• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

This is one of my favorite AMVs ever, more than toast productions is a legend. Its kinda sad that long-form AMVs isnt as prominent as before.

Last edited:
Watched more of the JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt arc.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt arc episodes 30-35:

Jotaro and Polnareff were waiting on Joseph Joestar and Avdol to arrive to have breakfast with them. Meanwhile, Joseph Joestar got shocked by an electrical outlet on a rock in the desert. It was later found out to be the work of an enemy Stand, Mariah and her Bastet. It turned Joseph Joestar into a magnet, and when Avdol saved him he got shocked by the electrical outlet as well. Since they were both magnets, they got stuck to each other and some funny antics went on where Joseph Joestar and Avdol couldn’t get apart from each other. Trying to do so just made things look suggestive and risque and a crowd watched the two struggle to separate from each other. Ngl, it was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long while and I laughed a ton at this episode, LOL. Eventually they cornered Mariah and were on both sides of her with many metal things attached to themselves. They got attracted to each other and crushed her in the space between to win. Meanwhile, Polnareff came into contact with Alessi, whose Stand Set catches peoples’ shadows and makes them younger. Polnareff got turned all the way into a three year old and a lady who took care of him got turned into a fetus before Jotaro showed up. Jotaro was made to be younger as well by Alessi’s Stand, but knocked Alessi out anyway, and with Polnareff’s help defeated him. Finally, the four were getting iced tea at a cafe and drinking it at the same time when D’arby the Gambler challenged Polarneff to a game of seeing which meat a cat nearby would eat first, the meat on the left or right. Polnareff chose right, and D’arby chose left. Polnareff had to wager his soul and D’arby wagered he would tell them where DIO’s hideout is. The cat went to the left right at the lest second and Polnareff essentially died for a little bit, because the cat was actually D’arby’s cat. Joseph Joestar then played a game with D’arby to put coins in a full glass and see who would make it overflow. Jotaro tried to watch for cheating, but even though Joseph Joestar cheated, D’arby won and Joseph Joestar lost his soul as well. Jotaro challenged D’arby to a game of poker, which D’arby is best at, and bet him not only his soul, but Avdol’s and Kakyoin’s as well on some cards he hadn’t even looked at. This freaked D’arby out so much that he lost his cool and essentially retired. It was the dumbest bet in the history of poker by Jotaro, but he won since D’arby couldn’t even bring himself to call. Polnareff and Joseph Joestar’s souls were returned to their bodies, and the four left to go further into Cairo to find DIO. Definitely looking forward to binging the next episodes!

Do you guys count the Pokemon anime as true anime?

If so, I've been watching the Gen 3 anime for a while now. It's pretty great.

Do you guys count the Pokemon anime as true anime?

If so, I've been watching the Gen 3 anime for a while now. It's pretty great.

Yeah, I would consider Pokemon to be anime, especially because there’s a Japanese sub and an English dub for it.

Out of Pokemon, RWBY, and Avatar The Last Airbender, the only one I wouldn’t consider to be anime is Avatar The Last Airbender. My reasoning may be flawed, but it’s my opinion anyway. I think there’s actually even a Japanese dub of RWBY too by now (as in, RWBY was an anime produced in the US, but has a couple volumes released in Japan as well).

^ sounds interesting! I’m not sure how it’ll compare to the original but I may check it out

- - - Post Merge - - -

^ sounds interesting! I?m not sure how it?ll compare to the original but I may check it out

My Hero Academia S4E9/RWBY V7E7

New episodes of My Hero Academia and RWBY, episodes 72 and 86 respectively, dropped yesterday!
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
In My Hero Academia, the main group was heading onwards as the Shie Hassaikai attacked Eraser Head, but Fat Gum and Kirishima got in the way and were transported to a room where they had to fight Rappa and Hekiji. Rappa?s quirk allows him to punch really hard and fast, while Hekiji?s quirk allows him to put up barriers. The two of them are two of the Eight Bullets of the Shie Hassaikai. Kirishima was immediately knocked away by Rappa?s attack and took serious damage, even in his intense hardening state. Fat Gum then took the brunt of Rappa?s attacks without Hekiji getting in the way, and was about to die. We got some backstory on Kirishima as he remembers how he always felt helpless in middle school, but then changed to become stronger after hearing the Pro Hero Crimson Riot?s words. That he?s afraid of dying and danger, but that he throws himself into those situations willingly because that?s what it means to be a hero. As Fat Gum was almost finished charging up his special attack but didn?t have enough time, Kirishima ran in front of him and took more attacks from Rappa. Ordinarily, he would have died instead, but he kept hardening his body every time it cracked. He then punched Rappa but his punch hit Hejiki?s shield. Kirishima fell back and Fat Gum said his efforts were not in vain, as his special attack was fully charged. He launched it through his fist and broke through Hejiki?s shield, landing a devastating blow on both Rappa and Hejiki. Fat Gum then said, ?In a battle of spear and shield, we are the winners!?
In RWBY, chaos is on the streets as Tyrian was trying to frame Penny for what happened to Robyn Hill?s party. Robyn Hill became a vigilante, but Yang and Blake cornered her and told her more of the truth, namely that the supplies were being gathered to build a tower at Amity Arena. Meanwhile, Oscar and General Ironwood had a talk and General Ironwood revealed the fact that the winter relic is what?s keeping Atlas afloat. At the end of the episode we found out that everyone and General Ironwood is invited to dinner by Jacques Schnee, who is now on the council and is going to try and force General Ironwood to retire. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes for both shows!

I am watching "A Place Further Than the Universe" and "Yuru Camp" as the air. I also just finished "out Love has Always Been 10cm Apart" last night. All three were and are fantastic.

Finished JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt arc, thereby finishing JJBA part 3!

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders - Battle in Egypt arc episodes 36-48:

Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar, Avdol, Kakyoin, Polnareff, and Iggy faced a number of Stand users including Hol Horse and Monadatta again, who tried to use their Stands to shoot and kill Jotaro with Hol Horse’s Emperor. Unfortunately for Hol Horse, he shot his bullets into an open pipe leading to Jotaro too soon for Monadatta’s prediction and they went around and hit him instead, and Iggy took care of Monadatta. Iggy then faced the Guardian of Hell, or Horus, and their Stand Pet Shop. It was a challenging Stand, but Iggy managed to win... at the cost of one of their front legs. Jotaro and the gang then rushed DIO’s hideout and Jotaro, Kakyoin, and Joseph Joestar had to fight D’arby Younger, the younger brother of the gambler D’arby, in video games. Kakyoin challenged D’arby Younger to F-Mega, but lost and had his soul taken. Jotaro then faced D’arby Younger in a game of, “OH! THAT’S A BASEBALL!” Jotaro managed to win by having Joseph help him cheat, and D’arby Younger couldn’t figure this out so he was defeated. Meanwhile, Avdol, Polnareff, and Iggy encountered Cool Ice and his Stand Miasma of the Void. Avdol pushed Polnareff out of the way at the last minute and Avdol was disintegrated, dying to Cool Ice. Polnareff and Iggy then put on an impressive display, but couldn’t quite win yet. Iggy then sacrificed himself as a dog so that Polnareff could defeat Cool Ice and win. Joseph Joestar, Kakyoin, Polnareff, and Jotaro then encountered DIO and his Stand, The World (Za Warudo!). DIO defeated Kakyoin, but before Kakyoin died he managed to send a message to Joseph Joestar that DIO’s Stand can stop time. Jotaro learned of this and eventually defeated DIO, with the help of Polnareff. After over a hundred years DIO’s life finally came to an end, and Jotaro, Joseph Joestar, and Polnareff parted ways. Overall, part three was really long but also very good. I can see clearly now why JJBA is as respected as it is because of how well it’s written. Definitely looking forward to binging part 4, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures - Diamond is Unbreakable!

Finally got the first 2 seasons of Food Wars! Found premium box sets at a deep discount. Even came with a pink apron I'd like to see on someone else.

Not sure I can show this guy's second unboxing.

Finally got the first 2 seasons of Food Wars! Found premium box sets at a deep discount. Even came with a pink apron I'd like to see on someone else.

Not sure I can show this guy's second unboxing.

Holy moly that looks expensive and fancy! How much?!

Holy moly that looks expensive and fancy! How much?!

According to an online shop, they list the season 1 limited premium at $200, season 2 limited premium at $170. During their holiday sale it's $36.05 and $35.02. Third season is still pricey at $117 from $180.

Last edited:
I cant stand idol animes but I absolutely adore Zombie land saga! Cant wait for the new season :D

Also got a couple other oldies, Papuwa and Haunted Junction. Papuwa feels a bit like a fusion of Hare+Guu and Bobobo, but predates them both.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I normally don't watch idol animes but it came highly recommended and it's obviously not your typical idol anime. :p

I wonder if you'd consider Uta no Prince sama an idol show.

I wonder if you'd consider Uta no Prince sama an idol show.

I looked it up and it does seem like an idol anime, just with a lot more male characters. But being an idol anime doesn't mean I think it's bad. I just usually gravitate towards the more serious dramas, action, or fantasy anime. Of course, every now and then it's fun to try something different.

I looked it up and it does seem like an idol anime, just with a lot more male characters. But being an idol anime doesn't mean I think it's bad. I just usually gravitate towards the more serious dramas, action, or fantasy anime. Of course, every now and then it's fun to try something different.

Idol is a new genre for me. I do like to cast a wide net. I've been meaning to find something called Petshop of Horrors.

Back