• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

• Tried the new Starlight Coke flavor. It was surprisingly good. Usually, I hate Coke, but the Starlight flavor is amazing.
  • Went grocery shopping for dinner. Didn't get anything because I realized I wanted to eat out. I'm probably gonna go to Mcdonald's or a wing place. I'm looking forward to that.
  • Hung out with my friends for a little bit.
Not much has happened today honestly. It's been pretty boring and uneventful.

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept very deeply for about 6 hours last night. I was still tired when I had to wake up for work, but at least it's better than the 3-4 hours of sleep I got the night before.
- I didn't have any major issues at work today and I feel good about everything I was able to accomplish.
- The side effects from my new medication are less noticeable today. Hopefully, they'll keep fading.
- I'm still feeling the benefits of the medicine, not stressing too much and almost no back pain.
- The weather was lovely this afternoon when I took my dog for a walk.
- I got home with dinner just before the rain started this evening so I didn't get caught in it.
- My dog cuddled up next to me on the couch this evening.

That's great @LadyDestani! 6 hours is still kind of iffy, but it's right around that range where it's manageable for the day. I got 3-4 hours again. I blame myself. I stayed up late so I could get some 'me time' in, But I do have off tomorrow. So I'm just going to make up for all that lost sleep.

I exercised again today after work. I am still sore from the other day, but no pain no gain. Or something...

Only a few things today:
  • Played Metroid Dread to progress through the map and managed to defeat a couple of EMMIs today. But man, it still makes me scared despite temporarily having the ability to destroy them. Good thing my aim isn't garbage lol.
  • Had a nap for an hour.
  • I started another drawing and made so much progress that I'm already doing the linework!
  • The entire canvas from r/place has disappeared into a white void now, but thankfully there are a few images that have been saved before it happened. I'm really happy to have found more references I'm familiar with, and that it's wholesome seeing large communities willing to give up their space for a bit just to protect the smaller ones from being deleted by the so-called "griefers". I'll put my discoveries in a spoiler to keep things short, but I can look at it for a long time seeing that so many people turned out to assemble stuff and make alliances with different communities. It's like a piece of society as a whole.
Apparently, a subreddit dedicated to the Mazda Miata exists and it's a pleasant surprise that they managed to make a mark on the canvas. Here's an image reference of the real thing.
miata.PNG

On the German flag, I spotted a Volkswagen Sambabus Type 2 and the first-gen Golf (both of which I have seen in real life). It makes sense since Volkswagen is a German manufacturer after all! Why are there crewmates from Among Us on top of them? I've seen them EVERYWHERE I look on the canvas.
sambabus golf.PNG
It shows Max Verstappen's Red Bull F1 car with his racing number 33 (though it's 1 this year). He has a Dutch background, so it makes sense to put it on top of the Netherlands flag even though he was actually born in Belgium.
F1 33.PNG

On the bottom left of the flag of Spain, it is the helmet of Fernando Alonso. It's pretty amusing how it's placed under a group of characters from My Little Pony lol.
El plan.PNG

On the bottom left corner of the flag of Brazil, it is the helmet of Ayrton Senna who passed away decades ago. I find it heartwarming that the Brazilians still remember the legendary driver after all these years. "Senna sempre" is what the Brazilians say, which means "Senna always" in Portuguese.
Ayrton Senna Helmet.PNG

knocked out last night before i could post lol, but yesterday and today were pretty decent! :)

yesterday (04/04)
discovered a bunch of new favourite edits of one of my favourite shows! one of the edits also introduced me to a new favourite song as well! though, i’m kind of sick of it now since i’ve been listening to it practically nonstop. 🤣
went to all of my classes and began working on two assignments! one of them made me freak out a bit (hence my “i’m gonna drop out” post in the “what’s bothering you?” thread lol), but i’m doing better with it now that i’ve talked to my teacher about it, and i should hopefully be able to complete it tomorrow after asking her a few more questions. :’)
cuddled with alize. ☺️
my mom surprised me with a smoothie from booster juice! it was pretty tasty. ^_^
did an animal crossing trade, and the trader even complimented my island! i’m not used to receiving compliments on it since it’s, uh... quite unfinished lmao, but it meant a lot to me!

today (04/05)
went to most of my classes, but i honestly wasn’t conscious during any of them lmao. today was just one of those days where i was exhausted for some reason, but i tried my best and hope to do better tomorrow. but i completed one of my assignments, at least!
cuddled with alize, and she let me kiss her face and head a bunch this morning! she’s such a sweetheart. 🥺
my thoughts got a lil depressing this evening, but i’m feeling better now. thank you to my friends who offered support in the “what’s bothering you?” thread; it meant a lot and made me feel a bit better. <3
remained sober the past two days!

• I tried out the demo of Kirby and the Forgotten Land after hearing good things about it and when Kirby took over TBT. After the first couple of stages, I'm already liking the game! It cracks me up every time whenever Kirby goes into mouthful mode lol.
aye, i didn’t know there was a demo! might have to try it out myself since tbt’s prank has made me curious. i’ve never played a kirby game before, so it’ll be an experience! 👀💗

There was fire alarm testing in my building today and I was very nervous about my cat since she has only been living here for about a month and I was worried about how stressed she would be during the alarms but she actually handled it so well, she picked a hiding spot right by my side. I'm both glad that she did well and glad that it's over now.
i’m so glad she handled it well! i was nervous about the first fire alarm testing in my apartment after bringing alize (my kitten) home as well, but she did good! she even handled the two evacuations that happened really well, though she didn’t like being in her carrier for as long as she had to be. our girls are brave. ♥️

Finished all the advanced islands in Desert Island Escape, and finally finished my New Leaf town altogether! 🥳 I might decide to revisit my town some later, but after playing nearly daily for 2+ years, I'm ready to give New Leaf a rest.
congrats on finishing your new leaf town!! i’ll lowkey miss you posting about it in here, but finishing it is a huge accomplishment! i’m sure your town looks incredible! ^^ 🥳

• I bought two new games on PC (Red Dead Redemption 2 and Five Night's at Freddy's), looking forward to playing them
oo, i love five night’s at freddy’s! i haven’t played it in so long lol. the 3rd and 4th games are my personal faves, but the first is a classic! great franchise, fantastic lore. i hope you enjoy it!

• Tried the new Starlight Coke flavor. It was surprisingly good. Usually, I hate Coke, but the Starlight flavor is amazing.
finally, someone else whose tried it! i really liked it as well. not too sure what the flavour’s supposed to be (other than “inspired by space” lmao), but it tasted like a mixture of cotton candy and vanilla to me. pretty tasty!!

congrats on finishing your new leaf town!! i’ll lowkey miss you posting about it in here, but finishing it is a huge accomplishment! i’m sure your town looks incredible! ^^ 🥳
Aww thanks! ;v; I never did anything too fancy with custom pattern pathing or anything, but I'm really happy with it just the same! I'm hoping to get back into NH and maybe HHD again soon now that I'll have a little more time.

Today was pretty busy (and the rest of the week probably will be too), but I made sure to get a couple fun things in as well!
I checked out the new NSO AC icon elements, and grabbed all the new frames and backgrounds, and my favorite villagers of the bunch too!
Played some more Minecraft Dungeons too! I cleared the Warped Forest and unlocked the Crimson Forest, and since I still had time, I then cleared the Crimson Forest and unlocked the Soul Sand Valley! Whew. Not sure if I've been really lucky with unlocking the secret missions recently, or if they made them a lot less rare, but either way I'm not complaining. 😅
And I'm taking a couple of weeks off soon! Need to get a few things taken care of first (hence the busy week), but I've been going pretty hard this year so far, and I'm looking forward to taking a nice break!

I did some research into something that I’m planning on doing sometime in the future. It made me happy with the information I found. It made me feel like anything really is possible even if you don’t think so. Sometimes it just requires more research. You just have to put the work in.
I played Pokémon and talked with my close friend and we were both actually more interested in our conversation than the battle so it was just us button mashing.
I visited Keagan today and he was so happy. There is a chance I will see Keagan again tomorrow.

@xara
Thanks for mentioning the flavor of Starlight Coke. I really wanted to try it but I didn’t know the flavor. All I found looking online was “mysterious” and something about raspberries, lol. It definitely sounds good, though. I’ll pick some up if I can find it.

Last edited:
finally, someone else whose tried it! i really liked it as well. not too sure what the flavour’s supposed to be (other than “inspired by space” lmao), but it tasted like a mixture of cotton candy and vanilla to me. pretty tasty!!
That's exactly what I thought it tasted like, too.

I went back to the craft store to inquire about a job (for like the 5th time lol, I feel like I'm bothering them) and they actually informed me that I needed to re-submit my application, so I went ahead and did that. the hiring manager also said she would keep me in mind since I'm available anytime and I'm only looking for part-time work. hopefully this ends up working out :)

also finally got around to trying to figure out why my computer couldn't connect to our new router, turns out I had to update the driver on my Linksys USB wifi adapter. now I can finally get on here from my desktop again!

My past week has been pretty rough, but I am trying to look on the bright side regardless!
  • I found an 8-bit Camel by Camel remix that I love! I can't stop listening to it. XD
  • I played the new MK8D tracks with my brother, it was a lot of fun! :D
  • I got some posters and DIYs in AC:NH!
  • I have received many consolations from my online friends and some forum users recently. <3
  • My online friend wrote a hilarious fic! I can't post it here because it's really not appropriate, but my sick humor loves it. XD

@Merielle That's awesome about your Newleaf town! I remember when I put it down when I completed my town back in 2018ish. Nice work! I'll have to check out your DA some time if you have one uploaded!

@xara I'm glad that you're trying with your classes and getting through it one assignment and class at a time. You're doing your best and that is all that matters. Good job!

Honestly nothing really amazing happened today. I was able to rest and didn't have work, so that was nice.

• Got to spend the morning with a family member which was nice
  • Got to eat all of said family member's blue gummy bears...whether they will notice, we shall see...
  • Got to give some positive affirmations to others
  • Now getting to chill out with some netflix and ACNH

I got the unit that I wanted in a gacha game before the banner ended later tonight :). Took me pretty much everything but I am still really happy :). So glad this next banner is of a character that I don’t like.

I got a funny picture of Spanky today; I was trying to get a picture of her while she had her head resting on her paws, but then she moved and did this 😅

3D29A157-F034-4F7D-AE93-AE17ACEFBA76.jpeg

Big yawn for a tiny cat 😂.

I’m chatting with a friend on discord.

I’m really happy that in spite of all the bad stuff that happened with my friends just within this year, I still made and kept so many good friends. ☺️ I am very grateful that thry all seemed to understand when I need to take a break or don’t chat all the time, sometimes for long periods of time. I feel really bad and wish I was better about checking in and with conversations. :/

I am about to finish my last assignment before the mid-semester break! After that, I can start prep for exams which shouldn't be too bad. Currently completing my research on law of contracts, then I can move on to criminal, human rights, and international law readings. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my degree but I need a break atm. Recently transferred to a different law school, so it's been a bit stressful getting into the groove of things again.

Back