• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I finished Grimoire of Zero today. It was pretty good, not outstanding but not bad either. The story was fairly predictable, but I liked most of the characters so that made up for it. I only took major issue with...
Thirteen's sudden change of heart.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it too highly but it's a fun way to kill some time.

Next up, my husband has recommended The Perfect Insider so I'll be watching that.

My Hero Academia S4E6/RWBY V7E4

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 69 and 83 respectively, dropped on Saturday!
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I thought it was cool how the heroes got together to figure out how to deal with Overhaul, whose quirk allows him to disassemble and reassemble things, thereby giving him the power to kill at will. Izuku Midoriya and Mirio Togata resolved to save Eri from Overhaul, and the heroes put their plan into action. Meanwhile in RWBY, Ruby and the others finally received their hunter licenses. Unfortunately, Jacques Schnee showed up and was livid with General Ironwood. At the end of the episode Arthur Watts, who works for Salem, showed up at Jacques?s room to make a proposal... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes for both shows!
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.
The Anime Degenerates Association

I just finished "The Devil is a Part Timer" yesterday and I'm so mad that no networks were willing to pick up a second season, even thought the author totally loved the anime adaptation of his work and has tried to get a studio to do a second season. It was amazing!

I just finished "The Devil is a Part Timer" yesterday and I'm so mad that no networks were willing to pick up a second season, even thought the author totally loved the anime adaptation of his work and has tried to get a studio to do a second season. It was amazing!

I love that anime! It was fantastic!

I stumbled upon Gankutsuou... it’s very... hmmm, I dare anyone to watch it... Go on, I dare you...

No, nothing like that. I’m only on episode 11 and I don’t want to influence your impression, let me know what you think when you get around to watching it...

I finally started watching Dr. Stone, it's interesting so far. I figured I'd start something new since the only other thing I was watching was like, the new episodes of My Hero Academia and it's painful, waiting for these new episodes. I've been reading the manga and the arc that the anime's covering currently is really good and every episode so far has really been so much more impactful seeing it animated.

I was interested in watching that anime, maybe soon I could do that since something simple and funny would be nice, especially since I've been feeling kinda bad recently and I need something more lighthearted and less deep/emotional to watch.

I love both those animes! Dr Stone is one of my top continders for best anime of the year.

Black Clover S3E9

New episode of Black Clover, episode 111 dropped earlier today!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I thought it was cool how Sally helped Vanessa, Luck, Magna, and Charmy think of a way out of elf Dorothy Unsworth’s Glamour World spell by saying things like “glasses” and then “doors” for an exit. Meanwhile, Captain Yami and Captain Jack are confused by elf David. Asta, Henry, Grey, and Gordon worked together tirelessly to try and beat Droit, who is inhabiting Gauche’s body. Henry became resolved to save his friends no matter what. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
Discuss it here and/or on TA-DA (Discord link at the bottom)! Please remember to also keep spoilers between fans that are up to date.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Also made it to episode 18 of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders episodes 12-17:

Jotaro and the gang faced off against a bunch of Stand users including Enyaba, who was used by DIO in order to try and kill the gang. Dan of Steel then killed Enyaba and proved to be a challenging opponent for Jotaro and the others, but they managed to beat him. His Stand, Lovers, allowed him to synchronize with another person so that whatever damage happens to him, happens to them. Polnareff and Kakyoin were able to undergo shrinking their Stands into Joseph Joestar’s ear however, to defeat his Stand. When Jotaro finally beat Dan of Steel up, he threw a piece of paper with his name on it and said, “here’s your receipt,” which I thought was really cool. Also, can I just say I love how Polnareff is an international treasure. When they found one of the dead guys in the episode against Enyaba, Polnareff said, “He looks like the cheese from Tom & Jerry!” LOL! Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes and finishing part three of JJBA!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Announcement!

The anime thread has finally reached 100 pages! I sincerely thank everyone who has posted in this thread over the last year+, and I look forward to seeing even more anime discussion happen in the thread as time goes on. Thanks everyone :]​

Last edited:
No, nothing like that. I?m only on episode 11 and I don?t want to influence your impression, let me know what you think when you get around to watching it...

It might be a while since I have other anime as higher priority, but I'll definitely post here whenever I do get around to it.

I'm a huge fan of Death Note (both anime and manga). It's so nostalgic because when I was in my emo phase, I was SOOO into it. My old friend, Beth, got me into it biiiiiiiiiiiig time. I remember just watching it constantly, relishing in every moment I watched it. I loved Light as an anti-hero. Mello and Ryuk are my favourite characters by far :p

I also love the manga and anime! I?ve also rewatched the anime many times. I love the character L he?s smart.

Just made it to JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt arc.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders episodes 18-24:

Jotaro and the gang faced off against a Sun Stand, a Stand called Death 13 that can kill you in your dreams, a Stand called Judgment that grants you three wishes, but at a price, and a Stand called the High Priestess that can turn into anything with minerals in it. Avdol was found to be alive, and arrived just in time to help Polnareff defeat the Judgment Stand. The five are now in Egypt and are on their way to confronting DIO. I have to say, man is part 3 long, but it sure is enjoyable. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

My Hero Academia S4E7/RWBY V7E5

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 70 and 84 respectively, dropped earlier today!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In My Hero Academia, Nighteye and everyone else gathered starts searching for the hideout of the Shie Hassaikai group. They find out that they?re holding Eri, the young bandaged girl, hostage in their main hideout along with Overhaul. The heroes devise a plan with the police and storm the hideout, but the Shie Hassaikai are already aware of their pursuit. Stuff is definitely going to go down in the next episodes, which I?m looking forward to. In RWBY, Ruby and the gang begin training themselves in Atlas, and Flynt Coal and Neon Katt even make an appearance, along with their two other team members. On the way to drop off supplies at Amity Arena, Qrow, Ruby, Penny, and Clover (the leader of the Atlas Ace Ops) are stopped by a person from Mantle named Robin, who is running for a council spot. She asks why supplies are being dropped off at Amity Arena frequently and not Mantle, but lets them pass. At the end of the episode Jacques Schnee makes a pitch in his run for a council seat as he says he will oppose General Ironwood and his embargo, and open the borders to Atlas. He must have been talked to by Arthur Watts, who works for Salem, into doing this so that she can invade Atlas with her Grimm army. This news by Jacques Schnee causes unrest and riots begin in the streets of Mantle under Atlas... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

I'm reading Bleach currently. The first time, I watched the anime, but I got bored around the Hueco Mundo arc, so I dropped it. I thought there were too many fillers, long recaps, and plot repetition and a few characters, like Orihime or Uruyu just weren't interesting.

Bleach seems to be a mixed bag, some liked it while most anime fans didn't or say after Aizen, the quality really dropped. I'm reading the manga to hopefully finish the story quicker and decide for myself whether I like it or not. So far, so good, I'm just starting to get to the Hueco Mundo part which I remember being boring in the anime. Maybe if I read it instead, I'll like the story more this time.

Last edited:
I rewrote the ending of Banana Fish in my mind... Sometimes you’ve just gotta do what you’ve gotta do ya know? I’m currently watching phi brain but I can’t recommend it even though it’s got a lot of stars. I mean, what’s up with those lines on their faces?

Back