• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I saw a bunch of crows and a squirrel in my backyard.
- I had a peaceful workday. I didn't finish everything that I wanted to get done, but I did take care of the most important things and my incident queue has never looked better.
- I'm off work for the next 9 days! The beginning of my time off always feels the best when I have the whole week still ahead of me.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog this evening. I love snuggling with them both.

@Midoriya I'm glad you found some things to be happy about. I think it's lovely that you made that donation. 💚

@Midoriya I'm glad you found some things to be happy about. I think it's lovely that you made that donation. 💚

Thank you.

One last thing I'll mention I'm happy about before I leave for the weekend, but the Texas Rangers just beat the Seattle Mariners 8-5 and the Houston Astros got royally flushed by the Kansas City Royals 7-5, so now the Rangers are a half game in the lead for the division again! Just need to keep playing good baseball with the remaining games left. ⚾ 🔥

-The leftover wings from yesterday accidentally came with the sauce on the side, which burned my tongue whenever I dipped the chicken. Today, I learned how to use the cooking brush and adjust the heating time. They came out excellent!

-I reorganized my nephew's toy area in preparation for tomorrow and tidied up a bit of the bookshelves.

I used the last of the konpeito I got from @Oblivia 's giveaway along with some white chocolate chips to bake cookies!! 🌟🍪 I think they turned out really well! ^^ The flavor of the konpeito is a bit more noticeable than when I used them as cake sprinkles, and it blends together nicely with the cookie and white chocolate imo. I'm a fan of the added crunchy texture too! I'm not normally a big fan of white chocolate, but chose them for ~aesthetic~ reasons to match the rainbow-y konpeito, and I'm glad I did! I think regular chocolate chips might've overpowered the konpeito, but the subtlety of the white chocolate works really well with everything else.
konpeito cookies.jpg

You can't see the konpeito very well unfortunately, but there's a lot in there!
I made it all the way to Creator rank as a Cook in Fantasy Life!! Although I can't complete the Special Request for it yet gahhh Also completed several more quests! I'm super close to being able to afford another Bliss Bonus soon too aaaa
Watched some more Youtube with my family! We got to see Grian's Decked Out run compilation on his second channel, and it was a blast to watch.

today was my brothers birthday, and he decided to order Whataburger for the occasion. It was just an ordinary day, nothing much happened, but it was still nice to have some Whataburger. 🤤🤤🤤

And I finally got the Dream Suite request in New Leaf, and will be getting T&T Mart tomorrow (or technically 6 AM today), so I’m pretty happy about that too ^_^

A longer than usual post this week, it's been a good one.

- It's the autumn equinox! I've already talked a lot about how excited I am for autumn so I won't repeat myself, but as you can imagine I'm very happy about this.

- Went for my weekly walk with dad. Nothing too exciting this time, but I always love seeing the little changes each time we visit. We saw deer and squirrels, of course.

- Got home to find that mum had bought some carrot cake! I'm also gonna try something new for dinner, so lots of good food today.

- Been chatting to @Drawdler recently. We're both artists and they're very easy to talk to so we've had a lot to talk about and it's been nice!!

- Also finally got to change my username with the help of @Midoriya. I've wanted to change it for a while so I'm really happy every time I see it!

- The Great British Bake Off starts next week!!! I don't watch much TV at all, but every year I watch GBBO with my mum and we make a bit of an event of it with blankets and tea and baked goods and such. It's always a good time so I'm looking forward to it.

I used the last of the konpeito I got from @Oblivia 's giveaway along with some white chocolate chips to bake cookies!! 🌟🍪 I think they turned out really well! ^^ The flavor of the konpeito is a bit more noticeable than when I used them as cake sprinkles, and it blends together nicely with the cookie and white chocolate imo. I'm a fan of the added crunchy texture too! I'm not normally a big fan of white chocolate, but chose them for ~aesthetic~ reasons to match the rainbow-y konpeito, and I'm glad I did! I think regular chocolate chips might've overpowered the konpeito, but the subtlety of the white chocolate works really well with everything else.
View attachment 514209
You can't see the konpeito very well unfortunately, but there's a lot in there!
I'm happy about this today ^

i was too tired to post yesterday hehe, but i hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far!
IMG_3532.gif

ੈ✩‧₊˚ my irl best friend and i hung out and played new horizons together!! i have no words for how much fun it was; we laughed so much together, and i was honestly almost in tears a couple of times because it’d been ages since i’d smiled so much and had that much fun 😭😭💖 after the past two years i’ve had, i didn’t think it was possible anymore for me to feel so at ease and happy. i set up a mini party area for him with all of the fruits and clothes he wanted (wrapped so they’d be like little presents!) since his birthday was on thursday, and he loved it so much!! we spent some time chasing each other around with axes and swinging them at each other LOL, i showed him my house and he loved and hyped up all of my rooms (even the empty one 😭), and then we played museum hide and seek for a couple of hours! basically, the seeker would close their eyes irl and the other would hide in one of the museum exhibits, and the seeker would have to find them! we got silly and unhinged during it lmao, but it was so much fun! i especially loved when he ran past my hiding spot twice during two different rounds
IMG_2750.png
we took a little break to go on a coffee date at the roost, did group stretching together once we stopped playing hide and seek, and finally he left the sweetest, cutest note and doodle on my bulletin board before he left 🥹💖 i was so nervous about playing with him since i’d never had anyone over to my island before to hang out, and i’ve never played anything with him and was worried that i’d be socially anxious or awkward during it, but honestly it seems so dumb now because he’s my best friend. i’ve known him for just over 6 years and have never felt so comfortable with anyone before; idk why i thought playing a game with him would be any different 😅
IMG_3759.jpeg

i was hiding behind one of the wild painting halves; this was one of the rounds where he ran right past me twice
IMG_2750.png

IMG_3764.jpeg

IMG_3765.jpeg

he jokingly calls me his wife and i jokingly call him my husband LOL, but i lowkey started crying xnsjnxjdnc
IMG_3767.jpeg
IMG_3768.jpeg

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i watched barbie for the billionth time this afternoon xnsjndj, and bonk cuddled with me while i did so 🥹 bonky and barbie is the perfect way to spend an afternoon imo 🖤

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i gave away one of my unused flower collectibles! my inventory is slowly but surely becoming less cluttered and full of collectibles that i don’t use, and it feels good! ☺️🌼

ੈ✩‧₊˚ it’s officially the first day of fall!! 🍂 the temperatures have slowly been dropping over the past couple of weeks, and because my window is open, i’ve woken up every day this past week to my room being cold!!!! after being nonstop sweaty, miserable, and unable to sleep since may because of how hot and humid it’s been, this literally feels like a miracle LOL. i am going to enjoy my cooler and cold weather until it’s time for me to complain about summer and how hot it is again!!

ੈ✩‧₊˚ only 8 more days until october 1st, and then it’ll officially be spooky season and i can pull out my halloween aesthetic for this year!! 🎃🖤 yes i know thanksgiving comes first in canada but i have been waiting all year for my spooky aesthetic xndjdnchfb

Got Blossom a Santa toy and some Christmas flavoured treats. They won't see Christmas though, I can't resist her little face! I'm going to open them later and see if she likes them

i think not being able to wait until christmas to give our fur babies their gifts is a universal experience; my mom and i were giving bonk some of her gifts in august last year had to make up for the year and a half of her life where we didn’t know her 👀, and i imagine we won’t be able to wait until christmas again this year either hehe. they have such sweet little faces, you just can’t help but spoil them!! 🥹🥹

and blossom is such a cutie!!! her colouring is so beautiful— and look at her little face!!!!! give her a kiss for me 🥹🧡

I was too tired to type this last night, but yesterday was really nice!

- We started moving furniture yesterday! I could only help out for the first half of the day, but we managed to move a decent amount, and all of my rooms furniture is now moved in! We’re continuing later today.
- I’m very grateful for the friends who offered to come over and help mum move. One family came over yesterday, and my Aunty and uncle, along with two other family friends are coming over to help today, which is really kind of them ☺️
- Yesterday was my partner’s birthday!! It was a lot of fun. I went over to visit in the afternoon, and we played a bunch of Mario kart and jenga with their family. We had burgers for dinner and chocolate mud cake for dessert! 🎂

i was too tired to post yesterday hehe, but i hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far! View attachment 514256

ੈ✩‧₊˚ my irl best friend and i hung out and played new horizons together!! i have no words for how much fun it was; we laughed so much together, and i was honestly almost in tears a couple of times because it’d been ages since i’d smiled so much and had that much fun 😭😭💖 after the past two years i’ve had, i didn’t think it was possible anymore for me to feel so at ease and happy. i set up a mini party area for him with all of the fruits and clothes he wanted (wrapped so they’d be like little presents!) since his birthday was on thursday, and he loved it so much!! we spent some time chasing each other around with axes and swinging them at each other LOL, i showed him my house and he loved and hyped up all of my rooms (even the empty one 😭), and then we played museum hide and seek for a couple of hours! basically, the seeker would close their eyes irl and the other would hide in one of the museum exhibits, and the seeker would have to find them! we got silly and unhinged during it lmao, but it was so much fun! i especially loved when he ran past my hiding spot twice during two different rounds View attachment 514262 we took a little break to go on a coffee date at the roost, did group stretching together once we stopped playing hide and seek, and finally he left the sweetest, cutest note and doodle on my bulletin board before he left 🥹💖 i was so nervous about playing with him since i’d never had anyone over to my island before to hang out, and i’ve never played anything with him and was worried that i’d be socially anxious or awkward during it, but honestly it seems so dumb now because he’s my best friend. i’ve known him for just over 6 years and have never felt so comfortable with anyone before; idk why i thought playing a game with him would be any different 😅
View attachment 514268

i was hiding behind one of the wild painting halves; this was one of the rounds where he ran right past me twice View attachment 514262
View attachment 514269

View attachment 514270

he jokingly calls me his wife and i jokingly call him my husband LOL, but i lowkey started crying xnsjnxjdncView attachment 514271View attachment 514272

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i watched barbie for the billionth time this afternoon xnsjndj, and bonk cuddled with me while i did so 🥹 bonky and barbie is the perfect way to spend an afternoon imo 🖤

ੈ✩‧₊˚ i gave away one of my unused flower collectibles! my inventory is slowly but surely becoming less cluttered and full of collectibles that i don’t use, and it feels good! ☺️🌼

ੈ✩‧₊˚ it’s officially the first day of fall!! 🍂 the temperatures have slowly been dropping over the past couple of weeks, and because my window is open, i’ve woken up every day this past week to my room being cold!!!! after being nonstop sweaty, miserable, and unable to sleep since may because of how hot and humid it’s been, this literally feels like a miracle LOL. i am going to enjoy my cooler and cold weather until it’s time for me to complain about summer and how hot it is again!!

ੈ✩‧₊˚ only 8 more days until october 1st, and then it’ll officially be spooky season and i can pull out my halloween aesthetic for this year!! 🎃🖤 yes i know thanksgiving comes first in canada but i have been waiting all year for my spooky aesthetic xndjdnchfb

i think not being able to wait until christmas to give our fur babies their gifts is a universal experience; my mom and i were giving bonk some of her gifts in august last year had to make up for the year and a half of her life where we didn’t know her 👀, and i imagine we won’t be able to wait until christmas again this year either hehe. they have such sweet little faces, you just can’t help but spoil them!! 🥹🥹

and blossom is such a cutie!!! her colouring is so beautiful— and look at her little face!!!!! give her a kiss for me 🥹🧡
This made me so happy to read, I’m really glad it went so well!! 😊

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep at a semi-decent time last night and got to sleep in this morning.
- Instead of my typical blueberry bagels, I got some cinnamon raisin bread at the store last night. It was a nice change and the flavor was just perfect for the beginning of autumn.
- It was a cold, rainy day which I don't love, but I didn't have to do anything so I got to just stay inside all day and be lazy.
- I had some delicious mint chocolate moose tracks ice cream this evening.
- It was only my first day off. Still plenty more time off to go!

We celebrated my dad's birthday today and I think it went really well!! We had tons of good food (including cheesecake with fresh raspberries!!) and he seemed to really like his presents! 🥹
We also watched our usual episodes of Hunter x Hunter and Fairy Tail this morning! And we also got to see SolidarityGaming's latest New Life episode this evening as well.
I reached Creator rank as a Woodcutter, Carpenter, Paladin, and Mercenary in Fantasy Life today! Whew. I also continued to finish up some more quests and started to attempt the early levels of the Trial of Time!
I just watched Dollightful's latest doll customization and ohhh my gosh I love Uvie's design so incredibly much?? ;v; I didn't even know how much I liked dark rainbow palettes until this video?? I feel bad for Dollightful with how much she struggled with their design and then the actual customizing process as well, but the end result is honestly outstanding!! Uvie is such a cool doll—they're so expressive and I'm in love with their fashion style!! I'm actually obsessed omg 🖤🌈

Had a busy day yesterday (Saturday, September 23, 2023) so forgot to post here!
  • Got up early, just before 5am. I'm trying to get back into the swing of that as I prefer to do that even at weekends as I can make the most of my day! On work days, I like to get my work done, then the rest of the day is mine!
  • Everyday I feel so lucky to still have my Dad still in my life. I had a lovely day with him, as always.
  • He always appreciates everything I do for him, as he knows how difficult things are for me with my pain.
  • I bought my Dad a watch as part of his birthday, I knew that the bracelet won't fit as he suffers from swollen wrists, so I contacted Seiko to ask where I could buy spare links. The staff were so nice and sent out some links free of charge, so I'm happy that it will be a comfortable fit now for him!
  • Ordered some multicoloured ribbon for crafting purposes. I am absolutely hopeless at crafting, but still enjoy trying!
Blossom sends you and Bonk a kiss! ❤️
20230923_104848-min.jpg

-Im so happy that I finally finished, and was able to get my contest out today. Ive never run a contest before, but Im super excited!! Kinda wonder if I posting it on the museum was the wrong choice, but its fine! Im optimistic!

-My game team is in 1st this week, and we may even surpass the highest ranked teams this round!! I also got my little pirate Ike to Max 6. Hopefully I'll be able to use him '^^;
Ikeadvcard.png

(Isnt he cute ♡)

-I re-organized, and cleaned my room, and my cat joined me. She was very in helpful. I have one less furniture in my room and its weird ^^; But Ill get used to it.

I also found, Pokemon Mystery Dugeon: Blue, and Sims Animals xD Both of which Im very excited to replay.

Lets see if Im still a Skitty ♡
--
I know its something weird to be excited about, but Im really excited to go to work tomorrow xD I love the arcade.
--
I watched the behind the scenes videos for a upcoming horror movie, and they were really interesting. Im not brave enough to watch *Saw X* but the behind the scenes videos in movies are always really interesting. To see filmimg, and get the directors views on concepts. Also meet the actors apart of the movies and their takes on it, along with how much deeper stories are, seeing how scenes are filmed. Really intetesting stuff.
--
I saw Barbie for the fourth time last week. The more I watch it, the more emotional I get ♡ I love it so much
-

Last edited:
I got my official new job title at work today, so instead of just being a cashier I’m also the talent captain which is my main job now. Which means I’ll be interviewing employee candidates and running orientation for new employees. Will still be a cashier there whenever I’m able to and whenever they need me to but 12 hours of every week will be spent doing work as the talent captain.

I’m really excited about this. This is my first actual job at 29 years old and I literally got it 25 days ago, started as solely a cashier and suddenly got this additional position offer. I’m happy and proud of my progress and hope to keep doing a good job!

I started playing the first Life is Strange game and it’s really cool.

Went out to a local pizzeria last night (that’s been around for over 50 years) with my sister. The pizza was great and I have leftovers that I can have for lunch after work today

I also bought a half gallon of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and it’s delicious :)

Sunday, September 24, 2023
  • Managed to get Blossom for a walk this morning before it became too wet. She had a great time meeting some other dogs.
  • I also found out that she is partial to a mini mallow or two. I had them for hot chocolate and some fell as I was pouring them into the mug. She soon hoovered them up. :coffee:
  • Even though Blossie is still classed as a puppy at 10 and a half months, she is quite big and her tail wags so far from side to side, that it can easily get in the way of delicate things. (I don't mind, I find it quite funny, as most things can be repaired or replaced, as long as she's ok that's the main thing!) She had a slight accident and knocked poor old Jemima Puddleduck from the table. Jemima has been on the table for many years and survived. It was a clean break, but I will need to get the glue out to attach Jemima's head again. Thankfully, Blossie didn't eat any of her. :ROFLMAO:
  • Made some cheese scones, I did cheat as they weren't from scratch, it was a packet mix and some were interestingly shaped, but they tasted good, so that's the main thing!
  • Opened a tub of Celebrations. It is after all a birthday celebration this weekend!
20230924_181845-min.jpg

Last edited:
My sister gave me her Fire Stick because I wanted one and she didn't really use her second one. It's so cool, I love how it turns any TV into a Smart TV with that one-time purchase. And you don't even need Amazon Prime.

It takes a while to set up and download all the apps, but I'm surprised there are so many apps. I thought you could choose between like 5 tops. But you can even watch TikTok and live tv.

Today I’m happy because I’m feeling better then I did yesterday. I got up early so me and Aurora could get a nice walk before I went to work. My mom’s scans came back and she is still cancer free.
We went to lunch yesterday. We got Aurora a new toy donut and she really likes it.

F5D539A0-F46D-4AC7-A95A-948CBFB4F00D.jpeg

Back