• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Just finished an anime that I had unexpectedly placed on hold for some reason or another. The anime is called New Game! and it was fun to watch it. There is another season of the anime, but I'll probably watch that at another time. The next anime that I am planning to watch next is Sword Art Online: Alicization. Had this anime on hold too for some reason and decided that this anime would be a good change of pace from the anime that I had just finished watching. Can't wait to resume this anime. I've seen what I have said about it on this thread somewhere. So... I guess that makes me a bit hopeful. I think I was probably worried about fighting scenes from what I remembered.

ooh I didn't very much like new game. I know lots of people who do though.

Am I the only one that thinks K-On! is actually a charming anime despite the cute girls drinking tea thing? At first it turned me off because of everyone saying thats all the show is. To a degree, they're right, however the bond the girls get legit get me teary eyed.

Especially when they sing their song that they wrote to Azusa.

I fnally gave Naruto a watch to see why so many anime fans seemed to dislike it.

Now, I finally understand.

Every character and their mother had a flashback, often one flashback leading to another or a flashback within a flashback. As the series was approaching its end, the problem only got worse.

I opted to read the manga instead, finding the anime unbearable to watch, only to realise that even the manga was riddled with unnecessary filler. I had to finish what I started though.

Sasuke was a terrible character. His motivation were unfocused and often unreasonable. Sakura along with most of the other female characters in Naruto was also poorly written and understandably disliked. Most of the actual good characters go unused or are completely fazed out toward the end. There was way too many generic anime tropes. And the final battle was such a painful drag. Just when I thought the story was about to conclude, it turns out the final boss had another form along with more flashbacks to accompany.

Naruto is one series I can not see myself revisiting. Sure it had its good moments, but the final payoff is hardly worth the torture.

I fnally gave Naruto a watch to see why so many anime fans seemed to dislike it.

Now, I finally understand.

Every character and their mother had a flashback, often one flashback leading to another or a flashback within a flashback. As the series was approaching its end, the problem only got worse.

I opted to read the manga instead, finding the anime unbearable to watch, only to realise that even the manga was riddled with unnecessary filler. I had to finish what I started though.

Sasuke was a terrible character. His motivation were unfocused and often unreasonable. Sakura along with most of the other female characters in Naruto was also poorly written and understandably disliked. Most of the actual good characters go unused or are completely fazed out toward the end. There was way too many generic anime tropes. And the final battle was such a painful drag. Just when I thought the story was about to conclude, it turns out the final boss had another form along with more flashbacks to accompany.

Naruto is one series I can not see myself revisiting. Sure it had its good moments, but the final payoff is hardly worth the torture.

Then there is Shippuden and Boruto.

Am I the only one that thinks K-On! is actually a charming anime despite the cute girls drinking tea thing? At first it turned me off because of everyone saying thats all the show is. To a degree, they're right, however the bond the girls get legit get me teary eyed.

Especially when they sing their song that they wrote to Azusa.

Lol I love Mugi from that series

I started watching Magi Labyrinth of Magic a few months back. I stopped watching for a bit but I've recently picked it up again.

I watch a mix of dub/sub depending on the anime and this one I went with dub as there are a few notable voice actors in it that are some of my faves. I've also only ever heard Matt Mercer in video games before and I must say he's even better in anime.

I'm considering watching Yuru Camp. Anyone seen this? Is it worth it or is it just another forgettable moe show? Legit wondering!

I'm considering watching Yuru Camp. Anyone seen this? Is it worth it or is it just another forgettable moe show? Legit wondering!

Idk but I've planned on watching that sometime. Been wondering the same thing myself

honestly, just check out an episode or two and decide for yourself

I've heard plenty good things about to put it on my backlog and know it did well enough to get more stuff, but like.... "forgettable moe show" basically means nothing, when you could swap "moe" for any other general genre term and apply others shows to that genre

ex: "forgettable action show" for an action anime

Last edited:
honestly, just check out an episode or two and decide for yourself

I've heard plenty good things about to put it on my backlog and know it did well enough to get more stuff, but like.... "forgettable moe show" basically means nothing, when you could swap "moe" for any other general genre term and apply others shows to that genre

ex: "forgettable action show" for an action anime

Yeah I guess I should have worded that better. I mean like a show that doesn't stand out and is almost a waste of time when I could watch another show similar to it but it does it better. If that makes sense.

I'll definitely check it out though and see what it's like! Definitely not expecting the characters to be interesting but the camping vibe is new to me so I'm excited for that.

My Hero Academia S4E5/RWBY V7E3

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 68 and 82 respectively, dropped yesterday!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
As far as MHA goes, I thought Kirishima?s power up of his quirk, hardening, in order to withstand the drug-boosted blade guy?s attacks was pretty awesome. For RWBY, I really enjoyed seeing the Ace Ops squad in action for the first time, as well as Ruby and the gang with new outfits and new weapons. Definitely looking forward to the next episodes for both shows
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.
The Anime Degenerates Association

Wow, 98 pages! Anyway, I’m almost finished binging Ace of Diamond. I like it and I’m going to miss it when it’s over.

Last edited:
Black Clover S3E8

New episode of Black Clover, episode 110 dropped earlier today!
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-
I thought it was interesting how Raia awakened elf Fana and elf Vetto, so that they had been reincarnated. Asta and everyone else on the Raging Black Bull showed up to the party at the Clover Castle, only for the elves to show up too. Now, with some of the Black Bulls separated, Asta, Gordon, Grey, and Henry must fight Droit, the elf who is inhabiting Gauche?s body. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.
The Anime Degenerates Association

I've been procrastinating but I'd really like to get back into Black Clover

Last edited:
I've been procrastinating but I'd really like to get back into Black Clover

i want to get into black clover purely bc of op 3

You guys definitely should! I know it’s shounen and people say it’s not that good, but that’s not really true anymore. Sure, the first season was kind of meh (aside from the fight against Vetto, that was FIRE), but the build up since then has been phenomenal.

I will say the first six episodes or so are kind of slow, so be prepared for that, but the further into the anime you get the more interesting it becomes. The story is actually good for the most part, the jokes are great, and I love the fact that Asta wasn’t born with any magic but somehow becomes stronger than anyone else due to all the hard work he puts in every day (and I also relate to that on a personal level).

At least give it a try for sure. :blush:

Katsura quickly became one of my all-time favorite anime characters

Last edited:
Back