• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Turkey Day and Toy Day Update coming November 19th.

i am so STOKED that they are finally adding better curly/kinky hair styles!! lets hope they fixed the nose issue on darker skin too haha this gives me hope that they will eventually

ALSO SITTING. AND THE NEW REACTIONS. AND STORAGE SPACE.
i am so excted ;'kl,jmhngb

I am absolutely in love with the tada reaction. It is my new favorite and my sole purpose in life right now is to get it 😂

But!!!
This update showed me that Nintendo does truly listen to its fan base. With a large amount of updates already planned out with scheduled releases, I was a little worried about how much time the team would have in creating even more content that players request. It did take a long time for them to add in more inclusive hairstyles and the ability to do activities with your villagers, but it happened and was very well done! Never doubted the company that much in all honesty, but I am very relieved and it gives me a lot of hope for future updates.

The peacock is pavé! He is the npc for animal crossings carnivale celebration 😊 im guessing we may learn some dances around that time!
carnival celebration? oo!! does this mean we may get more things to put with our Teacup Ride? Like.... a Ferris Wheel?! :eek:

Soooo thankful for the new hairstyles! They look super cute and its so exciting for those with natural hair! :D

Other than the hair, I'm not surprised that again, the update is pretty minimal and it seems not even new veggies or furniture series were added :(

Excited about the new reactions, but I wonder where the dancing reaction is. I've seen people "glitch" it, so it's in the code, they must just be saving it for later.

Im stoked for the new reactions and and the bigger storage space. More reactions will bring more life into the game and you can react more with people and villagers.

I hope some Christmas items come along with Jingle but either way it's a sigh of relief to have any update. Also thank god for more hair styles!

I saw save data transfer!! But now I'm so attached to my second switch I won't want to get rid of it!!!!!

Genuinely all looks awesome, can't wait to take a load off and watch the ac world go by!

I'm very excited for this update since I love this time of year! I hoard island items (thankfully still have my pumpkins), so I'm thrilled for the storage space expansion. I'm happy they added new reactions and more inclusive hairstyles for poc. I'm probably most excited for what seems to be the new harvest series - I can see myself reusing the items throughout the year. 😄

Also I browsed through this thread and noticed some rumored/unannounced content. A built-in catalog feature for NookLink would be neat. It would be handy to check whether I've cataloged an item, when I'm on the forum but haven't booted up my game. And finally some new food items and CHAMPAGNE! 🤩

The only thing I'd ask for now would be items, like sandwiches or books that the villagers have, for us to hold, more design slots, and some Gyroids.

It's coming out the day I have 2 finals but I know what I'll be doing right after! My thoughts from the trailer:
  • I'm guessing the harvest fest -> turkey day name change was made to simplify things, especially since New Horizons has a much bigger audience than the previous games did so it makes sense to make the event names more streamlined. I preferred the sound of harvest fest but don't really mind the change
  • glad to see the new table from turkey day but I really hope some of the stuff on top of it is table-top furniture that we can use in our kitchens etc, and I'm a little skeptical of the fact that the only ingredient they showed was a pumpkin. Hoping they secretly added more crops that are either a surprise or just weren't ready yet when they made the video
  • LOVING the new reactions - especially the sitting down one! I used to keep a zen cushion on me to sit with my villagers but was always too bothered to actually use it and this will be a lot faster
  • the new hairstyles look great. the character that was passing out gifts seemed to have lighter hair than the green option in the game but I didn't see an additional haircolor option on the vanity screen so it might have just been the lighting
  • and one of the biggest things is the storage expansion since it shows that they are willing/planning to add quality of life updates on top of the seasonal event ones!
  • nice to see that Pave is coming back in January and I hope they're secretly planning to add Brewster in as well!

Another lovely addition to New Horizons! I like that we now have new emotions and that the pumpkins weren’t just for Halloween! I also love that new tent omggg 💕

I’ve been seeing a lot of people online saying they were upset that Brewster wasn’t back, but here’s what I’m predicting: once all the events though the year have all been added, I think they’ll start adding more “non-event” content which is what I’m hoping for! I feel like events are dont add too much for the game in the long run and that they get old quickly imo.

I'm excited, although really curious as to when Brewster will arrive. More storage space is definitely a draw for me!

I’m trying not to be ungrateful because I really do love the free updates but where is Brewster? I miss his coffee shop and the police station. They aren’t crucial characters but they are mandatory for an animal crossing game imo.

After watching the update again, it looks like Turkey day resembles both New Leaf and Gamecube AC (ish).

Like, it seems you’ll be giving Franklin ingredients for him to cook (I can see us giving him fruit, pumpkins and fish probably; mushrooms is unlikely as the event is also for SH) but I do like the touch of having additional tables for your villagers. That’s very reminiscent of Gamecube and City Folk (minus the whole fork/knives thing).

I like how villagers have their own beverages and even plates, like they’re waiting to be served! If there’s an actual feast once you finish cooking all meals, that would be pretty cool.

I'M SO EXCITED!!! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!! xP

Ok aside from the holidays (yay turkey day and xmas!! cx) I am so super excited about the extra things nintendo is adding! More storage! More hair! I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A CUSHION IN MY POCKETS ANYMORE!!! Look at those reactions!! I'M SO HAPPY!! AND PAVE!!!!! I LOVE PAVE!!! FESTIVALE!!! FESTIVALE! FESTIVALE!!

Back