• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Today I finished Season 1 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime and all of the available OVAs up to this point. Looking forward to getting Season 2 later this year. In the meantime, I started watching Overlord.

finished tower of god recently, it was really good and although i hate rachel, she's an amazing character. excited for s2. i might pick up the webtoon.

Last edited:
finished tower of god recently, it was really good and although i hate rachel, she's an amazing character. excited for s2. i might pick up the webtoon.
if you get into the webtoon you will realize why people call it "Korea's One Piece" lol.
It really does start picking up during season 2 (after current anime events) so if you're into that kinda thing I'd recommend picking it up c:

Black Clover S3E31

We interrupt this intermission with a special report using communication magic...
After a long hiatus, Black Clover and Asta are back!
An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 133, released today!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Asta, Noelle, Leopold, and others entered the secret dungeon underneath the Yultim volcano strong magic region. At first everyone was heading the same way, but then the path split into three so Asta went with Noelle, Leopold went with Crimson Lions Vice Captain Randall, and Luck went with Magna. Asta and Noelle had to retreat back because a bunch of lava was headed towards them. Luck and Magna found some weird... treasure chests. Finally, Leopold and Randall encountered the spider that Leopold previously fought and the spider woke up golems to fight for it. At first it seemed like Leopold was out of options and Randall was caught, but Leopold used a new fire magic spell by controlling his mana and heightening his senses. This allowed him, along with the Black Bulls, to defeat the golems and spider controlling them, but his spell also reduced the special magic item reward to cinders. Mereoleona told Asta and Leopold to search the dungeon again, but they didn’t find anything. At the end of the episode, just when Magna was saying Mereoleona wouldn’t appear inside the Black Bulls base, she kicked down the door and welcomed them back. I wonder what she’s there for? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!

Hello! I was so traumatized yet intrigued by higurashi no naku koro ni when i was a child, and i loved it.

Sooooo does anyone have any news about the new one? I'm assuming that the release date's postponed due to recent events 😅

Hello! I was so traumatized yet intrigued by higurashi no naku koro ni when i was a child, and i loved it.

Sooooo does anyone have any news about the new one? I'm assuming that the release date's postponed due to recent events 😅
Didn't know they were coming out with a new one. My guess is that it's going to be a remake right? Or are they adding on to the story?

I'm over here still waiting on a second season for Deadman Wonderland.... but that's probably never gonna happen 😭 😭

Last edited:
Anyone have any weird anime recommendations that are on crunchyroll?
Bonus points for horror & psycological aspects.​
Another (I think it is on there or at least it was at one point)
School-live (You would need to watch past the first ep. the first ep. makes the show seem like something its not)
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) (one of my personal favorites)
Blast of Tempest (maybe not this one, but I figures I would still mention it)

Last edited:
Another (I think it is on there or at least it was at one point)
School-live (You would need to watch past the first ep. the first ep. makes the show seem like something its not)
Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) (one of my personal favorites)
Blast of Tempest (maybe not this one, but I figures I would still mention it)

The last two are new names to me. I'll have to go take a gander. Hopefully one of them ends up being what I'm looking for.

Thank you for taking the time to give me recommendations!​

Anyone have any weird anime recommendations that are on crunchyroll?
Bonus points for horror & psycological aspects.​
school-live and the promised neverland!

i just watched the first ep of deca dence and it was really good! very hyped for the rest of the series.

I dropped Fairy Tale a long time ago, but I did get further than 5 episodes lol but I agree with you with the whole annoying par. Also, Soul Eater characters take a loooong time to show character development and it's not as much as with MHA so you really would have to stick it through. Honestly, I'd recommend a show called Reborn! but again... there's not much development going on up until the final arch... you really need to stick it through the beginning, because the main character has one of those "I can't do anything on my own" personalities, but he shows the most development towards the end. Space Brothers is a great slice of life that I recommend, but it's not action packed like the others 😅
So sorry for the super delayed response! I’ve been enjoying soul eater now that I’ve gotten into it, and I definitely will check out the others! I don’t necessarily need an action-packed anime, just one with interesting and likeable characters, so I might really like them. Thanks for the recommendations!!

So sorry for the super delayed response! I’ve been enjoying soul eater now that I’ve gotten into it, and I definitely will check out the others! I don’t necessarily need an action-packed anime, just one with interesting and likeable characters, so I might really like them. Thanks for the recommendations!!
No worries! I figured people like posting about shows they see rather than getting replies, which is totally ok!
Warning: If you ever do check out Reborn!, the main character is NOT likable at the beginning.. or at least it took me a long time to like him. He does change and evolve, but it takes him a long time which is ok for me, but a lot of people tend not to like that lol
Glad you're enjoying Soul Eater, I recently tried rewatching it on Netflix but then I saw that they had "Arte" on there so that's what I've been watching... Soul and Maka will have to wait a bit lol
I’ve been looking for a new anime to watch for a while now! The last one that I watched was My Roommate was a Cat if I remember correctly, which I highly recommend if any of y’all haven’t seen it yet! It’s about an author who just recently lost both of his parents through a car crash, and one day while he is grieving at their graves, he sees a stray tuxedo cat and decides to take her home with him.

The rest of the anime is about the bonding relationship between the author and his cat as he learns not only how to care for his new little kitty friend, but also has a pal to help him through his grief and the anime is just overall so sweet and wonderful to watch.

I initially started watching it after my very first cat passed away not too long ago as a way to kind of relief my grief about his death, and although I still miss him so much every single day, I do think the anime helped me heal a little bit, and helped me remember all the good times we’ve had together.
Somehow every single episode would make me tear up a bit and make me laugh as well! My favorite part was the reunion it was a a bit sad only she remember her brother and that he didn't really recognize her... from what I can remember, but she was just happy he was alive <3

I liked this anime as it had segments about growing up and all that but I was sad because I felt the ending was rushed. :C But it was nice overall and the art was amazingly beautiful!
I can't really remember the ending I just remember feeling as anxious as all the other character were .-. I have so many show I want to rewatch, but so little time T_T
Post automatically merged:

Black Clover S3E31

We interrupt this intermission with a special report using communication magic...
After a long hiatus, Black Clover and Asta are back!
An all new episode of Black Clover, episode 133, released today!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Asta, Noelle, Leopold, and others entered the secret dungeon underneath the Yultim volcano strong magic region. At first everyone was heading the same way, but then the path split into three so Asta went with Noelle, Leopold went with Crimson Lions Vice Captain Randall, and Luck went with Magna. Asta and Noelle had to retreat back because a bunch of lava was headed towards them. Luck and Magna found some weird... treasure chests. Finally, Leopold and Randall encountered the spider that Leopold previously fought and the spider woke up golems to fight for it. At first it seemed like Leopold was out of options and Randall was caught, but Leopold used a new fire magic spell by controlling his mana and heightening his senses. This allowed him, along with the Black Bulls, to defeat the golems and spider controlling them, but his spell also reduced the special magic item reward to cinders. Mereoleona told Asta and Leopold to search the dungeon again, but they didn’t find anything. At the end of the episode, just when Magna was saying Mereoleona wouldn’t appear inside the Black Bulls base, she kicked down the door and welcomed them back. I wonder what she’s there for? Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes!
YES! I have been waiting! Asta and the crew are back!!!! Glad to hear someone else like it and doesn't think it's "trash" t.t

Last edited:

It is one of my all time fave animes!! I saw the trailer released for the 2020 version yesterday and I am excited for it. Idk what will be changed or added, but from the looks of the trailer, it looks pretty much the same as the original version.

Finally finished watching season 4 of My Hero Academia and I can see why Hawks is liked by a lot of people. He is definitely an interesting character and I hope to see more of him and his mentorship with one of my favorite characters Tokoyami. I really want Tokoyami to have his own arc soon where he is of more importance because his quirk seems OP to me...his dark shadow feels like a stand to me LOL (Jojo reference).

Anyways, my thoughts about this season is that it was good. Overhaul was a decent villain. Gentle Criminal and Labrava was also a decent villain (I don't understand the hate for them). I like how they showed how a good person can turn to the "bad" side when hope is lost where he commits minor crimes rather than the "must kill everyone just because" type villian. Lemillion and Sun Eater are good characters. The girl, her name escapes me right now, but she is apart of the big three so I am disappointed we didn't see her get a solo fight like her two friends :( Instead all we got of her is her being cute and winning the beauty contest. I would much prefer seeing her fight to see why she is apart of the big 3. Seeing Eri smile after the school festival band performance made me teady eyed. She is so adorable and deserves all the best things in life like that candied apple Deku made for her 😭And wow, can we talk about how Endeavor lost his eye?!?! How he struggled to fight ONE nomu???? That says a lot about how strongs the new protoype Nomus are. I am excited for season 5!! Hoping to see more of Dabi in the what seems to be an Endeavor arc coming up because I believe Dabi is his son :c

Last edited:
It is one of my all time fave animes!! I saw the trailer released for the 2020 version yesterday and I am excited for it. Idk what will be changed or added, but from the looks of the trailer, it looks pretty much the same as the original version.

Finally finished watching season 4 of My Hero Academia and I can see why Hawks is liked by a lot of people. He is definitely an interesting character and I hope to see more of him and his mentorship with one of my favorite characters Tokoyami. I really want Tokoyami to have his own arc soon where he is of more importance because his quirk seems OP to me...his dark shadow feels like a stand to me LOL (Jojo reference).

Anyways, my thoughts about this season is that it was good. Overhaul was a decent villain. Gentle Criminal and Labrava was also a decent villain (I don't understand the hate for them). I like how they showed how a good person can turn to the "bad" side when hope is lost where he commits minor crimes rather than the "must kill everyone just because" type villian. Lemillion and Sun Eater are good characters. The girl, her name escapes me right now, but she is apart of the big three so I am disappointed we didn't see her get a solo fight like her two friends :( Instead all we got of her is her being cute and winning the beauty contest. I would much prefer seeing her fight to see why she is apart of the big 3. Seeing Eri smile after the school festival band performance made me teady eyed. She is so adorable and deserves all the best things in life like that candied apple Deku made for her 😭And wow, can we talk about how Endeavor lost his eye?!?! How he struggled to fight ONE nomu???? That says a lot about how strongs the new protoype Nomus are. I am excited for season 5!! Hoping to see more of Dabi in the what seems to be an Endeavor arc coming up because I believe Dabi is his son :c

WAIT. WHAT? Gentle Criminal and La Brava are hated? by the community? He's one of my favorite "villains", I really like how he accepts La Brava but still keeps his distance from her specially since she was a minor when she found him (if I remember correctly). I would also love to see Nejire have the spotlight as a Hero, not a beauty contest winner u.u I REALLY liked Endeavor this time around.

I'm excited for the new one! I looooved the show! Especially the first arc is my favourite. The one with Keiichi. It scared me more than the other arcs for whatever reason.

I don’t know if this counts or not, but there’s a Chinese “anime” called Scissor Seven by Netflix. I just finished watching two seasons and it is really underrated. The art style is laid back, but with a lot of details and color.
It’s about this stingy and clumsy young adult who sells beef offal for a living, but with the help of his chicken manager, he decides to become an assassin to make more money. He tries to do away with people, but instead ends up helping them. He has a dark and powerful past that he had no memory of after an incident.
It’s honestly very good. I don’t know if it’s right to call it an anime as it was made in China, but that’s what Netflix is calling it. It’s comedic, lighthearted, but can also be pretty dark at times. The only complaint is that the episodes are really short, like 15 minutes. I love Japanese anime, and it’s also nice watching other animations from other countries from time to time. 😄

I don’t know if this counts or not, but there’s a Chinese “anime” called Scissor Seven by Netflix. I just finished watching two seasons and it is really underrated. The art style is laid back, but with a lot of details and color.
It’s about this stingy and clumsy young adult who sells beef offal for a living, but with the help of his chicken manager, he decides to become an assassin to make more money. He tries to do away with people, but instead ends up helping them. He has a dark and powerful past that he had no memory of after an incident.
It’s honestly very good. I don’t know if it’s right to call it an anime as it was made in China, but that’s what Netflix is calling it. It’s comedic, lighthearted, but can also be pretty dark at times. The only complaint is that the episodes are really short, like 15 minutes. I love Japanese anime, and it’s also nice watching other animations from other countries from time to time. 😄

I just looked it up and it looks interesting. May give it a watch sometime. Also, I don’t know if I would consider it anime or not, but at this point we have shows like RWBY and gen:LOCK being produced in the US that some call anime and others don’t, and now this (and there’s probably more I don’t know about). I really think there needs to be a new definition for what is considered “anime,” but at this point I’m less inclined to care about it all too much, lol. I just care about whether it’s good or not. :p

Anime is commonly known as Japanese animation. Chinese animation is known as Zhōngguó dònghuà (中国动画) or Donghua in short. Since there's no other animation thread, I suppose you could just lump it in this thread :LOL: I haven't watched Scissor Seven yet, will give it a try since I have Netflix.

What are your summer watch lists looking like? Or do you prefer not to watch anime seasonally?

Not much on the radar this year but planning to check out:
  • Oregairu 3
  • Kanokari
  • Continuing Fruits Basket

Top two on my watchlist this summer are Swort Art Online: Alicization - War of the Underwold Part 2 and third season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Other potential interests:
- Second season of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.
-
Second season of Enen no Shouboutai.

Just finished watching Kaguya sama wa Kokurasetai! Tensai tachi no Renai Zunousen 2 final episode this morning. Still waiting for Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Movie to be released :unsure:

Back