• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Happy About Today?

oh man i’m so tired. 😴 today was much better than yesterday, though! i hope you’re all doing well!

𓆩♡𓆪 read 3 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 had a productive day at school! today was math quiz day, and even though i’d been stressing over it all weekend, there ended up being only 9 questions, all of which were really easy! i think i did really well on it. ☺️ i have no schoolwork to worry about tonight, which has been lovely! i’ve had most of the day to myself to just relax!
𓆩♡𓆪 i also completed an assignment for math that’s due tonight. i’m not super confident in some of my answers, but i tried my best! curious to see how well i did (or didn’t do lol) once my teacher marks it.
𓆩♡𓆪 tidied up my room a bit.
𓆩♡𓆪 my dad gave me his christmas present to me ($50) early!
𓆩♡𓆪 my mom also ordered 2 christmas gifts for me today! :’D i know what one of them is, but the other is a surprise! i’m so excited for christmas! she still has no idea about the present that i got her, and she keeps pressing me about what i bought. 🤣 keeping secrets is hard sometimes lol.
𓆩♡𓆪 began working on my christmas avatar! i haven’t created art since fair, so my skills are very nonexistent right now haha. it’s not turning out too badly so far, though! i might make a matching sig as well. :>
𓆩♡𓆪 continued watching the crown.
𓆩♡𓆪 do ya’ll even have to ask? 🖤
0C0B01C4-E033-4133-9C91-7330B12150BB.jpeg
AAAE6362-A38D-4B9B-9BB5-A8B404C5AF10.jpeg
DF2A0CA4-BA06-4AFB-AE2E-C6CD1C05783D.jpeg
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.

Back in October, I submitted my NaNoWriMo project to the site for their '30 Covers in 30 Days' event. It's where designers are gathered up and each chooses a book to make a mock cover. The covers are just for fun and can't be used for publishing, but considering how many people participate, it's cool if you get picked, right?

Last night, I got an email that I had been chosen! My project is up on both the NaNo forums and their Tumblr. The art is really amazing and even though I don't know if I will try to publish this piece, I'm kind of bummed I wouldn't be able to use it. :)

Back in October, I submitted my NaNoWriMo project to the site for their '30 Covers in 30 Days' event. It's where designers are gathered up and each chooses a book to make a mock cover. The covers are just for fun and can't be used for publishing, but considering how many people participate, it's cool if you get picked, right?

Last night, I got an email that I had been chosen! My project is up on both the NaNo forums and their Tumblr. The art is really amazing and even though I don't know if I will try to publish this piece, I'm kind of bummed I wouldn't be able to use it. :)
Congratulations!

Bit of context:
A few days ago I was watching and telling my mom about the premiere of a show I love, how today was finally a chance to get to watch a bit, and how excited I am for it.

This morning I found she did most of my workload so I can go enjoy it sooner. Can't stop thinking about the kind gesture.

- The sun is shining outside today.

- Work is going really well.

- The Dallas Mavericks play the Golden State Warriors tonight at 6:30 p.m US CST. It will be on TNT and take place in Dallas. Supposedly the Mavs have acquired a new player, someone who used to be a star for the Charlotte Hornets. Hopefully he can contribute to the team soon. 💙

- Going to be going to a Dallas Stars game in a couple weeks in-person! I'll never forget the favorite game I went to several years ago. It was a regular season game against the St. Louis Blues, and the Stars were trailing for most of the game. They eventually tied it and it went past overtime and into a shootout. I had been hyping up the crowd, and before the winning goal was scored I pointed down at the player on the ice, he actually looked up at me, and then went forward and scored the winning goal. I received a pat on the back from a fellow Stars fan, and in the post-game interview when asked how they won, the player said the fans really helped them, as if it were me. Those are the kinds of memories you don't forget. 💚 :giggle:

• I woke-up feeling awful and couldn't get warm. My partner made a hot water bottle for me and dug out a weighted blanket and layered it over the other blankets on the bed before she left this morning. 🖤
  • We split a slice of coffee and walnut cake that she had picked-up from a local bakery on her way home.
  • She also kindly treated me to Chinese takeout for dinner because she knew I'd been craving a specific dish for a few days. When they got my order wrong, she took care of it for me. I hadn't taken my anxiety meds today so that was really appreciated.
...God, this woman does more for me than I realise sometimes. I'm lucky to be with her.

- The Dallas Mavericks play the Golden State Warriors tonight at 6:30 p.m US CST. It will be on TNT and take place in Dallas. Supposedly the Mavs have acquired a new player, someone who used to be a star for the Charlotte Hornets. Hopefully he can contribute to the team soon. 💙

@Foreverfox The Mavs WIN 116-113 and snap their 4-game losing streak!!! 🏀 🔥 😤 🤩

I was able to get one of my wishlist collectibles, a Spring Sakura!! My morning was off to a bit of a rough start otherwise, so it was a really nice turnaround. ;u;
My torbie kitty came to hang out with me for a little while today! She's such lovely company
Saw a teaser for some upcoming art of a couple of my faves! Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for when the full art is released ahahaha
I made a couple rubber band bracelets while watching some Youtube! I watched a couple videos with my family too. ^^
Played a little Pokémon Platinum this evening!

Today I'm happy because:

- I was able to close out a couple of incidents in my work queue.
- For Giving Tuesday, my company offered a donation match. I was planning on giving something to the World Wildlife Fund by the end of the year, but I figured with the company match it made sense to do it now.
- My dog has been extra snuggly with me the past few days.

📚 Woke up early and got a bit of work done. Not as much as I wanted, but something is better than nothing.

🐈‍⬛ I spotted the stray cat I saw yesterday, in the same place near the bus stop. I hope it's there tomorrow; I plan on bringing it something to eat. Will keep y'all updated.

🛎 Got all of the clicker questions right in one of my classes. A rare and beautiful occurrence.

🍛 Tried a new poke place on campus. It was honestly decent! And got to eat it with my friend, which is always nice.

📖 Finished a hefty chunk of homework ahead of time.

🗓 Sorted out some messy scheduling stuff. Some friends volunteered to help me out, which was sweet of them (though I'm secretly grumpy about their recent behavior. But that's not for the happy thread :p )

🍬 Ate some candy. I'm choosing to phrase it in this positive way instead of "binged on a huge bag of sour snakes and sea salt caramel chocolate".

♥️ Watched TV, ate dinner, and laughed a lot with my partner. They're the only one who'll sit and watch me floss my teeth with rapt attention. Crazy, insane, amazing, I'm in love, blah blah blah.

🌳 Posted a new island journal!

✨ Today was not the best day. I had high hopes for myself and didn't do as much as I wanted to. However, I still got a decent amount done, and I'll incorporate the lessons I've learned from today into how I structure my day tomorrow. I've enjoyed ending the day on TBT. So to everyone reading, I hope you're having a good one. Thanks for being here. ✨

-My friends and I were all in great moods today, so our interactions were so much fun. I've laughed a lot more than I have in a while today.
-My cat hasn't felt well the past few days, but today he was purring and playing around with my other cats. I was happy to see him being his usual, goofy self.
-I have all A's this semester. It's been stressful.
-I straightened up my room and did laundry. I found my Edward Scissorhands shirt I thought I had lost.
-I bought blinds for my window finally. I've had a blanket covering my window for months because I never remembered to buy any blinds.
-I drew a little bit today.

am very sleepy, but i had a decent and relatively uneventful day! ☺️

𓆩♡𓆪 read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed.
𓆩♡𓆪 had my 5th physiotherapy appointment today. it went well! the exercises my therapist had me do reminded me just how out of shape i am LOL, but i was able to do them all without too much trouble! lots of balancing exercises today, but i did the best i could. 😅 my mom also treated me to a milkshake and breakfast afterwards! everything was delicious. c:
𓆩♡𓆪 got the math assignment i did yesterday back — i got 21/23 marks! i messed up one of the calculations, but i’m really pleased with how i did overall! 21/23 marks is a slay in my eyes. 😌
𓆩♡𓆪 took a good nap when i got home from physio. i didn’t get much sleep last night (my own fault for staying up until 3am when i had to get up at 9 lol), so the nap definitely helped me feel more rested and alert.
𓆩♡𓆪 did some self-care.
𓆩♡𓆪 even though i‘m quite sleepy and low energy tonight, i still pushed myself to tidy up my room a bit.
𓆩♡𓆪 got to go island hopping in acnh today, and i found shino after only 12 nmts, my last set dreamie and my favourite villager!! 🥰🖤 i’m very excited to finally have her on my island!
𓆩♡𓆪 gave an acnh item to @/azurill for free, and they generously sent me some tbt. 🥺 absolutely didn’t need or expect anything in return, but i’m very thankful. grateful to know such amazing people in this community. <3

xara goes night night now. good night! c:

- My classes were cancelled because of strikes, so I worked on my essay today instead and managed to get a lot done!
- I came home and started playing Pokemon Violet 💜 I chose Sprigatito, and caught a Shroodle as my second team member. I made the extra effort to make sure they both have good natures too lol (Adamant and Jolly,,)
- Honestly I'm pretty happy that it's forecast to be a lot drier this week/month, November was very rainy and I hate rain 😖 So far this week it hasn't rained at all!
- 1st December is tomorrow, which means I'll be opening my advent calendar 😍

I've not had the greatest day, admittedly. I've sinusitis and needed to get a B12 injection this afternoon - and anyone else who gets those regularly will know that having your muscle spasm around a needle is the most uncomfortable sensation in the world. But...

• I learned today that I am considered more accomplished in my field than I realised. I can even use a new post-nominal once the paperwork is processed. :eek:
  • Despite feeling rough, I got all my chores done and prepped for my meeting tomorrow.
  • I've spent this evening relaxing in front of the TV with a glass of Bailey's. 😊

Back