• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

I finally picked up some new socks which is something I’ve been meaning to do. All of mine had holes in the heel from wear. I just have to wash these new ones.
I’m happy I got to play some Mario Party Superstars last night after work. Work was slow for me and I wasn’t exhausted, so it gave me a chance to relax with a game.
I went to Burgatory for lunch and got some really spicy chicken wings.
I got to see my favorite person this morning. The party we were going to ended up being cancelled, but she said she’d snag me along if she gets invited to another one.
I’m happy she’s dragging me out of my comfort zone and I felt comfortable enough to do so myself. No forcing, manipulation tactics or guilt tripping, this is how you do it ‘cause anxiety is a thing:
F702A01E-D16F-4505-B4EB-3E1781C482E7.jpeg
My grandma sent me this picture of Keagan and he is such a good boy.
6392DECC-8FE5-4182-817A-1946A5D9CBEE.jpeg

Last edited:
Weekend post! 🥳

- Yesterday I watched the newest episode of My Hero Academia and it was great!

- I also made progress on my Pokemon X Nuzlocke and my first encounter on route 4 ended up being a Ralts!

- Speaking of my 3DS, for weeks I've been trying to get my data transferred on my 3DS MicroSD card to a bigger memory card so I can buy some games from the eShop before it closes early next year. Well today I finally did it! I got a 32GB one that works from a store and @Chibi.Hoshi helped me do the transfer. Many thanks!

- I also purchased a new charger for my tablet while I was out as my old one was falling apart and didn't charge my tablet well, and I got some wired headphones for work.

- I also got a haircut while out and it looks great!

- I had breakfast earlier at a nice place and it was really good.

- The Dallas Cowboys just defeated the LA Rams 22-10 and improved to 4-1 on the season. Next week is going to be a very exciting game against the Philadelphia Eagles, who are 5-0 so far this season.

- Tomorrow's a big day for me! I'm going to make sure to get to sleep early so I'll be ready for it. :giggle:

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept well last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- I've enjoyed my three day weekend and feel rested.
- We've been having perfect fall weather the past few days, just a hint of chill to wear long sleeves but still very comfortable.
- The Minnesota Vikings beat Chicago and Green Bay lost, so the Vikings are now 4-1 alone at the top of the division. 💜💛
- My husband picked the tile for the shower walls and I picked the paint color. Now I just have to compile a list of all our selections and send it to the contractor to start placing the orders. I'm getting excited. I hope this looks as good as I think it will.
- I had a good club wrap for dinner and a raspberry waffle cone for dessert.

Caught the latest episodes of Spy x Family and One Piece this morning with my family! One Piece was just recap, but it's funny how they frame it with the chibi characters, so I don't mind too much.
I finally finished Chapter 2 of Dragon Quest IV, and got started on Chapter 3! I love Chapter 2, but Chapter 3 is really fun as well—definitely one of the most unique sections I've played in a JRPG, if not the most.
Watched Grian's latest Hermitcraft episode today, which was a ton of fun! I'm already excited for the next one after a cliffhanger like that ahahaha
Also worked on a few more rubber band bracelets, and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! ^^ I was having a bit more difficulty with them than usual for some reason today, but I think it worked out for the best in the end anyway.

- my partner and i decided we're going to adopt one of our foster cats -- we have a nursing mama cat and her <3 week old kitten and are going to let the mama stay with us. she's such a big sweetheart

- reset my acnl cart and created a new BTF account! i used to be active on here back in 2013-2015 or so but don't remember my login... been reigniting my love for the game and it feels good. also started rune factory 4 and loving it :)

- Managed to get some sleep before university this morning (I have insomnia + a bad sleep schedule so any sleep I get at night is a win for me)

- I had a group trip to Germany cancelled last spring, but it's been rescheduled for early next year now, so I'm excited I'll be going after all! I wasn't sure if they'd be able to book it or not,,

- Had a pretty nice, chill day at uni, the weather was really good too

- I have the day off tomorrow!

I made bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast. There was a lot of egg and bacon left over and one of them was so good I had to make another lol.

Have a package coming in mail today soon and I will be able to finish a job when it does. I also found time to wash and wax my truck. It's been ages since I did it or could find the time. Need to keep it in good condition. Might not be the best, but I don't want to put that kind of money out so I try to upkeep its maintenance.

Started to restore an old antique treasure chest. I put it on hold because of how hectic life has been. It's a ways off from being done, but it looks great from how I found it.
Shiny.jpg
So shiny. The wood still needs a lot of restoration and work, but the metal itself has been challenging. I ended up using eraser bits and a dremel drill to erase/burn the patina/rust off.

Got my new phone today. While it is not a super fancy one, it's the best one I've had yet. It runs Pocket Camp and allows hotspot. Who knows, after over a year of waiting maybe people can visit my island again? 🤞
It was a beautiful fall day too. 🍁
At any rate, today I feel blessed.

We got our ballots in the mail and our flu shots today! I'm mainly happy just to have these off my mind, but so far I'm not having much in the way of side effects from the flu shot this year either, which is a plus. My arm is sore and I've been a bit fatigued, but I'm not having the mild fever/body aches that I normally do. Hopefully it'll stay that way!
I got to play more of Chapter 3 in Dragon Quest IV! ^^ I've managed to get geared up with the best equipment I can get for now, so I'm looking forward to progressing the story some more next time!
Watched fWhip's latest Empires SMP episode with my parents over dinner tonight! I'd been eagerly anticipating this one, and it was even better than expected. 😂

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have any major issues come up at work and I got all of my high priority work completed.
- The weather was nice and I saw a couple of squirrels plus my favorite neighborhood dogs.
- I watched the latest episodes of My Hero Academia and House of the Dragon.
- Ze Frank posted a new True Facts video on YouTube.
- I got some laundry done.

Ahhhhhh, today was the perfect day! It was my first day in an actual office, and it was great! Just to think that all of my past hardships, challenges, and friendships as a person with Aspergers built me up to this point. I owned this, and there's absolutely nothing that can take it away from me. 😤 💪 :D

Back