• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Turkey Day and Toy Day Update coming November 19th.

Hm. Mixed feeling about this one. I think this is the update I'm the most "meh" about. I feel almost nothing was shown of the things they wanted to introduce us to. I still have a tiny sliver of hope that they just didn't want to spoil the events so they chose not to show all the new furniture, potential crops and what not. I know personally for me for Halloween they kind of spoiled the actual Halloween-day event in the last update video by showing too much of it.

I am curious about the new tent item seen as it doesn't fit in with the new harvest furniture we briefly saw, and it doesn't seem particularly toy-day like. Are they adding in just random new furniture now? I would be super down for that.

New reactions look good and I feel it was only a matter of time they gave us copies of the reactions the animals can do. Very easy to import since they have the animation sets already made.

New Hairstyles are very good since these seem very geared towards poc players and I know people have been asking for these for a long while now. Good to know Nintendo seems to be listening.

Side note: I find it slightly curious the harvest festival is now called turkey day, so it's now very much officially tied to American Thanksgiving. It was slightly more ambiguous before this. Can't say I'm personally a fan as a non-american player. It won't set me in to a seething, angry frenzy or anything but just not a fan.

edit: I totally forgot to mention the storage upgrade! I've been struggling with storage for weeks now and this is going to be a breath of fresh air.​

I'm assuming the tent is algo part of the turkey day event. If it's meant to reference Thanksgiving, then it would make sense they make native american tents.

BTW guys, is it me, or i feel they have re-textured snow? i say this because in minute 0:34 you can see snow mountain near a fence and not only that but i have noticed that the snow piling near the paths dont do a straight line anymore but like a wiggly line which makes it look more realistic. Is it me overthinking or they improved snow-texture?

I’m so excited! There’s a few things hidden in the trailer, so definitely worth watching multiple times. I’m so happy about sitting on the ground though, and getting to work out with the animals. More storage space is awesome and what looks to be the Harvest set looks soooo much better than it ever did in my opinion.

I really hope that Toy Day doesn’t ruin villager homes.

I also like the new harvest set much more and i think it has improved tons! it looks so much more realistically, cozy and most importantly reusable !!!! i like furnitures that could be potentially used all year long. I hope we will be able to customize them or that they have a couple of variety in coloring too

omg,,, I'm freaking out..we can sit!!! Ahhhh more reactions!! And we can work out and do yoga with our villagers! Idk why but this is really exciting for me. I really want that we can hug villagers too. Oh and, i noticed the new tents when they're showing the work out reaction

Last edited:
I saw this on the AC discord. It’s from the link below. Per google translate looks like we get more orderable Nook limited items and some year end stuff like maybe the food?
ED604FD7-7994-4FF3-B895-D31DE802D649.png

Side note: I find it slightly curious the harvest festival is now called turkey day, so it's now very much officially tied to American Thanksgiving. It was slightly more ambiguous before this. Can't say I'm personally a fan as a non-american player. It won't set me in to a seething, angry frenzy or anything but just not a fan.

The Japanese trailer says "Thanksgiving Day". I don't know why the English version doesn't simply do the same instead of renaming it Turkey Day. :unsure:

I saw this on the AC discord. It’s from the link below. Per google translate looks like we get more orderable Nook limited items and some year end stuff like maybe the food? View attachment 335945

OMG!! i want to drink Champagne with people in ACNH 🤣 !!!!! Also love the food items i mea, WoOoO, does it look realistic. Im getting hungry hahah.

I also like the new harvest set much more and i think it has improved tons! it looks so much more realistically, cozy and most importantly reusable !!!! i like furnitures that could be potentially used all year long. I hope we will be able to customize them or that they have a couple of variety in coloring too
They did a great job with the new harvest festival items . I can’t wait to redo my kitchen/dining room with it.

I'm so happy that they added more textured hair options! that was one area the game was so lacking in, and while they should have been in the game to begin with, I'm glad they added them now. and being able to sit down or work out with your villagers is a game changer lol

not sure how I feel about the events since they really didn't show much, so I guess I'll have to wait and see them in-game
I saw this on the AC discord. It’s from the link below. Per google translate looks like we get more orderable Nook limited items and some year end stuff like maybe the food? View attachment 335945

omg, is that a bowl with 12 grapes??? as a Spaniard that makes me soooooo happy 🥺

Being able to toast like this makes me so incredibly happy. Me and my family usually would do this IRL new years eve but can't this year because of the pandemic. The fact we are going to be able to do it in animal crossing is amazing. I'm so thankful for this game.

From the same link is this sunflower rug new?

15572_24.jpg

I'm so happy that they added more textured hair options! that was one area the game was so lacking in, and while they should have been in the game to begin with, I'm glad they added them now. and being able to sit down or work out with your villagers is a game changer lol

not sure how I feel about the events since they really didn't show much, so I guess I'll have to wait and see them in-game

omg, is that a bowl with 12 grapes??? as a Spaniard that makes me soooooo happy 🥺

AAAH, hey there Spaniard from another Spaniard !! i fell ya!! i wanna make an ACNH new year party where we all dress nicely, drink ACNH champagne which i am laughing so hard and looking haha. virtual high five to Nintendo man

The Japanese trailer says "Thanksgiving Day". I don't know why the English version doesn't simply do the same instead of renaming it Turkey Day. :unsure:
I mean, as an American I have heard thanksgiving called turkey day. It’s one of those silly ways of referring to specific holidays. But yea, I’m confused about the change to the holidays name too. I don’t think they changed any other day’s name...

More food items!! This is definitely top of the list in wants, so glad to see them back. Champagne is new, I wonder if it'll be a consumable. I can definitely drink one to this update hahaha. 🥂

Being able to toast like this makes me so incredibly happy. Me and my family usually would do this IRL new years eve but can't this year because of the pandemic. The fact we are going to be able to do it in animal crossing is amazing. I'm so thankful for this game.

I am in the same position and also love the animation and set and though in it!! They could have introduced inspired by the controversial and problematic instance that COVID represents for many people, if it is that way, another high five for them cause thats damn sweet and human like from them 💛

AWESOMEEEE!!! storage!!!! And all these new reactions?! One thing I noticed with the Halloween reactions is that they took up the two remaining spaces i had for my last two regular reactions, so now I don't have room to get those. Hoping this will have been addressed with the addition of these reactions!! I can't wait to do all the new things!!! Turkey day is so close!!

It really is exciting. New ways to interact with villagers is always a good thing. I can’t wait to try them out.

Back