What Are You Happy About Today?

- It was a nice sunny day after gloom yesterday!
- Had a relaxing day off, ate breakfast, had a nap, had some food and coffee, then went and visited my brother, his gf, and my niece 😊
- My brother was totally on board for my suggestion that we all go to Mallorca together next summer! So I'll probably be booking that soonish 🌴☀️

Friday, August 16, 2024
  • Finished my Canvas Crossing drawings this morning!
  • Also, finished my story for Besting Blunders. Going to proof read it tomorrow then submit it.
  • I was all this to start my Delectable Delights' entry and discovered my electric whisk had stopped working. Managed to order one and got it delivered tonight. Can't wait to get started!
  • It's confetti time again!
  • It's been a lot cooler yesterday and today.
  • Blossom has been giving me lots of cuddles.
  • Found Kit Kat Hot Chocolate. It was delicious! Also, found a shop selling Caramac bars. I thought they were discontinued, so it was a nice surprise to find them.

It took almost all week and then some, but I managed to finish my delectable delights task. It was such a fun learning process in dehydrating food. I thought so much of the stuff I was dehydrating was just going to be a waste, but it all tastes so amazing! It just sucks that it takes like 15-24 hours for one batch and then I eat it all in 15-24 seconds :ROFLMAO:

It was also funny watching some of the stuff shrivel up to nothing. Where'd it go!? I hope you all are having a wonderful start to your weekend!

bought a secondhand copy of splatoon 2 for only $18 🥳 super happy!! since i got the nso expansion pack i thought might as well make the most of it by playing splatoon 2 and octoexpansion 🥹 heard OE has a really great story paired with challenging modes so I can’t wait to play! i plan to 100% it too, heard gathering all memcakes was hard so i am up to that. PLUS i finally get to witness pearlina being the main idols, yay!

Yay Skar! Would love to try more Sploon2 with you too if you’d be up for multiplayer with me :3. Also ofc sploon 3 too! I miss playing sploon with you and everyone. ::naurr::

Today:

I’m happy that I got a good amount of my first canvas crossing done; I had to redo it last night early into the coloring since I messed up. Hoping to finish this and do the two other entries. Mood is not good but I’m doing my best to push through it.

I’m happy about the new round of confetti :D. I hope I’ll get enough for another balloon.

That’s it for now. I’m hoping my medicine will kick in more and my mood improves more.

I haven't posted here in a long time again. I'll just cover yesterday and today since I'm getting a bit sleepy as I'm typing this post. 😅

August 15, 2024
  • Feel free to skip this point. Saw a few bunch of interesting cars again as I was going places. First, I saw a Porsche 911 GT3 (996) that's been modified quite a bit, followed by a Mazda RX-7 (FC) moments later! A couple of hours later on my way home, a Chevrolet Corvette C4 convertible was found at an intersection. This next one is a little odd since I've seen it numerous times, but hasn't actually been on my identified cars list for three years running despite that. How it managed to sneak under the radar for so long is beyond me, but the Honda Element (car #246!) I saw at a parking lot can't escape from me this time! 🤣
  • I had a massage on my back and shoulders. It feels so relaxing and soothing that I almost fell asleep lol.
  • I visited @/xSuperMario64x's island so I'd be able to complete the villager birthday party activity. We celebrated Freya's birthday all the way to December 14th lol. Oh, and I saw Tangy while I was walking around the island, so it was a pleasant surprise! 🍊
  • I've made some progress for my magnificent memories entry. Still got a long way to go, though!
August 16, 2024
  • This day is such a relief for me. Why? Because throughout this week, I had to deal with exams and did well on them. Today wasn't any different as I knocked out the last two exams and a couple of quizzes for good measure, all with good marks. It's not like @/Mr_Keroppi levels of great marks, but still! I was surprised by how good I did. Aside from that one course that's unrelated to my program which doesn't finish until a few weeks later for some reason (thankfully, it's fully online), it's safe to say that I've completed my two year program in college. I know it's something I should be celebrating, but there are some more hurdles to go through even after finishing the program. I won't go into details yet, but let's just say that it's really just the beginning. There's a lot more I can still learn at work beyond college! 🏎️ 🎊
Charge Assault - Keiki Kobayashi
  • As I got home early, I got to relax and play a bit of Gran Turismo 7 hehehe.
  • I cooked spaghetti for dinner. Made me happy on the inside when my mother and sister told me that they liked it. 🥺
  • I've made even more progress in my drawing for magnificent memories! Thank goodness we still got another week before the deadline or I'd be absolutely rushing which I don't want to do. I feel happy with how it's turning out so far despite not having drawn anything since May. 😭

I’m feeling much better since my last post 🙂. I explained to my best friend how I felt about some stuff that was bothering me like my insecurity about our friendship. Our conversation ended on a good note I think 🙂. I’m really happy we’re still friends and that he cares about me still.

I got one of my canvas crossing entries turned in and started on my second one. 🙂.

I got a second skill of Ashiya Douman’s maxed in Fate Go; got one more to work on now 🙂.

One of my nieces drew me something today 🙂. She drew me a cat that looked like mermaid pusheen ☺️. it was nice to see that when I went downstairs to eat earlier 🙂

Yesterday:
- I was able to finish an event entry and make some progress on some other ones.
- Made a large meal so that I can have leftovers for a few days.
- Had a lovely time playing Mario Party Superstars! I managed second place 😊

Today:
-Got my villager birthday party pic thanks to the lovely Xara for visiting my island 🥳
- Something I've been wanting to buy had dropped in price when I looked it up today so I was able to purchase that and a few other things!
-Collected enough confetti to purchase my third gradient mystery balloon! (I'm going to buy it tomorrow)

Got these from Tesco yesterday! 💖

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2732.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

a series with comedian dave gorman that i used to watch growing up with my padre has been renewed for 4 specials :') i applied for tickets to the live recording but i reckon i'm pretty late to finding out about it so likely won't hit up tickets. i'm just really super glad it's coming back!!

I've had an absolutely brilliant few days. I've been out of the country working on a project for another website I volunteer with. It was my second time visiting headquarters and it was so great seeing everyone in person again. At night we'd meet in someone's hotel room to play card games until stupid o'clock. I also got to meet the new employee I'll be working closely with over this next year. She's fantastic and I think we're going to have a good working relationship. :D

The project was a huge success. We helped so many people over the past few days. 🎉

They also kept us very well-fed. Huge fry-up for breakfasts, we went out to an Italian restaurant one evening and ordered Chinese food the second night. I ate so much seafood and duck and drank far too much merlot. I was the last to leave, so one of the office-based staff and I went out for bubble tea and a walk around the city before I left for the airport. 🧋

The weather was also amazing. I spent my lunch break on the beach on Thursday! 🏖️

I'm happy because I got to sleep in finally. Yey.

I have additional things to be happy about today!

I went to the grocery store and was able to get almost everything, but there's a few items they didn't have. However, after getting a haircut I was able to rush to another grocery store and pick it up, and STILL get back to my ride in time. Fortune favors the bold after all. Then I came home and rubbed my kitty's tummy and fed her. 🐱 :blush:

-Got Sunday off tomorrow, thank god
-Got back to rewatching DBZ when I got home, got to the part where Goku goes SSJ against Frieza and smacks him
-Although it will be raining the next few days, it will FINALLY cool down the coming week!
-Finally got to practice my sketching tonight

Baked and decorated a cake for Delectable Delights, and managed to complete my story for Besting Blunders!! ;w; I already had my idea in mind, so I just needed to crack down and write it. Took me most of the day, but I’m really glad to have two more major event entries done! I’m feeling a little better about getting everything completed in time aaaaa

My parents and I watched an episode of Hunter x Hunter and Delicious in Dungeon this morning, and later on this evening we got to see Skizzleman’s Build and Seek episode! I swear he chose the worst hiding place for each seeker... I felt so bad for him LOL

I got to play in the Among Us session today and finally bought the Snack Cosmicube!! I hope it’ll get some more sessions for the next round of LAN Party too! ඞ

Also for some reason decided that I needed to swap the location of my dresser and desk today
5870_open_eye_crying_laughing.png
It was definitely a workout, but I got to clean some parts of my room that I can’t normally access, and I like the new arrangement much better! I had my back to the door whenever I was at my desk before, which always felt kinda weird/uncomfortable, but my new spot is a lot cozier and I can see pretty much my whole room now! I think my dresser’s location makes more sense now too.

It’s been a great start to vacation. Got up early and had a nice walk with Aurora. Thankful my cousin will be watching her while we are away. Got her settled over at my cousins house . She seems to be settled in and having fun playing with their dog Cora. The drive to the hotel was great we picked up subs on the way for an easy dinner. Had a nice swim this afternoon. Had a nice walk on the beach this evening. Family is coming to visit tomorrow to celebrate my Birthday a day early since they have to work on Monday. Looking forward to seeing them. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

IMG_7626.jpeg
IMG_7639.jpeg

My cousin sends updates throughout the day .
IMG_2723.jpeg
IMG_2725.jpeg
IMG_2731.jpeg

My pillow princess

I've had my milkweed plant for years. I noticed some yellow leaves on it today and feared aphids. Aphids have been a problem before. To my surprise, I found some monarch kiddos! It's my first time seeing wild monarch caterpillars! I saw some eggs too. I can't wait to watch them grow :) Definitely better than aphids, haha.

(Yes the one hanging in an odd position is fine)

1000014430.jpg

1000014429.jpg

- Managed to get a bit of uni work done yesterday! Still have backlog, but a little less.

- Finished my colouring in page on time! I'm decently happy with how it turned out ☺️

- On our way to the car last night it wasn't raining at all, but then it suddenly started and we all sprinted for the car, jumped inside and we were all just sitting there laughing together. Definitely my highlight of last night. 💚

- Did a little more drawing (I stayed up too late) before bed.

Back