What are you reading?

I started The Witch’s Heart by Genevieve Gornichec. It has a super interesting plot and it feels grand and epic at times. If twists on Norse legends sounds interesting to you I’d recommend it.

I'm currently reading The Dark Prophecy, which is the second book in the Trials of Apollo series my least fav character dies in the next one, can't wait to get my grubby lil hands on it, and I'm going to start the Odyssey soon!

I love high fantasy, and am continuing a series of books called The Ririya Chroncles by Michael J. Sullivan.

I dont want to say much about the series, but holy moly I love the characters Royce and Hadrian, a pair of theives with opposite outlooks on life.

If there are any other fans of Fantasy, and not the obvious classics like The Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, maybe we can discuss wonderful gems out there? A lot of great books are overlooked without word of mouth.

I finished Heir of Fire (4/5 stars) and now I'm reading Queen of Shadows. Idk how SJM does it but she makes books that are so enthralling and easy to read!

Finished Queen of Shadows (4.5/5) and now I’m doing a tandem read of the next 2 books (they take place during the same time period but show different perspectives). I’m loving them already 🥰

I’m reading Madness Explained. It’s a science filled psychology book on schizophrenia spectrum disorders, psychosis, depression, and bipolar disorders. The book is definitely not what I would call accessible both in terms of the amount of technical language used to describe the conditions and the studies done on them. Thankfully I took a psychology class before and have read tons of psychology articles over the years so I can fully enjoy the book. The only downside is that the book is from 2003 and from what I’ve found hasn’t been updated. It relies on information from the DSM-IV which is an outdated book that has since been replaced by the DSM-V. I still think the book has some insightful things to say about these conditions though and I think it’s changing my perception of them as someone who lives with one of the them.

I'm currently reading The Tyrant's Tomb, which is the fourth book in the Trials of Apollo series, as well as The Odyssey. I might have to DNF it, or at least put it on hold, because it's long and I have other books I need to get to.

@mocha. good luck with the tandem read!

I'm doing something silly, which is reading two books at once. The first of which is Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin, and Iron Flame by Rebecca Yarros. Both are fine books, but it also feels like something is missing from them.

Been trying to get through these this year. Due to their nature, I like to re-read sections. Haven't gotten past the top book yet so I have quite a bit ahead of me still. I don't foresee myself getting through all of it this year alone. Lots of info in there. Rn im a hair away from halfway through the top book.
PXL_20240731_222345150.jpg

I'm currently reading Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb and A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I took a small break from reading for about six months or so, and I decided to restart my reading journey with these two series that have been on my TBR for awhile. I also want to start reading Brandon Sanderson's books soon

I'm currently reading volume 3 of the Tokyo Ghoul manga. I've been in a huge graphic novel phase, and it's the only thing I can bring myself to read lately.

The last book I read/continued was It Ends With Us, to watch the movie with my sister in theatres.

Kinda taking a break and now playing an interactive visual novel, called Until Then!

I'm currently reading:
- The Sun and the Star by Rick Riordan and Mark Oshiro
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- The Odyssey

I haven't picked any of them up for about a week or so because I've been busy preparing for school, but I'm trying to get back into them now.

trainspotting by irvine welsh, although taking a small break from it because i don't have the time to sit and read for a bit these days. >:

I finished the tandem read of Empire of Storms and Tower of Dawn and rated them both 4/5 stars. Now onto Kingdom of Ash!

As of late I've started reading Dracula! I'm still very early into it (as in, within the first thirty-ish pages), but I think it's pretty good so far!

Just finished A Clockwork Orange. Now reading Crazy Rich Asians, since I am heading to Singapore soon 😅

Back