• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What are you reading?

I finished Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky this week, I loved every page of both. I’ve had The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt on my shelf for weeks ready to read but the size is intimidating me

I finished Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky this week, I loved every page of both. I’ve had The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt on my shelf for weeks ready to read but the size is intimidating me
ah I love Perks! Hope you plan on watching the movie adaptation if you haven't already, Logan Lerman absolutely nails Charlie's role.

Still listening to LOTR: The Return of the King on my commute (about 11 hours left), but I've finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (1963) and I've moved on to The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir (1949, with 2009 translation)! Given my workload, I won't have a lot of time during the weekdays (or weekend for that matter) to read, so I imagine it will take me some time to get through given its size. I don't mind shelving it for a while if it doesn't hold my interest, but the first five pages have been good so far. 😊

I haven't read a physical book so far this year, and we're already at the end of September! 😳 Mostly I'm reading research papers at the moment for work (so. many. papers.), but I also have a bunch of other things I want to focus on right now! That being said, I did end up shelving The Second Sex temporarily, though I hope to get back to it at some point. Most recently on my commute to work I've listened to and finished Take Your Eye Off the Puck by Greg Wyshynski!

Back