• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Based on anime this season and continuation of Plunderer from last season:

- Watched Kaguya sama wa Kokurasetai! Tensai tachi no Renai Zunousen 2 episode 11, the episode focuses on Ishigami and I would totally like to have a friend like Ishigami, I'm glad he managed to get over the past with Ogino and move on! Thoroughly enjoyed this latest episode, rate 10/10 :)
- Watched Plunderer episode 24, I'm curious who Pele actually is considering he seems dangerous when he confronted Rihito. Excited to see Rihito take on Alcia to recover more original ballots (reminds me a little of Dragon Ball now) :LOL:

- Finish watching Kami no Tou and the plot twist with Rachel is just ... Interested in season 2 to see how much the kind-hearted Bam will change and what adventures await him during his climb up the tower :unsure:
I actually dropped the first two you mentioned 😅 although, I've been thinking about going back to "Love is War" but I'm still not sure... glad you're liking them though, just because they weren't for me, doesn't mean they aren't good or enjoyable.

DUDE OMG WHAT?! I really don't know how I feel about that ending... I'm still giving Rachel the benefit of doubt but come on, there's only so much I can let her get away with. The main reason I'm giving her this benefit is because she was most definitely influences into her choices... sure, at the end of the day the choice was hers, but I think she regrets her actions.

Recently I've been thinking about rewatching "Skip Beat!" but I've been having a hard time actually going through with it... don't get me wrong, I REALLY like the show, I've rewatched multiple times already. It's just that it never got a second season and I think the anime was incredibly deserving of one, so every time I watch the last episode, I just feel like I'm left "wishing for more" if that makes sense. I've tried reading the manga... but it just makes me wish that there was a second season even more so I stopped. Are there any shows y'all were hoping would get a second or newer season but never did? For me it's Skip Beat! and Bamboo Blade (I'm sure I have others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head)

I haven't really watched any new anime lately. I think the last new anime I watched was Megalo Box. I've just been rewatching old favorites in between playing video games. Currently I'm rewatching Hajime no Ippo, but after this I'll have to take a look at some of the new stuff that's come out in the past couple of years. I'm thinking of checking out that running anime that I forget the name of right now (I promise I watch more than just sports anime).
Are there any shows y'all were hoping would get a second or newer season but never did?
I was hoping that Kuragehime would get another season, but it never happened.

A huge thank you to everyone that has been posting in this thread recently. I haven’t been watching as much anime as of late as I’m dealing with a lot of things these days. I really do appreciate it. 💚

Watched episodes three through thirteen of Tower of God!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Bam, Khun, and Rak make it through the door test by choosing any door. The goal of the test was to choose any door at all within the time limit. From there, the next competition for everyone is the crown game, where teams must fight for five rounds and keep control of the crown to win. The rules are simple. One person must sit on the throne with the crown and cannot move from there. The other two on their team must defend them from the teams that choose to participate in each round. Everyone is in rooms with a buzzer on the wall that lets them decide which round they want to participate in. Anaak takes the crown at first and sits on the throne. She controls the Green April, which is one of the 13 Months Series swords, much like the Black March that Yuri gave Bam. Anaak then makes a bet with Bam in which if his team can win the game, she will give him the Green April. But if he loses he must hand over the Black March. Rachel and two unknown individuals show up during the game. Khun uses his copy skills to help Bam steal the throne, and they have backup from others to defend Bam. Someone tries to hurt Rachel, and Bam defends her, getting knocked on the head and wounded, falling to the ground. In order to protect her, Bam releases a lot of Shinsu that keeps the opponent from hurting Rachel, but also melts the crown as well. No one ends up winning the game as Bam left the throne and the crown was melted anyway. After the game, Lero Ro questions Hansung about the game and this is where tension starts building between them. A couple days pass and Bam finally wakes up. Rachel had asked Khun to lie to Bam and tell him that she was never present. Due to losing the bet, Anaak receives the Black March from Bam, but cannot activate it. The participants left alive who still wish to climb the tower are then split into positions or classes. There’s the Fishermen who excel in close quarters combat, the Spear Bearers who attack from afar, the Lighthouse Bearers who gather information and provide light, and the Wave Controllers who can use Shinsu. Bam is assigned to be a Wave Controller, Khun is assigned to be a Light Bearer, and Rak is assigned to be a Spear Bearer. The rest of the participants receive their positions/classes. Bam then meets one of the two unknown individuals from earlier, Endorsi of Jahad, who is a Princess of Jahad. She ends up fighting Anaak, who is revealed to be a fake Princess of Jahad because her mother had her, and Princesses of Jahad are banned from having children. Everyone except Rak and Ghost, the last unnamed individual from earlier, failed their classes so they must participate in a final placement test in which each team tries to capture the other team’s “it”. Team A, Khun’s team, is up first and despite almost winning with Anaak almost successfully escaping the area, it is revealed that Khun betrayed his teammates and helped Quant catch up to her to steal her tag. This is only because Khun wanted to make sure certain people pass the final test though, including Bam, and to leave hints for Team B, Bam’s team. Bam‘s team is up next, but Endorsi ends up turning on her teammates, which makes Bam question things. Meanwhile down below, Hoh, one of the participants, threatens to kill Rachel because he thinks that in doing so, Bam will go away as well. Bam rushes down and catches up with them, and Quant and Endorsi are there too. Hoh stabs Rachel, and then is paralyzed by Bam’s Shinsu. Hoh realizes that he had been deceived and says he was always envious of Bam, before taking himself out for good. Endorsi and Bam fight Quant together and at first it seems like Quant stole Endorsi’s tag, but winds up with her panties and Endorsi has the tag from Quant and Team B, meaning team B wins. The results are displayed not long after Hoh’s funeral, and a good amount of participants pass not including Ghost and Rachel due to her injury. Bam reveals himself as an Irregular, someone who entered the tower on his own, in order to ask that everyone is given the administrator’s test so Rachel can climb the tower. Bam and Rachel then enter the Underwater Hunt, where they must count on Bam’s friends to take out enemies so Bam and Rachel can be captured by a dolphin net and eaten by a monster, and then spit up back onto land to pass. Everyone does their best, but right when Rachel and Bam are about to be eaten, spit back up, and pass the test, Rachel pushes Bam outside the Shinsu bubble, leaving him for dead. Everyone thinks Bam is dead after Lero Ro says they could not find his body. Rachel’s entire goal from the start was to kill Bam, because that’s the only way she would be allowed to climb the tower. Khun, Rak, and Bam’s other friends agree to carry Rachel up the tower, and Rachel laughs a bit while alone. It is revealed that Bam is still alive, however, and someone finds him and offers to train him, but Bam says he must climb the tower anyway. Lero Ro and Quant end up being fired as well because new test administrators are being brought in. Lero Ro offers to Quant to join him in climbing the tower in search of the “truth”. Definitely looking forward to the next season!

Overall, Tower of God/Kami no Tou starts off slow but gets faster throughout the series. It’s a pretty good series so far, with a good story, interesting characters, and plenty of surprising twists. I have to say I wasn’t expecting Rachel to do what she did either. It will be interesting to see how Bam recovers from this. My only complaint with the series so far is that it seems to throw a ton of things at you at once, and it’s a bit fast-paced, but that’s not a bad thing. If you’re looking for something new to watch with a good story, suspense, and action, Tower of God/Kami no Tou is for you. Tower of God/Kami no Tou gets a 8/10 on the anime scale.

Up next I’ll be watching Mob Psycho 100, which I’m really excited about as I’ve heard from several people that it’s good. Until next time. See ya!​

Last edited:
A huge thank you to everyone that has been posting in this thread recently. I haven’t been watching as much anime as of late as I’m dealing with a lot of things these days. I really do appreciate it. 💚

Watched episodes three through thirteen of Tower of God!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Bam, Khun, and Rak make it through the door test by choosing any door. The goal of the test was to choose any door at all within the time limit. From there, the next competition for everyone is the crown game, where teams must fight for five rounds and keep control of the crown to win. The rules are simple. One person must sit on the throne with the crown and cannot move from there. The other two on their team must defend them from the teams that choose to participate in each round. Everyone is in rooms with a buzzer on the wall that lets them decide which round they want to participate in. Anaak takes the crown at first and sits on the throne. She controls the Green April, which is one of the 13 Months Series swords, much like the Black March that Yuri gave Bam. Anaak then makes a bet with Bam in which if his team can win the game, she will give him the Green April. But if he loses he must hand over the Black March. Rachel and two unknown individuals show up during the game. Khun uses his copy skills to help Bam steal the throne, and they have backup from others to defend Bam. Someone tries to hurt Rachel, and Bam defends her, getting knocked on the head and wounded, falling to the ground. In order to protect her, Bam releases a lot of Shinsu that keeps the opponent from hurting Rachel, but also melts the crown as well. No one ends up winning the game as Bam left the throne and the crown was melted anyway. After the game, Lero Ro questions Hansung about the game and this is where tension starts building between them. A couple days pass and Bam finally wakes up. Rachel had asked Khun to lie to Bam and tell him that she was never present. Due to losing the bet, Anaak receives the Black March from Bam, but cannot activate it. The participants left alive who still wish to climb the tower are then split into positions or classes. There’s the Fishermen who excel in close quarters combat, the Spear Bearers who attack from afar, the Lighthouse Bearers who gather information and provide light, and the Wave Controllers who can use Shinsu. Bam is assigned to be a Wave Controller, Khun is assigned to be a Light Bearer, and Rak is assigned to be a Spear Bearer. The rest of the participants receive their positions/classes. Bam then meets one of the two unknown individuals from earlier, Endorsi of Jahad, who is a Princess of Jahad. She ends up fighting Anaak, who is revealed to be a fake Princess of Jahad because her mother had her, and Princesses of Jahad are banned from having children. Everyone except Rak and Ghost, the last unnamed individual from earlier, failed their classes so they must participate in a final placement test in which each team tries to capture the other team’s “it”. Team A, Khun’s team, is up first and despite almost winning with Anaak almost successfully escaping the area, it is revealed that Khun betrayed his teammates and helped Quant catch up to her to steal her tag. This is only because Khun wanted to make sure certain people pass the final test though, including Bam, and to leave hints for Team B, Bam’s team. Bam‘s team is up next, but Endorsi ends up turning on her teammates, which makes Bam question things. Meanwhile down below, Hoh, one of the participants, threatens to kill Rachel because he thinks that in doing so, Bam will go away as well. Bam rushes down and catches up with them, and Quant and Endorsi are there too. Hoh stabs Rachel, and then is paralyzed by Bam’s Shinsu. Hoh realizes that he had been deceived and says he was always envious of Bam, before taking himself out for good. Endorsi and Bam fight Quant together and at first it seems like Quant stole Endorsi’s tag, but winds up with her panties and Endorsi has the tag from Quant and Team B, meaning team B wins. The results are displayed not long after Hoh’s funeral, and a good amount of participants pass not including Ghost and Rachel due to her injury. Bam reveals himself as an Irregular, someone who entered the tower on his own, in order to ask that everyone is given the administrator’s test so Rachel can climb the tower. Bam and Rachel then enter the Underwater Hunt, where they must count on Bam’s friends to take out enemies so Bam and Rachel can be captured by a dolphin net and eaten by a monster, and then spit up back onto land to pass. Everyone does their best, but right when Rachel and Bam are about to be eaten, spit back up, and pass the test, Rachel pushes Bam outside the Shinsu bubble, leaving him for dead. Everyone thinks Bam is dead after Lero Ro says they could not find his body. Rachel’s entire goal from the start was to kill Bam, because that’s the only way she would be allowed to climb the tower. Khun, Rak, and Bam’s other friends agree to carry Rachel up the tower, and Rachel laughs a bit while alone. It is revealed that Bam is still alive, however, and someone finds him and offers to train him, but Bam says he must climb the tower anyway. Lero Ro and Quant end up being fired as well because new test administrators are being brought in. Lero Ro offers to Quant to join him in climbing the tower in search of the “truth”. Definitely looking forward to the next season!

Overall, Tower of God/Kami no Tou starts off slow but gets faster throughout the series. It’s a pretty good series so far, with a good story, interesting characters, and plenty of surprising twists. I have to say I wasn’t expecting Rachel to do what she did either. It will be interesting to see how Bam recovers from this. My only complaint with the series so far is that it seems to throw a ton of things at you at once, and it’s a bit fast-paced, but that’s not a bad thing. If you’re looking for something new to watch with a good story, suspense, and action, Tower of God/Kami no Tou is for you. Tower of God/Kami no Tou gets a 8/10 on the anime scale.

Up next I’ll be watching Mob Psycho 100, which I’m really excited about as I’ve heard from several people that it’s good. Until next time. See ya!​
I agree, it does seem a bit fast paced, but for me it has to do with everyone having secrets left and right, with the addition of some side characters revolving their issues quite quickly. Although, I did enjoy it an I'm also looking forward to the next season.

I really REALL liked Mob Psycho 100, a lot of people hated the artwork but I found it captivating lol I usually don't buy anime merch 'cause $$$ but I've seriously been considering getting a Mob Psycho hoodie ♡ that's how much I liked it...

I haven't really watched any new anime lately. I think the last new anime I watched was Megalo Box. I've just been rewatching old favorites in between playing video games. Currently I'm rewatching Hajime no Ippo, but after this I'll have to take a look at some of the new stuff that's come out in the past couple of years. I'm thinking of checking out that running anime that I forget the name of right now (I promise I watch more than just sports anime).
There's nothing wrong with sport animes, I really like watching them as well. Some of my personal favorites are Slam Dunk, Eye Shield 21, One Outs and Big Windup (I also watched all the season of Major that were available at the time when I was younger .-.)

I’ve been looking for a new anime to watch for a while now! The last one that I watched was My Roommate was a Cat if I remember correctly, which I highly recommend if any of y’all haven’t seen it yet! It’s about an author who just recently lost both of his parents through a car crash, and one day while he is grieving at their graves, he sees a stray tuxedo cat and decides to take her home with him.

The rest of the anime is about the bonding relationship between the author and his cat as he learns not only how to care for his new little kitty friend, but also has a pal to help him through his grief and the anime is just overall so sweet and wonderful to watch.

I initially started watching it after my very first cat passed away not too long ago as a way to kind of relief my grief about his death, and although I still miss him so much every single day, I do think the anime helped me heal a little bit, and helped me remember all the good times we’ve had together.

I’ve been looking for a new anime to watch for a while now! The last one that I watched was My Roommate was a Cat if I remember correctly, which I highly recommend if any of y’all haven’t seen it yet! It’s about an author who just recently lost both of his parents through a car crash, and one day while he is grieving at their graves, he sees a stray tuxedo cat and decides to take her home with him.

The rest of the anime is about the bonding relationship between the author and his cat as he learns not only how to care for his new little kitty friend, but also has a pal to help him through his grief and the anime is just overall so sweet and wonderful to watch.

I initially started watching it after my very first cat passed away not too long ago as a way to kind of relief my grief about his death, and although I still miss him so much every single day, I do think the anime helped me heal a little bit, and helped me remember all the good times we’ve had together.
I second this!! This anime made me cry on several occasions. It's really great!

I’ve been trying to get into a new anime after watching MHA, but I’m struggling. I’ve tried Fairy Tale, which I thought I would like, but I found the characters annoying and the plot hard to follow. I gave up after like 5 episodes when I still didn’t care about any of the characters. More recently, I started watching Soul Eater. It’s a little more up my alley, but I still feel pretty meh about the world and the characters. Character design and development is something MHA does well in my opinion, so I might just be spoiled after watching that. I’m gonna keep trying though!

I’ve been trying to get into a new anime after watching MHA, but I’m struggling. I’ve tried Fairy Tale, which I thought I would like, but I found the characters annoying and the plot hard to follow. I gave up after like 5 episodes when I still didn’t care about any of the characters. More recently, I started watching Soul Eater. It’s a little more up my alley, but I still feel pretty meh about the world and the characters. Character design and development is something MHA does well in my opinion, so I might just be spoiled after watching that. I’m gonna keep trying though!
I dropped Fairy Tale a long time ago, but I did get further than 5 episodes lol but I agree with you with the whole annoying par. Also, Soul Eater characters take a loooong time to show character development and it's not as much as with MHA so you really would have to stick it through. Honestly, I'd recommend a show called Reborn! but again... there's not much development going on up until the final arch... you really need to stick it through the beginning, because the main character has one of those "I can't do anything on my own" personalities, but he shows the most development towards the end. Space Brothers is a great slice of life that I recommend, but it's not action packed like the others 😅

YouTube has Onii-sama e... and I'm thinking about watching it maybe. It's a lot longer than the manga, but I did enjoy the manga when I read it awhile back.

Speaking of, I'm kind of surprised it hasn't been translated into English! So many of Riyoko Ikeda's other works have been recently, so I wonder if maybe Onii-sama is next in line.

I think I'll stop replying to pots I don't want to be pushy lol
Another great anime is Nagi no Asu kara/A Lull in the Sea

"Long ago, all humans lived beneath the sea. However, some people preferred the surface and abandoned living underwater permanently. As a consequence, they were stripped of their god-given protection called "Ena" which allowed them to breathe underwater. Over time, the rift between the denizens of the sea and of the surface widened, although contact between the two peoples still existed." -MAL

"Long ago, all humans lived beneath the sea. However, some people preferred the surface and abandoned living underwater permanently. As a consequence, they were stripped of their god-given protection called "Ena" which allowed them to breathe underwater. Over time, the rift between the denizens of the sea and of the surface widened, although contact between the two peoples still existed." -MAL
Haha I don't think you're being pushy, the whole point of a forum is to foster conversation. That sounds like an interesting anime, I might look into it later.

There's nothing wrong with sport animes, I really like watching them as well. Some of my personal favorites are Slam Dunk, Eye Shield 21, One Outs and Big Windup (I also watched all the season of Major that were available at the time when I was younger .-.)
Those are some of my favorites, too. I actually had planned on rewatching Slam Dunk recently, but then I got into playing some games and forgot until just now. Whoops.

Also, although not an anime, I recently read Rookies and thought it was really good.

I agree, it does seem a bit fast paced, but for me it has to do with everyone having secrets left and right, with the addition of some side characters revolving their issues quite quickly. Although, I did enjoy it an I'm also looking forward to the next season.

I really REALL liked Mob Psycho 100, a lot of people hated the artwork but I found it captivating lol I usually don't buy anime merch 'cause $$$ but I've seriously been considering getting a Mob Psycho hoodie ♡ that's how much I liked it...

eyeshield 21 was the best ^_^. Hiruma was one of the most memorable characters ever

I liked this anime as it had segments about growing up and all that but I was sad because I felt the ending was rushed. :C But it was nice overall and the art was amazingly beautiful!

So I decided to finally watch My Hero season 4 and I feel so proud of myself for doing so. I originally stopped watching it and hadn't planned on watching it because it reminded me of my ex lol ;-; I introduced him to the series and we watched all 3 previous seasons together. So I was scared of it triggering some unwanted feelings, but I was able to watch it just fine and liked it a lot. I didn't finish the season yet, but I am enjoying it so far and

*spoilers ahead, please do not read further if you do not like spoilers*

MY BOY LEMILLION NOOOOO 😭 He is too precious! I hope he is able to get his quirk back in the future once Eri learns how to use her quirk. I am thinking she might be able to reverse what happened. And can we talk about the fight between Sun Eater and the three villions~~~he did such a good job on his own. I was so scared and thought he would lose XD Also Red Riot improving T~T Kirishima, you have matured! I like how he is getting more screen time and I hope the rest of class 1-A will get their moment to shine like my favorite Tokoyami<3

Another anime I watched this week is the latest ep of Ahiru no Sora and man oh man... *spoilers are ahead*
I really felt that awkwardness between Momoharu and Madoka LOL. And I am excited to see their next basketball match as a more serious, determined team. Their rivals seem amazing! Like finally they have a good, interesting rival team. The other rivals seem so bland and boring lolol :c
It's because I have been spoiled by Haikyuu where all the rivals are so amazing that you just end up cheering for them too LOL XD Speaking of Haikyuu, some new rival members remind me of Haikyuu characters. I def felt a Hinata, Kageyama, and Kenma vibes from 3 characters of the rival team. I am pumped for the next ep! Lesgooooo~~~!

Back