• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

ā˜¾ I started trying out some schedule changes todayā€”I've been wanting to start going to bed and getting up earlier, and it's gone pretty well so far! ^^ Even if it's the same amount of time in the end, I just feel more productive being done with work earlier, and I really like the look and feel of early morning hours. I'm hoping this'll help reduce some of my stress and anxiety issues a little more too.
ā˜¾ Got a new desktop wallpaper for my rotation!
ā˜¾ I played more PokĆ©mon Legends: Arceus today, and I think I've gotten right up to the final boss battle! I didn't feel like I quite had time to go through with it without feeling rushed, so I've held off for now. This is definitely my favorite mainline-ish PokĆ©mon game though, so I don't mind stretching things out a little. Not that I'll be truly finished with it anytime soon, what with the postgame and PokĆ©dex completion to work on, but still.
ā˜¾ Caught up with GeminiTay's latest Empires SMP episode this evening!
ā˜¾ I've started work on another embroidery floss bracelet for myself! I was thinking about doing another rubber band bracelet, but I got an idea and couldn't resist ahaha.
ā˜¾ Also found a lot of really nice artwork of one of my faves šŸ‘‰šŸ‘ˆ

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept pretty deeply again last night. It feels so good to not have my back pain keeping me up all night anymore.
- I had another easy day of work. I got my main tasks done and was able to complete some other work on the side as well.
- I've been enjoying using the folding screen my husband got me. It really helps to have that small barrier when I'm working from home.
- The weather was a bit chillier than I would like today but it was sunny and the fall leaves are looking gorgeous.
- My sister-in-law sent me a picture of my niece and said she loves the birthday presents I sent her. The last time they came to town for a visit, my nephew told me that his little sister steals all of his Grogu stuff. So I bought her a Grogu sweatshirt and Grogu plush of her own. She looked so cute and happy with them. šŸ’š

ā˜¾ I was able to finish the embroidery floss bracelet I started yesterday! I think the colors wound up pretty similar to another one I made previously, but I like them so it's fine ahahaha
ā˜¾ I was taking pictures of my torbie kitty while she was hanging out with me today, and she must've gotten annoyed with it, because she just gently put her paw on my hand holding the phone like, "Okay, that's enough" šŸ˜‚ So, naturally, I took one last photo.
IMG-2915.jpg
ā˜¾ We watched GoodTimesWithScar's latest Hermitcraft episode this evening!

Today I'm happy because:

- I completed all of my work today plus a few extra side tasks.
- I scheduled some time off for the week of my birthday.
- I got to leave work early and had a good session with my massage therapist this afternoon.
- We bought a steampunk clock for our bathroom. It arrived yesterday, but we didn't check it out until today. It looks amazing in person! I can't wait for the remodel to be done so we can hang it up.
- I bought birthday presents for my twin nephews. I was having trouble deciding on gifts this time, but I think I came up with some good ideas in the end. They should arrive this weekend, so I'll have time to get them wrapped and shipped out on time.
- Only 2 days left before the weekend!

81taCDVRfJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

- i went out with some of my friends to eat hawaiian bbq before we had marching band rehearsal
- got a happy meal LOL i love getting them to see what their new toy is and rn itā€™s a Halloween bucket
- recently Iā€™ve gotten closer with some of my new friends ive made so far and i love spending time w them :ā€™)

also saw a bunch of cats so that was fun lolol

- Managed to sleep for 7 hours last night!
- Had uni in the morning, I went just to keep my attendance percentage high lol (I can keep up pretty easily just by listening to the lectures uploaded online)
- Managed to catch the earlier train home, so I had a hot bath and then an afternoon nap :ROFLMAO:
- I started up my annual re-watch of Over the Garden Wall yesterday, so I watched episode 2 today!
- Friday tomorrow! I like Fridays, I have a 2pm class that's pretty fun :)

- My partner has been sweet to me.

- The weather outside is nice.

- Work is going well.

- I just received my seventh gym badge in my Pokemon X Nuzlocke, which means this is the furthest I've made it in any Pokemon X/Y challenge. I also added a strong Beartic to my team. :D

- Pippi likes the corner of my room for some reason these days. :giggle:

XaIKg9v.jpg

- The Dallas STARS are 3-0 to start the 22-23 NHL season, and they play the Toronto Maple Leafs tonight. I'm looking forward to a great game between the two. I'm wearing my long sleeve Dallas Stars Hockey shirt in hopes that they'll win again. šŸ˜¤ šŸ’š

Someone pinged me overnight on Instagram saying they love my art and want to commission my work for their OC. Thanks to everyone who has credited me on ToyHouse!
This is my first DM from offsite from a total stranger. šŸ¤Æ My self esteem is through the roof!

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I have something pretty exciting to share. I was outside taking the recycling stuff out, and a cat walked up to me. It was really friendly and I got to pet it. When I was heading inside it followed me, and my parents let the cat inside. It's probably the neighbor's cat (as seen with the clean fur and friendly demeanour), and we'll probably take care of it for just a bit, but I'm just really happy to have a cat in our house again. Since my two cats became outdoor cats and never came back, it saddened me - But having a cat here reminds me of the joys I had with Caramel and Wookie. Even if we don't end up keeping it forever, I'm already happy to have this cat around. ā¤ļø

ā˜¾ I made another rubber band bracelet today! I'd been itching to do something with my rainbow jelly bands and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
ā˜¾ Had a really nice dinner and watched SmallishBeans' latest episode of Empires!
ā˜¾ I finished the main story of PokĆ©mon Legends: Arceus!!! Origin Forme Palkia did tragically ruin my no-blackouts streak after 79 hours though lol rip. I've started on the postgame story a little bit too! ^^
ā˜¾ I got another new desktop wallpaper! And yes, it's the PL:A end-credits art ahahaha

I haven't done this in a while, so I'll sum up the best part of the past several days.

- I finally have control over my classwork! Using a planner has helped wonders. With the hard part out of the way I can finally enjoy learning the class material!
- I picked up some iced coffee and a few things from the grocery store.
- I agreed to hang out with my college friend once I'm back home!
- I got a volunteer job at a popular anime convention! This will be both my first time working for a convention and attending one! I'll be a part of peace bonding staff. I can't wait to see all of the cool cosplays at the event!

- I got a volunteer job at a popular anime convention! This will be both my first time working for a convention and attending one! I'll be a part of peace bonding staff. I can't wait to see all of the cool cosplays at the event!
That's awesome! Have fun at your first convention! The cosplays were always my favorite part.

Today I'm happy because:

- I'm still sleeping pretty well.
- My work day wasn't as easy as the early part of the week, but it still wasn't too bad.
- I went into the office and got to take walks in the morning and afternoon.
- We're making progress with the contractor for the bathroom remodel. I signed the contract today and he said we should be able to start in the next few weeks.
- Tomorrow is Friday!
- I was finally able to wear the shark sweatshirt my husband bought me a while ago. It was so comfy and warm! I love it!
- Today is International Sloth Day! I got a random text from my husband while I was working with an adorable sloth gif. šŸ’ššŸ¦„šŸ’š

1666319264256.png

āŸ” I saw my favorite person today. What made my day the most was that she actually bought me something before I gave her Mario Party Superstars, but she wasnā€™t planning on telling me so itā€™d be a surprise. She ended up telling me anyway after I gave her the game. The fact that she wanted to get me anything is amazing, but it means a lot to me she did it first.
She left the bag outside of my dadā€™s passenger car door
which by the way I thought was very sweet, but I love everything she got me. This is honestly the most thoughtful thing someone has done for me and I can see how much thought was put into this. Now I have a Croconaw to hold for stress in addition to the name tag she gave me a few months back.
B126AE74-26C8-4D11-BD49-EB4D5C92D9C0.jpeg
82EDC64F-90B5-45B5-8855-31A3F507F637.jpeg
āŸ” I told her something from my past, as well, and something my dad doesnā€™t even know. I love feeling comfortable enough to open up like this and for her to be this understanding makes it so easy. Itā€™s nice not having to keep things from her. I literally have nothing bottled up inside of me with her.
āŸ” I attended the Los Angeles Kings game tonight at Pittsburgh, and although Iā€™m not happy with the score, Iā€™m happy I got to see my team. I received two pucks from this game. Quinton Byfield noticed I had his jersey, and tossed me a puck.
I may have screamed his name and pointed at the back of my jersey, lol. The other puck was from the team staff on the bench.
Also, Byfield literally acknowledged me and we touched hands to the glass. I very likely couldā€™ve gotten a picture with him if my phone wasnā€™t in my pocket at the time. I wish I got that picture, dammit.
C21F1F28-CA4E-4988-8454-88533FCF533C.jpeg
39B5D880-66D3-49A4-9E27-9E56D5D90E13.jpeg
77C36AB5-56D9-4001-86B9-E2E139D240CD.jpeg

Decided to write down somethings I accomplished this week!

ā Finally took my laptop to a repair shop! It needed the disk to be replaced, it turns out. It was completely unusable before (could barely open any files) and I was considering buying a new one so I'm glad that I can use this one longer for about $250
ā Sent in my absentee ballot after figuring it all out
ā Got my 4th COVID vaccine, 5 months to the date as my 3rd one!

Back