• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Season two of Re Zero is coming out July 8th, I recommend watching the recently released directors cut of season one to get you back into anime but you can never go wrong with GinTama
thanks! gintama is funny tbh and i like it a lot, which is why i want to get back into it.

i only read the manga since i heard about it before the anime (which i didn’t even bother with since i disliked the manga so much), and it was kind of a train wreck from start to finish? i just didn’t connect with it at all haha, i think the (in my opinion) one-dimensional characters kind of broke the immersion for me. but it’s strange! my friend said he didn’t like it either, but every review i find online praises it ;;

You're right! So many of the reviews are positive and praise how well it mirrors the ugly side of life. The reviewers say it's so realistic, they become completely immersed in it. I, like you, found the characters to be quite one-dimensional, and therefore unrealistic. Saeki was very bland. Not much depth to her. And although people claim Nakamura perfectly captures how broken and cynical people can be, she kinda had the opposite effect on me. Like, I found her extreme behaviour made her seem LESS realistic. Kasuga was perhaps the most believable character, but that's not saying much. His decisions were so poor, I couldn't get attached to him at all.

Just finished Your Lie In April. Very good anime about sad topics. Probably the best final episode I've ever seen from an anime. Very bittersweet.

I have to rewatch it again to pick up on everything, but I really appreciate all of the revelations at the end. Like Kaori dating "womanizer" Ryouta so that Kousei wouldn't even consider making a move. Her saying she wants to be remembered for her music, not caring about competitions. Or her bringing up double suicide so that he realizes that it's a terrible choice he doesn't want to make. It also explains weird moments, like in the beginning how Kaori just playing in the beginning instead of being at the rendezvous spot. I also really appreciate how her sickness didn't come up super suddenly, but was set up properly.

i watched 5 centimeters per second on youtube and i have to say... oh boy have i forgotten how little slice of life animes revolve around setting a moral at the end! i waited a few second after it ended thinking 'wait, what was i supposed to learn there?'
i guess its sort of refreshing when there isnt constantly a lecture behind a film, though.
(im confused why he didnt even show interest in kanae even after her referencing the 5 metres per second thing lol)

after taking the weekend off, i'm going to continue my one piece binge, i'm hoping to be at the latest episode by next month :)
Oh boy! That's some dedication! I ended up dropping the show a while ago :c I guess for me, it felt like I was only getting 15 min or less of showtime... it had the op, then a recap from the previous ep and then the ed. It just didn't feel like it was worth it for me to keep watching it, but I'm sure I'll get back into some time... that or I'll just end up rewatching "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" lol

Oh boy! That's some dedication! I ended up dropping the show a while ago :c I guess for me, it felt like I was only getting 15 min or less of showtime... it had the op, then a recap from the previous ep and then the ed. It just didn't feel like it was worth it for me to keep watching it, but I'm sure I'll get back into some time... that or I'll just end up rewatching "Katekyo Hitman Reborn!" lol

the beauty of timestamps to skip the recaps helps

So I am finally caught up on Ahiru no Sora and oh man!!!! Why Momoharu?! Why?! I can't believe he turned down Madoka when be clearly likes her too! And---I am still in disbelief that Sora's mother passed away...I really believed she was getting better and would be their team manager and lead them to victory 😭 Then on top of this, the whole basketball team has been disbanded and their lockeroom has been taken away after they worked so hard to repair it too :/ These guys can't seem to catch a break.
On a random note, watching this is making me miss Haikyuu. I really wanted to see Karasuno go against the Miya twins XD

Well, good, now I don’t have to watch Ahiru no Sora but what I want to know is if I’m the only one that thinks White Album is just weird? It’s a train wreck, all over the place and I almost don’t want to admit I’ve watched this one, it’s that strange... I’m going back to rewatching GinTama to purify myself, I’ve got two episodes of season one left and it just keeps getting more and more bizarre so I doubt I’ll watch the second season, I think I’d rather watch Konosuba for the eighth time.

So I am finally caught up on Ahiru no Sora and oh man!!!! Why Momoharu?! Why?! I can't believe he turned down Madoka when be clearly likes her too! And---I am still in disbelief that Sora's mother passed away...I really believed she was getting better and would be their team manager and lead them to victory 😭 Then on top of this, the whole basketball team has been disbanded and their lockeroom has been taken away after they worked so hard to repair it too :/ These guys can't seem to catch a break.
On a random note, watching this is making me miss Haikyuu. I really wanted to see Karasuno go against the Miya twins XD
Well, good, now I don’t have to watch Ahiru no Sora but what I want to know is if I’m the only one that thinks White Album is just weird? It’s a train wreck, all over the place and I almost don’t want to admit I’ve watched this one, it’s that strange... I’m going back to rewatching GinTama to purify myself, I’ve got two episodes of season one left and it just keeps getting more and more bizarre so I doubt I’ll watch the second season, I think I’d rather watch Konosuba for the eighth time.
You can totally still watch, I caught up after reading @ Lattecakes post and I still teared up... their post was what actually made me pick it up again lol

I feel like I watched it.... but I might've dropped it... it's a long lost memory now 😂 (White Album)

I kinda want to rewatch Tokyo Godfathers for a good comedic relief

I hadn’t watched any anime stuff in ages, but I recently got into MHA and it’s amazing. I swear I’m not just saying that because of your name. I mean, the story itself is awesome so far. It’s not so predicable that it’s boring, but it also doesn’t feel random or like it was just thrown together. Also, the character design is incredible (froppy has my heart!! also I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t think Eraserhead was kinda hot... oop.) I appreciate that the rest of class 1-a isn’t ignored - they all get stories and character development. I’m so geeked over it all right now! I think it hits the perfect ratio of action scenes vs. comedy/everyday stuff scenes for me as well. I’m at season 4 now, but it doesn’t have a dubbed version on Hulu yet as far as I know. Subbed isn’t a problem for me in general, but lately I’ve been enjoying playing switch games while watching (multitasking is relaxing for me) and it’s hard to do that when you have to read the words to understand what’s going on. I’ll need to set aside some time to focus on it.

I've lagged on the bnha anime (stopped at the introduction of UA's Big Three in Season 3), but I'm fully caught up on the manga. The manga is hardcore stressing me out right now.

One of my ACNL characters has a small hero office on his second floor and I spent an unmentionable amount of hours creating Hawks' shirt and jacket (also UA gym shirt, Fat Gum's Jacket, and various pixel character shirts) 😅

My favourite anime growing up was Gundam Wing and no one can tell me that there is a better suit than Deathscythe (Hell), lol.

You can totally still watch, I caught up after reading @ Lattecakes post and I still teared up... their post was what actually made me pick it up again lol

I feel like I watched it.... but I might've dropped it... it's a long lost memory now 😂 (White Album)

I kinda want to rewatch Tokyo Godfathers for a good comedic relief
Ahh, I am glad my post inspired you to continue watching the show. I didn't think someone would read my post (I am used to people not reading my posts more than reading it lol). Now that I know there is a slight chance of that happening, I will be sure to post a spoiler warning before sharing my feelings and thoughts >_<
And yess, what happened is so sad right? I teared up too. Did you see this week's episode? It's definitely the official starting point for them and I am excited to see them at their best 😭

Ahh, I am glad my post inspired you to continue watching the show. I didn't think someone would read my post (I am used to people not reading my posts more than reading it lol). Now that I know there is a slight chance of that happening, I will be sure to post a spoiler warning before sharing my feelings and thoughts >_<
And yess, what happened is so sad right? I teared up too. Did you see this week's episode? It's definitely the official starting point for them and I am excited to see them at their best 😭
I noticed not a lot of people reply to posts, but this thread was made to discuss anime and since I have no one IRL to talk to about anime, I'll take any chance I can get here 😅 😂
I think I stoped watching literally one episode before all 💩 went down 😭 YESSSS I DID!!!! The teacher's wife bugged me a bit, but I understand where she's coming from!
I've lagged on the bnha anime (stopped at the introduction of UA's Big Three in Season 3), but I'm fully caught up on the manga. The manga is hardcore stressing me out right now.

One of my ACNL characters has a small hero office on his second floor and I spent an unmentionable amount of hours creating Hawks' shirt and jacket (also UA gym shirt, Fat Gum's Jacket, and various pixel character shirts) 😅

My favourite anime growing up was Gundam Wing and no one can tell me that there is a better suit than Deathscythe (Hell), lol.
Mecha is so hard for me to get into : c some of the VERY few mechas I like are Bokurano (favorite mecha) and Kuromukuro
I think one of the earliest animes I ever watched (besides hamtaro and mirmo zibang) was Ranma 1/2

Back