• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

I just looked it up and it looks interesting. May give it a watch sometime. Also, I don’t know if I would consider it anime or not, but at this point we have shows like RWBY and gen:LOCK being produced in the US that some call anime and others don’t, and now this (and there’s probably more I don’t know about). I really think there needs to be a new definition for what is considered “anime,” but at this point I’m less inclined to care about it all too much, lol. I just care about whether it’s good or not. :p
I totally agree. I had always thought that RWBY was a regular Japanese anime, but I guess not. I think the same could be applied to Avatar: some say it’s an anime, others not. I think it matters the quality and not where it came from. ☺️

Top two on my watchlist this summer are Swort Art Online: Alicization - War of the Underwold Part 2 and third season of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Other potential interests:
- Second season of Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu.
-
Second season of Enen no Shouboutai.

Just finished watching Kaguya sama wa Kokurasetai! Tensai tachi no Renai Zunousen 2 final episode this morning. Still waiting for Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Movie to be released :unsure:

Ahhh you're all caught up on Alicization! Thoughts so far? Just started the first season myself. Don't think I'll be caught up in time but if I can watch AoT in two days it'll probably be fine.

When we will be blessed with another season of Kaguya? 🙏

Ahhh you're all caught up on Alicization! Thoughts so far? Just started the first season myself. Don't think I'll be caught up in time but if I can watch AoT in two days it'll probably be fine.

When we will be blessed with another season of Kaguya? 🙏

The second part for Alicization will be a feast! A lot of fighting just the way I like it with SAO :LOL: I haven't gotten past season 1 of AoT though :unsure:

Maybe in another couple of seasons will we get another season of Kaguya sama wa Kokurasetai, not sure if there's enough material yet for a complete season since I don't read manga as much.

Hello! I was so traumatized yet intrigued by higurashi no naku koro ni when i was a child, and i loved it.

Sooooo does anyone have any news about the new one? I'm assuming that the release date's postponed due to recent events 😅
I recently watched the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and I loved it. I didn't know they were making a new one.

What are your summer watch lists looking like? Or do you prefer not to watch anime seasonally?

Not much on the radar this year but planning to check out:
  • Oregairu 3
  • Kanokari
  • Continuing Fruits Basket
I usually have one completed anime (or at least with a few completed seasons) that I'll watch daily, then a couple of seasonal anime that I keep up with as they air. I don't always have time to watch everything or sometimes it isn't available right away on the streaming service(s) I have, so I always have a huge backlog of anime to watch. This summer, I'll be watching:

- Continuing Fruits Basket :)
- Re:Zero Season 2
- Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld

The newest OAD for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime dropped today, so I watched that. Apparently there will be a third part that's not airing until the fall, so I feel like they left me hanging.

I recently watched the original Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and I loved it. I didn't know they were making a new one.

I usually have one completed anime (or at least with a few completed seasons) that I'll watch daily, then a couple of seasonal anime that I keep up with as they air. I don't always have time to watch everything or sometimes it isn't available right away on the streaming service(s) I have, so I always have a huge backlog of anime to watch. This summer, I'll be watching:

- Continuing Fruits Basket :)
- Re:Zero Season 2
- Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld

The newest OAD for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime dropped today, so I watched that. Apparently there will be a third part that's not airing until the fall, so I feel like they left me hanging.
NO IT DIDN'T. Love this show and didn't know about this - thank you for mentioning it! Good prep for winter 2021 but not sure if I can handle another cliff hanger. 😅 Would you recommend holding off until fall?

Awesome to see another Fruits Basket fan. Seeing a lot of Akito & that story finally unfolding is nice. How have you been enjoying the reboot?

What are your summer watch lists looking like? Or do you prefer not to watch anime seasonally?

Not much on the radar this year but planning to check out:
  • Oregairu 3
  • Kanokari
  • Continuing Fruits Basket
I have quite a few :eek::eek:
  • Re:Zero new season
  • Continuing Fruit Basket, Tohru Honda best girl 💖
  • Continuing Black Clover
  • Continuing Ahiru no Sora
  • Enen no Shouboutai 2nd Season
  • The God of High School, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure about this one yet
  • Deca-Dence, same thing as the one above ^

I have quite a few :eek::eek:
  • Re:Zero new season
  • Continuing Fruit Basket, Tohru Honda best girl 💖
  • Continuing Black Clover
  • Continuing Ahiru no Sora
  • Enen no Shouboutai 2nd Season
  • The God of High School, it looks interesting, but I'm not sure about this one yet
  • Deca-Dence, same thing as the one above ^
Busy season for you! :eek: Haven't started Re:Zero or Enen no Shouboutai yet. Didn't see The God of High School so will have to take a peek if it has piqued your interest.

Yes! Tohru is always a bundle of sunshine. ❤ I love her perspective on life.

Busy season for you! :eek: Haven't started Re:Zero or Enen no Shouboutai yet. Didn't see The God of High School so will have to take a peek if it has piqued your interest.

Yes! Tohru is always a bundle of sunshine. ❤ I love her perspective on life.
I usually give shows the benefit of doubt (3 episode rule lol) so we'll see how good these new shows are 👀

Tohru > Rem (pls don't come at me)

NO IT DIDN'T. Love this show and didn't know about this - thank you for mentioning it! Good prep for winter 2021 but not sure if I can handle another cliff hanger. 😅 Would you recommend holding off until fall?

Awesome to see another Fruits Basket fan. Seeing a lot of Akito & that story finally unfolding is nice. How have you been enjoying the reboot?

Yep, there's a 3 part OAD series called Rimuru's Glamorous Life as a Teacher. It covers a special training event for his students but it's being spread out over several months. The first episode aired in March, the second one hit VRV today, and the third one isn't scheduled until November. It doesn't exactly leave off with a huge cliffhanger, but it's still a bit frustrating because I didn't realize there was going to be a third part when I started watching it. I'd have rather watched them all closer together.

My husband actually got me into Fruits Basket. He was a huge fan of the original anime and made me watch it when we first started dating. He used to cosplay as Kyo. I haven't read the manga, so the current events are all new to me but I'm loving it. I'm really liking Rin as a character so far and want to learn more about her. My favorite character is Hanajima, though, who isn't in it enough since she's not a Soma. 😋

I’ve been looking for a new anime to watch for a while now! The last one that I watched was My Roommate was a Cat if I remember correctly, which I highly recommend if any of y’all haven’t seen it yet! It’s about an author who just recently lost both of his parents through a car crash, and one day while he is grieving at their graves, he sees a stray tuxedo cat and decides to take her home with him.

The rest of the anime is about the bonding relationship between the author and his cat as he learns not only how to care for his new little kitty friend, but also has a pal to help him through his grief and the anime is just overall so sweet and wonderful to watch.

I initially started watching it after my very first cat passed away not too long ago as a way to kind of relief my grief about his death, and although I still miss him so much every single day, I do think the anime helped me heal a little bit, and helped me remember all the good times we’ve had together.
Merman in my tub?

this season im planning to watch re zero s2, deca dence, god of highschool (or god of cocaine as i like to call it), rental girlfriend and uzaki chan. i also might take a look at great pretender.
re zero s2 ep 1 was Amazing, god so much happened, i am so. excited.
god of highschool episode 1 was very good, much better than tog episode 1. poor tog got robbed of good animation.
im also going to rewatch time of eve! it was my 3rd anime so i cant rly remember much lol.

Random question, but for those of you who have a MAL accounts, has it been loading for y'all? It hasn't been loading for me for the past 2-3 days and I can't find any info on it. I've been getting a 503 server error for unavailable service. Have y'all been experiencing the same thing? It's weird because I've never seen it down for so long.

Random question, but for those of you who have a MAL accounts, has it been loading for y'all? It hasn't been loading for me for the past 2-3 days and I can't find any info on it. I've been getting a 503 server error for unavailable service. Have y'all been experiencing the same thing? It's weird because I've never seen it down for so long.
it wasnt working for a bit yesterday but its fine for me now

Anyone see the new Re: Zero episode?
I also liked God of High School's first ep, especially as a Korean person hehe ^^;
if anyone wants to add me on MAL: my account is @/moonbox

Yeah, it wasn’t working for me either yesterday, but it works fine now. I was able to update my profile.

I watched the first two episodes of Mob Psycho 100 last night. It’s definitely... interesting LOL. Will post a recap and my thoughts once I’ve watched around five episodes of it.

I watched episode 1 of Re:Zero season 2 today. I'm still trying to get my thoughts straight because it's been so long since I watched season 1 and I couldn't remember everything that happened, but it seems like it's off to a good start.

Back