• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I wanted to make one last post here before I officially arrive in Disney World and my posts become significantly longer because of it. I have a few things to mention.

Someone complimented my shirt today at the store and it made me smile. It was a BLUELOCK anime shirt for any curious minds, lol.
I was able to grab a few snacks for the plane. I grabbed a carnival lollipop and some gummies, because I'm not a huge fan of chocolate.
I woke up with a headache for some reason but it seems to have subsided very shortly after. I'm pretty sure it was just dehydration.
I saw my favorite person today very briefly. It wasn't long of an interaction but it was still amazing, haha.
I tried the new strawberry cream freeze, the strawberry twists, and the chicken enchilada burritos from Taco Bell. 10/10. The pineapple whip freeze is still superior, though.

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i participated in today’s tbt neighbourly games mario party superstars session!! my streak of coming in 4th place continues
IMG_2750.png
, but i won a golden pipe at least, and i still had a lot of fun! mps is honestly so fun, i really need to start playing it more often!

ੈ✩‧₊˚ bonk had an appointment with her groomer to get her nails trimmed today, and she was such a good girl like always!! her groomer took some silly photos of her with backgrounds as usual, and miss bonk was not happy about it at all LOL. but she’s been given many treats, pets, and a lot of love and playtime, so she’s significantly less grumpy now haha 🖤
IMG_3307.jpeg
IMG_3308.jpeg

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ i finally revived my art thread!! it’s crazy how long my revival post is, and even crazier that i managed to write it after taking my sleepy meds LOL, but i’m so thankful for all of the love and support that i received on the art that i shared 🥹 i also did some mario character doodles this morning, and i’m so happy that @/xSuperMario64x liked the thwomp drawing that i did for him! i still have some revamping to do before i’m 100% happy with my art thread, but hopefully it won’t take me almost a year to post again 😅
IMG_3297.png
IMG_3306.png

• I had a fun time Spectating MPS in the Neighborly games today, everyone was feeling very anxious in winning! I was mostly rooting for ~Kilza~ to win this round, but IonicKarma had to come in with her bank of coins, probably because she was playing as Yoshi and we know how Yoshi deals with coins well with his tax evasion skills.

• At long last, the heatwave where I live is no more! When Wednesday rolls around I'll be getting 70 degree weather. 🍂🍁🍂Fall, here I come!!!🍂🍁🍂

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in and felt much more rested than I have all week.
- In Kena: Bridge of Spirits I explored a new area and found everything in a single play session.
- I completed the PowerPoint for the trivia game my husband and I will be hosting soon. It came out better than I expected.
- After my foam mattress topper got ruined and I had to trash it, I've been having more back pain, but the replacement topper I ordered is now on the bed along with fresh sheets and a clean comforter. I'm hoping for a really great sleep tonight.
- My husband is a sweetie and my dog cuddled with me on the couch (once he stopped being mad at me because I had to clean his butt after our afternoon walk).

Made it to Hero Blacksmith in Fantasy Life and completed a few more quests! I also spent some time redecorating my houses a little, and I'll be ready to start Chapter Six of the main story next time!
Watched some more YouTube videos with my family, and more of Markiplier's old Spooky's House of Jumpscares series with my mom!
I got to see not one, but TWO new pieces of official birthday art of one of my comfort characters!! ;w; I'm only seeing it a few days after his birthday but it's fine. I've been feeling kinda down on-and-off this week and so this was a huge mood boost.

I got to spend the day with my spouse. This year we have been so busy with people wanting help (mostly from him), we didn't really get time to just be together at home and chill. It's so nice things are going back to normal after months and months of it not.

My spouse surprised me with a jellyfish lava lamp thingy. It's so fun. I love it.

My Pins and new bag came in the mail today. I thought it would take longer to get here but turns out I ordered it longer ago that I thought. They are so fun and I just love it.

It was a cooler day out and cloudy most of the day and it was just nice. I think I'm ready for fall weather and warm drinks.

So, over the summer, I've been working on my first novel-length fanfiction (that I don't plan on discontinuing after the first chapter lolzies), and I'm happy to say that it's almost ready to be published! The outline for the first part is nearly finished, and I have the first draft of the prologue fully written. I just need to find a good beta (I've been searching for a LONG time) and maybe find someone to design a cover, and everything should be good to go by the end of September.

Also, it was my dad's birthday today and I got to see my baby brother. He's the most adorable bean to ever exist <3

* So, I ate a yummy grilled ham sandwich for lunch as mentioned.
* And tomorrow, my dad is making tacos for lunch ^__^
* Went to the store with my dad and got some snacks and candy.
* So, we checked the mail for the Amiibo card, and it hadn't come, BUT I later looked at my email to see that it came about an hour or so after checking according to the email notification. ^__^ I still don't have it, however. You see, instead of the typical mail boxes in our front yards, we have all of the neighorhood's mailboxes outside of it, so my dad has to drive to get the mail. I wish we just had a regular mailbox like in the old days, so I could just go out and get whatever I bought online, and not have to rely on my dad to drive up there. Though I kinda get way they do it the other way...it is so dogs do not attack the mailmen/mailwomen, which is a fear of mine. I hate when dogs jump on me, including my grandparent's dog. But I digress. XDDDD

The heatwave in the UK is almost at an end with cooler weather on the way and I honestly cannot wait. I've been itching for autumn since July and knowing it's only days away just soothes my soul. I can feel my mental health slowly resetting as well. 🥰
To carry on from yesterday... the heatwave is finally over after a week of feeling hot and tired from a lack of sleep. Whilst today will still be a warm and humid day I just feel relieved that it's over and I can finally look forward to autumn... aka cosy season! 🥳

I bought my first wheelchair today :)

I've spent the past almost 2 years pretending that Im not that disabled, only using a walking stick at a push, but the fact of the matter is a wheelchair will make life 1000x more accessible to me and it will give me not only energy but freedom too ! My chair should arrive on Tuesday and me and my partner reckon we're going to try and give it some cute Animal Crossing themes so that it feels more personal to me. I have plans to accessorise it but those plans cant be confirmed until it arrives and I get to see what will and wont fit on the chair. I've been so concerned about looking too disabled or how people would perceive me as a young, alternative disabled person but why on earth would I allow my concerns about how others view me limit my mobility? and limit my ability to enjoy life? Thats such a stupid idea and honestly, Im the one limiting myself by thinking like that.

Anyways - yay !! wheelchair incoming !!

- I started an art thread!!! I've honestly been in a bit of a creative rut for the last couple of years and social media has been bad for artists lately which hasn't helped, but I thought I'd try it and I don't regret it. I've already had some lovely comments which made me feel a lot more confident about my art and it's really making me want to draw more..!

- I downloaded a new mobile game where you collect rabbits (it's called Usagi Shima) and it's ridiculously cute.

- I tried a type of dessert called hummingbird cake. I'd never heard of it before, but it's a banana and pineapple spice cake with icing, and it had colourful flowers on top. It was good!

- We finally had a big thunderstorm after a hot week. It's still hot but I don't even mind, I just really like thunderstorms.

Last edited:
It’s just a little thing but I’ve needed little steps- very happy to have finally tried oil painting even if it’s just for gradient tests :) It just feels really nice, and it hasn’t revived my drive to draw (which ultimately I have to deal with before I can paint), but it‘s some encouragement.
It might sound pretentious but I just find a relieving vanity or hedonism in the idea of doing fine art. Weirdly coming to the realisation of how intimate it is for me mentally, by which I mean how deep I get in understanding the structure of my subjects.

Also, I hung out with my cat today! I’ve mostly been holed up in my room. I missed her.

It’s nice to have Vesta on this site too :) Not going to be on the lineup permanently, but I always like the villager/character collectables, and she’s an absolute classic.

the auto feeder for my kittens came in today which is super fast considering i only ordered it friday. i've been able to come home during lunch to feed them this past week! going on my lunch breaks are gonna be a bit shorter which makes it hard to hurry home, feed them and then hurry back. the kitties were super interested in it! i thought they'd be afraid honestly, but the feeder has a setting where i could record my voice and it'll play every scheduled feeding time. i was a little nervous when getting it because they're still on a diet of a serving of wet food three times a day (with a couple small bowls of dry food they can graze on all day.) but this will hopefully help hold them over until i can get home to feed them their mid day serving of wet food 🙏

• This is something I've kind of *****ed about for a while, but my 3DS finally works! It may only be temporary, but I at least think I know what the problem is.
  • Relating to the last thing, I can finally go on my NL and WW towns. In New Leaf, really the worst things that have happened are villagers thinking I was dead. In Wild World, there were dead flowers and weeds, but it rained so it took care of that.
  • I went to go visit my sister in college, and we got ice cream 😋!

Last edited:
i’m sleepy and kind of low-energy today, but i still have some things that i’m happy about! c: i hope you all have a safe, wonderful week ahead! 🩵

ੈ✩‧₊˚ it was actually cold in my room for the first time in forever!! summer is my worst time of year with how unbearable the hot and humid temps are for me, but the temps are finally starting to cool down now! getting to sit in my room and curl up under my blanket comfortably was the highlight of my day! i’m so happy, fall is finally almost here!! ☺️🍂

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i came up with a couple more christmas lineup ideas
IMG_2750.png
i really need to stop thinking about christmas when we haven’t even had halloween and thanksgiving yet LOL, but i can’t help it— i just love christmas so much, and i’ve been so inspired to create lineups as of late!

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i’ve also come up with some ideas for art that i want to try and create! i’m not sure how well i’ll be able to bring my ideas to life, or when i’ll have the energy to try haha, but i’m excited! reviving my art thread has motivated me a lot, i’m hoping to at least be able to get a few doodles done this week before i start attempting any of my more complex ideas!

ੈ✩‧₊˚ my little baby 🖤
9b884db0fa635370e9e33a514c5bad15cbcd8de1.jpg

ੈ✩‧₊˚ my mom made some delicious green beans with dinner tonight! they were cooked perfectly, very well-seasoned, even a little spicy… they were so good 🤤

Watched some more YouTube videos with my family, and more of Markiplier's old Spooky's House of Jumpscares series with my mom!
mark is actually who got me into spooky’s house of jumpscares (now spooky’s jump scare mansion), i love that game and his playthrough of it so much!

mark is actually who got me into spooky’s house of jumpscares (now spooky’s jump scare mansion), i love that game and his playthrough of it so much!
It's a great playthrough, I don't know how we've missed it for so long! ;v; Now I'm honestly lowkey considering getting Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion for myself when October rolls around aaaaa
also thank you for blessing us with the Bonk again 🖤
--

Watched another episode of Hunter x Hunter and the latest One Piece this morning! I have some Feelings™️ about the latter (spoilers: pls Denjiro's great and one of my favorites of the Akazaya but I wanted Hiyori to be the one to take out Orochi SO BAD) but the artsy animation they used was super cool and gorgeous!!
I spent a good part of today planning out my current and future aesthetics!! Like xara I've had a Halloween aesthetic ready to go for months now LOL and I'm already putting winter aesthetics together... help
My family and I got to see some more Youtube videos together today too! I'm so happy to see Decked Out make its return on Hermitcraft; I loved watching people's runs of the original version back in Season 7!!

Back