• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

Because I know you're all totally invested in this now: I earned her forgiveness by buying her Chinese takeout.
Chinese takeout is always a good "I'm sorry I got McDonald's without you" gift.

Probably just a rabbit hole I've gone down, but the mention of Chevre's amiibo card being number 242, I went and checked out the wiki.

- Chevre's picture quote is "If you're going to dream, dream big."
- The trivia section says the quote might be a reference to the song Dream a Little Dream of Me.
- Dream a Little Dream of Me is a song from 1931 first recorded with versions by Ozzie Nelson as well as Wayne King and His Orchestra as sung by Ernie Burchill.
- The most popular version of the song was sung by Cass Elliot, known as Mama Cass from her time in the band The Mamas & The Papas. Hi, Mom.
- Cass Elliot died of a heart attack in her sleep but an urban legend developed that she choked to death on a ham sandwich based on a sandwich being in the hotel room, based on a comment from the first doctor to see the body commenting to the press, but it was just a comment before the autopsy was performed and revealed the heart failure. Ineffective medicine.
- The Mamas & The Papas version of Dream A Little Dream of Me is on their 1968 album The Papas & The Mamas. We have it on record.

To be honest, the connection seems a little loose to me and the ineffective medicine connection seems questionable too, but there are some coincidences.

Couldn't find anything relevant yet. Maybe there's something somewhere? I dunno.

Last edited:
My brain hurts. I've tried searching for posts about galaxy eggs, posts about potions, posts about medicine, posts that contain the number 242 (which there are far more of these than I could have imagined), posts that are number 242 and the following phrases:

"record medicine mom"
"record medicine"
"mom medicine"
"242 medicine"
"242 mom"
"242 potion"
"242 record"
"hi mom"
"bad medicine"
"potion mom"

and many more that I'm forgetting...

Could "We have it on record" simply refers to archives?

I somehow feel like we're overthinking again like the previous puzzle.

sounds to me like someone (mod or user) posted on here about getting hurt and mentioned their mom and how the treatment or w/e wasn't working. but that seems too simple ajfkfkska.

Because I know you're all totally invested in this now: I earned her forgiveness by buying her Chinese takeout.

In other news: this isn't intended to be a math challenge. The correct answer is the simplest one.
Ok so we have 242 and this.

is the blog tree archive still a thing?
yes it is!

also, i searched through 10 or 11 pages in the search results for "hi mom" on tbt and there was no post that had the exact quote "hi, mom" so there's that

Last edited:
Ok. Heading to work now. Good luck guys!
Post automatically merged:

Btw I just typed in sick and started hunting the last little bit but nada

I searched the term "hi mom" including the quotation marks and found several posts with the exact phrase "hi mom". The first page of results was mostly this thread but there are many pages of posts. Here's the link to the search results in case anyone else wants to check them in case I missed something...

https://www.belltreeforums.com/search/902655/?q="hi+mom"&o=relevance

I also used quotation marks for several other phrases from my previous post found above.

Usually when I wake up people already found the answer to this
well I'll try and do something to help this time ig

I'm so stumped... I feel like I've chased so many threads just to get nothing 😭
jenn-jenn-robbins.gif

I just got here and I already want to leave XD

Screw math.

I'm so lost, been searching "hi mom" and looking for 242s all day. Chris makes it sound so simple too, we're most definitely overthinking it.

I searched for anything to do with Mom's Plush collectibles, but no dice.

However, does anyone think it has anything to do with our mom in the game sending us medicine through the mail? I don't know that there's any threads based on that though. Just seems like it would match with it being on record, being medicine, and being related to moms.

Other than that tangent I have no other ideas right now.

Back