn't have these issues on Crunchyroll and still don't on our other services like Netflix or Hulu. Was just wondering if you had noticed anything similar?

We'd really like to keep VRV for the extra content from HiDive and Rooster Teeth, but it's starting to feel like it's not worth it if we can never watch anything when we want to.

I have a question for you. Do you have problems with VRV? We've been using it for a few months now after switching from Crunchyroll and during the trial month it was fine, but since then it's gotten really frustrating. We randomly get the 'space invader' error when trying to watch episodes saying to try back later. Sometimes we can get into the episode if we try again right away, but often we have to go watch something else on another service and come back. I can't tell if the problem is with VRV or our internet, but we didn't have these issues on Crunchyroll and still don't on our other services like Netflix or Hulu. Was just wondering if you had noticed anything similar?

We'd really like to keep VRV for the extra content from HiDive and Rooster Teeth, but it's starting to feel like it's not worth it if we can never watch anything when we want to.

No, not really. The only minor problem I would say I have is the app logging me out against my will sometimes, but I say minor because then I’m able to log right back in. That’s unfortunate that it’s causing problems for you though. I wonder if there’s technical support or somewhere that can help with that. All I can really say for now is to either try watching it or using Crunchyroll/Netflix/Hulu instead. Not sure why it would do that though...

No, not really. The only minor problem I would say I have is the app logging me out against my will sometimes, but I say minor because then I’m able to log right back in. That’s unfortunate that it’s causing problems for you though. I wonder if there’s technical support or somewhere that can help with that. All I can really say for now is to either try watching it or using Crunchyroll/Netflix/Hulu instead. Not sure why it would do that though...

Hmmm...that's odd because with all of our issues I don't think we've ever been randomly logged out like that. But thanks for answering. That's good to know. I might try to find a way to contact customer service at some point, but I've been too busy lately so we're just dealing with it for now.

VRV and Funimation both have been total pains in my behind, and sometimes I have to look hard to find something that has what I want to watch. It makes me debate just buying a copy of the series if I like it enough
': D

Still, Anime Planet, 9 Anime, and Kissanime have all worked really well for me. I wish I could be of better help in that department ': D

not gonna judge you for your choices, but just letting you know those last 2 are pirated anime websites

and as always, I'm just gonna say that if you must pirate, please just go download a torrent of the anime in question

RWBY V7E1

New episode of RWBY, episode 80 dropped today!
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
The first episode of volume seven was interesting, to say the least! Team RWBY, JNR, Oscar, Qrow, and Maria took a detour once arriving to Atlas to go to Mantle instead, and there they met up with an old friend of Maria?s, Pietro, who helps people with things in Mantle as well as General Ironwood in Atlas. Then some Grimm came in and attacked the city, but Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Oscar, and Qrow took them out, along with the help of a newly rebuilt Penny Polendina! That?s right, Penny?s core was retrieved from the arena after she supposedly died back in volume three, and then she was rebuilt. She greeted Ruby enthusiastically and then took off to go take care of some other pressing matters. Qrow mentioned that things were going better than expected when the Ace Ops squad from Atlas captured everyone and sent them on their way to Atlas, to which Qrow remarked was how he expected things to go down. I?m really looking forward to the rest of the episodes in this volume as RWBY is one of my favorite shows to watch, and I?m interested to see how Salem?s forces show up in Atlas. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.
The Anime Degenerates Association

Had a little break from watching anime since I haven't been feeling the mood of watching anime. Just resumed from my break and currently watching How Not to Summon a Demon Lord for the English Dub. Decided to watch this anime because I randomly found the title somewhere and thought I should watch it. Though... I should have probably watched the ones that I placed on hold before watching the current anime that I am watching. :T Good thing that there's only 12 episodes for it.

I'm watching One Piece! And My Hero Academia since it started back up. I need to get into the new season of Food Wars as well. I do have an anime I'm really excited to watch, never watched before. The Devil is a Part Timer I believe it's called. It looks great.

Currently watching Vinland Saga and omg! It's amazing so far!! Been binge watching in bed while I recover from this nasty cold hahaha! I think someone here recommended it to me, so thanks!! <3

Currently watching Vinland Saga and omg! It's amazing so far!! Been binge watching in bed while I recover from this nasty cold hahaha! I think someone here recommended it to me, so thanks!! <3

out of curiosity, how many eps is it so far and what's happened in all those eps?

(you can spoiler tag for people, of course. I'm just curious about the pacing, as someone familiar with the manga)

Last edited:
Black Clover S3E6

New episode of Black Clover, episode 108 dropped earlier today!
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
With Nebra and Nozel down, Noelle improvised to stop Kivn by using the spell she used at the beginning of the show where she couldn?t control it. Here it worked perfectly, however, as it stopped Kivn?s Atlas and gave them the chance to fight back. However, another Atlas came back with even more power, and in order to save her siblings Noelle learned a new water magic spell, Valkyrie Armor. This allowed her to wear water magic in the form of a dress and use a lance, much like her mother could in the past before her mother died. With this, she was able to defeat Kivn. Another bunch of elves showed up, but Zora?s trap magic activated, saving Noelle?s siblings. Nozel adapted his fighting to how Noelle is, and the three of them together used an unorthodox countertrap magic spell strategy to defeat all of the elves present. The animation and choreography was pretty good in this episode, especially with the reveal of Noelle?s Valkyrie Armor. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.

I finished season 1 of Hi Score Girl today. It was a really great gaming anime with a sweet coming of age story. I look forward to watching season 2 whenever I get access to that.

New episode of Black Clover, episode 108 dropped earlier today!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
With Nebra and Nozel down, Noelle improvised to stop Kivn by using the spell she used at the beginning of the show where she couldn’t control it. Here it worked perfectly, however, as it stopped Kivn’s Atlas and gave them the chance to fight back. However, another Atlas came back with even more power, and in order to save her siblings Noelle learned a new water magic spell, Valkyrie Armor. This allowed her to wear water magic in the form of a dress and use a lance, much like her mother could in the past before her mother died. With this, she was able to defeat Kivn. Another bunch of elves showed up, but Zora’s trap magic activated, saving Noelle’s siblings. Nozel adapted his fighting to how Noelle is, and the three of them together used an unorthodox countertrap magic spell strategy to defeat all of the elves present. The animation and choreography was pretty good in this episode, especially with the reveal of Noelle’s Valkyrie Armor. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

i tried to join but seems like the invitation link is invalid

i tried to join but seems like the invitation link is invalid

Ah that's an old link. Sorry about that :p

Welcome: https://discord.gg/Ye2CpFq

Just got done watching the new Youjo Senki (Saga of Tanya the Evil) movie and I am absolutely blown away. The writing and visuals were just breathtaking! I'm so happy I found Youjo Senki back in the day and decided to watch it. It truly is a hidden gem

Last edited:
finally got my computer to play bds (tested with various monogatari releases, both import and domestic to be sure), so....
Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 12.28.34 AM.jpg
good and gay

gonna go through the dub this time, since I've already done subbed multiple times before

I want to recommend something French this group might like. Might make a separate thread. There might be a season 4 if the if those involved see enough interest.

Today I decided on Grimoire of Zero for my next anime. I was in the mood for something fantasy based and the lead characters looked cool to me. The first episode was pretty good and, as I expected, I liked both of the main characters immediately.

Back