• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply last night.
- I saw an orange and white cat laying under my husband's car when I left for work in the morning.
- I completed a fair amount of side tasks at work. I always feel stressed when they pile up due to higher priority work coming in, so it was a relief to knock out quite a few of those things.
- I had to research something to answer a question at work and now I have a deeper understanding of the process overall. I love learning new things.
- I was able to take a morning break and took a walk around the building. Unfortunately, it was a bit too cold to go outside.
- The weather did warm up in the afternoon and was quite pleasant by the time I left work.
- When I got home this evening, the sun was low and shining through the trees, illuminating huge clouds of tiny bugs in the air. It had a sparkly effect with the sunlight glinting off their wings and they were just fluttering softly so it was really quite beautiful.
- My husband and my dog have been sweet.
- I'm looking forward to relaxing and sleeping in this weekend.

I’m having a pretty decent night honestly. Not great as a few things out of my control are bothering me, but I’m calming down and accepting things as they are.

I bought some of my favorite dinners from the store and picked up some assorted Swedish fish.
I played Mario Party Superstars online with randoms, and everyone stayed until the end.
I washed my bedsheets and blanket tonight, so I can sleep in freshness tonight.
I have the next two days off, so I am able to run the vacuum in my room tomorrow.
I was finally able to authorize no signature delivery for that package, so that’s a relief.

I got a lot to unpack that I'll have to put in a spoiler oops.

• I watched the 2022 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix! Admittedly, I was too tired to stay awake for the entire thing. Plus, the race got suspended three laps in and it took a long while to restart. I did get to see a couple of battles somehow after that. Max Verstappen won the championship, but I didn't really care about that to be honest since the championship fight was pretty meh this year. 😅
  • I went on a car stroll with my sister and dad! Picture this: The weather was clear, the sun is about to settle over the horizon, the leaves are changing colours, and the temperature was fairly cold, all while listening to a bunch of bossa nova music. 😊 Oh, and I spotted a lot of recognizable cars that I already mentioned here, so that was a great plus!
Uhh, yeah, I actually listened to this while driving lol. It put me in a relaxing mood that's for sure.
  • I played GT Sport and over ten months later since getting the game at the beginning of 2022, I finally finished all of the single-player race events! There were two left that each lasted an hour long and took me quite a while to complete them. Thankfully, I won at the end and didn't have to restart! At the same time, I also created another livery in the game while listening to the in-game soundtrack in the background. A lot of them were from the older games from the series (specifically 5 and 6), so it gave me quite a huge nostalgia. As for the livery itself, it's actually a different variation to the one I made for @/xSuperMario64x, except I rearranged some decals and the car was mostly in yellow. I chose that colour because apparently, Bug told me that he used to have a different Volkswagen New Beetle in yellow (year model from 2000) years ago before the one he currently has (in the colour red with a convertible roof with the year model of 2007). Unfortunately, it broke down due to the oil pump chain tensioner not working properly which meant the engine basically went kaput according to him. I thought it'd be nice that I give a tribute to Bug's yellow Beetle in the form of a livery. Here's a photo in case you want to see it for yourself.
If you look closely, I even put on a few blue pawprints on it! There are five of them, with one that's partially hidden. 🐾 I actually ended up using the Beetle in one of the races that I completed. I should really get a move on posting the rest of my drawings in my art thread...
Yellow Beetle.PNG
  • Speaking of Bug, I had a nice chat with him on discord over the past few days! There were also a few times when we had some funny moments and got some laughs out of it.
I absolutely loved what Bug typed here and it really got me laughing after. Of course, it had something to do with me messing around in Gran Turismo 7 with a cursed Spongebob livery while poking fun at the game's slogan. I sometimes feel like we say stuff that would be great for the out of context quotes thread. 😂
The 'Real Driving Simulator'.PNG

Yes, I made use of my AC villager that I drew a while back and he's a cute birb, okay lol.
I'm fully aware that Bug is taking a hiatus from TBT at the moment. In the midst of funny conversations, there were times when he just needed to vent about stuff and I'd just listen closely to what he had to say. To keep things, short, Bug really appreciates that I'm there to comfort him and even considers me a very close friend of his. Honestly, it hits me in the heart knowing that I've made someone feel better. Keep in mind that my friendship with Bug became stronger simply because I basically went "haha, making silly car livery in a video game for my friend even though they'll never play the said game". My enthusiasm for cars has brought me more than I thought, and I sometimes wonder if my friendship with him would ever reach the levels it is now if it weren't for him telling me about Beetle Adventure Racing.
  • I made some more progress in my drawing while listening to lots of music!
  • I went for a small walk, but I don't remember which day I did it lol.
  • Feel free to skip this point. This was on a separate day and it's a car that I already saw (since 2021 actually), but I may have spotted a Porsche 911 GT3 (996)! This made me very happy to see it because the 996 generation is my absolute favourite out of all models of the 911 simply because of the headlight designs. There's something that I really like about the way it looks. Even if it's not the 911 GT3 model trim, a 996 is still a 996, so I see this as an absolute win lol.
  • My stickers from the TBT Fair finally arrived in the mail! Even though it doesn't have the extra goodies, I'm still very happy that I got some physical stuff related to the forums. The Ione and Cave sticker looks very pretty!
No, it didn't come with a Hotwheels toy lol. I actually used this yellow Honda S2000 in one of the scavenging hunt rounds for the TBT Fair, so this little guy gets some credit for helping me get these stickers! By the way, I don't know who wrote "Thank you!" from the staff themselves, but I want you to know that your writing is very readable compared to some doctors who write on prescription papers lol.
stickers.PNG

October 14, 2022 (I was supposed to type it earlier, but I was too slow. 😅)
  • I made significant progress in my drawing today. I got most of the shading done, but I'll have to draw out the backgrounds after. Hopefully, it won't take me much longer to complete since starting it in early September!
  • I ate Subway and some fries for lunch.
  • I was randomly recommended some soundtracks from F1 Manager 22. I don't play the game (though I watch a couple of youtubers playing it), but there were a couple of soundtracks I heard that felt relaxing. In a game where you manage a Formula 1 team, it's a pleasant surprise to hear some that genuinely sound good (at least in my opinion). Not gonna lie, I kinda want to get the game now even though you don't even get to drive at all.
Downforce - Ross Fortune
Starts at 42:15 and ends at 51:36. I'm aware that it's pretty lengthy.
  • When I logged back into TBT after not doing so in a few days, @/Midoriya and @/Roxxy checked up on me to see if I was doing fine. I really appreciate their kindful thoughts and words, and it warms my heart that they care about me. 🥺 But I'm not done yet. Roxxy did more by making a drawing of Blue from Blue's Clues for me since we were on the same team in TBTWC 2021. I really love this. It's so cute. 😭
6B4A29DE-0A20-4840-B835-C4207D9663A3.jpeg

Found some new artwork of a few of my comfort characters! ♡
I switched to my Halloween aesthetic now that we're getting into the latter half of the month! I had a one-row lineup version in mind, but things fell together perfectly just in time for this two-row version I'm using now. ;v;
Watched fWhip's new Empires SMP episode with my parents over dinner!
I made a couple more rubber band bracelets today! I went for some traditional Halloween colors because I've been fully absorbed into the spooky season mood ahaha.
And I spent the evening playing Pokémon Legends: Arceus! I retrieved a ton of player satchels (and thankfully avoided leaving one myself, albeit very narrowly 😅), and also had several mass outbreaks occur! No shinies, but it was really helpful with my research tasks.

The weekend has started for me :)
  • I went out for iced coffee with my husband this morning
  • I finally found a Skull squishmellow in Australia !!!!!
1665872582614.png
Its way bigger than I thought it would be!!!!! I love it :love:( Halloween is my favourite holiday so I am so so excited)
  • I did some online shopping and got some ps5 accessories to treat myself cause I never do
  • My friend is picking me up to do some shopping and get some lunch :)

Today I'm happy because:

- I picked up Count of Monte Cristo and started reading it again last night. I stopped reading about 2 months ago due to things getting too busy, and I'm thrilled to finally be able to get back into my book because I was enjoying it.
- I slept really well and got to sleep late this morning.
- The weather was sunny and warm today.
- I saw several cute animals while walking my dog this afternoon.
- I had a really relaxing day and spent some quality time with my husband and my dog.
- My husband offered to take me, my mom, my aunt and uncle out to dinner in 2 weeks. My mom, my aunt, and I have birthdays one day apart, so we always celebrate together. I talked to my mom tonight and she was so touched she nearly cried.
- I get to read some more tonight and then sleep in again tomorrow.

It's been a very busy day and it's very late, but I still wanted to post here before bed!
The Sniffer won the Minecraft mob vote!! I'm still not a huge fan of the voting format, but my heartbreak over the Moobloom and the Copper Golem has healed just a bit. ;v; Can't wait to see this funny little dino thing in-game and the new decorative plants it'll bring.
Watched another episode of Fairy Tail and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood this morning!
And I did get to play Pokemon Legends: Arceus for a good while today too! ^^ Caught up on a few requests, recovered more player satchels, made some good research progress and got to explore the Coronet Highlands some more.

My favorite person was upset and I felt like I was prying, but she eventually admitted she was upset. Before we parted ways for the night, I was about to walk away but she pulled me back for a hug and told me I cheered her up. I just love holding her and making her feel safe. 🥺
I really enjoyed playing Mario Party Superstars tonight with her. It’s turned into a weekly thing for us. I think us playing helped take her mind off everything. 🔥🎮
The Owl House third season premiered tonight and I really enjoyed watching it.
These assorted Swedish fish candies I picked up are delicious. I like all of the flavors in here. Typically there’s at least one color I dislike, but it’s not the case here. I love the orange.
A7E5E087-1610-4F6D-A87A-59DB77CA6B0D.jpeg

I don't remember your username, but to the TBT'er I ran into last night: thanks for the G&T! If we cross paths again the next one is on me. 🍻
That sounds amazing ngl. I hope I bump into another tbt:er one day :blush:

No Hoopa Unbound for me today because Niantic sucks but I managed to get the 5km walk goal for the pose done!

Forgot to post because the past few days have been very chaotic but here are some things that made me happy yesterday (10/15) and the day before (10/14)
  • I got some of my community service hours for NJHS done. I just need 7 hours before the end of the semester!
  • I got to see one of my favorite people for a few hours
  • I loved the Owl House season 3 premiere. I can't wait for the next episodes! (episodes? specials? What do I call them?)
  • I'm rewatching the Harry Potter series with one of my friends. I love the series so much and I didn't realize how much I needed to see my fictional home away from home again.

Back